Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Wanderer Isn't Always Lost

A Wanderer Isn't Always Lost
Iritsa, Chazwa
city_by_llamllam-d8i9e6o.jpg
This great, big, expanse of a galaxy was made up of smaller things, and those smaller things were comprised of even smaller particles. This whole law of life went down to the very atoms and microscopic morsels that made up the very roots of life itself. Going back to your roots was a common concept that involved shifting one's mindset back to that of the past, to a humble and simplistic beginning that had foretold the destiny and journey of a lifetime.

That was why Kenshi was here - to reevaluate why he was in this plane of existence.

"Am I really required to wear this, master?"

The swordsman eased past a bystander and glanced back at the droid garbed in traditional robes. "You don't like it?" Kenshi inquired, smiling and raising at eyebrow. "You did say you wanted to embrace my heritage in all aspects, so that means you adopt the clothing and mannerisms."

Saigo shifted uncomfortably in the robes, placing a metallic hand upon the energy sword sheathed upon his hip. "That is true, but I-"

"No buts," Kenshi grinned. "Let's just walk around for a bit and get some fresh air. It's been too long since I had a little journey outside of the temple walls. Maybe something interesting'll happen."

It wasn’t every day the mechanic found herself on a smaller planet such as this one, but it was a convenient stop on her way to Coruscant and it was the nearest place with a reliable workshop for her ship. Chazwa seemed to be one of those trade harbors filled with all sorts of wares. The type of harbor that from experience had always proved interesting to take a stroll on when you needed to have your ship fixed after accidently chasing through an asteroid field, a minor one, of course. The type of event that was the reason for Jennifers prolonged stay.

She had been here a couple of days now, partly fixing up her ship herself and by the help of a couple of leased droids. Tonight the droids would be finished with the last few minor details and she could be off, so while the last things were being done she had decided to take a last stroll of the markets of the capital of this world.

“Miss, ar’ ye buying the Dindra box or wha’?” The rough voice of the Besalisk street-merchant said angrily as Jennifer caught herself staring at the strange, but well smelling dish, while evaluating the meaning of a holo message she had just gotten on her datapad. Soon enough she regained her composure and smirked faintly, casually waving off the salty remark from the old merchant besalisk as she with her datapad in hand continued further into the South Marketplace of Iritsa until she had found a good spot to sit down to take care of some messages on the holonet.

Sitting by the… Fish booth? She at the very least thought that was what it was, Jennifer had the perfect surroundings to rather unnoticed take care of her work, arranging spice drop offs was no easy thing. However as she sat there rather peacefully, something in the corner of her eye caught her attention: a rather tall (well, taller than herself) human male, or at least he looked human. Green eyed and black haired he for one reason or another simply poked out from his surroundings and even though Jennifer wasn’t a local she was fairly certain he wasn’t either. “Will you look at that…” She mumbled.

Slowly Jennifer stood, leaning the fish booth to get a closer look of the human, her amber eyes inspecting him for a second as a sly smile appeared upon her pale features. “Interesting getup, going to some trippy concert or something?” She asked, hoping to catch his attention.

[member="Kenshi Mitsumoto"]​
((Interesting character! :D Had a bit of a tough one figuring out how to respond. I hope this is sufficient.))

By now, he was used to sticking out like a sore thumb. Even amongst those of the Jedi Order, he was somewhat of an exotic specimen. He didn't like the dull, bland robes of the order and preferred to stick to most of the traditional clothing of the Dantari clans. The biological differences between himself and the others were even more so astonishing, with the rather large man standing tall and rippling with steel-wired muscles and a seemingly stoic demeanor that spoke of the way of a warrior.

"It appears that we have attracted a little attention," the droid beside him commented. "I'm not so sure that I quite enjoy this situation, especially when I'm wearing something that droids don't usually wear. I'm used to being what you organics call "naked." "

Kenshi merely smiled at his words and kept slowly moving through the crowds. A few bystanders sent cursory glances their way, even more gazed at the weapons upon their hips, and all were apparently dumbfounded by the fact that people still dressed like that.

A voice from somewhere closer to the market stalls called out to them. Kenshi averted his gaze from sparkling neon lights over to a young woman who looked as bright and chipper as the rest of this part of town. Blue hair, rogue-ish clothing, and a bemused smirk on her face set the whole look off. She asked about his getup and "trippy concerts." The Jedi didn't really know what the latter of those statements meant but he assumed it wasn't anything good.

"Trippy concert?" The man smiled and shook his head, "No. I am merely enjoying a little fresh air - well, air that is more fresh than the recycled stuff in the Temple."

[member="Jen"]

Jennifer tilted her head as the swordsman had answered, a brow lifted upon her features to exaggerate her expression of fake surprise. “Temple? Huh?.” She responded, sounding almost disappointed for a second, but with a quiet and sudden laugh, her surprise was all but gone in the blink of an eye.

Standing tall or as tall as the girl now was, 1.64 meters to be precise; she stopped leaning the fish booth besides her, a hand retracting to one of the many pouches that was seemingly attached to the belt of her trousers. Nonchalantly she brought forth a small leather case with the symbol of a dragon on its front and flicked it open as she began to talk. “You know-“ She started out, grabbing a single long cigarette from the case, the cigarette soon held by her lips and slurring her already odd speech, her voice somewhat melodious as she talked: “It’s a shame, could use an interesting party.” She blew out a small cloud of cyan smoke, the cigarette now lid.

It didn’t seem like she gave much thought to the odd cyan smoke as it curved and floated up into the air above the two, her eyes still focused on every reaction of the swordsman and his companion. Not leaving much room for an immediate response to her need for finding an interesting place to party she extended the hand with the case somewhat, the other gently holding the lit and cyan smoking smoke. “Want one? Good brand. Or perhaps that would ruin your temple free air tasting?” She smiled slightly, and jokingly.

[member="Kenshi Mitsumoto"]

This girl was interesting to say the very least. It was often that he was just blatantly approached and spoken to with such a rebellious and unrestricted tongue. It wasn't anything obscene or offensive, and he enjoyed talking and meeting anyone he could. A sincere and gentle smile spread across his features, his eyes scoured her visage for anything unusual or exotic and he was rewarded with a number of things. Blue hair, subtle traces of make-up, and a few piercings. Very exotic, just as he was to her.

"Party?" The man frowned, knowing well that his question was bathed in ignorance. "I've never been to one of those? What are they? Are they fun?"

Sagai shifted his footing as the girl produced a container of cigarras, "Neither have I. I would also like to know of them."

Kenshi sent a wink to the droid. When he first acquired the droid, he had specifically told him to learn as much as he could about everything. Didn't matter if it was astrophysics, home repair, combat skills, or even social and cultural tendencies. Sagai was as much of a sentient being as he was and he deserved to be treated as such - which was also the reason why he stopped its habit of calling him "master."

When she offered a cigarra, Kenshi lifted a hand in polite denial. "I appreciate the gesture, miss, but it would indeed ruin my air-gathering." Most of the Jedi were told not to use harmful substances like them, as they mentioned the various health affects they induced on top of growing addiction problems. He was going to be a Jedi Knight someday, so lungs were pretty essential to that occupation!

[member="Jen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom