Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech AC-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
3d-render-rapidfire-machine-gun-450w-1157484697.jpg
stock-photo--d-render-of-a-rapid-fire-machine-gun-1163584096.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Rotary Blaster
  • Size: Very Large
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: MFCR-200 Power Generator
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Large - 800 shots per Power Generator
  • Reload Speed: N/A
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Extreme
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Computer interface integration for the MAPS
  • Twice the Rate of Fire of a standard Z-6 Rotary Blaster.
  • Durasteel encased Power cable that interfaces with a Power Generator.
Strengths:
  • Dakka Dakka: This weapon has twice the firing rate of a Z-6 Rotary blaster due to this weapon being two Z-6 Rotary blasters connected to each other.
  • Accuracy By Volume: This weapon puts out so many blaster bolts that it usually hits its target(s) just by pointing in their vicinity.
  • Shredder: This weapon not only has an insane rate of fire, but its blaster shots are highly damaging in their own right.
Weaknesses:
  • Specialized: This weapon can only be used with the MAPS.
  • Mooch: This weapon does not have any native ammunition capacity and must be connected to a power generator in order to fire.
  • Super-heavy: This weapon is extremely heavy due to the nature of its design.
  • High Recoil: This weapon, even when attached to a MAPS, has such high recoil that Computer Targeting Assistance is required in order to put bolts down range without muzzle walk causing the user to shoot at the sky.
DESCRIPTION

The AC-12 (Annihilator Cannon-12 Barrels) is quite literally two Z-6 Rotary Cannons stacked on top of each other and modified in order to feed directly from a Power Generator, respond to the same trigger pull, and interface onto the weapon mounting system of the MAPS. This weapon's primary use is for anti-Infantry and anti-vehicle (light & medium). Due to the extreme rate of fire even though the AC-12 has incredible weight and is designed to mount on the MAPS, if the MAPS' Power Generators are destroyed then this weapon cannot fire or even spin up. Each one of these behemoth weapons requires their own power generator unit. Due to the rotating barrels the AC-12 can maintain its firing for extended amounts of time without melting the barrels.

Last edited:
[member="Valdus Bral"],

Valdus Bral said:
Intent: (Example: 'A personal weapon for Darth Scabious' or 'an advanced armored personnel carrier for the Republic')
Your intent is not quite filled out.

Valdus Bral said:
Production: Limited (MAPS combat unit & Valdus Bral)
The link to MAPS is incorrect. It's Current link is to the Durasteel Wiki.

Valdus Bral said:
Ammunition Capacity: No native Ammunition Capacity - must feed from a Power Generator
I know a Power Generator can supply quite a bit of energy for weapons, but give me some idea of how much a backbag sized generator upon the back, would allow?

After we get those done, then I will have a second round for you.

Valdus Bral

[member="Auberon"]

The MAPS has 2 generators, as each unit of the AC-12 would feed off a dedicated generator I would say 1000. It's hard to tell as the MAPS, as of the current iteration that is still pending approval, uses Molecular Shielding in order to supply more energy for the powersuit and weapons.

I've fixed the intent, "not quite filled out" was a generous comment.

Round 2?

Valdus Bral

The MAPS has two of these in a back mounted shell. As this weapon would be used exclusively with the MAPS and I have no intention of changing the power generators, I think 1000 shots per "medium fusion generator" is in line with reason. The standard Z-6 without a power generator is 200 shots. I would be willing to drop that down to 800 shots per generator if 1000 is too much.

[member="Valdus Bral"], Lets go with 800 shots for now.

If you want to make a MK II of this weapon after some time, or made specifically designed designated packs for this, then I can agree with the 1000 rounds.

Sound fair?

Valdus Bral

[member="Auberon"]

Sounds fair to me. I was also checking around and I found the Class-4T3 Power Generator , which the MAPs is large enough that I could put two on the back within the shell. Since it also has mention of working for up to an hour at full capacity without overheating, I think it would not only increase the ammo capacity of the heavy weapons on the MAPS but also give the MAPS another balancing factor.

Edit: The balancing factor is that previously, with the Medium Fusion Power Generators, there isn't an "overheating" factor for the generators. By utilizing the Class-4T3 generators, the MAPS weapons can overheat or be depleted independently of the MAPS itself.

[member="Valdus Bral"], That is fine for this current weapon.

However, as I am not going over the MAPS submission, someone else is, you will have to bring that up with them.

As far as I am aware, this gun should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom