Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Witch and a Sith walk into the Forest of Averlorn. (PM to join)

Mythos had called Midvinter a home away from home for what seemed like too long, but here was where Kida was tucked away and where he could conduct archaeological expeditions. So far Midvinter had proven... difficult to excavate to say the least. It wasn't that his equipment wasn't working, Midvinter just functioned differently when it came to archaeology and treasure hunting in general than other planets. Whereas you would dig a hole and conduct regular surveying and searching like any regular place here in Midvinter one must journey into the forest or crypt where certain peril was sure to lurk.

Not far from the great capital in Valkyr terms, in the cliffs Mythos had his home but this is not where he was this day. Thrice had he dared to enter this place where even the Valkyr themselves knew little about. Thrice he had tried before this day and thrice he had failed, chased out by some unseen force from this forest as soon as he was within as certain invisible threshold these beings called a territory. He had tried everything in his disposal but it was if the trees themselves watched him, saw through him and judged him.

This was so jarring to Mythos that for years he never attempted to enter, that was until he had access to connections inside the Confederacy and found a witch. That may not seem like much of a statement to anyone, even the well trained in the force, but a witch... rare as they come, was the only thing that perhaps could help him pass the veil of the forest. The witch could even take them both through, at least that was the idea.

The trek there was uneventful but Mythos considered every chance to be in Midvinter another chance to unlock this lands many secrets plus he had good relations with the natives. The closer he got to the destination however, the less familiar faces he saw until he arrived at the ridge he camped thrice before to oversee the forest. This might be a very bad idea but if the legends of the lake were true, he had no choice.

"Are you ready Umaii? That is where i could go no further." Mythos said, pointing at the forest with the tip of his Rudis blade. The witch was, in his eyes, no master or experienced warrior but he did not need her to be, He was the only warrior needed here.

[member="Umai"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Valgærd

For how long can you hold a witch under your thumb?

A couple of weeks, as it turns out. Diligently I had returned to the tower of [member="William the Bloody"]. I had done as he asked, went where he told me to. I had... gone to his bed, even, when he'd commanded. Everything he'd required of me, I had given. But then it had been enough. It was [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] who first awakened my rebellion. She saw something in me, something... powerful. Would my mother have done what I did for the reasons I did it? So... I had left. I found one of the secrets he had about my mother and I'd run with it.

"Find the sting of the frozen lake"
What that had meant, I still was yet to find out. My search had ultimately let me to @Mythos. At first, I was hesitant. He was Sith, after all. But it seemed that the force itself wished us to work together, as it turned out he'd needed me as much as I him. Besides, the Jedi were equally wary of me, and I wasn't so bad was I? No, I wouldn't be like them. So we'd teamed up, a parnership of sorts; my magic in exchange for his knowledge. Perhaps we'd find out between us what was meant by this "sting" or the "frozen lake".

So here we were, standing at the precipice of a forest. I'd worn the cloak I'd practically sold myself to William for. While I hadn't yet let Mythos in on its more impressive tricks, the fabric was temperate and kept me comfortable. Beneath the folds of the ebony shroud, my fingers twirled the ring on my finger. I hoped sincerely I wouldn't need it. While yes, I had practiced using it a few times in the quiet moments available, it was still an exceedingly bizarre and uncomfortable experience, one I was not in a hurry to repeat. Still... I'd rather have the ring and not need it, than need it and not have it.

I turned to Mythos, giving him a slight nod as I drew in a breath and let it out in a steady sigh.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I replied.

This was where I earned my keep, where I showed the Sith whether or not I was worthy of his knowledge and help. He was the warrior, the protector... but I was the witch. It fell upon my shoulders to get us further into the forest. Mother's tome was, as ever, clipped to my belt. I took a few steps towards the trees, closing my eyes and reached out with my magic. I had no idea what I was going to find, what awaited us within those trees. For now, all seemed quiet. I turned back to the Sith, extending my hand as inviting him to step over some invisible threshold.

"I hope you're prepared for whatever we may face."

I cringed internally, no doubt my cheeks were flushed right now. That was meant to be my apology. I wasn't only talking about whatever we might face in the forest... but if William decided to come after me... or even worse, I'd begun to have dreams, that some dark shadow that had enveloped my mother was looking at me. It probably meant nothing, just the disjointed dreams of a twisted girl. But still... I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being pursued. Perhaps, that was why I was travelling with a Sith.

I just hoped it would be enough.

Mythos had many weapons yet the only ones he brought were his Rudis, lightsabers and a tactical bow he had made with the latest technology available. High end explosive arrows, quiver filled to the brim with tools, bladed edges,adorned the thing and the HUD visor over his left eye to give him more information about his surroundings. On his back he carried his own weight in supplies, food, equipment and sleeping tent as well as a blaster rifle and extra ammunition. He was garbed in the skin on the animals of the land, a mash of fur and leather protected him from the savage winds of the capital but as he got to the forest he began to peel layers off his clothing as the temperature died down.

'This beautiful scenery does nothing to help the weight on my back' He mused to himself, a smile acknowledging the pain and accepting it into his being. Head on a constant swivel and eyes peeled to every movement in the forest, every leaf and every tree branch to see if this time he could perhaps glimpse what it was he sensed. He was with her in the tension, not since his first dives into the tombs of Korriban had he ever been so on edge, it's not the unknown, it's the fact that he knew something was in there and he could not see it. The air in the forest was thick with the power of the force and even Mythos could not truly discern it's nature. She nodded at him and he nodded back, kicking the golden locks off his hair and staring deep into the thickness of the trees through her.

Her statement caught him off guard, mainly cause he noticed he had suddenly stopped... at a certain edge and point in the forest. He smiled, she was right and maybe he was correct in bringing her. She was confident and as always he knew what he needed to do. He trailed after her, not one meter off and quickened his pace but softened his foot fall to minimize the sound his boots made. A mentalist by nature thanks to an old associate he would first attempt to speak with her through her mind, hopefully that would work.

"Do you sense anything? Your magic and this invisible miasma burrs my senses"

The forest deepened, light was going out, he considered coming here in the dark of night and now more than ever he wondered if he was wrong in choosing to come in the light of day.

@Umai​

Valgærd

I was aware that I very much looked the part of the witch. Between the long cloak as dark as the void of space itself, the gargoyle ring, the other leather wrappings up my arms and the amulet on my neck, I mused that I looked quite at home next to the man draped in pelts and supplies. At his musing, I turned to him and chuckled. My own supplies, a few small food capsules, tiny weather bivvy, water filtre, and fire starter, all fit within a pouch on my belt under my cloak. For everything else, I relied wholly on my magic. I grinned at [member="Mythos"],

"Oh, here I was thinking you're a big, tough man" I teased.

Of course, I'm not stupid. Between the two of us, he was far better prepared. While I was relying on hunting wildlife for my food, he had supplies. While I had only my cloak for warmth and a tiny bivvy to protect me from the rain, he had a tent. Where as my only defence was my magic, I'd seen the rifle he carried, and I was sure he had plenty of ammunition for it as well. So while I could dance around him now, teasing him and enjoying how much lighter my own pack was, I kept the playful goading to a minimum, in case I had to swallow my pride later on and ask him for help.

We moved into the forest, the trees closing in around us. I closed my eyes and drew in a deep breath, drawing from my magic and trusting it to lead us through this miasma. There was something about moving in this way... something that reminded me of mother. Of course, it was her tome at my belt, her handwriting I'd studied, her spells I'd learned. In that way, I supposed it was he guiding us through this dark forest, not me. So when I heard a voice in my mind that wasn't hers, an audible squeak of surprise escaped my lips.

Thankfully, my cloak muffled most of the sounds I made, but this I'm sure was heard by the man beside me. Cringing, I dropped my head so he wouldn't see my cheeks burning.

It's... difficult, I replied truthfully, matching his telepathic message, everything is... obscured. I have to try and lift this damned fog. Oh mother, if only you were here.

I... hadn't intended for the last few words to be sent to him. I had wanted Mythos to believe I could do this on my own, easily. Hells, I wanted me to believe it. In truth? I had no idea what to expect, or how to get through this strange barrier.

To die here in this forest was not Mythos' first plan of action yet every second he spent here eyes peeled into his surroundings he was oddly coming to peace with that possibility. He had been in worse situations and worse fights but there was something about this place that threw his senses entirely out of whack. He smirked back at her and kept her pace, eyes forward and into the very end of where he could see, still very wary of whatever it was that he sensed last time he was around here. Whatever it was, it either did not sense them or was not making his presence known. The force was strong in this place but in a way he had never felt before... it was beginning to drain him, they would need to set up camp soon. It was getting dark, Midvinter nights were dangerous and the beasts of the wilds hunted in them. The cold of Midvinter coupled with that damned fog was going to make guarding their campsite very difficult, he would have to sacrifice sleep in exchange for rest, a sacrifice he was already becoming accustomed to making. "That's what I keep telling myself at least" He said, smiling back at the face of pain and discomfort, making the uncomfortable comfortable. A few more meters and he saw a clearing, or the closest thing he had seen that resembled a clearing. His mind was made up, he would have to camp.

His words, not spoken but said through the force caused in her a reaction that confirmed his suspicions; She was Green, Real Green, easily spooked and would probably soil herself if she saw the things he had seen, the people he had killed and the monsters who fought to hard to see him dead. He narrowed his eyes at her, glinting in a golden glow almost piercing the fog as he decided if this was necessarily a bad thing. He thought about it for half a second and concluded that sometimes... Green was better. He had a feeling this case was one of those. Vets and people who had baggage, experience and some time doing evil, grunt or soldier things in Mythos' experience came with bad habits and their own way of doing things... Green Kids usually do what their told to the letter... Green Kids usually come home the first time. It's the second and thirteenth time they go out when they die... When they stop giving a bantha poodo.

He exhaled and shot her a warm smile as he slumped his shoulders and dropped his gear with a loud thump. They were surrounded by an impenetrable fog deep inside a forest, there was little to be done right now, first step of the mission was done they had arrived. As she spoke, through telepathy Mythos just prepared the campsite with a calm demeanor but a very fast pace, glancing over to meet her eyes and observe her body language every second or so. When she uttered the last sentence he raised an eyebrow and froze for a nanosecond, he filed that away for a later use. Mother? He had heard Witches had a great Nightmother or something of the sort, could that be what this witch was speaking about? Asking her deity for aid?

"I am going to be very honest with you" He said while finishing up his campsite, preparing some fast soldier meals for both of them and placing his rifle on his lap while he sat across from her in his big backpack filled with clothes that acted like a cushion. He still spoke through telepathy not knowing if anything could be listening but his tone and words were calm, collected and as far from hostile as he could possibly make them. "In all my years fighting jedi, killing the enemies of the Sith and exploring the Galaxy I have never heard or seen anything like this before." He smiled while he spoke, his eyes stabbed into hers like glowing golden orbs of fire and a palpable, malicious and sadistic intent was clear behind his eyes, Mythos enjoyed chaos, he enjoyed battle and he enjoyed deceiving and killing other living beings, beings that love and care and have families. Some people call Mythos a hero and to them he may well be, but to the galaxy as a whole Mythos is without a doubt an evil, evil being.

As he spoke, a smirk adorned his face that lacked a single blemish other than scars and he began to disassemble and clean his battle rifle. She was beautiful to him and he did not make a single effort in hiding that opinion, once the link of mentalism was locked with Mythos she would see some flashes of his memory sometimes and some flashes of his present thoughts, some without a doubt crude and tasteless. Mythos was a Sith lord of the Infantry, he spends the majority of his time with the infantry and His infantry are nothing if not tasteless and crude. "You should get some rest, I will stand guard over you and while breath flows from my lungs nothing shall harm you. Thus say I Mythos." His voice thundered lowly, power and authority behind his words and the confidence to carry them out palpable. No doubt was left about his commitment as he allowed her full reign inside his mind as an open book. He had a feeling she would enjoy the history in there.
@Umai

Valgærd

I was so grateful for my cloak.

The forest wasn't freezing, but with the strange mist that enveloped us, it was cool. Thankfully, the inky black fabric of one of mother's final gifts to me kept me warm and comfortable enough that I didn't really notice. I could feel [member="Mythos"]'s gaze on me as we walked. What was he thinking? Was he judging me? Planning some contingency plan if I turned against him? Was he planning to turn against me? Was he just... admiring? I blushed at the last thought. Hardly. Mythos was a man of war, action and planning. That was one of the reasons I'd agreed to accompany him: if anyone could do this, it was him. He wouldn't concern himself with such trifles. Besides, it was conceited to even entertain such a thought, right?

Eventually, we stopped to make camp.

Because I had so few supplies, it didn't take long to lay them out and get set up. To start with, we both worked in silence. I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking as we settled down and he shared his soldier food with me. I accepted it with a soft smile, watching him as those golden orbs seemed to completely envelop me. Finally, I heard his voice again. At first telepathic, but then out loud, breaking the silence.

I glanced around us, shaking my head,

"Neither have I." I replied softly, before quickly looking back to him, "not... not that I won't be able to get us through." I finished quickly.

Nice one, Umai. Way to show that confidence.

I felt something flutter in my chest as he watched me. There was... something in those eyes. He was... evil? Was that the right word? No, perhaps not. But there was certainly something dangerous about him. I felt my heart skip a beat as he mentioned fighting Jedi. Part of me went back to Dathomir, to Ember. I'd wanted to fight him when I first met him, that reflexive distrust of the Jedi was still strong. However, he'd helped me. More than that, he'd warned me about the dark side of my ring. Were he and Mythos to meet, who would I hope to win? Shaking my head of the thought, I glanced up, noticing the smirk on his face.

As the man cleaned his rifle, I couldn't help but reach out through my magic. Force willing, I just wanted a peek inside his mind. It was useless to tell myself that I was just making sure there were no intentions to kill me in my sleep. He was an enigma, a puzzle, a new mystery that I wanted to solve. I gasped, unable to suppress the reaction as I hurriedly retreated, blushing. Burying the thoughts that surfaced, I turned my attention to him as he spoke, proclaiming that he'd make sure I was protected so I could rest.

It was true, I was tired. Sleep was very attractive right now. But...

"Are you sure, Mythos? You need sleep too. Wake me when you're ready. I'll take the second watch."

He could not help an audible yet soft chuckle at her worry and care. Worry and care, for a Sith Lord, even when he had done everything in his power to come off as a good person and well meaning that never happened. Only the women he paid, the insane, the drug addicted, the manipulated, the coerced and the ones who had no other choice offered him any kind of kindness and decency. He did not deserve it, he did not lie to himself thinking he did. With the exception of Atrisia of course. He finished cleaning his rifle and placed it by his side, ready, locked and loaded. He sensed her peeking into his mind, something scared her off, he could only guess. Resigned to having horrified her with one of the many acts of violence or depravity in his mind he began to scan the campsite quickly and look at her with an inquisitive look. "To set at ease your worry and curiosity." He said through the force, removing the last layer of leather and fur that covered his upper body. He had no armor so the clothes he wore offered protection from the elements and there was not much need for that.

She would see his chest and neck, every muscle toned and worked to a fine finish, not for looks but entirely out necessity, yet that was not what Mythos wanted to show her. Every inch of his body was covered in Sith Runes carved into the skin through a ritual that made those scars look recent. It looks literally like Mythos was carved up with a knife not an hour ago. It hurt constantly, at first it was a pain neigh unbearable but now it just fed him more power than a regular Sith Lord but it also kept his soul tethered to this realm. "I died once. My first body is now ash, this is a clone made long before I fell. I live because my son was killed, my family and my city. I could not rest in death because there was work to be done in Life." He spoke with a smile on his face that betrayed the incredible pain he felt inside, a pain he had turned into hate, a hate he had weaponized against billions.

He began taking off his boots, changing his clothes while he spoke, glancing over her every once in a while as if doing this grunt, infantry thing was the most common thing in the world. Mythos was nothing if not hygienic, anything that could harm the mission was to be eliminated. Things like trench-foot, infections and more came when soldiers did not take good care while in jungles like these. Just because we are in the wilderness, does not mean we have to live like beasts. Mythos had seen this many times and made it a point that his soldiers needed to have proper hygiene even in the field. As he did this he kept talking to her, thinking if he opened up a bit, his stories might bore her into a nap or make her comfortable enough to sleep. She needed to sleep... she was the key, She alone could get them past this. He could tell she was not very confident in herself but Mythos had faith in her for the both of them.

He pulled a pipe and began to smoke his Dark Bota, one of the few things that allowed him to relax. He spoke through clouds of smoke while he took a special pen that blasted cool air and began to clean himself of dirt and grime while spraying odorless perfume on him. "I am a father of a daughter who lives here in Midvinter. If you would believe me, I adopted her and freed her from slaves but before that she was a companion of [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], former grandmaster of the Silver Jedi, why former i cannot say but he is a man I respect but reluctantly will have to fight again one day. Before she was my daughter she knew him, when we fought and he defeated me, searching my mind he found her. He spared my life, it is why I live in Midvinter. He spared my life so i will protect his home and he will never know about it until i tell him before I kill him. I hope if he takes my life he buries me here or in Thoinborek, I will do the same"

He let out a long smoke from his pipe, dark bota redding his eyes from yellow to bloodshot. "His wife [member="Coci Heavenshield"] is as beautiful as she is deadly. They call her the Silver Shadow and I can confirm this because I fought her husband with her a couple of meters from us and I never saw her" Another audible yet very soft chuckle escaped his lips. "The woman took on a dozen of my Jar'Kai singlehandedly and gave them back to me either in body bags or in pieces." He said, smiling all the way, clearly amused by his memories. His smile faded as he remembered what happened next. "I had a friend in the father of [member="Cedric Grayson"], Cyril, now known to many as the poster child for the rebellion, I know him as the son of my friend who now fights alongside the same people who killed his father." He looked at her, a face of incredulity and searching for agreement. "First they kill Cyril and then somehow they convince his son to turn on those who quite literally died for his father" He shrugged, making sense of the galaxy was sometimes frustrating for him, this above all else confirmed to him that he was in fact on the right side of things, that his evil was justified... To Mythos, it was Mythos who was the good guy.

"I heard [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] was the man who killed my son but other than tales and stories I am afraid I do not know the man. I know he is big, strong and grizzled from many battles." He smiled to himself and then looked at her again, slight mischief in his eyes, "So Am I." His smile widened, he passed his pipe of dark bota to her, knowing it would increase her power or relax her enough to sleep but before he sent her off He changed the subject abruptly. "You need to take off your boots and change your socks. If you get trench-foot it's over, I don't have equipment to deal with infections like that. Change of clothes wont hurt either. We don't got a clue how long we will be here. In the morning I will build us a shelter. Until then, manage."

@Umai​

Valgærd

Well that was dumb.

I realised pretty quickly that [member="Mythos"] had felt me poking around in his mind, and hastily retreating. I'd been careless, sloppy. I had expected to see darkness, brutality, even honour... but I hadn't expected to see attraction. Now I sat with egg on my face and his face pulled into an inquisitve expression. He began to risrobe, stating that he would abate any worry and curiosity I had.

There was no denying it... he had a lot going for him. I made no secret of admiring the well-toned form he had. The man's entire body was a machine that had been crafted for strength, speed and power. I'd expect nothing less from a Sith Lord, but it was still a pleasant sight to see. The runes were a surprise. My fingers curled at my sides, practically singing with the longing desire to trace over them to copy them into my book, map them, decipher them, study them... I told myself it was solely the runes that I was interested in, but the warmth in my cheeks betrayed that as not being entirely the case.

While he spoke I continued to watch him, listening keenly as he allowed me a glimpse of the history that had made the man standing before me. Some of it ame as a surprise, some of it less so. When he was done, he turned his attention to me, mentioning that I ought to remove my boots and socks. He... had a point.

"Yes mom." I smirked in reply. But as he continued, I smiled and shrugged, leaning forwards and unlacing my boots.

They weren't especially fancy, but they'd kept my feet warm and dry. I pulled them off and stuffed my socks into them. Then, I unclasped the cloak from my shoulders and folded it beside me.

"Thank you, Mythos." I continued, "... and, thank you for the insight. I wouldn't presume to bore you with my significantly less-exciting story, but if you have any questions at all, I'm an open book."

My fingers fell to mother's tome still on my belt as I spoke. An open book indeed.

"Put on a shirt on, for the sake of the gods. No one wants to see your man-boobs." The disembodied voice carried out from the darkness surrounding the campfire, just out of tangible view. The voice carried a very distinct accent, rich and exotic in nature. It was somehow loud and quiet all at once, the deep tone carrying across the campsite like a warm gust of wind contrasting with the bitter chill of the Midvinter air. A man emerged from the darkness like first life emerging from the womb of Chaos. He wore a set of light assassin armor with a cowl that covered his eyes, though one could see his olive skin and black goatee flickering in the dim fire-light. One could count at least a dozen knives strapped to his body, as well as a single Dathomiri energy bow slung across his back. However, his true colors were betrayed by the twin lightsabers attached at his hip and the Sith rudis lying behind the bow. He was, despite his joking nature, a Lord of the SIth.​
He looked over [member="Mythos"], "I heed your call regardless, but what exactly are we up against? And what, may I ask, are we doing this for? What's in this forest of yours?" He sat down on the nearest log, pulling out the carcass of some indigenous bird he had shot. Unstrapping one of his many knives, the Demon's Fist began plucking and skinning the fowl. The last thing he had eaten was some cheap soup at a space stop on his way to Midvinter, something he was starting to regret. He had no idea what their "mystery meat" was, and he wasn't sure he wanted to know. Either way, food was food.​
As he went about his work, he looked up at the woman sitting across the fire from him. She wasn't Sith. No, not yet. However, she had a familiar scent about her. A very familiar scent indeed to the Gurlanin who had lived and learned among the Witches of Dathomir for several years. Strange, it had been quite some time since he had encountered a Witch outside of her native planet. The Nightbrother was intrigued. "Tell me, why did you leave Dathomir?"
[member="Umai"]​

He was about to say something to her but he bit his lip, he nodded at the thank you regardless. The youth of these days were accustomed to being treated as special no matter the species, Mythos did not know such pleasures during his trainings. As soon as he was about to respond to her when out the darkness a man he knew from wars past emerged from the shadow. His presence was so well hidden that only when Mythos was at an arms length did he notice his presence, from behind as well. He laughed at what he had said, placing back a cloak noticing the wind had also kicked up. "I wish i could tell you, I was wondering if you could tell me. This fog is impenetrable. Throws all my logistics out of whack. I brought her when I did not know what to do, also, something is guarding it. I am not sure as to what it is."

He turned to face his witch companion as the assassin asker her a question in turn, Mythos himself curious to the question at hand as well. He did not know much about the witches of Dathromir but this one came to his attention through his many connections with the old ways in Dathromir. Many an excavation site had been abandoned in search of anything that would leave clue but nothing remained, not a trace of culture but what stands. Mythos had a feeling it had not changed much if at all.

[member="Lord Ajihad"] @Umai​

Valgærd

I... squealed.

My attention had been so focused on [member="Mythos"], especially standing there with no shirt on, that I hadn't even bothered listening to my senses. Not that it would have mattered all that much, I supposed. This blasted fog seemed to interfere with everything. So when the SIth emerged from the shadows, wearing them like a shroud, he startled me, and a squeal had escaped my lips before I could stop it. I blushed immediately, dropping my head and letting my hair fall over my face so he couldn't see my cheeks grow red.

I couldn't help but wonder, as my gaze followed the newcomer who came over and sat down, what he could sense about me. My cloak and ring were constructed wth Sith alchemy, would he assume I was one of them, like Mythos?

He glanced up, looking at me. I met his gaze, studying him back with the same curiosity I felt him scrutinize me. He asked a question, and in doing so, answered one of mine. So he knew I was a witch. I leaned back for a moment, considering my answer.

"I actually was not raised there. My mother..." I trailed off. No, that was probably not relevant, "... I'm only half Dathomirian. I'm out here because mother's killer is out here somewhere, and he's going to face the fury of a scorned witch."

The darkness that rumbled in my voice might've unsettled a normal man, but I'm quite certain if the two Sith heard it, they weren't phased. Either way, I turned my attention to Mythos,

"... I'm... I'm still an accomplished witch." I explained, biting my lip, "I'm no less powerful than any other. I just... learned elsewhere, that's all."

I cringed, hoping I hadn't just blown my one chance to find the clue my mother left here for me.

Divider.gif

[member="Lord Ajihad"]

Ajihad gave only a subtle nod at Mythos's response. Back when the One Sith was still an entity to be feared, the young Sith known as Vi'kas Mirtis practically refused to go on any mission or complete any task unless it involved a hefty paycheck on his part. Back then, a mission like this with so many "ifs" would have been a huge thumbs-down for him. Luckily, Ajihad's fondness for material stability had matured and faded away over the years. Nowadays, the Sith Lord was just excited for any adventure he could get his hands on.​
As for the girl's story... it was interesting. Her mother, obviously the Dathomiri side of her lineage, had been murdered. He could think of seldom few who would dare cross a Nightsister, much less kill one. Whoever it was, he did not envy them. The wrath of a vengeful witch was not something to be taken lightly.​
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."
The Sith Lord recited the code from heart. He remembered so many years ago when Darth Ferus taught him those sacred lines, ensuring they were understood before continuing the young man's training. It was a creed he lived by, a creed followed by some the bravest souls he had ever known.​
He missed his former master.​
"Live by these words, child, and you will be Sith. Be Sith, and the one who took your mother's life will truly and surely feel your wrath like nothing they have ever felt before. This is the best advice I can give."
The Demon's Fist then turned his attention back the fallen King of Atrisia. Ajihad would remember that battle for the rest of his life. He could see it even now, the rage of Vulcanus dancing in the firelight. "I felt the fog when I arrived here as well. It is certainly far beyond my ability to penetrate. But then again, that isn't what I'm here for, is it?" He finished his last sentence with a quick smile directed at the young witch. Her purpose was becoming clear to him.​
[member="Umai"] | [member="Mythos"]​

Mythos had trained with Ferus as well, his trainings with old [member="Darth Ferus"] gave him his love and passion for Juyo as well as hope in the Sith Assassins. That hope he had in the first organization he called home had been lost, buried under the corpse of the One Sith. He felt great resentment to that order because of that, blaming it for the fall of the One Sith as well as attributing it's failure to it's old leaders. He was angry at the Assassins but only because once he cared about them as much as himself, he lived for the assassins as much as himself yet the path they took with no warning to him gave into their downfall and he blamed them for it.

When the words of Ferus and even his tone arrived in his ears again he nodded, remembering them well but from [member="Darth Ophidia"]. "True as can be. The assassins live but in shadows, with what lies beyond we can awaken them again"

Mythos knew the legend of what was beyond the fog, a lake with unlimited power, power the assassins and he himself could use. "If the legends are true, which with me" He said, striking the legendary rudis down into the ground as he spoke, it's lethal blade sporting the names of all he killed with it.

"They always are."

Pulling out a small datapad and placing it on top of the pummel of the rudis in the ground and pressing a small button on it, Mythos sought to display what he knew.

All his data was now displayed. He had travelled to all the temples and ruins of this region and with his skills in archaeology, history, anthropology and survival he had gathered all the knowledge, which was mostly word through mouth, of the Legend of Averlorn.

"According to the legend, there lies a lake of great power that beings of light guard behind this fog. They worship a deity called 'The Lakeborn'. Or at least that is the literal translation of it in common." He said, as the datapad showed wooden carvings depicting what the walls and rocks of these temples showed of the story. They were crude and hard to make out, thousands of years taking away what semblance of colour and refined shape they may have had.

The datapad now began to show Mythos' orbital drone pictures of the entire above area, highlighting the affected area. "This is where we are, but even my orbital holograms are out of focus. As you can see Ajihad, none of the grid coordinates make any sense and the topography, depth and even weather is wrong. Before you say it, I am not bring hacked."

As he said that the "M" of Mara, appeared on the screen. That was one of the most impenetrable system securities on the outer rim. Mythos looked at Ajihad with eyes that meant no bargain, he knew this was 'natural', however impossible that may have sounded. "I don't even know the length of the wilderness. Whatever is causing this, is incredibly powerful and unlike anything i have ever seen"

He did not answer the smile Ajihad showed him because although he knew before hand that [member="Umai"] was no ordinary witch, he also knew through his ability of foresight that she would not fail in passing them through, he had foreseen it already. When Mythos returned from the grave he gave up much of his old abilities in exchange for many new ones.

"Your mother was inside of this fog once, I do not know how or why but I have seen it and it is because of this that the force has brought you here." As he spoke his eyes turned a milky white and he tapped into his memories, specifically the ones where used foresight. This took a lot of power and stamina but Mythos was not tired in the least anymore.

"I have seen it, I did not see the arrival of [member="Lord Ajihad"] however. One thing you will learn is that The Ajihad does not fail and if you wish to unlock the power of the Assassins. The door is now open. Henceforth if you chose to go through it"

His eyes changed back into their normal golden glow.

"You shall not know failure either"

Valgærd

The Sith made a lot of sense.

I found myself leaning forwards, hanging onto his words. When in my element, I enjoyed being the one who was right, who had all the answers, but out here, it was more comforting to have another who seemed to be more knowledgable, at least for now. I gave him a solemn nod. Honestly, this was the first time I'd actually voiced out loud my intent to track down the one who killed my mother, and to an almost perfect stranger to boot. Perhaps, sometime in the future when all this was over, I would ask him for his help... but for now, his comment on the fog stole my attention back to the present.

"I'm sure between the two of you, you can keep me alive," I replied with a grin, "I'll take care of the fog."

A smothered sigh escaped my chest as quietly as I could make it. I hope, I thought to myself.

My attention was pulled away to Mythos as my original companion spoke again. He brought a small datapad, displaying all the information he had thus far. I crawled forwards a little, sitting on my knees on the ground as I watched him. The Lakeborn, not something I'd heard of, but then again, the religion of my people was not one many outsiders understood, so I was hardly one to judge. I blinked as he spoke, mentioning my mother. She'd been here? Inside the fog? I felt the surprise etch itself onto my features, so much for mysterious and well-put together, I suppose. [member="Mythos"]'s eyes changed to milky-white, a phenomenon I'd seen once or twice before. Memories? A vision? It was hardly my intention to detract from our current mission, but I vowed that when we were able, I would corner him and pick the man's brain. Had he ever met her? Could he see memories with her in them?

The softest of smiles breached my lips as he spoke, and a rare nod of humility bowed my head,

"Thank you, Mythos."

I turned to [member="Lord Ajihad"],

"When we get out of here, I want you to make into an assassin like you."

Not my most polite moment, but there were few things in this world I wanted more.

Divider.gif
OOC: I am SO sorry for the atrocious wait for the post. Had to move house suddenly and I STILL don't have internet. Should be getting hooked up in a few days.

"Odd. Most don't ask to me made an assassin. Back in my day we hand picked those we found worthy." The words spoken were lighthearted and almost jovial. Slowly a hunched figure dressed in all black made his way to the group by the fog, his hood low to cover his face. Black gloved hands held a simple metal cane that tapped rhythmically with each step the figure took. "Have the times changed that much in my absence?"

Words didn't need to explain who this man was, at least to the pair of Lords now beside him. Darth Ferus kept his gaze to the fog, the faintest smile on his aged lips. "A witch would be interesting though. My daughter was one after all, and she made quite the assassin."

[member="Umai"] [member="Mythos"] [member="Lord Ajihad"]

(Sorry for the wait. College be hard.)​
The Demon's Fist studied the projection intently. He loved a good story, and this one seemed to be rather interesting. A mythical lake-beast? Mysterious guardians of light? An area that was shielded from even the strongest of technological intrusions? He hadn't been on an adventure like this in quite some time.​
The assassin broke his focus and took a long minute to gaze at the rudis carried by his compatriot. It was a weapon he too possessed; awarded to him for being anointed a Sith Lord in the One Sith long ago. He wistfully remembered the one-great empire. In his opinion, no Sith faction quite like it had ever been able to reach the sheer magnitude and power of the OS. Ajihad absentmindedly drew his own blade, almost identical to that of Mythos. The weapon was alchemically engraved with the names and legacies of those slain with its razor-sharp edge. He only used the rudis against the most worthy of opponents, as he wouldn't sully the balde with legacies of mere footsoldiers and underlings. Perhaps the most prominent name was that of Zambrano the Hutt, the massively powerful Sith Lord inhabited by the Primeval god Balagoth. He remember the day where he had accidentally killed Mishk, the twisted Jawa companion of Zambrano. He remembered the sole bolt of black witch-lighting cutting through the sky, filling the beast with the power of a true god. He remember slaying his former ally in the Chiloon Rift, finally putting an end to the mongrel's reign of genocidal terror.​
He missed those days.​
He was drawn from his stupor by the young witch's words. He had to admit, they caught him a little off-guard. He had only assumed that she was the new apprentice to Mythos. A weary look passed over his eyes for but a second. It had been a long time since he had trained anyone, and he was known as somewhat of a recluse these days. He belonged to no faction, travelling the Galaxy and generally serving his own interests. He was tired of bending the knee the those who didn't deserve his services, and it had caused him to mostly withdraw from his peers entirely.​
He was about to respond to Umai when a very familiar voice slithered its way into his ears. The assassin spun around with his blade drawn in a fraction of a second, only to see his former master standing at the edge of the firelight. His eyes squinted faintly in disbelief at first. Wasn't Ferus dead? He had been trying to keep tabs on the old Sith Lord, but even Ajihad's sources hadn't picked up anything as of late. Still... he knew the presence of Ferus when he felt it. This was him.​
Still not lowering the rudis, Vi'kas addressed the assassin. "Ferus... I'll be damned. How long has it been?"
[member="Darth Ferus"] [member="Umai"] [member="Mythos"]​

Unusual was an understatement, Assassins were never born they were made and Mythos knew first hand how they were made and why most never survived and those who did like [member="Iziz"] among others became shadows and sometimes were never seen or heard from again. He nodded to [member="Umai"] when she spoke of the fog, her confidence in her voice unshaken when she spoke. "I know" Mythos responded as if stating a scientific fact or law, he knew that it would fall at her hands, he had foreseen it already and his seers told him so.

As the two Rudis met each other once again Mythos had a eeire feeling, a strange thought and possibility that this may have called the more ancient powers that be here. The One Sith was his home once, he blamed many in The Sith Empire for its fall yet reluctantly had come into its fold when they began to act like The One Sith again in the best way that they could that is. That was enough for Mythos for now, perhaps in the future as they inched ever closer to what they once were, perhaps then they would reach their destiny, much larger than that of the more Ancient Sith Empire.

He was about to say something to the witch, his lips parting when the force itself slumped the air in his throat as he turned around and faced the woodline.

When Mythos made the call his usual arrogance made him believe he would perceive and notice the arrival of more of his allies into this mission, perceiving the arrival of these two assassins was near impossible especially that of [member="Darth Ferus"] himself. His eyes were graced once more by the sight of his old master, the father of the assassins and his first Juyo teacher. He bowed his head in respect to the Sith Lord, a man who he respected yet still thought needed a bit of refinement from his form in Juyo once again if he did those sorts of things these days.

Mythos looked over to [member="Lord Ajihad"] and smiled answering his question for him. "Enough for me to get married twice." Mythos said with a chuckle, his arms crossed and his rudis to his left alongside the one of Ajihad.​

Valgærd

I glanced up as another voice joined the three of us.

Turning my head, I watched as another figure appeared from the fog, cloaked and unrecognisable... not that I would have known the sith that joined us here. Mythos had been the beginning and end of all Sith I knew until this particular evening. I studied the newcomer, nodding slightly at his words. Already he'd given me a little information. He had a daughter, a grown one, so he was no youngling looking to prove himself. He spoke of an absence, although that could mean anything. A shiver racked my shoulders, one I fought to keep suppressed. It wasn't being the only female among three men, all larger than myself, that had me slightly on edge.

It was being the only witch among three practised Sith lords.

"I wasn't happy with what I was deemed 'worthy' for," I replied with as casual a shrug as I could manage, "so I thought I'd try something else on for size."

The other two Sith greeted the newcomer, whom Ajihad outed as "Ferus". A lord? A Darth? Not quite knowing exactly how to address him, I decided to stay quiet for the moment. Let the men speak, catch up with one another.

I pulled myself quietly to my feet, my fingers falling to the tome on my belt. Mother had been here. She had traversed this fog. Considering I didn't have much to add to the conversation of three reminiscing sith lords, I figured the best thing I could do right now would be to get a lead on getting us through this blasted mist. As I wandered away from the camp a little, I felt something seeming to tug at me.

It wasn't a physical pull, per se. It was more... a longing sensation, a tingling in my chest, like the one that accompanies a distant, pleasant memory. I'm not entirely sure when my eyes drifted closed, but it was likely around the same point my free hand moved up as if reaching out before me. When I realised this, I stopped. My eyes opened, but my hand remained raised. Glancing around, I realised that I'd wandered further from the camp than perhaps intended, but I could still see them through the trees.

The next thing I noticed was the line. Like a beam of soft, faint light, the subtle, purplish ray seemed to snake through the fog, drawing out a path into the distance. Could that... would this be the path my mother had taken? Which means, she would have once stood where I stood now, holding the tome I had on my belt.

When I spoke, my words were quiet, uncertain,

"Um... my lords? I think I found our way through the mist."

Whether this actually would get us were we needed to go was anyone's guess. It could be mother's magic I was tapping into, but it could just as easily be this mist itself, playing tricks with my mind, leading us off-course.

There's only one way to find out.

Divider.gif
[member="Mythos"] | [member="Lord Ajihad"] | [member="Darth Ferus"]​

"You'd think you learned after the first failure. You've never been a family man [member="Mythos"] ." The old figure chuckled, glancing between the two Lords. One an apprentice from long ago, the other and apprentice to his apprentice. Three generations in one place. [member="Lord Ajihad"] received a respectful nod before he fell silent, instead focused on the newest addition. [member="Umai"] . She had an impressive amount of control in a woman so young. As she drifted off into her focus he stepped over right in front of her and got uncomfortably close. Could she tell in this deep focus?

Once her eyes opened he shrugged and stepped back, letting the two younger lords handle any training or answers. He was here just to observe after all.

Mythos definitely seemed less surprised to see Ferus than Ajihad. The Demon's Fist had not been active in neither the Assassins nor the Sith Empire for quite some time, possibly why his information was somewhat outdated. Regardless, he was still glad to see his former master once again. What great memories they had in the Sith Assassins! Part of him wished they still lived in the age of the One Sith.​
Shaking his head, Ajihad sat back down facing away from Ferus. They had more important matters to attend to at the moment, such as penetrating the thick fog and possibly encountering some sort of legendary lake-beast. Reminiscing could wait until the immediate issue had been dealt with first. He had been in enough of these situations to know that taking your eye off the ball for but a second could get you and your allies killed.​
The assassin was about to open his mouth when the young witch spoke. Raising an eyebrow, he looked right where Umai was staring with no success. He could discern no path, nor did he see any opening in the thick layer of fog surrounding the area. He was quite well-versed in Dathomiri magicks, yet he saw nothing outside the norm. Nevertheless, he had faith in the girl. If she was good enough for Mythos, then she was good enough for him.​
He hoped she would not betray his trust.​
[member="Darth Ferus"] [member="Mythos"] [member="Umai"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom