Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Wrong Day's Journey Into Right

It was one those lovely days, that gave an appearance out an illusion that nothing could possibly go wrong. Satara of course knew better, as she lead the young Initiates into unmarked territory, accompanied by her rancor Nadie, their herd mother. More so than not the young Witches trained on their territory to ensure their safety. But from time to time, it was necessary for them to step out of their safe haven and to see the rest of the planet. They were of course too inexperienced to be taken behind enemy lines. Her Aunts did that to her often during her training. They would bringing into Nightsister territory and leave her there for hours alone. Each and every event was scary, Satara never knew what to expect. More than once her life could have ended then and there, at the hands of the Nightsisters.

She learned from that. No student of hers was allowed to step into dangerous territories until they were ready. Of course, there were always those that went on their own. That she could not influence. She could just teach the to be careful, to train, to be able to protect themselves. Nadie roared at her side and she turned to her, offering a smile to the herd mother.

Finally stopping, one blue and one green eyes scanned the are to make sure there were no markings of other clans. None were in sight. Didn't mean they would be alone of course. "We'll stop here," the Clan Mother finally said and looked at the small group that accompanied her. They'd be able to learn here for a while. Before she moved onto that though, Satara looked at all of the initiates, giving them a bit to rest before they would begin.

@[member="Alarah Dei"] @[member="Elayne Hawk"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Bronwyn"] @[member="Taleen"]

Elayne was estatic to say the least, an trip.. outside their territory, that was one rule she followed mainly because of the fact her dreams still haunted her. She of course couldn't act quite like she wanted to, others were in attendance. She smiled and took a seat on a stump, She was curious as to what they would do. She looked at the others with interest but wanted to walk up to her Ina but decided against it. It was time to train after all.

Alarah Dei

A
Although most of Dathomir was made up of unmarked territory, there was usually a good reason for that, Alarah reflected as she followed the Clan Mother's instructions, coming to a stop with the rest of the group. She didn't feel nearly as unnerved as some of the others about stepping away from their home and heading into the unknown - the brunette did that more often than not anyway. That's my role, my purpose, she affirmed silently, looking around at this place that, even to her, felt unfamiliar. But that's why we're here, isn't it? Even so, she couldn't help but wonder at why they'd decided to stop here. That, however, was up to the Clan Mother.

Unshouldering her pack, Alarah placed it quietly against the ground, putting her long spear down next to it, not bothering to unfasten it yet to remove water or some of the long-lasting trail bread that she usually took with her whenever she felt likely to be away from the Clan's home for more than a day or two. We don't even know how long we'll be stopping for, she thought, though the Clan Mother had said that they would be going forth for training purposes. Being out in the wild is an education all by itself anyway, or so she tended to think, given that the jungles were where she most often did her learning. Usually dodging a predator or watching out for something nastier...

"Are you sure we should be stopping here, Clan Mother?", she asked softly, eyeing the elder's Rancor with a mixture of distaste and slight concern, knowing how even the domesticated versions could be violent if directed to be so. Over-sized and not the least bit subtle, she thought uneasily, though she was used to the wretched things, even if she would never use one herself. Hard to stay quiet and hidden with one of those around, the woman noted. "I'm not familiar with this spot, and it's not marked, so it might not be the safest place for us to work," the witch added.

Bronwyn Tyr

@}-',--BeautifulDisaster--,'-{@
Being self banished from your clan had its disadvantages and advantages. Disadvantage was she was but a lonely number, advantage was being able to move about undetected and explore till you saw fit. Doing just so, Bronwyn found herself on a higher elevation than those whom had decided to stop and make camp. She had been tracking a rancor throughout the lush forests by following its massive form through the trees from her vantage point. It was a curious thing, most rancors were more wild and fierce, this one seemed more or less calm and tame. Perhaps, given the proper amount of time and care, she may be able to train it for her pet. She'd seen it done growing up in the Dreaming River clan, how hard could it be ? Or even better yet, perhaps it was trained already and had gotten loose. Either way, it had stopped and hadn't moved in quite some time. Something was off about the whole situation. She knew she had to get a better look.

It didn't take her long to reach the floor level of the forest. As she continued to make her way closer to the last known spot of the rancor, she paused suddenly and silently sank into the thick vegetation as she heard voices. Not knowing what, who, or how many, she decided it would be safer to keep her distance until she knew more.

Onith Trill

O
As Taleen prowled through her territory, she felt anger. Why had her Clan Mother called her back? She had much more important things out in the stars rather than comeback here. Still, the Matriarch was the most powerful witch she had ever seen, on this planet or any other. She would do well to heed her words. Taleen's demon was back at the ship, so she was out alone prowling for 'something interesting' as the Matriarch put it. Taleen began to hear a rancor with her magic-enhanced hearing, and it was coming from out of Nightsister Territory rather than from in. Someone was not where they were supposed to be. She continued on and found a rancor, a few of the Singing Mountains, and oddly enough, a lone witch watching them from the outside. She was no Nightsister that Taleen recognized, but she could tell from the look of her she was born to be a Nightsister. Using shadow magic, Taleen hid her voice, her steps, and even her breath from detection, slowly creeping along undetected until she was a short distance from the witch. Taleen had her spear ready, but did not look as if she were going to attack the woman.

"Who's tribe did you belong to?" Taleen broke the silence, quietly whispering, and focusing on the witches belonging to a tribe being from the past.

@[member="Bronwyn"] Tyr

Satara glanced at the Witches at her side before she heard one of the Initiates speak to her. Should they be stopping here? Alarah was unfamiliar with the spot and didn't think it being the safest place.

"Which is exactly why we are stopping, Alarah," the Clan Mother told her. "When I was young, my tutors would bring me into Nightsister territory and leave me there to survive. On my skin, I learned just how dangerous it is for Initiates to be put in such positions. But it is still important for you all to be outside our own lines, to experience it so think of this as the less frightening option." She explained. What Satara had been through herself, she wished on no youngling but being away from safe areas was still important. This was their planet, one they shared with other clans. They couldn't spent their lives on their own territory. "But don't worry, it's also why I brought Nadie with us. If necessary, she will protect you."

Even the words she offered, Satara kept her connection to the Force open, her Sense at high alert. And for a moment, she felt a weak presence in the distance. not too powerful and not something she should truly worry about something, someone seemed to be not too far. Deciding that it was no major threat on the clan initiates, Satara said nothing of her findings. If the girls felt it herself, they would tell her. If presence approached them before, they would interact with it. But right now, Satara merely kept herself prepared for any unexpected visitors.

@[member="Elayne Hawk"] @[member="Alarah Dei"] @[member="Bronwyn"] @[member="Taleen"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"]

Bronwyn Tyr

Before she could act, she had felt a slight witchy sense tingling and warm breath on her neck. The question presented itself and she responded quickly in a whisper without thinking. "Dreaming River ... well I did ... but they just ..." She calmed herself, "who are you again?" She asked, still a little perturbed from being snuck up on. She wasn't in any immediate danger or the Nightsister would have surely just offed her then and there. She also made a mental note of her spear. Then she realized she didn't have a weapon. Why didn't she have one ?!

@[member="Taleen"]

Onith Trill

O
"I am Taleen of the Nightsisters." Taleen began, still in a hushed tone as she could she the former Dreaming River witch was trying to be stealthy. It wouldn't help if her targets were using a spell of hearing, but it helped to play along. "Like you, I once belonged to a River Clan, but I felt such a place restricting. Not able to grasp true power. Condemning of the more unorthodox magics." Taleen continued.

"I suspect you may have similar origins. You look like a woman not boung by such foolishness. Might I assist you in dealing with your guests?" Taleen continued, not pushing Nightsisterhood on her just yet, but showing an open mind and a helping hand.

@[member="Bronwyn"]

Elayne did what she had been practicing since a while ago, She reached out into the surroundings trying to sense the life around them, she felt her Ina, and the other witches, but she felt something... something else She walked over to her Ina and whispered to her. " Ina... I feel that we are not alone... I don't know what... but I just know there is more life than us around here. " She said, worry over her face, she didn't want to be hurt. Elayne looked to her Ina for guidance in this matter, as she stood there curious as to what it could be, she was so good at identifying stuff yet... she just knew what she felt was unfamiliar.

Alarah Dei

A
Alarah nodded in response to the Clan Mother's words, though she spent more than enough time away from the Singing Mountain to no longer have any particular fear of just being out there. What worried her here was the simple lack of any indication that it was ever used by one of the other clans - and, in her experience, that meant there was probably something poisonous, dangerous or otherwise bad likely to happen. Probably stumbled into the middle of a Rancor's Pack Territory, she mused, wondering at why she felt so ill at ease, despite the Clan Mother's reassurances. That ought to be enough.

She still wasn't entirely sure what they were doing here in the first place - that was the bit that bothered her more than merely their location. Part of her felt like she ought to move a little away from their camp and scout around, see if there were any other threats in the area that the Witches needed to learn of. I'm sure the Clan Mother knows what she's doing, but it never hurts to be prepared, the brunette thought, but it wasn't likely that the older woman wanted any of them straying away from the area. After all, we have a Rancor to protect us, Alarah thought sarcastically. She trusted Rancors about as much as she trusted Offworlders.

"What was it like, spending all that time in Nightsister territory, Clan Mother?", Alarah asked, turning her mind away from her reservations and giving some thought to what the other woman had said. They all knew that Nightsisters were dangerous and not to be trusted, all having dabbled into magics which were forbidden to the sisters. And these are the ones who survived their exiles, which makes them more dangerous still. She had little doubt that any Witch spending time in their territory faced death. Or far worse. "Did you ever get tangled up in dealing with them?", she asked, a note of contempt in her voice.

Viho Hawk

V
Shadowing along the group of little Witches, and his cousin, was the Warrior Chief. He called himself that, well actually that was Maiara, because he had grown up without actually being a part of any clan. His own name had meant next to nothing because his mother denied his very existence which left him with nothing but himself to survive. That was a tough task, to say the least. There were a lot of dangers on Dathomir. Surviving alone built skills.

He limped his way along quickly enough, though another warrior could easily outpace his walking step. At a run his limp would more or less disappear, but he wasn't running, he was walking. There was no need for rushing into things, especially when you had invited yourself along to keep the women safe. Or, at least, that's what he told himself he was doing.

Taking a deep breath, he leaned against a tree not far from the group of women, and visible if anyone was looking in his direction. Dressed in his usual leather garb, he had a shield strapped to his back and a battle axe in his hand. Just in case.

Bronwyn Tyr

"Dealing with ... oh, no, I'm not here for ... I'm not here to take out our fellow witches. I'm here for that." Bronwyn whispered to Taleen. As she did, she pushed back part of a branch to reveal the rancor with them. She let the leaves fall back slowly as if they had just swayed from a breeze. As they were falling back, a face had appeared between the brush that she recognized. It was Elayne Hawk, her friend she had met on the plains. That would only mean that the rancor was her "sister". The thought of that still made her giggle. She focused back on the nightsiser. "Your words though, they move me. I have, too, felt true power, and it was liberating." Bronwyn spoke passionately, yet still in a soft whisper. The remembrance of it all gave her a warming chill down her spine.

@[member="Taleen"]

Satara turned to her daughter as she heard her whispering. Elayne felt they weren't alone. Even though she didn't know what, she could feel it. Satara nodded to her. "Aye, hi'ja. We are not alone," she merely told her quietly. She still didn't want to do anything on it, act out on an impulse.

The voice of the other young Witch made her turn back to her. What was it like being on Nightsister territory? "Terrifying," the Clan Mother answered truthfully. It literally was. She was so young, too young to be placed in such danger. Often when she rememebred that time, Satara thanked the heavens for being alive today. Did she ever get tangled up in dealing with them, Alarah asked her then. The girl was clearly curious about her experience. "I did. Thankfully, I never met any of the high ranking Nightsisters. I actually met my first rancor there. She was a you pup at the time." Nadie was young, very young compared to Satara. And she wasn't the first rancor she had. BUt it was also in Nightsister territory that she bonded with her first one.

@[member="Elayne Hawk"] @[member="Alarah Dei"] @[member="Viho Hawk"] @[member="Taleen"] @[member="Bronwyn"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Kytarra Hawk"] @[member="Inara Ka"] @[member="Petra Cavataio"] @[member="Apollymi Djo"] @[member="Pai Ling"]

Viho Hawk

V
After taking a moment to catch his breath, and look around them as any proper warrior would do, he began to limp into the camp. Darn witches moved so fast they'd nearly run him into the ground. He really wasn't built for this running and walking amongst the forest anymore. Running would actually have been better. When he ran, his limp sort of went away.

"You all move too fast."

Wandering into the camp, he plopped down on a log, resting his axe across his leg as he eyed them all.

"Going around here without me. Sheesh."

Petra was wandering with a couple nightsisters that she gain as followers. They were hunting and training as she was going to use them to win others over. The old witch had a flavor of what the issue was with in the Nightsisters. She wanted to handle it before other clans got wind of the true issue. The unification did give the current Clan Mother of Nightsisters more room to move and it was something that Petra wanted to end.

Their travels placed the three in between two groups it seemed. The elder witch sent the two to split up and watch the two groups. For Petra, she remained in place and chanted. Her words left her in a whisper like a light breeze. “Dammi la vista oltre i miei occhi…” She was focusing the power of the force to see through the witches she sent out. “Io ordino la forza di vedere attraverso i servitori che servono la mia volontà. Dammi vista ora.”

Then Petra observed the groups through her Nightsisters.

@[member="Elayne Hawk"] @[member="Alarah Dei"] @[member="Viho Hawk"] @[member="Taleen"] @[member="Bronwyn"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Kytarra Hawk"] @[member="Inara Ka"] @Petra Cavataio @[member="Apollymi Djo"] @[member="Pai Ling"]

Her head turned to Viho for a moment and smiled. "Nice of you to catch up with us, cousin." Her attention quickly turned to the rest. "Tell me, girls, what do you see or feel here. Use your senses and spells." The Ma'tra already knew they were not alone by now but she needed the students to discover it as well. It was the only way they could learn.

@[member="Viho Hawk"] @[member="Elayne Hawk"] @[member="Petra Cavataio"] @[member="Taleen"] @[member="Bronwyn"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Kytarra Hawk"] @[member="Inara Ka"] @[member="Apollymi Djo"] @[member="Pai Ling"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom