Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abolish the Senate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Hey all. So the activity for the Senate has waned once again. We had recently gained a new one, but there is no interaction for her with the other Senators as of yet. The skirmish of Yutan got the attention of only two, when everyone was contacted for it. I was going to call for an emergency session after the Incursion thread finished, due to what had happened in it, yet I'm unsure that orhers would respond to it. I can understand that you all have alts that are busy with the invasions and other activities with the other factions and then there's life too.

But here's what I want to know...Should I abolish the Senate and just have those members represent their worlds as Councilmen instead? Or did you all want me to keep pushing at it?

I need your imput please.

Unfortunately things have slowed on a number of fronts and I'm having to agree that we need to take another look and re-evaluate where things stand for the Commenor Systems Alliance. While the Senate was looking to be promising, as [member="Lady Kay"] has said, it's stalled considerably and I guess we're having to question what might be best for the CSA moving forward.

giphy.gif

There are a number of options on the table outside of typical dominions and taking part in skirmishes and the like. Namely it's been my suggestion that we return to being a Confederacy where we are led by the ruling monarchy (in this case that would be Kay and myself) with a government under us made up of representatives of every world, yet would give the head of the faction the IC leadership it requires to move in whatever direction seems to work for us.

Personally I've never been one for playing a politician and with the Jedi on the side, what this would look like would be similar to that of how we started out with Commenor. Kay making all the moves IC politically with her people backing her while I'm helping/continuing to work the OOC end of things.

If we were to continue with the Senate however, we need to see more activity and support from members of the senate getting involved and wanting to contribute to the factions government. The Charter itself was made by Kay and Vengeance who has recently departed, perhaps things need a second glance there by some of our senators should we continue as is or otherwise we can look at simplifying things as they used to be.

Do let us know, weigh in on this one as if we're not given feedback, we'll be left with having to make the decision ourselves which unfortunately is like flying blind knowing not who we're going to be working for or against in terms of faction goals and personal preference.

I haven't been in the CSA for long, and there's not much of a chance that I would play a part in the political side of things outside of a supporting role, but I like the ideas presented above. If every system has a "regional governor" or something of the sort, there could still be the political intrigue and such, but if a decision needs to be made, it only needs to be made by one person. The governors can have influence and say, but at the end of the day, it's the head of state that makes the decision. The governors could make rules and regulations for their own systems and manage their own economies, as long as it doesn't go against the federal laws of the larger CSA.

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Run it like a federation.

EAch representative of the planet's people would have some say and be able to provide input, leaving it very open ended as to how they provide their own choice political intrigue, yet ICly the faction can actually push forward with whatever stories the board throws at us.

Each planet would be on their own terms internally as well, provided they don't break CSA overarching rules (which quite honestly don't need to be that numerous).

Essentially have the head of the CSA be in control. What they say goes, really, in character.

Each planet gets a representative that has the authority to speak on their behalf to petition other representatives and the head of state for whatever they need, providing people who want to be 'senator' types a way to create stories around it, without needing five non active people to all agree to it.

Internally on each planet they keep their government and obey their own laws in adittion to CSA laws (such as, i imagine, an anti slavery law, federal tax, etc.). This prevents the CSA from necessarily becoming a totalitarian state. Reps and Kay and what not can discuss what these CSA laws would be but hey, I'm here to fill a quota.

Kay-Larr

[member="Elaine Thul"]

This wouldn't be happening right away. I want to give people time to have their say first. I want to know what would draw their interest.

[member="Natalie LaForte"] | [member="Lady Kay"]

Similar to a Confederacy, which was how we were running before the change; headed by Commenor.

This is what I feel would be best, given the current state of things.

We can then refocus our efforts towards finishing our current dominion and looking at others. The Senate was a good idea, I was one of the ones that pushed for it but it just seems to have stalled and the political characters that are involved appear distant from Faction happenings, sadly.

It's not just the CSA however, I'm seeing it with other factions too...

Kay-Larr

Alright. That seems to be what the majority have suggested. So we'll work on that. Can still keep parts of the Charter and edit the rest.

Thanks for everyone's imput that cared to express it here and in PM's. I just didn't want to do anything without giving others a chance to have their say first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom