Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Across the Sand

The world of Iridonia was one Jairdain came to when she wanted to get in touch with her more primal side. Here the people were warriors and you needed to be tough to survive. Luckily she was a familiar face in her town. Wearing something of the traditional garb for a Zabrak but it was tailored for her. Wrapping a scarf around her nose and mouth, she was just about to head to her home when a young boy ran up to her.

Speaking in a familiar guttural language, he told her of an apparently lost looking new arrival. Taking her by the hand, he led her back through the town to the small spaceport that was there. Through the Force, she saw him as her guide pointed him out and ran away. Lowering the veil, she openly approached him.

Looking as friendly as a stranger could, she gave him a smile as she walked over to him.

"Hello. Welcome to Iridonia. What brought you here?"

A gust of wind blew past them and threw dust into the air. Pointing to her head, she raised the veil again and motioned for him to follow her.

"If you're going to be spending any amount of time here, you're going to want one of these. Oh! I'm Jairdain."

Sometimes she almost forgot how to properly introduce herself these days. Life for her had been tough lately and her mind just didn't remember everything.

Provided the man followed her, she would take him to a stall in the market and started haggling over a piece of cloth. Once she completed the transaction, she held it out to him.

"Would you like me to help put it on?"

William Bradley William Bradley

Having just arrived from a long space trip he got off the ship to the harsh sands of Iridonia, his hand coming up to protect his eyes as he came off the Midnight Sparkle telling the crew to stay on the ship as he made his way towards what he could only assume was civilization. The sand getting into his mouth and eyes he coughed and sputtered a little, knowing he was clearly drawing at least some attention he let out a soft sigh under his breath.

He soon heard the sounds of feet padding through the sand towards him, he spun towards them peeking out from around his arm he saw a young boy and a woman dressed in a veil of some sort. He felt her presence before her but if he had to notice this he didn't show it.

Dallas noticed as she made her way towards him, making out the words as she talked to her, seeing the effort she put in as she appeared to be welcoming.

"Good day to you m'am. My crew and I are just here on a pit stop and potentially picking up some type of job."

He mentioned as a gust of wind and sand blew over the group as he watched her motion for him to follow, he did reluctantly as they made their way towards the market.

"I can tell it reminds me of plenty of planets I have been on before. I am Dallas it is nice to meet you m'am."

He said letting a gentle nod as his eyes glanced over her as they made their way to the stall. He wasn't always the best with people, but he always made sure he was polite as possible for the fact that it could always land him and his crew a job.

After the transaction was completed he watched as she turned to him and offered to help him with the new attire he would be adding to his lack luster ensemble. He nodded as he lowered his head a little allowing for her to put the cloth on for him.

"If you wouldn't mind that would be very much appreciated."

It was nice to meet another outsider on Iridonia. At one point in time, even Jairdain would have been considered one. Not anymore though, this was almost as much her home as it was the people that were born here. For a moment she thought back on just how she got here and felt a bit of sorrow. Shaking that off, she thought she had moved past that time in her life for good. Yet she always found herself coming back to the desert world.

She wasn't sure what kind of work there might be here and kept quiet about that. Appearing to look forward as they walked together, her focus was on him through the Force. Knowing just how the town was laid out helped her get along without looking where they were going. Unless there were any changes which she didn't think happened, she would be fine.

"What other planets are like this one?"

Though she had been to quite a few different worlds, none of them had been like Iridonia. Then again, the galaxy was full of countless planets and she couldn't visit all of them. Nodding when he provided his name, she stopped at the stall and bought the scarf for Dallas.

Turning around to him she, nodded when he agreed to allow her to place the veil on him properly. Wrapping her arms around the back of his neck, she settled the scarf on him and wrapped the veil around his face. Allowing him a little bit of extra cloth, the ends hung down the front of his shirt.

"There you go."

Giving him a friendly smile, she was silent for a moment.

"The best place to try and find work is most likely the cantina. I highly doubt you'd be interested in helping me with mine. You might not even be able to."

Pointing in the direction of the cantina, she started walking in that direction.

He looked around the planet that lie before him, the eyes of the natives eyeing him as he made his way along with this woman. He had a few suspicions as to why she was doing this, whether it was genuine or not he was still unsure, having lived many a year in this galaxy sometimes a broad with a smile is more like a dagger in the back just waiting to strike.

He shook these thoughts from his mind, he couldn't always let the darkness of the past dictate the actions of the future, and anyway he had changed much since the time of his naive days when a trick such as that would have been stumbled over no easily as a drunk at a cantina. Furthermore, he took her words and actions with kindness appreciating the kind gesture on a world that was not known for such hospitality. Along with his newly gained veil she was making good headway for him, loosening him up a little in the shoulders.

"Tatooine for one especially when it comes to the sand."

He said as another gust of wind sent the dust across their exposed skin like sandpaper. Looking around he knew now why the people that came from here were respected and feared warriors, they grew up on a world that gave the weak no favors, and only the strong would thrive.

He stood silently as he stopped and allowed for the fair woman to help him with his veil feeling her hands move around the fabric to properly around his face and neck he gave her a nod as a thankful gesture.

"Thank you very much m'am."

He watched her as she stood in front of her, the thought clear across her brow before she responded.

"Any job for me and my crew is much appreciated. What is it that you need done? My crew and I are no slouch we don't just move cargo we have a wide range of skills we can provide for credits. But, if there is no job to be found here I will definitely ask around the cantina."

He nodded as he matched the stride of the woman beside him as they made their way to the cantina.

Jairdain Jairdain

Just meeting each other, there was no way for this man to know Jairdain was a Jedi Master. There would have to be a good way to inform him and hopefully not have him running away in fear. She would just have to figure that out. Dallas mentioned Tatooine and she nodded. That was one world she had heard of and should have thought of it before even asking the question. Knowing her luck, he now probably thought she was some sort of idiot.

When he asked what kind of work she did, she was silent for a few moments as she gathered what to say in her mind. Another gust of wind along with the sand came up and provided her the time to come up with a good answer.

"I help with making plants grow, healing the wounded, and even sometimes, telling the future. That doesn't happen very often, however. What kind of work are you looking for?"

The wind died down and she once again resumed the walk to the cantina.

"I think we got lucky. There won't be a storm here today. Maybe tomorrow. Do you have a place to stay while you and your crew are here?"

Staying on a ship was fine but everybody appreciated shore leave. Being confident his crew would like to stretch their legs, she was close to offering them a place to stay. Her home wasn't exactly in town and it might be too far away to be convenient for them.

He could tell something was off about this woman, but he couldn't put a finger on it, the way she lingered on some thoughts was nothing out of the unusual, but he just a had a sense that something was different with her. He didn't make a huge deal out of it as he kind of shrugged in his mind, trying to let go of the mistrust he had learned throughout his life and just trust this woman who has clearly just trying to help a stranger on this harsh world.

He saw her linger as he asked what she did, causing a slight brow to be raised before getting a face full of sand causing him to be disoriented for just long enough for her to compose herself.

"Sounds like you have some real fancy abilities with since. Or magic whatever ones make the people like you I guess."

He said this in more of a joke than actual seriousness, but he wanted to see how she reacted to his apparent off the cuff comment.

"I am glad I wouldn't want a storm to brew before I can start getting us a job to keep us occupied for a while."

He looked over at her as she mentioned a potential storm coming. He continued to follow her thinking about what he should do, knowing that although they love the Midnight Sparkle she could get old sometimes.

"No we currently do not have a place to stay but if there are any accommodations that you know of me and my crew would be very appreciative."

Jairdain Jairdain

The reason for her pause had more to do with the sand and wind coming in. Having to wrap her face with the veil prevented her from speaking right away. Letting out a breath of air from her nose, Jairdain just shook her head slightly.

"You could say that. Are you flirting with me?"

One of his comments indicated that but there were times when it was just a saying. This time she wasn't sure what he meant. Listening to him say he was glad there wouldn't be a storm today, she nodded as she continued on the walk.

"Cleaning up after storms is always something that needs to be done. Depends on how much damage is done."

When he said he and his crew didn't have a place to stay, she looked thoughtful for a moment.

"How many are on your crew? My home is not far out of town but might have enough room for all of you."

It had been destroyed and rebuilt a few times, there was also a barn if the house itself didn't have enough room. Leading him into the cantina, a drink was given to the blind woman.

"What would you like?"

He was asked by the Zabrak behind the bar and she waited on his answer. Motioning to the woman behind the counter, Jairdain introduced them and took a sip of her water.

The sand and win hit his face again as he let out a grunt as he spit onto the sand at his feet. God, how he hated sand, it was so rough and course, and it just got everywhere. It really annoyed the crap out of him. He fixed his veil as he let out a sigh.

"Oh uh, I mean I didn't mean to, but I wouldn't see why I wouldn't, you are a lovely woman."

He stammered a little as he looked at her trying not to offend her or make this conversation weird. He watched her as they walked together, he let his perceptions reach out from himself as he took a deep breath, feeling the sense of people around them, the wind in the air and the sand under his feet.

"Yeah I don't doubt that m'am. Do you live here or do you just come by and visit?"

Dallas would ask as he looked at her as they continued their walk.

"Well there are me and five other of us m'am so it might be a little big for all of us."

As they finally reached the cantina he made his inside with Jairdain Jairdain hearing a voice coming from the bar he looked at the Zabrak and thought for a minute.

"Just some good old-fashioned Corellian ale if you could."

The man said as he stood at the bar next to Jairdain.

Her new acquaintance said he wasn't actually trying to hit on her but then changed slightly and admitted she was a lovely woman. There were times when Jairdain wasn't entirely sure how to accept compliments and blushed just a little. In her mind, it was a good thing she was wearing a scarf and veil over her cheeks. This way he likely wouldn't notice the coloring on her face. The subject was quickly changed and he asked if she lived here.

"A little bit of both. When I was much younger I did live here and the people of this town helped me build my home here. Then I left and returned...repeated that a few times and now I am here again. My house has been rebuilt and restored to what it had been before."

Just those few sentences covered about eighteen years of her life or a little bit more even. Remembering who had brought her here, she silently wondered where the king actually was. Pushing Krest from her mind, she would have to look for him later. Right now, she had other concerns, and helping Dallas and his crew took priority.

"You're right. The house is too small but the barn wouldn't be. At the time I had the house built, it was just for me. So it might have room for one more person but not six others."

Counting him, his crew, and her, that would make seven. Having told him the size, she would leave it up to him if he took her offer or not.

Taking a sip of the water, the drink he ordered was passed over to him.

"Do you have work for six men to help with?"

The Zabrak woman pointed to the far wall where a holoboard was up with a list of jobs available. Setting her empty glass down, she would attempt to take his arm and lead him to the board.

"See anything that catches your interest? If not you can always come with me to help. Totally up to you. I just wouldn't be able to offer much in terms of payment. Room and board are yours."

If he took a good look at her now, he would be able to tell her clothes were well made and tailored for her. Nothing she wore would be considered cheap and she carried herself with a great amount of confidence. Jairdain was nobility and friends with the king here. Not that she had told him this part. An observant person would at least notice the clothing.

PSX_20210122_145612.jpg
Nodding towards the Zabrak bar tender he took his drink into his hand and pressed the cold cup to his lips chugging it down, he was very parched and being in the sand did not help that much either. He looked at Jairden as she explained the situation with her house and the barn. He nodded softly as he pulled the veil down, so his face was clearly visible his eyes looking at her as she spoke.​

Standing up Dallas allowed for her to take his arm as she led him to the holoboard, he glanced at the board. A posting here and there but mostly short-lived work that wouldn't play well for the lot of them. This alloted a sigh from Dallas before he glanced down at Jairden, having purely been listening to her until that point.​

"My apologies to the lovely woman behind the counter but this won't do for a whole crew of men. So I guess I will be of service to you Miss Jairdain."

He said this as he looked at her, not having been as close to her on their trip here he noticed the difference in quality and fit between the others that roamed the streets and the woman standing before him. His eyes catching the subltness of her garments before he looked away, not wishing to be caught staring by his potential future employer.​

"I think I will stay for you and allow for my crew to stay within the Midnight Sparkle, they have every right to leave the ship, so they won't be too annoyed if that's where they have to sleep tonight, if that is okay with you m'am"

A9uKAOa.png

There wasn't much to say until after Dallas had taken a look at the jobs offered. Since Jairdain was blind, she was not able to actually see what was posted. Giving him the time he needed to look them over, she accepted another glass of water and drank that quickly. It wasn't that she was especially thirst but the liquid helped get the dust out of her mouth and keep it moist.

Paying for their drinks, she was good on her word for taking care of his board. When he told the Zabark there really wasn't anything for his crew, she nodded. At first, she thought he was just going to leave but he accepted her offer to help her with her work.

"Perhaps they can find work for themselves. I'm sure they could do something on their own without your supervision."

Smiling when he finished speaking, she nodded.

"That would be wonderful. Can you think of anything you are going to need for your stay? The scarf is already taken care of. I'm not sure if you have additional clothes but those can also be provided if you need more. Is there any type of food you prefer?"

While she had been married, her husband did most of the cooking. On her own, she took care of herself and had her kitchen laid out just how she liked it. As long as nobody came through and messed up the order of her spices, everything was fine.

PSX_20210122_145612.jpg
Dallas looked down at the woman as she led them back over to the bar where she paid for their drinks. He put his hand on hers softly, being polite as she held his arm his eyes following her whilst she talked about anything that he would need during the stay. He pondered this thought for a minute.​

"No m'am I should be perfectly fine with what I have, but I appreciate you being so accommodating."

He said before she asked about any preferred food of his, he rolled over some ideas in his head before shaking them off, he was already accepting this woman's offer of a room to sleep in and food in his stomach, so he decided not to be picky.​

"Anything you have will be perfectly fine with me, M'am I just appreciate your hospitality for just having arrived here."

Dallas gave her a nice warm smile, this woman reminding her of his past, the images flashing in his brain before he shook them out before looking back down at her.​

A9uKAOa.png

Totally understanding his decision to not get any new clothes, she nodded. What surprised her was that he did not want anything special to eat.

"Do you have any known allergies to food then? If you do, I'll just make sure not to include them."

She was being serious in her question but also trying to keep her attitude light and at least a little cheery. Jairdain totally expected him to say he didn't have any and in her mind started making a shopping list she would need before leaving. Having another mouth to feed meant she would need more food.

"I'm not offering you anything more than what another person might. On this world though, hospitality can be hard to find. With me, you'll not have the issue. Do you need to return to your ship and inform your crew? I have some shopping to do. We can meet at the south road unless you can just message them."

The choice had been made and then noticing his hand on hers, she didn't pull away. Pausing for a moment, she just stayed there and gave him the time to decide what he wanted to do. Whichever it was, she would soon move away to complete what she needed to and either walk out of the town with him or wait for him to find her at the gate.

PSX_20210122_145612.jpg
Dallas gave the woman a slight nod as she questioned him on his food allergies, he gave a brief pause as he looked at her not remembering if he had any, which probably meant that he didn't, at least in his head.​
"No m'am whatever you wish to make is more acceptable with me, I appreciate your concern though."

He said meaning what he said, his reservations about someone being kind to him just being some type of ploy being withered away by this woman's hospitality. Looking down at the woman he raised his arm to his mouth and he hit a button on his wrist.​

"Lay there's a cantina in town if any of you boys wanna work, nothing big enough for all of us, I already picked up a gig so do whatever y'all have to do. I'll be staying the night with my employer."

He said over his holo-communicator before turning back to Jairdain Jairdain with a slight nod ready to help her shop, being ever the kind gentleman.​

A9uKAOa.png

When he answered he didn't have any allergies, she nodded. After taking care of the small tag, Jairdain waited while he contacted his crew and when he was finished, led the way out of the cantina. In her mind she made up the shopping list she was going to need for an extra mouth.

Deciding on a few local delicacies and herbs that could only be found here, by the time they were finished, they had about three bags of groceries.

Starting to head out of the town, she stopped. Turning to Dallas, she motioned to a bank of speeders nearby.

"Do you want to borrow one of those or walk back?"

Offering the ride would make the short journey quicker and the decision would be his. Keeping in mind there wasn't going to be a storm this day, the wind and sand might still be annoying. Whichever he decided, it wouldn't take them long to get to her homestead.

For once, the buildings were clean and well kept. The paint might be slightly worn but nothing was falling apart or in disrepair. Pointing to the barn, she took him in there.

"Here are some of the tools I use for my garden."

Taking him inside her house, she set the bags down and started putting the items away. Motioning around, she told him to make himself comfortable.

"Look around if you want. The refresher is down the hall and my room is upstairs. The guest room is next to the refresher. My kitchen, obviously, and the living room. It's just enough for me. Are you hungry now?"

PSX_20210122_145612.jpg
Dallas' eyes watched her as they made their way forwards towards the location of her home, after he had contacted his crew. Her hand still held his arm as they made their way into town, after leaving the confines of the cantina. His eyes continued to glance down at the woman as they walked side by side together. He helped her by taking the groceries from her as they were shopping, his eyes wandering over the different produce that was out for sale as she went to specific items and purchased the items for their meal.​

As they made their way to the edge of town she stopped and pointed towards a bank of speeders, his eyes looked at them weighing in his mind whether he wanted to or not. He decided that they could walk if it wasn't that far.​

"I think we could walk back, it's good for the legs, and if it ain't that far it will save us some credits, which in the state of things I'm more than in need of."

Dallas said as he looked down at Jairdain Jairdain as the continued to make their way towards her place of rest.​

As they made it to her house he noticed how clean and well-kept the place was kept, It wasn't;'t too much of a surprise as he looked at the woman and the way she kept herself, this wasn't too far from a stretch for him to believe. She made her way towards the barn leading him with her as he looked inside with her nodding as she mentioned her tools that she used for her garden.​

When they finally made it inside her home he looked around, helping her with the bags his eyes ever glancing up at her and her movements. He took her advice with a grain of sand. Looking around a little, glancing into the guest room and the refresher before making it into the living room hearing the end of her statement.​

"Yes I am quite famished. If you need any help I'd be more than willing to aid in preparing the meal."
A9uKAOa.png

Accepting the choice he made about walking to her home, along the way, she pointed out various things. As a visitor, he should know the hazards to look out for. Not everything was dangerous but quite a bit was. The road was clear and the walk up to her home.

After getting the items away, she heard his answer and took a few of them out again. Jairdain did not show one hint of irritation at doing this.

"I'll be fine. Would you like something to drink?"

Motioning to a cabinet, the door seemed to open on its own. This was her first display in front of him that she was more than a simple, blind woman. Dallas might not have even noticed her lack of eyesight. Using the Force to see by, she made her way in the Galaxy alone just fine.

Since the spices were placed as she liked them, it brought a pan out and added them before putting the meat in. In a few short minutes, the aromatics of cooking food filled the air. Taking out two plates, she put the dinner on them along with some of the vegetables she had recently harvested from her garden.

Setting them on the table, she walked over to the cabinet to make herself a drink from it. Letting out a sigh after taking a sip, she carried her glass over to the table. Inviting him to sit with her, she took the first bite of their dinner.

"There isn't much more work that can be done today so we can get a start on that tomorrow. What skills do you have?"

PSX_20210122_145612.jpg
He went to the living room as he sat down looking around her house, noticing the details in it as she began to prepare their meal as he helped a little before he had to sit down. Dallas eyes was drawn to hr as she gestures for a drink, seeing the cabinet open without her having to touch it. a row would slightly rise as he watched this happens.​

Is she a force user?....

This thought came into his head as he watched the woman. His eyes following her and her movements closer now as she continued to cook the dinner for them.​

"I will just take some water if that is okay. I appreciate the offer though."

After a short while he smelled the aromas coming from the pan that she was cooking from. The scent coming to his nose as he sniffed it in eagerly his scent filling his head as saliva began to pool in his mouth as he looked over at what Jairdain Jairdain was cooking.​

When she finished up, he stood up with her and made his way to the table with her, taking a glass and just getting some water with her as he sits down across from the woman and began to sip at his drink as she started eating the dinner set before him, only beginning to eat when the woman across had started.​

"I mean I can lift, push, mend, fix, and move anything you need."

Dallas mentioned as he kind of just could do anything that she would need from him, nothing besides expert level skills he could probably help her with.​
A9uKAOa.png

It wasn't that Jairdain considered her opening the cabinet with the Force as showing off. To some, it might seem that way though. Her movement was just something to make life easier for both of them. She could focus on cooking and he could make himself a drink if he wanted. Hearing his answer about wanting nothing more than water, she provided him a glass before making their dinner.

Waiting for him to join her at the table, he waited for her to start eating before taking his first bite.

"The meat is called bukk and is something quite common to eat. However, I haven't actually ever found this off-world. So consider it a delicacy. It's seasoned with just simple salt and pepper."

Listening to him answer the question, she nodded. Nothing out of the ordinary then. That was fine with her.

"Are you any good are gardening? Many families here come to me for help."

If he wasn't, it wasn't a big deal and she could still use his skills. People's houses could use mending and heavy lifting was often needed.

"Tomorrow, I'll let you take a look at my tools in the barn and see if any of them need repairing. Quite often they are in need of some work done. Such is life though. Things wear out, need fixing, or replaced. What do you and your crew normally do?"

PSX_20210122_145612.jpg
Dallas had been an avid user of the force, but that was a lifetime ago, he still used it but more in a pssive sense then he would have been using it before. His senses were always expanded to it's maximum allowing for him to feel around him with the force, allowing for him to not be spooked or suprised when he needed to be cautious. With this he felt for Jairdain Jairdain within the force, to find some sort of hint of whether she was sensitive to it or not.​

He sat there eating the Bukk that was set before her, his eyes paying attention to her as they ate. His hands moving on autopilot as he cut the meat before consuming it. He listened to his words taking it all in.​

"Well it definitely is a wonderful dish, I appreciate you spending your time to prepare it for me. I will have to try and remember to get some if I ever return here."

This he spoke as he continued to consume the meal she had so kindly offered for him, occasionally leaning over and grabbing the glass in front of him sipping at the water that was inside the cup.​

"I'll say I'm not the best gardener in the world, but I won't kill your plants if that's what you need."

This was true, Dallas had only a little experience with gardening, but he knew that unless the item was very particular in how it needed to be tended to, that he would be fine.​

"I'll do it first thing in the morning, a tool that isn't properly taken care of is no tool at all."

A9uKAOa.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom