Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on how to proceed.

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)
So I recently did my first roleplay, with someone to do a critical part of my characters story which is freeing him from his stasis pod. Now maybe its just me but I feel like it was really rushed and it felt like we kind of just blew pass what was supposed to be a very significant moment for my character. I don't know, do you guys think i should just go with it, or should I pretend the thread didn't happen and start over? Sorry if this sounds stupid.

Link to character: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/98452-tyluko-dubykee/#entry1425077

Link to roleplay: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/98473-operation-free-the-2392-year-old-dolphin-man/

Matreya

Well, are you okay with what happened? I am reading it with a bit of surprise. I expected... more lol. Not insulting, rather with a rush I envision large posts trying to get everything done and over with quickly. But instead there were several posts from you in a row, which also signals a rush from you as well.

If you feel it at least covers the basics, then go ahead, stick with it. One day you can roleplay it again, saying this one turned out to be a memory implanted by someone else. Then that the new one would be the real one.

Either way, it seems at least okay. Up to you though.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Tyluko Dubykee"]

1. Try not to double post.
  2. Use the EDIT button if you need to change something or add more content.
  3. That thread was totally fine. Some people make really long posts. Some people don't. It's totally cool either way.
  4. You can EDIT your last post with more content if you want to add more content to the ending. You're the writer. You're responsible for your writing.

In closing. Keep it and move on. :)

[member="Tyluko Dubykee"]

It did kind of get blown through a little too fast, and I wouldn't have called that more than a snapshot, personally. You can feel free to ignore it, if you wish, but you don't have to do so. I agree with [member="Jay Scott Clark"] that you definitely need to edit posts rather than multi-post - and I know you can write more than you have, because your submission to our Codex proved it.

One thing I will say: people write as others in their threads do. The short and snappy responses provoked short and snappy responses. I wouldn't waste an hour on writing a long post if someone gave me a sentence in return - and I couldn't, because they'd have given me next to nothing to work with! Gonna direct you here, just to give you some reference!

And, don't forget, there's absolutely nothing stopping you from revisiting the event in later threads: you could use a flashback, which is particularly effective in certain spots. That part's up to you!

Anyway, good luck with your writing!

A very long time ago on another website I used to RP on, the argument came about with how long posts should be. Some people started writing out eight paragraph long posts, detailing every movement and interaction, while others wrote several small sentences.

In the end, what matters is if you added to the RP, whether long or short. From time to time, I do both, but I see nothing wrong with your posts. Just don't feel that you need to rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom