Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ACS-604 Variable Warhead Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACS-604 Variable Warhead Series
Image Source: Not Applicable
Intent: To create a neat set of missiles
Development Thread: As Needed
Manufacturer: ArmaTech Combat Systems
Model: Mk1
Affiliation: Mandalorians, Techno Union
Modularity: Yes (Modular Warheads)
Production: Mass

Material: Duraplast, Sensor Equipment, Targeting Equipment, Missile Components
Classification: Warhead
Size: Ship Mounted

Length:
  • Assault: 15 Meters
  • Capital: 6.25 Meters
Weight:
  • Assault: 50 Metric Tons
  • Capital: 1.6 Metric Tons
Ammunition Type: Warhead
Ammunition Capacity: One
Effective Range: Equivalent to Warhead or Assault Warhead

Rate of Fire: Equivalent to Warhead or Assault Warhead
Special Features:
  • Cluster: The Cluster missile breaks open and launchers a set of Nano missiles or starfighter grade missiles
  • Cyclonic: Its primary warhead is a seismic charge instead of conventional explosives
  • Napalm: It a missile packed with Napalm canisters
  • Graviton: The primary warhead is a Gravity Mine, capable of creating small interdiction fields
Description:
Cluster Warhead
The Cluster warhead is simple. Rather than conventional warheads a cluster missile contains numerous smaller missiles that are deployed at close range and are able to independently target enemy fighters or ships. They are deployed with the intention of overloading countermeasures in order to deliver some smaller explosives to a capital ship or Starfighter group where as a single explosive might be easily countered. The standard Capital version contains sixteen small missiles that would normally be found on shoulder fire weapons, whereas the Assault version contains sixteen Starfighter grade missiles. They come in Proton Torpedo and Concussion missile variants.

Napalm Warhead
The Napalm Warhead, a simplistic, atmospheric only, time tested and proven design. It’s a big missile filled with several canisters of a Naplam fuel mixed with an oxidizing agent to make it more difficult to extinguish once ignited as well as burn for extended periods of time. It’s an incendiary so it really only works in atmosphere with oxygen present. The fuel burns at about 1,500 degrees, and clings to just about anything in the effected zone. It will burn for roughly ten minutes without another fuel source present.

In perfect practice the standard variant covers a one hundred meter long cone that is thirty meters at its widest point. The Assault variant contains four times as much fuel and spreads four times the area as the standard, blanketing a two hundred forty meter long cone that is fifty meters at its widest point.

Cyclonic Warhead
The Cyclonic warhead is more complex, used to assault ground based objectives, disrupt fighter swarms, and devastate unshielded ships. The Cyclonic warhead is actually a seismic charge, using a pair of Collapsium gas and liquid Baradium, detonated by a pair of electromagnetic exciter disks to either side of the warhead’s core. Because of this it must operate like a depth charge, going to a preset distance and then detonating the core. Furthermore it features an armed prow casing allowing it to penetrate a planet’s crust to allow it to detonate underground.

This allows it to kick start seismic disturbances, localized earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions assuming there is an active volcano nearby. Due to being detonated below ground, the explosion is significantly smaller, but can cause significant seismic disturbance, depending on the planetoid's crust, able to deal damage to poorly constructed buildings. At most, only slight damage to all other buildings (Roughly a 4.5 Earthquake). Additional missiles are additive to the magnitude of the seismic disturbances. It takes about thirty two missiles to increase this to a 5.5 on the Richter scale, and from there the amount of warheads needed compounds, normally unable to go pass a 6.0 earthquake regardless of the number of warheads used.

In space, the explosion and shock-wave is fairly large, but is linear, as in able to be avoided by flying over or under the outburst of energy, and thus it is most effective against tight groups of larger ships, large swarms of Starfighters, or in asteroid fields and mine fields.

Graviton Warhead
Based off of the Gravity Mine, this warhead operates like a depth charge, being sent to a point in space and activating a localized Gravity Well. It’s a fairly small projector, covering much less space than a gravity well projected by an Immobilizer or Interdictor ship. The Standard variant covers One Thirty Second (1/32) the area the Assault Variant covers One Eighth (1/8) of a single Gravity Well Projector. This creates, small localized gravity wells used for small scale interdiction, not singularities like Dovin Basals. The Gravity Well is only active for Ten minutes, but there is no way to remote deactivate them, so they remain active for those five minutes or until they are destroyed.

*Note* No Orbital Bombardments without Opposition Permission

Primary Source:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gravity_mine
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gravity_mine/Legends
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Void-7_seismic_charge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_77_bomb

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Darth Vulkan"]

Darth Vulkan said:
Cyclonic Warhead
I feel this is a bit much when it comes to its effect on planetary bodies. You are equating its power to a underground nuclear blast more or less. These are generally less than 5 but close. 7 Kt nukes do a little less than 5 Link when detonated underground.

Darth Vulkan said:
Graviton Warhead
Can you add a Time duration for the field. Even interdictor cruisers can only have their projectors up for a certain amount of time.

Reshmar said:
I feel this is a bit much when it comes to its effect on planetary bodies. You are equating its power to a underground nuclear blast more or less.
The Void-7's explosion was characterized by a powerful implosion followed by an expanding energy wave of massive power roughly equivalent to 12 gigatons of TNT, enough to decimate large asteroids in the rings surroundingGeonosis.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Void-7_seismic_charge

Now that 12 gigatons is ridiculous. I can drop what I have somewhat as needed, but my measurements came from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale
5.0–5.9 Moderate VI to VIII Can cause damage of varying severity to poorly constructed buildings. At most, none to slight damage to all other buildings. Felt by everyone. 1,000 to 1,500 per year 6.0–6.9 Strong VII to X Damage to a moderate number of well-built structures in populated areas. Earthquake-resistant structures survive with slight to moderate damage. Poorly designed structures receive moderate to severe damage. Felt in wider areas; up to hundreds of miles/kilometers from the epicenter. Strong to violent shaking in epicentral area.
Its uses are limited in Orbit to ground, as its easier just to drop a Nuke on it if your opposition is willing, but earthquakes are neat. How does 4.5 to 6.0 sound?

Reshmar said:
Can you add a Time duration for the field. Even interdictor cruisers can only have their projectors up for a certain amount of time.
5 Minutes sound Alright?

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Darth Vulkan"]

Darth Vulkan said:
How does 4.5 to 6.0 sound?
That will work since it does stat you cannot use it as orbital bombardment without permission. It was not a big deal I just felt it was a bit extreme.

Darth Vulkan said:
5 Minutes sound Alright?
I was actually thinking 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom