Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Wedding and a Funeral

Oh, she didn't live here anymore.

Well, if Ishani wished to pitch this idea to the government before she left, that would be more than enough. As long as the end product was the same, more safe places for people with none.

Alicio ran his through his hair, crossing his arms over himself afterward. "I wanted to help." He said it simply, as if the decision to get into politics was as easy as that.

"I wasn't raised in a palace." Alicio was obviously a bit uncomfortable talking about himself, turning his body just a bit away from his conversation partner. But he didn't stop talking. "My family... escaped a conspiracy on Alderaan. We were refugees too, in a sense. At least, I understand how it feels to have your home torn away from you, and not having a say in it."

"Queen Faith is making genuine progress in helping the people of the Alliance and beyond. But she can't do everything. So I need to step up, and assist where I can."

Alicio squared with Ishani again. "That being said, if you were to help set up a sanctuary here, Alderaan would be in your debt. Or, at least, I would. I'd have to speak with Faith about Alderaan."

- Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn -

Huh. So in a way, it was personal for him.

At the mention of holding him in her debt, her eyebrows rose. The last time somebody offered her a debt to be owed, it had been some random Jedi diving for treasure in a lake on a backwater world. She hadn’t seen him since. But this… well, this seemed a little more legitimate. After all, where could Alicio go? She knew where he lived, or at least his homeworld. When she wanted to collect, she could just show up at his house.

All right,” she said, smiling. “Sounds like a deal.

She held out a hand as if to shake on it. Did people shake hands when they made arrangements like these? Eh, who cares.

Alicio took Ishani's hand warmly. It wasn't lost on him that minutes ago, they shook hands for the first time. Perhaps the young politician was better at negotiation than he thought.

No, he couldn't take credit for this. It was thanks to the former senator's willingness to help a planet she was leaving behind her, that refugees might have a home here. When people who cared about something came together, mountains were moved.

It was all a bit inspiring.

"I'll speak with... with my House." Alicio rubbed one of his temples. "See if we can't promise funding for a Chaldean Sanctuary."

Then, he smiled apologetically. "Sorry, I've had a terrible headache since I arrived."

- Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn -

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom