Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Walk Down Memory Lane (Josh Dragonsflame)

Naboo, the Capital

It had been a long time since Cora had last been on Naboo. Ages ago even. The last time she could recall was being here with Zak and enjoying walking through the open markets in the Capital. Perhaps she was feeling a bit like walking down memory lane, wanting to feel some of the things she felt back then with him walking hand in hand with her.

So much had changed since then. So many things were different. At this point she wasn't even certain she was the same woman. Last time she'd walked these streets, she hadn't been tormented by Vahri - the ancient Sith spirit that had inhabited her mind for almost eight years. When Cora was last here, she had no clue she could use the Force at all. Such a different galaxy since then.

A vacation seemed just the thing she needed. Sometimes one needed to revisit the past, to gain an understanding of where they were and how far they'd come. This wasn't any different. She needed to see it, run her fingers along the bricks of the alleys they walked together, catch the scents in the air that were so familiar, reminders of her past before Vahri had ever touched it.

Slowly she wandered down a side street and headed towards a local bar by the name of Ivory Tower. A bar she and Zak had shut down together, so long ago. Though, she totally didn't start that fight. The Bith was just looking at her threateningly. Yes, that. We'll go with that.

With a deep breath, she crossed the threshold, and walked to the counter. "Just a scotch, on the rocks please." The blonde said with a sigh before taking a seat there to wait for her drink.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Naboo

Josh couldn't remember the last time he'd been home, here on Naboo. So much had changed in the time he'd been here last. He'd wrapped up his slave-liberation plans for now, and had been brought back into the fold of the Jedi Order. Of course, he'd fully planned to leave, due to things going to pure chit, and a corrupt douchenozzle taking the reigns, but changes in the Order that followed had provided Josh the reason to stay, and make things better. He had been welcomed back onto the Jedi Council by Shmi Labooda with open arms, and he'd been his old, happy self ever since. This had been the first time since then that he had been on his homeworld, and man was he happy to be here. He needed the rest for sure.

The first place he had visited once the Final Dragon had touched down on Naboo, was his favourite bar. He would shoot a smile toward patrons he recognized as he walked in. He wasn't the Jedi Master today... No Jedi robes, nothing. Just a black leather jacket, a blue t-shirt, and his usual pants and armored boots. He was just Josh today. That was what people here knew him as. Josh. And he liked it that way. Being able to talk with them like equals, like old friends... It was home alright.

He would take his seat at the bar, happening to be right beside [member="Cora Passek"] as he would gingerly order a scotch of his own.

Cora glanced to the man that had just taken a seat beside her. She was a bit wary, but it was a bar and all sorts of folks came and went in this type of establishment. There was something though that was different about him. She just couldn't quite put her finger on it. The Force was still something that was new to her and she hadn't worked out what all the strange feelings and the like meant.

She smiled slightly at his order. At least he had taste. Not everyone liked a good scotch the way she did. "Good choice. You got a name?" Cora asked rather bluntly. Proper decorum never was exactly her thing. Not even when it had been the norm among her family, before everything went to hell.

A voice sounded toward him and a brimming brown set of eyes peered toward her with hints of curiosity, perhaps a bit of caution as well. When he saw it was friendly, he would shoot a charming smile as he would turn to face her properly as his scotch was poured. "I just might. Though the pretty lady might need to give me a name in exchange if I do" He would tease, the smile becoming playful in turn.

Josh was definitely a flirt, through and through - didn't matter who it was in most cases - at least until he was tied down. But who would tie him down? That was a question he wasn't sure would ever be answered. Not many people enjoyed the idea of dating a Jedi, after all...

"Joshua. But Josh is easier" He would add with a light chuckle before taking a sip of his scotch, letting out an "Ahh" afterword, even if it was quite bitter, he had to admit. "And pray tell, what would yours be?"

[member="Cora Passek"]

Cora just smiled, "Oh, you're smooth, Josh." One certainly couldn't complain about that.

"It's a pleasure. And the name's Cora." She said as she leaned back on the stool just a little bit, to get a good look at him. "And what brings you to Naboo?" Sure there were a million reasons to come to a planet like this, most rather mundane. Though she still was genuinely curious. She took a small sip from her scotch and set it back down on the counter.

For a moment she grew a little distant, thinking about the reasons she was here. "Personally, I'm just here to take a walk down ole memory lane, as it were. Revisit a favored world, and relive a different time." One before things got so mucked up. She thought to herself. And who's fault is that? Mine, I know. Believe me, I know. So many regrets, so little time.

"I get that a lot" He responded with a cheeky smile, immediately; no hesitation. Not a skipped heartbeat went by before he had spoken. "And of course, a beautiful name to match you. How quaint" He would tease as he would raise his glass to her, jokingly; before taking a long drink, although being careful at the same time with how much of a punch the scotch here could pack.

"I live here" He would answer her question with a casual shrug. "I'm a hunter of slavers, so I'm out on the road, well... Out in space, more like, quite a bit. I haven't been home in months now, so I thought it time to finally settle down and take a break. I've been working nonstop, around the clock for so long, I've lost track. It's really only recently that I came back to this area... Met up with some old friends, made some business deals. And once that was settled, I decided to come home to finally rest my sore body" He would explain with a light smile. Of course, the slaver smashing thing was all true. Though by business deals, he meant linking back up with the Jedi Order, re-joining the Council and all that... But he wasn't exactly lying either, was he? Josh hated lying. A lack of context was better then lying.

"Memory lane, huh?" He would remark as he watched her curiously. "Sounds like you had a rough time. Date gone wrong, sent his guts flying into the sea when he turned around with a blaster or a lightsaber in hand?" He would joke cheekily, although his eyes showed sympathy. He knew she felt pain, he could sense it. But a good joke never ceased to cheer someone up most of the time...

[member="Cora Passek"]

Cora smiled softly. "Quite the flirt, too." She added. He seemed harmless enough to her by now.

The blonde nodded, listening to his story. "I can appreciate that line of work. I'm not a fan of slavers or what they do, and how many lives they ruin. Helped a friend of mine out of a mess with a slaver that had laid claim to her when she was a child, before her mother escaped with her. Had to help get her out of it after bounty hunters got onto her." She gave a shrug. It had been a long time ago. And Coryth had been fine since.

Cora sighed and downed the rest of her scotch, before motioning to the bartender for another. The joke only brought a slight upturn of her lips before it faded away quickly. "Yeah ... memory lane. Ain't really a pleasant one either. Well, the memories here were pleasant, and fun. And so much trouble." A soft chuckled followed, "Zak, and I shut down this very bar some years back." That at least brought her happiness.

"That was all a time before things got so complicated. So messy...." Slowly she reached up and ran a hand through her hair. "He died because of my actions. My mistakes. But that ain't even why I'm here. As much as that hurts, that part of life is behind me. I just wanted to remember what it was like before ..." She stopped as the barkeep returned with her second drink. reaching out she grasped the glass and swirled it around gently before taking a sip.

"Before ...." She didn't know how to explain this part without sounding absolutely nuts. "You know what, never mind on that. It'll only sound insane." Her life had been starkly divided into two parts, the time before Vahri, and the times after he was in her mind nudging her and controlling her from time to time. It hadn't been all that long since she got him pulled out of her mind and gained her freedom. "I have my freedom now, and that's what matters. I just wanted to remember what it was like before I'd lost that freedom for such a long while." She shrugged, taking a gulp from her drink again.

"And once again... I get that a lot" Was the next tease, a playful little wink shot her way as he would finish his scotch and order another on the rocks. Well, what was better then a good scotch? Good scotch and good company, that was what. As she told her story, he smirked a little. "I can appreciate that. The last time I went out to deal with slavers, it turned out they'd kidnapped a set of farmers from some of the areas around here, and carted them all the way to the Outer Rim just to ply the trade there without being caught. A kid had stowed away on board because they had kidnapped his parents. I was about to take down a camp when I found him about to go storm it himself, with nothing but a womp rat hunting blaster. One of the reasons I take down camps like this is so kids like him, courage-filled or not, have to go and do that. It would have been a death sentence" He explained.

Though he frowned when she explained that indeed, she had a loved one she lost. "I'm sorry" He spoke softly, biting his lip. Oh man, he was joking around. He hadn't meant to actually bring back old memories that she didn't want to. Though he laughed at the last bit.

"Darling, I know all about insane" He would remark. "I've seen things. Crazy things. On the battlefield and in the bedroom" He added, a half-smirk to compliment the last bit. "Nothing's too insane to me at this point."

[member="Cora Passek"]

"I understand that entirely. I can't stand what slavers do to innocent folks. It's nice to see a few other people out there that are like me. And a few who will actually do something about it." She said with a faint smile.

Cora shrugged, "It's alright. After all, I did come here to revisit my memories, the good ones, the bad ones... It's all part of life and who I am."

Another sigh came from her. She didn't even know where to start. And if not for the few drinks she'd already had, she probably wouldn't have shared at all. She tended to be so distrustful of people. It also helped that there was something about him that made her feel comfortable. "Well, if you don't mind the crazy ..." Her mind wandered trying to find a good place to begin. It took her a moment or two more to find a good place. The beginning seemed as good a place as any.

"It's complicated. I was in with a bad crowd after the Sith Empire had my family, all of them assassinated. Things were rough and I'd been out drinking. Probably a bit too much. I was alone, and wandering the streets. I was just a girl really, nineteen and all that. I knew so little about the galaxy. Hell, even about myself."

She took a breath and took another sip from her glass. "Last thing I really remember about that night, was walking down an alley and footsteps behind me. I glanced back, the guy was wrapped in some dark cloak. Never saw his face. Very last thing I remember is pain, and a lot of it before I passed out."

Now things were getting a bit harder for her to talk about. Another pause, and another sip. "When I woke up, I was alone. But I wasn't. There was someone else in my head." Oh, boy ... I sound crazy. Really crazy. Her brow knitted together and she leaned forward, laying her head in her hands for a moment. "Stars know it sounds insane. I know. I do. But it's the truth. And it got worse from there. It took me a while to figure out who and what it was. It was some Sith Spirit, sharing my mind. His body had died and well, I was now his choice to keep himself alive. I think ... I think it was weak when it was placed there. But that changed over time. It could take control over me. Made me do things, I certainly never wanted to. It was miserable. Nothing like being a prisoner in your own mind."

She down the last of her drink, motioning for another round. "Only recently got free of him. Which is why I'm here, revisiting things and places I have been before that horror happened to me. Before everything became so complicated."

She shook her head. "Insane, I know. You probably think I'm a nutcase now. This isn't the normal kind of crazy by any means."

Oh.

Well chit.

He'd done his best to guess just what it could be, but "possessed by Sith spirit and used as a Sith weapon wasn't exactly on the list of things he was guessing. Far from it, actually. Who told that to a complete stranger anyway? I mean, sure, he was happy she trusted him enough to tell, but... Even he knew that it was unsafe to tell this to someone she had just met. But what she had said... Well, most people would laugh and not believe her. Perhaps that was why? It was so far-fetched, so, indeed, crazy. But Josh was used to crazy - and so he believed her. He very much believed her.

Still... It was a dangerous secret to spill when there were people of different alignments out in this world. The Sith could be listening, and take her for questioning or to try and convert her into a weapon again. The Jedi could be listening, and want to question or imprison her to make sure the Sith didn't take her in again.

Oh, right. He was a Jedi. Chit. But he wasn't one that one imprison her, either... No point. She didn't deserve that. She hadn't controlled what had happened, and had just wanted to be free. Why rob her of her freedom again?

"Nah. I don't think you're crazy" He remarked with a chuckle. "I've seen crazy too. Been in crazy as well. I was once knocked into a coma" He added. "A couple of Sith aligned scientists had blown up the temple I was in and it fell on top of me. They fished me out and used me as a test subject for their simulation software, kept me sleeping within a simulation. I spent about six years in a simulation with my memories wiped like a droid, made to believe everything that happened to me was real. I got married, had children. And then a malfunction caused them all to die gruesomely in front of me before the thing fried temporarily, releasing me. I managed to escape, and wandered around aimlessly with no memories for the longest time until I was picked up" He would explain. "So I know plenty about crazy."

Well, they had common ground at least on the whole Sith thing.

[member="Cora Passek"]

Cora nodded sadly. And in truth she had not even thought about the danger of speaking something like that aloud. It just wasn't something she'd usually consider before opening her mouth. Perhaps that was the reason she got into so much trouble, so frequently. Well, there were other reasons too, but her mouth certainly didn't help.

"You're one of a very small group of people that don't. Most folks just laugh, just walk away." She gave a shrug, trying to brush away some of that pain. Nothing stung quite like that. To have a story, so insane, so heartbreaking and so true, not be believed always sucked. Only the few folks that had known her from Atrisia, had any idea of who she was before it, and after. She'd never been able to cry out for help. Never say a word of what was happening to her. Not when that Spirit had such a firm grasp on her mind and could threaten her, and even control her. She'd been lucky in the end that it was Mirien Valdier that had noticed the change.

She nodded again. "Damn, that's crazy. But I certainly believe it. Sith can and will do just about anything to anyone. I can't imagine what that was like for you. It must have been rough to recover from that. I'm not sure I'd have been strong enough to deal with that, myself." It was hard to wrap her mind around what Josh had gone through. He'd been through something just as horrific and awful as she had, and that wasn't that common to find these days.

She then sighed heavily and leaned against the bar counter for a moment. "I think for me there's two really bad parts of this, aside from the whole spirit taking over my mind. I have his memories and knowledge wrapped up in my head. That never went away. I had hoped it would." That had been the part she hated the most, sharing that knowledge. "It ain't pretty. None of it is."

"The other really unpleasant part about this ... I learned I was Force Sensitive. Never thought I was. Stars know I never wanted to be." The blonde shrugged and took yet another sip from her glass. "I never really was all that fond of force users. More so after my family was murdered. They just made me all sorts of uncomfortable. And now, well now I don't have much choice in the matter. I am one, like it or not." And this is where matters got messy. "I was informed after it had been removed that I must have instinctually severed myself from the force at some-point. The spirit managed to undo it, which in the end is what finally made someone recognize that I wasn't me anymore. And that something was wrong."

She sighed and finished off her third scotch, waving for another. It probably was a good thing she had a decent alcohol tolerance. "Sorry, I didn't mean to lay this all out on you. I don't .. I haven't talked about this stuff much really. Don't know exactly why I feel I can trust you. When I barely trust anyone at all." Her past after all had been full of backstabbing colleagues, deals gone bad, and so much trouble around her, all the time at any given time.

"I've just, been trying to figure my life out since it was removed. Trying to work through the person I used to be, to whatever I am now." Cora shook her head sadly, frowning deeply. "I only know that I don't really recognize the person in the mirror anymore. I'd like to. But something tells me that's going to take a little time before I adjust and get everything in my life straightened out."

"Well most people don't exactly expect you to talk about being possessed by a Sith spirit to a complete stranger, either" He remarked with a light chuckle. Her story was definitely on the odd side, but he'd heard his share of odd stories. Experienced them too. "But I've seen some karked up chit, doll. Trust me. I won't laugh. I've seen two of my best friends get married, have a child, said child be kidnapped by a Sith Lord who used Sith Alchemy to turn the kid into an adult with no memories and made them act as a weapon somehow. The female best friend then slowly went insane, and tried to bed me. And then she died. Not from trying to bed me, but just... Died. Oh and then the male best friend tried to kill me because he thought I was bedding his wife. Also they abandoned their other kid who got the short end of the stick since bad boy son was getting all the attention, and then daddy took him in, and then abandoned him again, repeat... Yeah, I've seen, and heard of some crazy chit, dear... This kind of thing is a walk in the park for me by now" He admitted with a chuckle as he took a sip.

"Sith Lords, and their minions, are chit, plain and simple. I've dealt with plenty" He remarked, letting out a sigh. That was rather casual considering he just described several years of trauma that still impact him to this day, to a completely stranger. But to be honest, he'd gotten past it. It only fuelled his efforts against the Sith further. They were monsters that needed to be dealt with. "The Sith are monsters. Simple as that. They don't care about anyone but themselves and they'll use anyone, commit any atrocity... All for power and greed. And really... I've had words with some. Power... That's all they want, majority-wise. Some want control, some want domination or destruction. But overall, they want power. They want power to be able to be better then anyone else, and take whatever it is they want."

"And hey" He remarked with a smirk toward her. "Don't worry about it. I've dealt with crazies enough that regular old vents are Fridays for me" He cracked with another chuckle. "But I do have one question..." He began, noting she'd mentioned having the spirit's memories.

"You're saying you still have that Sith Spirit's memories and experiences?" He would ask, looking at her with his expression suddenly dead serious. "Like.... All of them?" He inquired, slowly leaning in toward her, face to face, ominously. Just what did he have in mind? Did he plan to interrogate her, plan to take her away somewhere? Plan to attack?

But the moment that his nose pressed to hers, he spoke softly.

".... Were you bisexual before or after you ended up with the Sith Spirit inside of you?" He would suddenly ask, and his lips twitched into the widest, cheekiest grin as he would pull away from her and burst out into hysterical laughter. He hadn't meant any harm to her after all, the Jedi had just been playing a joke.

[member="Cora Passek"]

"I suppose that's a fair point." Though stranger things had happened in the galaxy, no one expected someone to just come out and say something like that in a bar. Cora, blamed it on the alcohol. She nodded, listening to his story. "That's, that's terrible. And seems so crazy. i'm sorry to hear it."

The girl sighed heavily, "Yeah, they are horrific. And stars know, they've been the source of so much pain in my life. I don't have a family anymore thanks to them. No parents, no siblings, no aunts or uncles, no one left but me. I'm the last of my line thanks to them." She sighed, and ran a hand through her hair, "I still don't even know exactly why they decided my entire family line needed to die. I was told betrayal, but as to what exactly, I don't know. I probably won't ever know, but I want to." She gave a shrug and returned to her drink.

Cora managed a smile, "Don't think I ever heard it quite put that way." She shook her head. "What are you, a Jedi or something?" It seemed like it. Just what he talked about, how he talked, it reminded her of Coryth from a long long time ago.

She then lifted an eyebrow as he inquired about her memories. "Yes, all of them. Every last one of them." She pulled back as he got close enough to touch his nose to hers. That was a little too close, but those words. She paused, for just a moment. Then she only said one single word in reply. "Feth!" It seemed to dawn on her that she hadn't been bisexual until that sith lord had been forced into her mind.

The Jedi shrugged in turn. "Chit happens, sweetheart. That's just how the Sith are. They don't give a damn, simple as that. No hearts... That's clear. Of course... Some have hearts. But they never last in the Sith" He remarked, and smiled sadly. "I knew a sweetheart who had one... It was veiled by her lust for power, as many Sith had. She was one of the most amazing people I knew, and all she needed to do was realize something she realized soon after we met. She didn't need that power... Everything she needed was in front of her all along. That led to her resigning, and well... Unfortunately, the Sith don't take well to resigning, it seems."

He had neglected to mention she'd been his lover.

"They took my family too. I can relate" He remarked, but didn't press any further on the subject.

Her reaction to his little prank had him laughing, hard. But her "Feth!" and the way she reacted made one thing clear - she actually was afterword. His eyes widened for a moment as he stared at her, before bursting out into uproarious laughter as he buried his face in the counter, laughing so hard he was about ready to cry from laughter. "I WAS KIDDING!" He cried out in the midst of laughter as he finally managed to sit up straight and look at her.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist the little prank. But wow oh wow" He remarked, chuckling a little more lightly now. "I was kidding, I hadn't actually been serious. But geez, he effected you that much huh?"

It was clear by his mannerisms that the man meant her no harm, and was just a laid-back, playful little jokester. The drinks probably played their part too.

[member="Cora Passek"]

She nodded, "That it does. A shame so few stand up to them and do what is right and needed to end." Hearing what he said next made her heart ache a little. It wasn't right or fair. "No, they don't. They don't take well to betrayal either, which is why my own family is gone, so I understand." She understood all too well.

Cora shook her head, not quite realizing she hadn't put that thought together before. "You may have been kidding but I hadn't thought of it. I hadn't even spent a second thinking on it." She sighed heavily, "I don't like how intertwined his thoughts and memories are with mine. It ain't right. I shouldn't ... It shouldn't be this way. But he even changed my sexuality and opened me to other things ... this is .. scary." She said sadly, clearly a bit flustered and upset. "It's clearly effected me that much, much more than I want to admit to. It's done things to me that I've not even been aware of. Makes me wonder what else his presence did to me. What else I just haven't yet noticed. And that's a train of thought that makes me most uncomfortable."

She sighed heavily, "I just, I don't want to learn by accident what is in my head. I know there is plenty of dark and evil things in there. And ... well, I've just got to figure out how to keep the two separate. I suppose that also means I've got to learn what is in there too." Her expression shifted to a much darker one at that thought. She wasn't eager for that. "And that really frightens me. I don't want to know more about him or what he's done, or what he knows. It just terrifies me. Terrifies me to learn about that, and to learn of who exactly I've become. Because I'm not the same girl I used to be. You can't share your head with a Sith Lord, and expect to be the same person on the other side of that. Those kind of things change you forever. "

"Also, you didn't answer my question about if you were a Jedi or not..." Clearly she wasn't giving up there. "You just remind me of my old friend Coryth. Which is why I asked."

"Yeah... It was hardly even betrayal either. She walked in, told one of their head honchos that her direction was going a different way from theirs, and that she was peacefully going her separate ways. They shook her hand, and she left. Next thing you know, she's pregnant and soon after she's got a lightsaber in her back" He remarked, the irritation in his voice being the hint that might shed some light on the truth of the matter.

Joshua could only chuckle as she spoke soon after, trying to take his mind off what he had said earlier. "It's scary, yeah. But at the same time, there's a chance you could take advantage of this travesty to do some good. You've likely inherited a lot of memories, but likely inherited a lot of knowledge as well. Knowledge from something very old. Is there ways you could use that to help the galaxy at all?" He would inquire. "It's a bad thing, yeah. And it's obviously changed you... In more ways then one" He remarked, a teasing glint in his voice as that half-smirk re-appeared. "But is there a way you could take advantage of that somehow, to do some good?"

He couldn't help but laugh a bit when she would press the Jedi topic. "Well..." He began as he sipped his drink. "It depends on who you ask. Here, I'm just Josh. If you ask anyone here, I'm just Josh the Naboo resident who tells good stories. Ask someone else, elsewhere in the galaxy... Well... Who knows what you'll find?"

"As well" He began, trying to formulate his words carefully. "Would her last name happen to be Elaris?" He asked. He was being careful here, he knew that Coryth valued her privacy. If this girl was friends with her, good enough, but he wouldn't say anything else if it was a different Coryth.

[member="Cora Passek"]

Cora shook her head. The Sith were, horrific and that was an understatement. "Good gods." She said a bit shocked at it all. "It's hard to believe they'd act that way but then again, they gutted my six year old sister without a second thought. If they can do that, I really don't doubt the horrors they are capable of." She sighed softly, "There's a reason I worked against them for quite some time, hitting locations here and there." She shrugged, not wanting to give more details. "Perhaps we should find some place a little more quiet, if you'd like to know details. I am not the most trusting of the patrons here."

Cora frowned deeply, looking as if she might cry for a moment. "I don't know. I don't know if I can. I ... I haven't even explored the powers I have, since learning of the Force. And I don't know if I want to go digging into the knowledge and memories he left me. What could be there, terrifies me. And I don't know that I'm strong enough for that." She shrugged again, "Sure, maybe some good can come of it. But, I've not a clue where to start there. Never mind, it means accepting that I'm the very thing I have loathed for a long time. I'm just not there yet. I'm not ready to go there, and I don't know when I will be ready for it."

She nodded, "Being a bit, coy are we?" She said with a slight smile.

Then the topic came back round to Coryth. The blonde nodded, "Indeed, it would be. I'm guessing you know her. I hope in a good way. Not in a she put a saber through your leg kind of way." Small galaxy, that was for sure.

The Jedi would wince when she brought up the six year old being slaughtered by the Sith, it was the first time she would see him truly shaken, aside from the mention of the woman who had been killed in which he'd showed his irritation while trying his best not to show his cards too openly. But children, it was hard to stomach. The Jedi shook his head at that and let out a sigh. "Many times I've thought that perhaps, if the Sith could be convinced to use their abilities to work with the other Force Users in the galaxy, they could make the galaxy a better place... But unfortunately, they're selfish and heartless. They just want to kill, to destroy, to conquer. And they will always be that way, until someone kills them all off and they're replaced with Sith who think with their hearts and not their selfish desires. But that day may never come. There will always be selfish, cruel, heartless people. And many of them will be Sith. And the cycle... Will continue on.... And on..... And on..."

He would nod when she suggested moving, and would finish his drink before ordering a few to go. He would nod again as he listened to her bring up her difficulties with this whole Sith Spirit thing. "I understand" He spoke. "I wouldn't expect you to just get up and do it. But if you ever do find a way to control it properly and find a way that it could be used for good... Well, you seem like a smart girl. Perhaps you can find a way to do it" He spoke with a small smile. To her remarks about the Jedi thing, he only smirked in turn, but said nothing more.

When it came to Coryth, he would nod. "I do" He spoke. "She's a sweetheart, when you get to know her."

[member="Cora Passek"]

Cora frowned. She'd noticed the reaction and almost felt bad for bringing it up. After all, that part of her life was long behind her, or at least she thought so. Little did she know that wasn't the case. That soon enough would come up in her life. "Heartless is an understatement. It takes a special kind of sociopath to do what they do without thought or care."

She gave a small shrug, "It'd be nice if they could actually use their powers for some good. But personally I've never had that thought or hope. It's reasons that I hunted Sith for a long time." A long sigh fell from her lips, "It of course wasn't some noble deed. No. It was simple revenge for what had been done and taken from me. I hadn't anyone left in this galaxy to guide me, and well that rage and urge for revenge drove me. Of course, I never got what I wanted out of it. It never did make me feel better, or help to fill in the hole in my heart. I wish so much it could be a different galaxy where the Sith weren't this way. Where lives mean nothing to them." Even to her, life held value, though a Sith's was worth far less than any other street scum.

"But you're right, the cycle is just going to continue. The same powers rising and falling. If you look back far enough in history you can see the same patterns there, that are now forming."

She nodded, glad he'd agreed to move to a different location, away from prying ears and eyes. "Smart, heh ... No one has called me that in a long long time. I've mostly just been a girl, a stupid girl making foolish mistakes. Mistakes I regret and that cost lives. " She sighed, slowly getting up after paying for her drinks. "Maybe I can, someday. I just don't know when that someday will be. It's a lot to come to terms with, to accept." And well she still did have said sith master locked inside a crystal that she'd one day have to deal with. Well, Mirien had it, but nonetheless it existed.

She smiled fondly at the thought of Coryth, "She really is." Cora sighed a little, "She's a good woman. She at least saw some tiny bit of decency in me. I still don't see what she saw but I suppose that's just perception. It's been ages since I last saw her. And hell she and I met when we were in our late teens. I at the wrong end of her lightsaber." Cora laughed heartily, "It's funny now how we met, thinking the other the enemy when we were both working towards the same goal that night. And both of us saved the others' life at one point or another before that night was over. Good times."

"And yet, Sith do it on a regular basis without giving a damn" He remarked quietly, shaking his head. "It takes a special kind of nerf herder to do it, and yet we have an entire organization doing it. Worse yet, they rule quite a majority of the galaxy... That's the kind of people ruling over thousands of people right now with an iron fist" He would add, and let out a sigh. "It's a travesty... And it must be absolute terror for those stuck in it. As much as I wish they would, they'll never use their powers for good. They only want for themselves, and that will never change. That's why the Jedi have to work as hard as they do. If they don't... Well, who'll keep the Sith from just taking and taking and taking... Until there's nothing left? As much as I hate to say it, common soldiers won't do it. The Sith will just cut them down without a second thought, easy peasey lemon squeezy... As though it's just a game to them" He spoke, with a sigh. He wouldn't push the idea of using her abilities for good for now, it was her choice to make. If he could put a bug in her ear, well... He'd done his job.

He smiled, as they would make preparations to move to another location. "She's a good friend, even if distrustful" He spoke. "She doesn't deserve all the chit that's happened to her."

[member="Cora Passek"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom