Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acolyte Tournament

We will be having an Acolyte Tournament. The tournament will be held at different sites (OS Worlds) and the championship held on Prakaith. All current Acolytes are encouraged to participate, but it will not be mandatory. This, of course, will be in PVP fashion. Each participant will start at a different location at the site and work toward finding one another.
The Rules
1. No killing (unless the writer of a PC chooses so). Maiming, broken bones, and bloody wounds are fine.
2. Lightsaber, vibroswords/daggers, and Force Abilities only. No blasters, NPC help, or any other weapons are allowed.
3. Posting Time. I'm aware people have lives outside of this site. To be fair, and I might be to generous with this, you have 72 hours reply to your opponent's post. However, if combat has already been initiated then the time is 24 hours to post after your opponent's last post. In the event the 24/72 hours window has lapsed, a forfeit will be judged and your opponent awarded the win.
4. Achieving Victory/Judging. A tournament judge will be watching the thread closely and is allowed to post if they see something they deem unfair such as metagaming and god-moding. At the conclusion of the thread, there is no clear cut winner, they will review the posts and they along with the OS Admins will decide the winner.
5. No Whining/Arguments in OOC. Each tournament thread will have a OOC thread dedicated to it. It is to be used for communication between the two participants, the judge, and the Admin. If you feel wronged by your opponent and need to vent, PM the judge or a one of the OS Admin. Do not cause drama.
6. Have fun. Remember that is the main focus of the tournament. Having fun.
7. Prizes. The winner and the runner up will be awarded a prize. Yet to be determined.
8. Writing. Everyone has different writing skills. Try to make sense in your posts when dealing with combat situations. Do not write something and expect your opponent to assume he/she understands what you have written. Be clear of your intentions. Use common sense. Don't write 10 different attack scenarios. A good pvper knows how to defend against that and you will only be wasting your time.
If you can abide by these simple rules, please sign up and I will add you to the list. In the event we have an odd number of participants, One lucky Acolyte will either get a first round bye or they get to duel [member="Reverance"] ( :) ). But a bye will be more likely.
If any Knight/Lord wishes to be a judge, please PM me.​
Judges
[member="Vrag"]​
[member="Darth Arcanix"]​
[member="Darth Ferus"]​
[member="Khan Ra"]​
Participants
[member="Yvette Dusong"]​
[member="Vi'kas Mirtis"]​
[member="Sage Bane"]​
[member="Elensa Jari"]​
[member="Zambrano the Hutt"]​
[member="Perla Pirjo"]​
[member="Feral Sapith (K'sara)"]​

I would like to join this, however I have a question: I have yet to create my lightsaber yet, and I've used a non-lightsaber-resistant barbed paralytic poisoned whip. Would I be given a vibroblade/lightsaber at the start of the duel then?

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Darth Venefica"]

I have a kind of neat idea that i'll pitch to you guys. Would you allow me to join this tournament with a NFU NPC provided he is subbed and utilizes only a Melee weapon?

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug

Roger.

Be aware that if you deny me this i will claim that all Sith are fraidy cats and are scared of real fights.

#NFUSuperiority

Prize idea: Some sort of Canon Sith relic/artifact/holocron. Of course someone would either have to go out and find one, or we would need a donor willing to submit their own item as a prize.

[member="Melori Raaf"] A good Acolyte tournament usually uses full lightsabers (to allow for chances of injury/maiming - this being a lesson for the student receiving it!), but you do raise an interesting point with regards to training weapons. That's worth thinking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom