Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Walk Among The Roses

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps

Objective: Have fun and don't mess it up.

Omen sat down on the bench outside the massive Taanab Center for Galactic Biodiversity, his clean-shaven head looking from side to side for who he was supposed to meet, hoping she wasn't blowing him off. He had to toss a wooden puck between his hands to just calm his nerves down. Having arrived much earlier than he probably should, he was now wishing that he had arrived late and Vaux had already gone back home. He was still stunned that Vaux Gred of all people had accepted his invitation out. Mia had tried giving him dating advice last night on the phone but all he could think of is how many butterflies he felt inside his stomach.

Hopefully, Vaux wouldn't disagree with the choice of his regular armor. All he hoped is that she didn't walk up in a sundress and make him wish he had brought along a three-piece suit and the straw hat besides. Nothing could really prepare him for this. Dating and courtship weren't in the GAR manual and if it was, all it would say would be a big fat NO in bold type. All he could do was wait and hope Mig and his family just left Vaux to her own devices. The second-guessing was settling in and Leddie probably stalling by trying to get her Vaux's makeup just right was not helping his morale. All he could hope is that she would arrive soon and they could get the first date/friend get together/whatever this is out of the way for better or for worse. Otherwise, he didn't know how much his heart could take this waiting.

Last edited:
Vaux stopped speeder bike, wearing her usual flight armor minus the EVA gear. She'd kept her trayc'kal on her, like any good Mando would, but it would still be a fun time either way. She'd slowly walk up before knocking on wall near where Omen was. She noticed he was nervous and couldn't help but laugh a little as she removed her helmet.

"For a soldier you really are the nervous type."

Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen

Sergeant Omen

Omen nearly jumped off the bench when he heard Vaux's voice. To be honest, He was surprised she had actually decided to come at all. And now she was here in front of him. Just one step at a time Omen.

"Forgive me but when you're in demolitions and every move you make might cause a whole building to crash down on top of you. Sometimes I feel the same way with people too, just touch one wrong button and you're gone. Plus I've never been good at the whole "talking and making friends" concept so there is that... But enough about my loneliness. Let's head inside before the crowds get too large."

The Clone got on from his bench and gestured to the massive glass building in front of them before starting to lead the way. While traveling on the concrete path to the building's main glass doors which were already letting in a moderate-sized crowd even as it was first opening. The outside of the building had been painstakingly landscaped to show famous scenes from history using sculptures of people and topiaries as walls and furniture. There was even the "Who shot first" scene with the infamous Han Solo and Greedo with blaster bolts being exchanged under the table. The scene let the viewer decide who actually did and it really was a hard choice.

"I'll put creds it was Solo. He was one to hedge his bets and not dying to be a bounty hunter is certainly the best payment you can ever get. Just a guess."

Finding out who really shot first wasn't going to occupy them for too long though. The Trooper lead on, dodging through individuals of various species to get to the entrance before holding the door open for Vaux. What the open doorway revealed was a jungle full of flowers, bushes, trees, and other types of flora. Some were even formed their own pieces of art such as various colorful flowers forming the Rebel medal ceremony after the Battle of Yavin. The trooper guided Vaux to an open space at a balcony that layout the whole scene before them and gave her a toothy grin.

"So... Worth not getting shot at or is this not enough thrill for you? Maybe I could call up a Death Star for you to assault if this isn't fun for you."

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

Vaux just chuckled a bit, nodding as she followed Omen in. "Well hope you aren't too jumpy. I hear Taozi got her hands on a lot of... exotic creatures." As they walked, she would look at the small history exhibits, smiling a bit as Omen mused. Han definitely shot first, giving his reputation that had lasted literal centuries. She nodded a little, but seemed a lot more excited by the massive Yavin IV style jungle. She took a breath, smiling just a bit when Omen asked if he should call a Death Star to add some excitement. She nodded a little, then finally spoke up.

"Honestly, this seems great as is. Almost forgot what it's like to have some peace."

Sergeant Omen

Omen chuckled in response to her little quip. "Exotic creatures I can deal with, sentient are another thing entirely." As they rested on the rail and got the lay of the land, Omen would turn his head towards her and smile. "Besides, I have a giant Purrgil in my corner." Wait, did he just call her a giant space whale? Oh, the screaming going on in his head would have filled the entire building if he had let it out. All he could do his grin and get through the embarrassment.

He would chuckle at her comments. "A Mandolarian wanting peace, what a revelation. In all seriousness, what are your rotations? I would think Mig would need you out of a fighter more than in helping him get out all of those Ordnance cruisers to the Silver navy and other various customers at CST plus work on new starfighter designs. I heard Roon's going to come out with a Stealth fighter with 4 heavy and 4 medium lasers plus 2 proton launch tubes. Hell, even one of their new Beringr models would outdo a Viper in armament. I mean, don't get me wrong, you'll still have local militias lining up to get your product who can't get in the Enclave's exclusive club but they are still cutting into your profit margins and that's without you worrying about Bresig." Omen paused for a moment before lowering his head in apology. "Sorry, you didn't come here to talk about business. You came here for fun. What's your favorite flower if you don't mind me asking? I'm sure we can find it here."

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

Last edited:
Vaux eyed Omen after he comment, but decided not to make a major deal out of it. Especially since he started speaking her language. Fighters. He noted that the Viper possibly wasn't gonna be able to keep up with other companies' ships. She found the idea a bit funny honesty. She would quickly pull out a little holo-puck, showing a new Viper design as she smirked.

"The number of weapons isn't everything, especially since the Viper was always an interceptor. Plus stealth ships like what you're talking about cost an arm and a leg. Sure they aren't the most powerful, but I would trust a full squadron to make a difference over one ship. The big thing about Vipers, and Talons, is we can field a lot of them if needed. Plus, Aries has a tendency to make customization easy on everything CST makes."

Sergeant Omen

Omen found it hard not to chuckle. It seemed that he had struck a nerve as the Mando pilot ignored all his other questions. He could tell the pride that she had in her family's ship line but the friendly argument about seeing if they could raise their product even higher didn't hurt. "Seems like you are very passionate about this project. I wonder how many improvements you designed yourself. Though you are saying about a full squadron vs one cloaked ship may not be so true. You can't shoot or coordinate squadron tactics against something you can't see or understand. Stealth ships don't cost an arm and a leg just because of the novelty, they cost that much because they are damn effective at what they do. Each has its own pros and cons just like anything else. You either get a squadron that your opponent can see and plan against you or a single ship with a much higher purchase price and maintenance fees but you can come out of nowhere and kill your opponent before disappearing right back into the ether. Just depends on the users' circumstances. I will say your family's company is successful because it puts out a great product. Even those like myself who aren't starfighter designers can see that."

He gestured with an open hand to the stairs that lead to the Jungle floor below. "Now that we are done arguing about which piece of flying metal is better, let us see these terribly frightful creatures you mentioned before we came in here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom