Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ability To View Character List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally believe that the ability to view someone's character list should be purely a staff thing. I would love to be able to have a second character that I wouldn't have to worry about the potential of people who've had bad incidents with this character, to suddenly have an interest in the new character.

Besides, this should be purely role-play and each character really should be treated like different individuals.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Not happening.

Much of us have come from boards where this is the norm and frankly, the environment is terrible. Absolutely terrible. You could still figure out the alts anyway via signature style, commonly used phrases and a host of other things.

Plus, a lot of features on the site hinge on Unique Writers. Easiest way for a procedure to get enforced is if the community can enforce it to the letter. Otherwise, a lot more things would rely on the volunteer staff - taking away time they could spend doing other things.

There are also plenty of other benefits to public character lists - primarily in knowing what characters a Writer one may be fond of is writing in order to write more with them! Or if one is pessimistic, a character list allows one to know which accounts to avoid if one dislikes a Writer.

If nothing else, a character list allows people to see the variety of characters out there - perhaps old ones you missed the biography for, or up and coming ones. I personally like to find a writer's more obscure characters and see if I can't find a way to write with them!

Sarge Potteiger said:
You could still figure out the alts anyway via signature style, commonly used phrases and a host of other things.
Lol soo true.

[member="Darth Carolus"] what you suggest is thoughtful but I dont think it would work 100%. I know I like the fact I can go and see what other characters a fellow writer has under his account. Its cool to see familiar faces and say " Ohh I didn't know you wrote him/her. Cool!" Brings that to the table in my opinion.

[member="Darth Carolus"]

I personally don't tend to look at the lists. It ruins the illusion when I do.

I would say something like try not to create incidents but sometimes words are skewed and people get upset at you for how you say a certain thing(I was there once. Almost quit over it.) Best thing to do is apologize if you are at fault or avoid if they decide to have a vendetta and be hateful. Report button is also your friend incase of harassment. :)

[member="Darth Carolus"]
It's not a bad suggestion. It's not being shot down for a laugh, but because this was one of the biggest issues at the start of this board.

As [member="Sarge Potteiger"] says, many of us (probably 1/3 of this board) came from a place where alts were hidden by ludicrously oppressive rules. It created so many problems that in the end we didn't want that here.

Furthermore, the way the site runs, the writer/character system is an ingenious way of allowing sub-accounts without having to log in and out just to post a different character.

The system is there, but by no means must you look at alts if you don't want to.

Well, I surrender. I see the many reasons to have it the way it is, I just have a want to create a new character and do not want the people who I clash with as this character, to hit with the other. Ah well, selfish reason. Could this get archived, or however you do this?

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom