Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACA Aftermath (All Business Owners)

The galaxy has passed through a time of turmoil. Thousands disappeared in an instant, and as the ones who made it home were broken, damaged from the experience. But life back home was no cakewalk either. With thousands missing, daily life broke down, and things started to settle down. Companies replaced missing employees as best they could, blue collar jobs disappearing as droids and automation took them. But the galaxy won't stay small ever.

As people come back, they've lost jobs, lost loved ones in the chaos. Some companies were hit harder, and shut down. Others have less of a need for the organic workers, and are automating all systems. All the jobs left require an education the poor folk can't afford.

As unemployment skyrockets and the government reals from the disaster, whispers of dissension spread throughout the systems. There's trouble in the winds, and the fate of the Abrion Corporate Alliance is in the balance. Will it stand? Is this the end of the former Confederacy?

Only time will tell.

What is This?
Over at the ACA, we're planning a sort of fallout thread for the Event. As the faction has become a collection of companies, a financial crisis seemed like a good idea.

The plan is that the days after the rapture, when people tried to get used to the new world, any company position that could be filled by a droid was. As people return, they lost jobs, and the only means of employment left require a college education. And who an afford that without being able to have a job to pay for tuition.

Despair sets in, and crime rates skyrocket. Disenchanted, people gather against the social order, hoping for a better life. Bothuwai is in full riots, as the Bothan people try and claim it for themselves. Tatooine becomes even more lawless, as the fragile peace between criminals, companies, and the locals shatters once again. Peacefull marches on Naboo and Onderon begin, but unrest may turn them into something worse. Kamino and Arkania secretly begin new projects, hoping to gain from the unrest more power and prestige.

The Outer Rim worlds under the control of the Techno Union whisper of rebellion, as government crackdowns stir up more resentment. It's only a matter of time before the ACA erupts. No one knows the outcome.

Why Should I Care?
For many PCs, this won't be much of an issue. However, for company owners, especially those with interests in ACA space, this is a good chance to RP out aftermaths. Who knows, this could grow your company to a new level. Either way, if you think this is a good idea and want to be a part, pitch in, have fun, and see where you end up.

Credit to [member="Marek Starchaser"] for helping come up with this.

Barkt Melan said:
Peacefull marches on Naboo and Onderon begin, but unrest may turn them into something worse.

Neither of these planets are in ACA space, or ever belonged to the CIS for that matter. Naboo is OP territory, Onderon is the Republic capital. Just pointing that out. Not that I'd mind unrest on either world. :)

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
I thought the number of gamblers were getting low. Figured those 'call if you have a problem' numbers were getting the best of me.

I'm excited to get this moving.

For the record OOC I know everyone's intentions are good, but Raziel doesn't and is incredibly paranoid :)

Won't get into any real mischief IC until someone else misbehaves!

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom