Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writer A year of fun, a year of Goidels.

Saw these feedback,"One year on" posts, and figured I'd weigh in with one of my own.

Before Erskine, not much in the way of muse or drive, too finite as a creative resource - not happening for me anywhere near enough either.

Until I made what i thought would be a meme character to get used to the site with, even made him like an old Scottish boomer to ramp up the meme-worthiness, ramping up the accent stuff to really make it shitposty - but then I got ambitious. People started complementing the bloody GIMMICK, telling me to lean into the scottish thing because i was onto something - something i didn't even know I had at the time.

But then, as i'm known to do when i spend enough time around something, i ended up quite invested in the future of Lord Erskine. the rest of that story, i'm sure, requires no explanation.

long story short, if it wasn't for the NIO and the other great writers I interacted well with IC and OOC, I doubt I'd be so happy creatively.
I've grown as a writer because of this site
gotten into graphics and the likes in a time when i was content sketching fantasy-cartography on paper
tried out strategic and narrative ideas that would otherwise have gone on completely ignored as "Not needed" or something
my workload has only increased exponentially since the dark days of occasional high wordcounts
learned from writers with infinitely more experience

EDIT (05/12/2021) - also started learning the old mother-language of my people lol. how could i have forgotten that, man?

to say I'm grateful for the experience so far might just be the understatement of the century. without the folks I interact with, I dare say another jaded ambition in life could have gone up in flames. some driving factors are just external in this context, I mean - seeing it in others can really be a big spurring moment for me each time, makes me want to match their pace or learn to reach at least some level that resembles that of the giants' shoulders i feel i sit on at times :)

I suppose my muse can be weird this way.
Anyways, enough ramble

thanks. You're all much more helpful than you think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom