Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adrift (Character Intro)

Aaand there it was. Anna patted 1059's back panel as she closed it, then gave the old droid a thumbs up and a bright smile. No sooner had his chassis closed again than both of the remaining B1 models gave her a quick salute and toddled off after their officer. Anna grinned after them for a couple of moments, then noticed the whole group talking to a couple of guys who weren't on the salvage crew. The second wave, then. Likely here to scalp whatever they thought was valuable to sell at a markup later. No big deal. She didn't want to let these droids get hoodwinked off on some new-age slavery, though...

Aw hell. Anna wandered up and rested her fists on her hips a meter or two back from the trio of droids. She was covered in lubricant oil practically from head to toe, by this point, but that didn't seem to make her grin falter in the least. "Hey there," she greeted as she approached. "You fellas came in on that second ship, right?" Force, she hoped they weren't just scrappers. That'd be the worst possible outcome.

Well, that was why she was here, after all. To make sure these three little metallic idiots didn't sign their souls away to someone who just wanted them for desh. "These guys are really something, huh? Fully-functional Old Republic-era combat models." Probe for motivation. Look for the eye of a businessman.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] | [member="B1-176"] | [member="Dominic Shiro"]

Dominic smiled as the droid infront of him spoke of his history, it seemed his life had been rough to say the least, with this 'grevious' as a commander, even the name sounded horrid. Granted, It wasn't exactly clear what that droid was saying seeing as he was babbling a bit and speaking quite fast. Though when the droid finally stopped, he felt obliged to respond with a slight bit of interest. "Sounds like you've had it rough, B1. Are those your squad mates?" Motioning to the droids still being worked on.​
From behind the young man, Dom heard Kahlil reference the droid's previous statement, 'Jedi scum'. That was sure to bring a slight bit of irritation to the pair, but he remained calm infront of the droid, attempting to keep a low profile in the middle of this makeshift market. Kahlil made a remark to B1. "Friend might be a bit optimistic but as of current, this is B1, and B1 this is my Captain... Uhh... Kyle. Forgot his name for a second." His mechanical eye adjusted itself to focus on the pair of droids and the person making their way toward them. He figured this was the time to allow Kahlil to take over.​
He simply answered the woman with a wave and went back to his discussion with B1. "So, how long you been with these people, Uhh B1-1.. I'm sorry I can't remember the number, can I just call you Bee?"​

Kahlil's brow rose as an unamused smile spread across his face. He simply shook his head at [member="Dominic Shiro"] before turning to glance over the droid. "That we did. I already came for what I was looking for. What's your plan with these three?" The young man motioned to the trio, glancing back to [member="Anna Sachae"] . "I'm rather impressed they're still active. Plan to give them a job?" Bee, huh? Kahlil chuckles a little, glancing back to the padawan before shrugging.

"If you aren't, I can think of a couple things they can do on the ship. R6 is looking to have some more droids to help out. And while they're uh, not really mechanics, I'm sure there's something or another they can do."

[member="B1-176"]

Well, that was... good? They weren't carrying anything big, but they were carrying something. That probably meant they didn't have anything big moved back to their ship, either, which meant they probably weren't junkers. Blast, it was harder to read people than it was machines! Anna maintained her smile, reaching into her belt for a rag to wipe the lubricant off her hands. "My only plan is to let them self-determine, frankly." A freaking long shot for this bunch, to be totally fair. Mass-produced droids tended to have dog-brain software at the very best, with communication programs that amounted to simple commands and responses. These three seemed a bit more independent than most of the schematics she'd seen from that era, but they were clearly having trouble processing being alone.

Keep the conversation going. Keep probing. "They wouldn't be much help as shipboard labor without a total software overhaul. Manipulators aren't really made for using tools, either." Two fingers and a thumb were basically only good for holding a rifle and pulling the trigger. Anna's eyebrow raised and her eyes shone with a little spark when she heard mention of an R-series. Early R-series, too. These guys might actually have been antique collectors... which was a great deal better than scrappers, to say the least. "They're independent droids as of now. If you can convince them to join your crew, then happy trails. But they're not for sale because they're not mine."

Anna looked over to the B1 units and crossed her arms, cocking her head to one side. She tried a casual smile of encouragement, though it did occur to her that they might not even be able to differentiate what that sort of gesture meant. "How about it, guys? Your software partition means your memory banks should hold for now, and I didn't find any terminal hardware problems. You're good to go, if you want."

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] | [member="Dominic Shiro"] | [member="B1-176"]

B1 looked back at his fellow droids, scanning their genstures before turning his head towards [member="Anna Sachae"], his body mechanically shifting and rotating after. He looked at Anna, then the crew. Shifting his entire body, B1 extended his hand outwards towards the leader, "This proposition is acceptable." B1 than clumsily attempted to shake [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] 's hand.

The droids behind him stepped forwards and got into a tight spread, B1 was sure to turn back towards Anna before walking off, "Thank you for saving my life." The droid than stepped forwards and, followed by his companions, approached Khalil and Dominic.

Looking down and Dominic, B1 started, "Bee is an acceptable nick name. I will now respond to that given name. Now, where to sir?"

Kahlil raised a brow curiously at [member="B1-176"] as he extended a metallic hand. The Jedi laughed, shaking his head a little and taking the droid's shake firmly. "Then, Bee, welcome to the Crew. We'll get you on board as soon as we can." He casts a glance to [member="Dominic Shiro"] , giving the boy a nod in his direction. "Go with him. Dominic here can show you around The Bastion and I'll catch up in a second."

His gaze then shifted to [member="Anna Sachae"] , peering at her curiously. "Pretty impressive to get not just one but all three of them up and awake. How attached are you to the crew you're currently in?"

Dominic gave a slight smile as Bee agreed to his new nickname, though that smile soon turned more embarrassed as Kahlil revealed his name to the pair. "Right... Uhh, right this way, gentlemen or is it gentledrois?." Regardless, He motioned towards the Bastion and walked away, ensuring he gave Kahlil an unamused stare as he walked past.​
He walked back to the Bastion and opened the airlock for the trio of B1's, strolling inside and too a deep sigh. "OK, so... Jack isn't my real name, as you can probably guess, I'm Dominic and the big guy out there is Kahlil, this is The Bastion and this'll be your new home for the foreseeable future, We've got pretty much everything you need here, living quarters, a training room and a droid maintenance area."​
He took a step further into the ship only to trip on one of R6's legs, followed by a flurry of beeps that Dominic couldn't understand. He turned back around and began to speak once again "And this little adorable safety hazard is R6" The droid crawled closer to the trio, followed shortly by a few polite greetings.​
[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="B1-176"] [member="Anna Sachae"]​

With a quick chuckle, Anna shook her head and held up both hands. "Your interest is very flattering, but I don't think I'm ready to commit like that quite yet." Keep going. Explain your reasoning to prevent bad feelings. "I'm mostly working salvage for sustenance right now. It's the constant stream of old ships that keeps caf on the table. I don't even know what you guys do." After a second of consideration, Anna raised one eyebrow and held forward a slightly-dirty hand, still slick with droid oil. "Sorry, we haven't even really been introduced yet, have we? I'm Anna."

When she thought about it, she'd really only been on this crew for a month or two... and a couple of them were getting pretty irritated at her uncanny knack for bee-lining towards the rarest, most valuable salvage on any given rig. Even at her normal slow, deliberate pace, she still seemed to beat everyone else on the crew to the best finds, every time. Of course, Anna knew why that was, and why no one else would even have a chance. The playing field was unequal, and while that didn't feel great, knowing that she was exploiting her own unfair advantage for personal gain, she also knew that no one here was exactly starving. This haul was ancient. Everything on it was worth a small fortune... and it wasn't even their only find this week.

Moving on might not be a horrible idea, but she'd just met these guys. Hadn't even met them, actually. "Follow your gut" was one thing, but this was just uncomfortably reckless.

[member="Dominic Shiro"] | [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] | [member="B1-176"]

"Hello R6." B1 looked down at the droid and awkwardly nodded. He was interested that he and the droids would have someone to talk to, looking back up, he began. "Is there anywhere I can get an oil bath? Myself and my Team are in desperate need , and my joints have almost frozen up. During our long trip, the oil lubricating my joints had completely left my system."

The droid glanced at [member="Dominic Shiro"] waiting for a response. Having a second to 'think', he thought about his precarious situation. For years he had been subservient to a command center, doing everything he was told and being programmed to follow every order, but here he was now, programming removed, and able to do as he please. For the first time ever, he had his own free-will, and that to him was very important. He had no clue where he'd go or what he'd do, all he knew is that with these new friends, he could certainly start to get an idea.

[member="Anna Sachae"] [member="Dominic Shiro"] @Kahlil Zambrano

"Aahh. Worth a shot." The man laughs a little before taking [member="Anna Sachae"] 's hand in a firm shake. "Kahlil Zambrano. A pleasure to meet you properly." He turned his head to watch [member="B1-176"] and his two droid brethren follow [member="Dominic Shiro"] back to his vessel, a smile clear on his face. "I do appreciate you not haggling us out of all we own for those three, by the way. It'll be interesting to see what they choose to do with their freedom." Kahlil starts rubbing his hands together, trying to wipe off the oil a bit before offering a friendly wave to the salvager.

"I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you if R6 or them need any repairs. Or my ship, if you're interested in that sort of job. Hard to find a mechanic you can trust to know what they're doing this day and age." With that though he started to wander back to his ship, offering one last friendly smile. "Take care Anna."

As Dominic rose back to his feet, He could hear the droids exchange greetings. "So, you'll be polite to them but no me huh?" R6 responds with a few sarcastic beeps. "What do you mean I don't deserve the same treatment?" The astromech turns back to the trio responding to their question for Dom, informing the three of an oil bath in the Maintenance section. R6 proceeds to spin and dart off toward the room, hinting at the three to follow. making sure to run over Dom's foot on his way past.​
Dom, now lent against a wall and proceeded to watch [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] stroll back to the ship, Dom saw the smile on his face and assumed he had tried to recruit [member="Anna Sachae"]... "She didn't want to come?"​
[member="B1-176"]​

"I'll keep it in mind," Anna replied, grinned, and wiggled her fingers in a quick wave goodbye as the group walked off. "Take it easy, Khalil Zambrano."

It was... probably for the best. She hadn't yet made enough of a cushion for herself to take risks like that yet. Keep it simple. Keep her nose to the grindstone, and when she had a buffer she could live comfortably on for a while, she could go wander the stars with a freighter full of old droids and a couple of complete strangers. In the meantime, though, she had plenty to do. This ship had a few antiquities she needed to tag and seal. Maybe pass through a matter spectrometer to suss out what kind of cleaning method was safe for each one. Using water on ancient clay was a horrible idea, but using a static brush on electronics was equally bad.

Hmm. Anna brought up her comlink and gave a quick squawk towards Khalil, dropping her local frequency and holonet address. If they really did need to get in touch later, that'd make it a damn sight easier. Didn't hurt to spread your name around a little, either. With the personal interaction taken care of, and all three droids shown safely off to someone who probably wasn't going to melt them down, Anna could rest easy. Today had been a pretty good day.

~ Exeunt ~

B1 and the droids followed the astromech towards the end of the hall. As the door slid open, B1 was happy to see a pool of oil. He had never had a proper bath, and he took oil when he could during the war, but it had been a long time. The droid let out some light whistles as B1 and his team approached the heated oil, he couldn't help but let out a little chuckle, it was strange to be sure. Here was this droid, built for war and mass produced just to be destroyed and rebuilt, standing around getting ready to be given luxery treatment. The Droid and his companions entered the oil and soaked for some time.

As B1 came out of the oil, he approached R6 and leaned down. "After doing a schematics check, it has come to my attention that I have light damage to my back plating. There is light cracking and too much exposure to weather and buildup may further damage the plating and lead to the exposure of my central wiring. Do you have a sufficient material to cover the damage until repairs can be made?"

Letting out a series of little beeps and whistles, R6 charged through a sliding door and disappeared. B1 stood and looked at the door before turning to the droids, "I will take that as a yes."

The two other droids looked at each other, and then him, letting out a monotone and unanimous "Roger Roger."

"I don't believe that it is fair that you two do not have your own nicknames. Not to worry, if my calculations are correct, our new fr-" There was a roar as R6 charged through the door, banging one of his legs and spinning slightly, before correcting and rolling up to B1 and the others. The droid let out excited whistles while waving a brown ball of fabric.

B1 looked at the fabric and took it from the astromech's claw, unrolling it. What he held was some type of heavy brown fabric that was torn in multiple areas. Pulling it apart, he noticed a bent piece of metal attached to either side. "A cloak?" R6 whistled quickly again. "Thank you R6, It is lovely." B1 pulled the fabric to where it slung around his neck and pulled the two pieces of bent metal together, as he pulled them together, he lowered himself to R6's level. With a large spark from a tool, the astromech had welded the two links together. B1 stood, patting the droid's dome, before turning towards the door from where they'd came. B1 motioned for the other two droids, and they mechanically and clunkily turned and followed.

As B1 stepped out of the room, he marched down the hall and spotted some members of the crew standing around. B1 halted just at the end of the hallway and stared. "Hello friends, what do you think?"

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]
[member="Dominic Shiro"] [member="Anna Sachae"]

Kahlil paused as he walked off, glancing down to his com curiously. Then over his shoulder to [member="Anna Sachae"] . He chuckles softly before heading back into his ship. He gave an even more curious look to [member="B1-176"] and R6, glancing between the pair of droids before laughing. R6 had made a friend, interesting. The old astromech wasn't known for being the kindest, but perhaps there was something to seeing your own kind.

The younger Jedi nodded his head to B1, grinning. "Looks good, Bee. You'll fit right in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom