Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Vessel for Kessel

Jedi were taught not to become attached to anyone or anything, but loyalty was considered an important virtue. Rosario wasn't entirely sure she understood. But friends were to be helped, that much was clear. Especially when they had found themselves on the wrong side of an underworld spat and reportedly ended up sent to Kessel as a slave bound for the spice mines. Rosario detested slavers more than anything and only ever touched spice from Ryloth, never from Kessel, as a point of principle. It wasn't right that Valen should now be there, mining the kind of tainted spice that he himself, too, had never touched (though he often claimed the opposite due to the supposedly superior quality of the Kessel product). For a moment, Rosario bathed in the glow of the memories of exciting and enjoyable experiences she had had with the boy - even though he was actually several years older than herself, she always thought of him as a boy.

The problem was that her own ship was entirely unsuited to going to Kessel. It had an outdated Commenorian registration, was by design a military transport and not a freighter, and it was not expected by anyone. She needed a more covert way to reach that planet - and then, Force willing, get off it again. Nar Kreeta was about as far as she was willing to go by herself, still in Silver Jedi space and, quite interestingly, as she had been told, less shady than it used to be. It was almost as if the local hutts were realising that there was money to be made with legitimate business - and taxation of the same. To be sure, they were still rather liberal in what they regarded as legitimate - it brought in more taxes -, but there were limits to what you could get away with these days.

In tight black trousers and a loose-fitting blouse with a pattern of yellow, red and green, the Zeltron girl looked a bit more colourful than the average spacer in the cantina, but ultimately not altogether out of place. Her lightsaber was affixed to a garter sheath on her upper thigh, hidden under the folds of the blouse's fabric, resulting in a bulge that most would mistake for a blaster or even just a purse.

Nursing a drink, she was talking in very passable Huttese and seemingly at ease, gesturing and laughing freely, to a gran, a trandoshan, and a human, making simple small talk, but showing interest in their lives - and their destinations.

[member="Jira Shav'al"]​

Jira Shav'al

J
[member="Rosario Perlyn"]​
Jira's hand covered her face, letting her eyes peek out at the screen readout between split fingers. On the screen was the list of contraband that needed to be secured in a locker and sealed by customs prior to her completing the commerce that brought her to Nar Kreeta. The list was provided to her promptly, and she was greeted by a clean looking young woman in a crisp uniform on her comms. The operations on Nar Kreeta appeared to have become quite more...civilized...since the last time she and the Violet Dawn had set down on the planet.

She wasn't a fan.

"This bantha shite is going to make my commerce all the harder to complete." She muttered to herself, though Sev twirped in response anyway. "Oh don't say that, do you know how many regs there are in legit shipping? I'd have to pay dues on all of my cargo for transshipping and handling. No thank you, I can carry the cargo to the client without having to go through intermediaries that just make things more expensive." She stopped, feeling her ranty face starting to slip into place. She blew out a breath, ignoring the laughing honks from her droid. Sev knew how to push her buttons, and took a near savage joy in doing so. She sat back in the pilots chair, slipping her feet up onto the edge of the panel before her and steepling her fingers for a moment. She had a small amount of spice that needed off loaded here, but also had a shipment to pick up that was heading back to Kessel. Both pickup and drop off were slated to happen out in the wilderness, which was lucky, but she'd need a way past the seal the customs agent was going to put on the contraband locker. "Alright, Sev, if customs comes around let them know that I am picking up some things to supplement items on the contraband list while we're here, and we'll be ready for them two stans after they show up. Then let me know when they showed up."

She got a whistle of acknowledgement in between soft honks of laughter. She couldn't help but grin, Sev always cracked himself up. Most engineers said it was a bad logic statement in the coding, but she always adamantly refused replacing it. She'd even had his whole personality matrix imaged and saved externally so she could have her droid back if anything happened to the little guy.

She stood from her chair, pulling the voidstone gunbelt she'd gotten from a former lover who left it behind after ghosting her around her hips and cinching it. She did a mildly awkward dance to get it settled correctly, then tapped her fingers on each of her weapons holstered on it in what had become a ritual before heading out. She was a slight woman, though her body was well defined and muscled people underestimated her, and she lacked the height to back people down. That was why she went everywhere fairly well armed, and the voidstone in the belt gave her an added bonus of protection against laser bat wielders.

Grabbing a spacer jacket on her way off the ship, she threw it around her shoulders and shrugged into it as she made her way from ship, through the port, to a bar she'd frequented last time she'd been here. She needed to know how far she could push things with the customs agents the SJO had put in place before she just started throwing credits and favors around.

She stepped through the door, her eyes lighting on the patrons inside. Little seemed to have changed here, all of the lights were working, but had been set to a low light level to keep the ambiance. She noted that few of the faces seemed familiar, though time could very well have caused that change as well as the Jedi. An eye brow quirked as she saw a Zeltron mingling, and she fought a grin. She, and everyone else in the galaxy, had a soft spot for Zeltrons. For Jira, she always felt memories surfacing when she saw one, and they were rarely bad memories.

Letting her eyes slide off of the Zeltron, she sidled up to the bar and flashed a sign at the only familiar face in the place, the bartender. He nodded to her, and she sat on a stool and waited for him to make his way down to her.

When Rosario's eyes, darting around during the conversation, by accident and only a brief moment, met those of a Mirialan woman who had just entered, a smile instinctively flared up on her face, only to disappear the next moment when her attention turned elsewhere again.

The trandoshan had a scheduled appointment at a customs office about some article or other and took his leave on the grounds of its imminence. Rosario took this as a welcome excuse to extract herself from the company, as she did not find these people all that interesting and none of them was going in a direction that would have been of help to her. When she did so, she noticed the small pang of pain, invisible to anyone else, experienced by the human man, who had been trying to enlighten his interlocutors about the new economics of Nar Kreeta. It always made Rosario a little sad to be a cause of pain for others in a way that seemed to be inextricably linked to her ability to give them pleasure.

Finding that her glass was now empty was a welcome excuse for Rosario to stroll up to the bar, where she found sitting the Mirialan woman whom she had only half-consciously perceived earlier. She was of similar height and build as the Zeltron, and while noticeably older than herself, Rosario found that she had a pretty face. She sat down next to the woman, glanced briefly at the bartender to establish eye contact, but then turned to her new neighbour with a warm smile and addressed her in a Galactic Basic that had a surprising, unaffected Corellian accent. "Say, what do these mean?" - she made a gesture with her free hand vaguely pointing at the woman's face - "I've always wanted to ask someone!" she inquired innocently and with unveiled curiosity, not even bothering with a greeting or introduction, and completely oblivious to the possibly indiscrete nature of her question.

[member="Jira Shav'al"]​

Jira Shav'al

J
Jira felt someone grab the stool next to hers and sit, a skill she'd picked up from time spent in crowded bars. She didn't immediately feel a hand going for the softer portions of her body, so her hands never drifted to her weapons. Her eyes did widen slightly as she saw the Zeltron smiling at her. She had the an expressive face, and radiated interest even though Jira wasn't saying anything yet. She couldn't help but smile back, and she followed the smile up with a turn of her stool to face the Zeltron full on.

Rosario Perlyn said:
"Say, what do these mean?" - she made a gesture with her free hand vaguely pointing at the woman's face - "I've always wanted to ask someone!" she inquired innocently and with unveiled curiosity, not even bothering with a greeting or introduction, and completely oblivious to the possibly indiscrete nature of her question.

Jira was never the type of person anyone would describe as discrete, or shy, or prone to shame or guilt. She wasn't quite a hedonist, but probably fit closest to that mindset. Her smile turned into a soft chuckle as she opened her mouth and her eyes looked into the Zeltrons.

"In my culture they are physical reminders of the significant events in our lives or tests we've completed." She replied, her voice a decidedly Coruscanti accent. "The various shapes and sets of shapes have specific meanings, though I'm not sure anyone has them all memorized."

She glanced over her shoulder towards the bartender, then turned toward her companion again. Her body seemed to melt into her seat, leaning on the bar with her head resting on her hand.

"They are also placed on specific parts of the body to depict various levels of importance and sensitivity of the event." She smirked a moment, then smiled more widely. "They also help draw in interesting people and act as an easy ice breaker for conversation." She winked at the Zeltron and held out her hand. "Jira."

Rosario laughed merrily. "I see! You are a cunning people", she said, grinning widely. "I'm Rosario." She took the hand offered and pressed it more than she shook it.

"You mean you have these... everywhere?" said Rosario pensively, her index finger starting pointing at Jira's face and wandering downwards, and her imagination following.

The bartender finally arrived and Rosario addressed him in Huttese asking for Twi'lek liquor, then looked expectantly at Jira. "It's green, kind of like you", she remarked, as if by way of explanation.

While the barkeeper was preparing the order, she asked: "So if I were Mirialan, what would those on your face tell me about you, Jira?"

[member="Jira Shav'al"]​

Jira Shav'al

J
"Greysdale Mead, if you please." She said to the bartender. She wouldn't be able to drill him for information while entertaining the Zeltron, but business didn't always need to come before pleasure. Jira turned back to her new companion with a smile.

Rosario Perlyn said:
"So if I were Mirialan, what would those on your face tell me about you, Jira?"

She looks over the bartenders shoulder at the mirror behind it, letting her eyes trace over the geometric shapes that adorn her face. Then she once again turned back to Rosario.

"These," she indicates the shapes on her brow, "are for coming of age. In my families tradition piloting is important, so it tells of the first time I plotted and flew our freighter from Coruscant to Anderahl." She pauses for a moment, looking into Rosario's eyes, then indicates the line of shapes descending from her lower lip. "These tell of the first time I took a life. It was in self defense, and defense of my mother." She trailed off, not really sure what to say of the story. Muggings, murders, and worse happen every day across the galaxy. She just happened to be able to stop one, but it was an event that left an indelible mark on her, and why she insisted on being so well armed.

She cleared her throat, and the smile that had slid away in memory reappeared.

"We wear those events we deem to be important for others to know on our face, though most people have little to no idea what they mean. They mostly just want to know how far down they'd have to go to see more." She winked at the Zeltron playfully letting her eyes drift down Rosario's body for a moment to make it known the feeling was mutual, then goes ahead and changes the subject with a wry smirk. "What brings you out here?"

"Oh..." said Rosario pensively, as if mulling over what Jira had told her. "The shapes say it was self-defence, too, right?" she eventually asked with some concern.

"Well..." The girl seemed hesitant and looked at her glass for a moment, but eventually raised her eyes to Jira's. Something in the woman made her want to trust her and be direct. "I need to go to Kessel." She raised her glass and took a sip, hastily as if something to say had occurred to her in the middle of it. "No, not to buy stuff."

[member="Jira Shav'al"]​

Jira Shav'al

J

Rosario Perlyn said:
"The shapes say it was self-defence, too, right?"

Jira shrugged noncommittally. "No, they don't have that kind of nuance. One of the reasons I wear that one on my face, so I remember it and then can explain it."

Rosario Perlyn said:
"Well..." The girl seemed hesitant and looked at her glass for a moment, but eventually raised her eyes to Jira's. Something in the woman made her want to trust her and be direct. "I need to go to Kessel." She raised her glass and took a sip, hastily as if something to say had occurred to her in the middle of it. "No, not to buy stuff."

'Kessel, eh. That sure is convenient. Might just be able to pull this off.' She thought to herself, quirking an eyebrow at the Zeltron. She continued verbally. "You're looking for a ride, as it were?" She couldn't help continuing to flirt, even as business seemed to be getting back on track. "I think I may be able to help with that."

She drummed her fingers on the counter, and smirked as the bartender brought their drinks. She crooked a finger to the bartender and leaned forward to ask a question and listen to the answer. She nodded a bit, then smirked and sat back down fully. She'd learned what she needed to know, the name of a supervisor that was willing to be greased, figuratively, to sign off on things without asking the requisite questions.

"Yeah, I think I may be able to help with that...assuming you aren't too choosy about how you get to Kessel..."

Rosario couldn't help but wonder whether tattooing 'I killed a person' on your face without explanation was truly a good idea, or whether a nice person would do that. But maybe here in the Outer Rim it helped - what did she know. And anyway it was too much to think about now.

She tilted her head when Jira whispered to the barkeeper and strained her ears, but she couldn't quite make out the words and couldn't make sense of what she did overhear. Jira was met with an expectant and inquisitive look, but Rosario didn't dare say anything.

The woman's last question seemed to intimidate her a bit, and she hesitated for a moment. "Well, not as a slave, or in carbonite, or tied up... That won't do", she said, apparently a bit confused and skeptical.

[member="Jira Shav'al"]​

Jira Shav'al

J
"I'm no slaver, Rosario. We cross paths with one and our trip will be a bit delayed, I do not truck with slavers." Her voice grew warm with what could be described as anger, though it was obvious that it was not directed at Rosario. She could tell her tone and bravado were not to her companions liking, and a part of her wished she could switch it off like a light switch. She had a history, and that made it difficult to interact with people sometimes. "No, I'm a purveyor of illicit goods, you could call it." She said softly, so her voice did not carry. "You would not be in carbonite, nor chains. I've got empty cabins on the Violet Dawn, you would have your pick. Just, I'd need to pick up some cargo in that direction."

She refrained from stating that she had cargo already lined up to go in that direction. She didn't want to seem over eager to have the company.

To tell true, she rarely liked to have company on her ship. Aside from her, the ship was crewed with droids so she didn't have to deal with many people. Scars ran deep from a past truly lived, and a droid never set up to harm her nor take her things without being ordered by an organic. Still, the Zeltron needing to go in that direction was fortuitous.

'And who knows, maybe this time company could be fun to have...' She thought to herself.

"Oh. Good!" Rosario grinned, her mood brightening as quickly as it had dulled. She took another sip from her drink and watched Jira over the edge of her glass. No, there was no deceit or malice on this woman's mind. Rosario had noticed how she had perked up at the idea of taking Rosario with her, and now, upon inspection, the little Zeltron was quite sure that it had been merely the bud of genuine joy.

"Of course, I wouldn't ask you to go on my account alone. Also, I can help a bit, maybe. I know my way around a ship, I have my own to take care of, just... not here." That was an innocent lie insofar as her ship was, in fact, on Nar Kreeta, but it wasn't present or available in this situation, as it were. Rosario thought nothing of it. But somehow it seemed unlikely that this lady would need help with anything - not with her ship, or with defending it, or just dealing with people. She knew how to handle herself and she was nice, so what ill could befall her?

"Why, this is wonderful, I'm so lucky I met you!" concluded Rosario with a beaming smile. "When do we set off?"

[member="Jira Shav'al"]​

Jira Shav'al

J
Jira smiled at the emotional whiplash that brought the Zeltron's smile back in full force. No matter what else happened on the voyage, it would not be a dull trip. And while watching the stars pass from the cockpit never lost it's beauty, having someone other than Lookie to talk to would definitely be a boon.

Rosario Perlyn said:
"Of course, I wouldn't ask you to go on my account alone. Also, I can help a bit, maybe. I know my way around a ship, I have my own to take care of, just... not here."
"No worries on that account, I know of a delivery that needs to be made to certain people on Kessel. This trip can get us both there with business to handle." She smiled. All she needed now was to do the swap. She'd need to take the mule out for about an hour to do so, and she should be fueled and ready to go by that point. She could dump her legitimate goods on a broker, she'd lose some of the profit from them, but there wasn't all that much there anyway.

Rosario Perlyn said:
"Why, this is wonderful, I'm so lucky I met you!" concluded Rosario with a beaming smile. "When do we set off?"

Rosario's happiness was infectious, and Jira could feel her smile widen in response.

"I need to make a swap of some cargo just outside the city, grab the delivery for Kessel. I think I saw some goods aimed at Honoghr as well, which is a short jump from Kessel." And a convinient shadow port where she could offload if she ended up needing to, or laying low if she crossed too many people getting to Kessel. "I can probably make lift-off happen in two standard hours. Do you have anything you need to take care of in town, I can hold off for as long as you need."

"Oh, brilliant! I'll just fetch my things, then. But... let's not waste these", she said, and, winking, touched her glass to Jira's before taking a sip.

"Do you often taken people with you? It must be lonely otherwise. Or do you have more crew members to keep you company?" It was only the first of many questions that Rosario would ask about her life and origins, so many, in fact, that Jira would find it difficult to learn much about her prospective travel companion in turn. The little Zeltron received all of this with a heart-warming, naive curiosity, as if she found this Mirialan woman the most fascinating person in the world right now and her life the most fantastic tale.

***​

A little while later, Rosario was walking up to the Violet Dawn with an oddly serious expression, her previous colourful top replaced by a simple beige tunic, a small cloth shoulder bag of indistinct colour hanging by her side. Rosario scurried up the ram and looked around. "Jira... ?" she called out after a moment's hesitation.

[member="Jira Shav'al"]​

Jira Shav'al

J
"Right!" She said with a grin. She took a quick sip of her drink, then a slightly longer one.

Rosario Perlyn said:
"Do you often taken people with you? It must be lonely otherwise. Or do you have more crew members to keep you company?"
"Not really. I will from time to time, but it has to be the right people at the right time." She said, smiling a bit more and winking at Rosario. "I have a few droids that help me keep up the ship, and such. Otherwise I haven't needed crew." She felt the urge to giggle slightly, and took another sip of her drink. "We're berthed in Atrium Aleph, Bay 3. For when we've finished with these and you grab your gear."

***​

Rosario Perlyn said:
"Jira... ?"

A hovercar outfitted to carry cargo zoomed into the bay from a larger entrance, banked and stopped in front of the Violet Dawn. Jira stepped down from the mule, and smiled over at Rosario, not noticing the more serious expression at first.

"Welcome to the Violet Dawn, Rosario. Are you ready to get going?"

"Ah, there you are!" exclaimed Rosario, her expression brightening. "Thank you. I am, yes, Where do I... put my stuff and... myself? Do you need any more time? Don't hurry!"

An astromech droid game to greet them in the cargo bay, beeping vividly and, to Rosario, meaninglessly. "Uhm... Hello", she said hesitantly, clearly at a loss as to how to interact with this... thing. Droids were so odd, they had no faced, no body language, and they didn't feel like anything. And yet so many people treated them like companions, colleagues, or pets. How was that supposed to work? Was everyone as opaque to them as a droid was to her? Then how did they ever interact with anyone else? Or maybe that explained why most people were so bad at it. Why they all constantly misunderstood each other, didn't care for each other, hated each other.

Rosario wrapped one arm around her body and unconsciously moved a bit closer to Jira.

[member="Jira Shav'al"]​

Jira Shav'al

J

Rosario Perlyn said:
"Ah, there you are!" exclaimed Rosario, her expression brightening. "Thank you. I am, yes, Where do I... put my stuff and... myself? Do you need any more time? Don't hurry!"

"Nope, I have the last of the supplies on the mule here. Just let me get them loaded, and..." She trailed off as Sev rolled down the ramp, beeping and squeaking. "Hey Sev, yeah, haul this in and lock it down."

Rosario Perlyn said:
"Uhm... Hello"
She stepped away as the droid rolled over to the mule and hooked a line to it, then began to pull it back up the ramp.

"That's Sev, he's my main droid. Keeps us flying and breathing." She quirked an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. Some people had issues with droids, and Jira respected that even if she didn't quite understand it.

"As for where you will be staying, come aboard and let me know which room you'd like. The droids recharge stations are in the engineering bay, which leaves everything other than the captains quarters as free." She motioned for Rosario to follow her up the ramp. "Need me to grab anything for you?"

Once in the ship, Jira would show Rosario the cargo bay, which they walked into and was full of supply crates, and then up a ladder and through a hatch into the recreation area. Forward of there were three doors to quarters, and then the cockpit. Jira would motion to the door on the port side of the ship, naming it as her quarters, and then motion to the two starboard side rooms as free.

Rosario just shook her head to indicate that there wasn't anything to carry. A streak of wavy hair that landed in her face was simply left there. She looked around in a lively manner as Jira led her through the ship, as if she wanted to take in every detail of it, often leaning forwards or backwards to catch a glimpse here and there. This Zeltron was not a picture of elegance by any means. And yet the way in which she seemed incredibly connected with her body as she used it in her slightly unusual ways gave her an air of sensuality.

"Thank you!" said Rosario, and smiled. She moved towards her room, then stopped for a moment as if to think, and turned around to Jira. "I'll need to... meditate for a while", she said, as if to apologise for it. Then her expression brightened again. "I'll keep you company afterwards, alright? That is, if you want company."

There truly wasn't much to do before Rosario could consider herself settled in the cabin, and soon enough, with the door closed, she sat cross-legged on the bed, her hands lying in her lap, and watched her reality transform. As she concentrated on her own bodily sensations, her body felt as if it dissolved into a vibrating flow of energy and her mind was flooded with a feeling light and warmth. She noticed the changes in gravity and acceleration as the ship took off, but they were very distant events to be briefly noted and ignored. Rosario was ridiculously happy - and dissatisfied. Her Master had taught her that this was not a state to abide in no matter how pleasant it was, that one needed to see further. See through the gaps in the vibrations. Rosario had once, very briefly, managed to reach the stage that was probably meant by that, in which the vibrations suddenly quietened down and in this quiet, her attention had been broad and wide and she had been aware of everything that had been going on inside and outside her in the vicinity, as if at the same time. But after this one brief time, she had not managed to reach this state again. She knew that her frustration and disappointed, absurdly coexisting with bliss, were not helpful, but didn't know how to proceed. Eventually, she just decided to indulge and enjoy the bliss and rapture of this state...

***​

It was only a few hours later that Rosario finally emerged and entered the cockpit with a happy, dreamy smile on her face. Without any shyness, the went up to the pilot's seat and briefly hugged Jira from behind. For a moment, she lay her head on top of Jira's, looking out the window, then she let go of her and looked out the other side into the familiar blue swirl of hyperspace. She didn't feel the need to say anything. The warmth and goodwill positively radiating from her was palpable. She seemed thoroughly, indeed unnaturally, at easy.

[member="Jira Shav'al"]​

Jira Shav'al

J
"Go right ahead, you've got the run of the ship." Jira replied to the comment about meditation. She didn't personally take to the practice, but had nothing against it. "I'll likely be in the cockpit, feel free to grab the copilots chair if you'd like."

She watched as Rosario stepped into the room she claimed, then turned to the cockpit as she shrugged out of her jacket and slung it across the back of her seat. She then removed her gun belt and hung it on a peg on the wall next to her seat. She then slid into the seat and began the process of getting power to the engines, and prepping everything for spaceflight.

"Hey Sev, did you get those crates tied down?" She yelled over her shoulders. She knew she didn't have to worry about breaking her companions concentration. The rooms were sound proof. It seemed like a prudent step to take.

Jira received a series of bloops and whistles, and she chuckled as she flipped switches that sealed the cargo bay and got them prepped for flight. She dickered shortly with the traffic control, though as far as they were aware her commerce was being handled through a broker, so there wasn't any reason to ground her.

She eventually got them lifted off and headed for the edge of the atmosphere, and from there towards hyperspace.

***​
Jira heard someone stepping into the cockpit and opened her mouth to say a greeting when arms encircled her from behind. She stiffened for a moment, her mind cursing itself for her leaving all of her weapons on the peg. After a brief moment her heart slowed and she breathed again. She physically relaxed herself, and sat back from the controls a bit. She remained silent through the beginning of the hug.

"Well hello." She said finally, a smile on her voice and her face. "How was your meditation?"

Rosario had noticed Jira's tensing up as a first response to the touch, it wasn't uncommon and usually went away quickly, as it did this time. It was mildly sad, but she had long ago learnt not to be put off balance by it and shy away, but simply push through it.

When Jira spoke, she turned towards her with a smile, and shrugged. "It was nice."

Her attention was finally attracted by the buttons and consoles of the cockpit, and she started at them intently for some moments as if to figure out how they were arranged and belonged together. "When we arrive on Kessel", she suddenly said solemnly and somehow off-topic, "let me just slip out quietly. I won't say I came with you." Rosario turned her head to give her a brief, serious look.

[member="Jira Shav'al"]​

Jira Shav'al

J

Jira Shav'al said:
"How was your meditation?"
Rosario Perlyn said:
"It was nice."
Jira nodded as her eyes roamed over the boards before her, and she made slight adjustments here and there before sitting back again.

Rosario Perlyn said:
"When we arrive on Kessel", she suddenly said solemnly and somehow off-topic, "let me just slip out quietly. I won't say I came with you."
Her eyebrow rose slightly, and she took a quick glance at her instruments before turning and looking at the Zeltron.

"We've got a little while before we get there. Do you wanna tell me why you want this to be a one way trip?" It was the only assumption she could make, as once split up Jira couldn't exactly just go wandering around Kessel looking for her companion. Not that Rosario could know that Jira was only allowed onto the planet at all because she was good at her job of delivering supplies, and someone in the resistance on planet greased enough wheels to get the death penalty lifted. In her extreme youth, she had been captured on a slave raid, one meant to free the slaves working the mines. Since then, she'd been smuggling weapons, medicine, and food to the resistance while delivering almost the same to the mine. The weapons may have had a bit more wear on them some times, when going to the mines, but they really couldn't blame her if the weapons misfired more quickly than anticipated, but still weeks or months after delivery. She didn't do as much to help the slaves or resistance as she'd have liked, but it kept her flying and helping. A Compromise. "I can possibly help you with...whatever it is you're doing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom