Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Achuta!

Greetings all,

Introduction/About Me
I am a huge star wars fan, although I am sure you get that a lot around here. Watched all the movies, almost done with clone wars series and will start on rebels shortly after. I have read a good bit of the EU, now legends, however I own some of the new canon but staying away until ep 7.

I am a long time RPer, mostly in MMOs with swtor being the prime example, but I also dabbled quite a lot with tabletop (I love Fantasy Flights EotE). However I personally find it rather difficult to really flesh out a character and a story when RPing in tabletop, as you have to follow a story that has been set out for you, which is great don't get me wrong, but as with MMO RP, it lacks that real sense of freedom. In MMOs you're very limited as there are few planets/areas/races to choose from, whereas tabletop is much more varied but you are tied down to focusing on the main plot.

So I ended up taking a long break from it all.

However I've been dying for some good Star Wars RP as of late, especially when reading through some source books I own. So I thought to myself why not check out some RP forums? Did a good old google search, found a few sites but this one seems the most promising to me.

I must admit however, I do feel a bit intimidated. In a way it's rather new to me due to my overly long hiatus as well as never having really tried post-by-post style RPing, and just having quick browse shows how amazing and eloquently detailed every post is.

So I am hoping someone would be kind enough to teach me the ropes so to speak, I wouldn't really call myself a beginner, but neither would I say I'm in the advance stage yet. The private RP forums seem rather interesting, as a smaller close-knit group would be less intimidating and easier to jump in with I suppose?

Questions
I do have a couple questions I would like answered, if someone would be so kind:

1) What is considered canon? Legends, New or Both?
2) Is this forum set to a specific timeline? Do all events that currently take place, occur at a certain time period (i.e. 10 ABY?)

Character Ideas

I've got a few different character ideas in my head, with some depending on the time period and what is considered canon etc.
However I really would like to have a character based in the underworld of the galaxy, so Nar Shaddaa, the lower levels of Coruscant, or the rough and tough parts of Coronet city.
Is there any group that are welcoming new RPers with that sort of theme going on?

End Note
I hope this introduction was sufficient, however if you have any questions that you would like to ask, feel free.

In the meantime I will continue to browse before diving straight in.

™™™™™™™™May the ™™™™™™™™Force™™™™™™™™ be with you.™™™™™™™™

[member="Altair Karal"]

Welcome.

1) What is considered canon? Legends, New or Both? - it's a fairly free mix of all IMHO

2) Is this forum set to a specific timeline? Do all events that currently take place, occur at a certain time period (i.e. 10 ABY?) - we're currently post 844 ABY, which was the last time-check six months ago

:)

Darth Atrox

D
We've all felt intimidated, take me for example, I didn't RP for about three weeks after joining because I was like: :O

Anyway, welcome to SWRP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom