Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Advice on clones\strand-casts and the species template?

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ
Hello all, I'm trying to codify a cloning program from previous threads but I'm unsure how to fit them into the species template as is.

The initial plan was for these to be used as a foundation for clone trooper-style characters to use, taking some inspiration from jango clones on a cultural level but using more modern techniques such as Strand-Casts and later "two donor" style clones as seen in the bad batch and mentioned in the mandalorian tv series.

the issue im finding is that despite the heavy augmentations to prepare them for combat, they are outwardly similar enough to their donors, some of which would be hybrids from multiple species(EX: Tae'l is part human part twi'lek for fluff reasons) and because of this shear variety, im not sure how well they'd fit into the species codex as it appears to ask for something more uniform and traditional.
Has anyone else run into this issue and\or found a way around it? i might be overthinking this but i wanted to see what y'all think of it

If it's just clones of one or two hybrids but otherwise normal then John is right, maybe make a company sub describing who and where it is happening (the company sub isn't judged so just use it like an article)

If you are making übermensch clones and strandcasts (which tbh most are if subbed) then you will need the species and basically just write it as a new species but put in their appearances that they look "normal"

Really... The Codex Species template is designed to handle any number of hybridization but it's only required for a hybrid of 3 or more Species per the Character Template. If you're not looking to codify them as a playable Species you could also use a Media/Lore Template to write about them. (Think history book, science report style or a holo, etc. )

But otherwise Species will be your best bet because while they may not outwardly look that different you do describe them as having internal or functional distinctions in their design. You can add any fields you need to make Species work you just can't remove any. If the category doesn't reply just put "n/a" in that field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom