Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice for expanding the Raulynate

I've been doing my best in my many, many attempts at getting the Raulynate name out there and by getting threads up and running. I've been trying to bring more people to the faction, though it seems that many would rather shy away from it, or otherwise make a note that it exists and nothing beyond that.
What I am looking for is advice on how to get the faction more known than it already is. I would like to get more than the small core group of people whom have been rping its events and happenings to grow, and I would like to see more people join.
Any ideas, comments or other such critiques to make that happen beyond the simple "keep rping" or "make more posts"?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Singular visions are very hard to pull off these days. Keeping a group of people together long enough to accomplish a singular goal is beyond my comprehension. I still have no idea how we are pulling off Dominions and Weekend Treasure Hunts these days. Everybody is busy doing their own thing. I don't think you are alone in the struggle to find 'like minded peers'. People are scattered. Adventures are everywhere. Even the Jedi Academy Network was created because all these Jedi people need a place to find common ground. And that ain't easy either.

I don't think you are suffering from anything spectacularly unique at this point in time. Finding common ground is more difficult than ever when we are all so very, very busy celebrating our differences. :D

Almira Magrath said:
What I am looking for is advice on how to get the faction more known than it already is.

Roleplay. And by that I mean don't make the faction the center of the RP. Make some open RPs or something just for your character, get said character out there. Once people know the character, then start to build the faction upon that. Let them know the character and the motivations before easing into the faction.

You can have the most interesting faction idea ever, but if your roleplays don't seem accessible and easy to join then no one will really care.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Make your RPs something someone might want to join as an impulse, when they're looking for a fun public thread. Then hook them. They're at the checkout going about their business. Be the Coke.

The problem I've been running into is with the public threads. I've made open public threads only to watch them get views before they go plunging into the deep dark of the forum because people either ignore them completely after reading them, or (in those cases where they mean to post) they forget to post. Many of my open threads have ended up being lost because people don't post in them, or it stalls out because one party stops posting.
[member="Yarva Adisu"]
[member="Physeter Balke"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Almira Magrath"]

Happens with public threads all the time. I've had plenty of mine lapse into insignificance after 0-5 posts. Three things come to mind:
  • Learn to make better hooks
  • Accept that a good chunk of public threads just won't get off the ground, even if all else is solid
  • Don't be afraid to stampede over someone who's holding things up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom