Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A United Front - Emergency Holo Conference

Alndys

Mercenary, Artist.
At least [member="Danger Arceneau"] seemed to agree with him - for the most part. Making an argument like Aldiel's to a crowd like this one was not an easy gig by any measure, but it wasn't like he could stop arguing it. What he saw as right was worth yelling for.

"Annihilation? Strike teams?" Aldiel asked, ripping his hat off so he could throw it off-screen. "These clones are not living weapons, they are people, my friends! Living, breathing, enslaved people - and we are not at war!" The slender man threw an uneasy look about the room before placing a narrow hand over his heart. "At least I should HOPE that we are not! Throw aside your thoughts of slaughtering thousands, or worse yet, leaving them in subjugation merely to obtain a tactical advantage. From there, it is a slippery slope to burning cities to prevent militias and holdouts, or glassing continents to ensure you've frightened your victims enough." Aldiel was soft-spoken, and his voice wore a snarl about as well as a bantha wore a bikini - but that didn't stop him from snarling. Thankfully he was much more adept with a glare.

"The enemy of our oppressor is not our ally, good people, and there are few worse bedfellows than a man who marches off to war at the first chance. That is a promise I make from experience." The snarl was drawn back, and if anything, Aldiel looked apologetic for the lapse in his generally even temperament. "If there is a way to force the Republic down without bloodshed, then it is our duty to do so - not for the corrupt senate or it's insane leadership who, I agree, must face trial. But for the people who have been punished enough by endless war and insanity! If it is within our ability to bring down the Republic's leadership without mustering troops - by way of siege, propaganda, or even an assassin's knife, then we must!"

Aldiel frowned and spread his hands slightly at his side, a Lorrdian's plea. "Please, I know that there must be justice taken - but let us administer justice as the civilized, if not well-meaning, businessmen we are... not as warlords. The Senate, and the people who they've put in charge, may not care a whit for the lives of the Republic citizens they rule over, but we must be better than they are. Claiming assets and a right to blood is their way, not ours. Throwing away lives and money to make a point is their weapon, but we are not so limited!" He argued passionately.

"If this coalition goes to a military option, than it does so without Silk Holdings." Aldiel promised, winding down. He settled back into his seat and held out a hand, into which some dutiful assistant placed his hat. "Consider it our stated priority to minimize the loss of life on both sides of this conflict, and secondary to that, obtaining fair reimbursement and justice for the goods stolen and lives taken from ATC - and moving forward, other victims of Radical nationalism. Good people, what we do next will polish or stain our reputations for hundreds of years into the future - and if nothing else, consider the impact that will have upon your bottom lines."

93bf91ad32c5f6969bd5b2118b34e282.png

OUTER RIM TERRITORIES
ELYSIUM STATION
Danger's and Alric's personal office

Several holographic screens panned in a 180 degree view, and Danger’s eyes would drift from one speaker to the next and Danger took every point into consideration.

This was after all, a precedent that would affect them all. How they as a collective acted in turn to such an event and attack upon the free market would reflect on potential future scenarios and how they may deal with those then.

And some are more bloodthirsty than others… she mused to herself, pensive as her nails gave a light rap upon the polished surface of the Kriin-wood desk. If there was anything she learned throughout her tenure as the President of Arceneau Trade Company and maintaining that balance of neutrality, was that reputation was key. A good reputation had weight. It meant clout. It left venues of open possibilities and beneficial arrangements.

Whatever has happened, those involved in Free market were drawn into the fray one way or another. Be it by the evacuation and humanitarian efforts, the loss of assets, or the potential backlash of the trade routes within Republic territory. How they handled this would be pertinent not only to the perception of the Republic citizen, the Senate, but the entire galaxy.

After a moment, Danger’s holographic image would flicker upon the array.

“Mistah [member="Aldiel D'Lessio"] has a very valid point ladies and gentlebeings,” granted, it may not hold as much truth to their darker prone counterparts, but the point was there. “Our reputation is key, not only for the common capitalist, but to our customers and the ‘Verse at large.” granted, some used other unsavory means, but kept it hidden in the dark.

A quick tap of her finger would broadcast the ongoing attack on the Republic capital by the Techno Union and the One Sith.

“Reports state the the bulk of the clone army is already at the Prime Minister's side at the Republic Capital, this can be verified by several of our agents from our wide range of sources. With that information, along with verification of Garter’s codes, we can at the very least do the following.”

The holographic displays would change, and with it came the blueprints of Spaarti Creation’s facilities given to her by Garter and cross referenced by independent sources. “We can seize Spaarti Creation’s main cloning facility and bring it under our purview right now in the midst of the One Sith and Techno union’s clash with Lasardi’s clone army. With the bulk of it at her side, we can utilize that distraction to strike quickly and disable the remainder via the chips. At the very least, placing a halt on any current cloning project aimed to reinforce that clone army.”

“In the meantime, the rest of our efforts will be placed in humanitarian aide, the securing of the bordering trade routes at the edge of Republic territory for refugees. I’ll then personally work towards finding a measure of fair reimbursement, representation, and justice for the victims of the Radical nationalism. If the news reports are true, then bordering republic military is already enroute to the capitol to take care of the poison in the well. ”

“However, I cannot do this alone.” Her eyes would flicker over towards the Silk Holding’s representative, and her shoulders would straighten as she would ask the following question,” Mistah D’lessio, your console would be most appreciated when discussing with Republic leadership. Your suggestion carries merit, and would allow the best overall outcome for our present situation.”

A pause. Then she continued.

“Perhaps this could very well be the start of a loose corporate alliance to ensure a galactic range of influence for the preservation of the free market…”

...or maybe something more?

----------------

If i didn't tag you and you wish to join please contact in this thread icly [member="Aeri Vyn"] to get directed into the conference call.
[member="Popo"] [member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Uriel Escria"] [member="Ordon Trozky"] [member="Captain Larraq"] [member="Gerion Ardik"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Cryax Bane"] [member="Rayl Wilded"] [member="Irys Arist'lar"] [member="Darell Irani"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="James Justice"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Lorelei Darke"] [member="Krenis Skirata"] [member="Aldiel D'Lessio"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Alric Kuhn"] [member="Akatan Adasca"] [member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] [member="Selka Ventus"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Darcy Sixsmith"] [member="Hion the Herglic"] [member="Sasha Santhe"] [member="Marcus Itera"] [member="Kelly Perris"] [member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"] [member="Isis Varida"] [member="Hestan Kantrael"] [member="Cameron Centurion"] [member="Amarant"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Xander Black"] [member="Laguz Vald"] [member="Lisette Kuhn"] [member="Lord Mythos"] [member="Rusty"] [member="Ayden Cater"] [member="Hestan Kantrael"] [member="Yusan Fenn"]

Edwin couldn't help but lay his head upon the wooden desk. They had just discussed the matter of morality, and how it could potentially bring this entire effort to an end. It seemed as if these words completely bypassed the businessman, dead-set on avoiding any and all potential bloodshed. Following a moment of wheezing and heavy breath, the CEO of Czerka Arms rose up, and began speaking in a calm, yet slightly impatient tone.

"While I'm sure all of us agree that unnecessary bloodshed should be avoided if possible, and while I understand the concerns for civilian lives, you cannot truly mean to save the life of every single Republic trooper. Save the troops? They are bent to obedience! They obey the Prime Minister, and will stop at nothing to protect her insanity-driven existence!" Edwin took a deep breath, face buried into his palm.

"The clone army, which, by the way, consists of millions of troops, is the only thing standing between us and the Prime Minister. They are manipulated, forced into service. They are bred for war. So either we perform surgery on every single one, which may or may not work, by the way, or we fight them. While I would very much like to avoid both scenarios, I'd say the latter is much more risk-free.

We cannot simply lay siege to cities, spread propaganda to the oppressed, or assassinate the tyrant, without facing the clone army. If we are to dispose of this corrupt political figure, we cannot avoid a fight. She won't simply allow herself to be assassinated, she'll be protected, constantly, without pause. By whom? The clone army, of course! That is why bloodshed is inevitable. This is not about justice, this is not about hate. It is simply the only way.

I am not implying we should go to war with the clone army. As I have stated before, they are none of our concern, let the One Sith deal with them. Still, we must face the fact that there will be aggressive engagements between our forces and the clone army, whether we like it or not."

Edwin paused to listen to their host's words. He was rather disappointed by her speech, but a mere disagreement wasn't worth leaving this effort entirely. Instead, he let out a sigh, and gazed the holographic representation directly into the eye.

"Your word is absolute... Still, I urge you to consider our words. How do we know these chips will even make a difference? The Republic troops are, as it has been stated before, likely indoctrinated, and taught obedience even without the chips! If it goes hand-in-hand with seizing the cloning facility, then by all means, let us attempt this course of action, but if any clone but raises his weapon against me or any of those gathered here... I will order my droids to fire at will.

Let us set a rallying point then. Let us assign our roles. I, for one, shall join the effort to disable the cloning facility. I cannot offer ships, and will instead support our cause with an elite infantry company. Unless you need me elsewhere, of course."

@Danger Arcenau
Hell, that was about time! Hestan shifted into his pilot's seat, tapping nervously on an unpowered console while he checked the hyperdrive's generatore fuel levels for the next jump. It appeared he would have needed it very soon.
He had told them, they did not listen. He had told them again, only the head mistress of Arcenau had. But that was as good a start as any, was it not? Hestan could not offer troops, mechanised divisions, starfleets and so on. But he had already stated he could put discretion on the plate.
That was something that assembly had not considered enough for his liking.

I have a ship. I cannot ferry people, but cargo, and you have places to go. There you go. You can dally around laying down the big strategics and politics while actual people do actual things.
You want something discretely brought somewhere? I can. You want something discretely taken from somewhere? I can ferry a small spec ops team there. You want somewhere charted? I can.

Just start doing stuff, already! As long as there is still stuff that can be done.

People... They were people, were they? This actually broke Uriel/Ostanes' stoic nature for a moment, a wry smile twisting his features as the man from Silk spoke his piece. Bred in tanks, raised and indoctrinated and trained for but one purpose. Cybernetics reinforced to that one purpose with these chips. Were they really people, or were they in reality that much different than say, a blaster, or suit of armor? What about droids? When they were neurally linked, or given the absence of memory wipes, they developed personality, quirks all of their own. Were these clones really any different?

What caused him amusement at first was rapidly becoming a question of morality, and those weren't questions he cared much for. As an Alchemist, such questions caused quite a bit of uncomfortable self-recrimination and examination. Neither of which ever ended well in his past experience. Regardless, as he sat in the resplendent office, the speech of the man from Silk Holdings faded to a drone as he experienced a rare moment of clarity. Though he didn't know it, this would become a pivot point later for him. At the least, his eyes found the two qo'saarai tuk'ata in front of him, his ever present guards. How often had he found them speaking to each other? Found them playing some sort of card game or dice game whilst he wrote notes late into the night. Were they mere bits of property?

Finally, he nodded to Danger, and smiled.

"I meant strike teams less in terms of murdering everyone present, and more of a small elite insertion force to accomplish the goals of this Conference in whatever way possible. With minimum mass expenditure and troop involvement. Five or ten men covered in cloaks of nunn with taozin amulets will be virtually undetectable. They can be in and about their business, and out, before most even knew they had begun. In fact, I have some qo'saarai tu'kata that might fit that bill.. My predecessor made them and left them to their own devices, which has been problematic at best.. .A purposeful direction for them might be handy. That might fit with what you want, Miss Arceneau. While the humanity of purpose-bred clones might be up for debate in a few eyes, the appearance of brutality and how it will affect our profits can not be. If for no other reason than that, really, we probably should tread lightly.

For certain, if they raise arms.. Then they should be dealt with... But, until that point, let the One Sith wast munitions and lives against their might. If nothing else, two rather nagging issues will weaken themselves by weakening the other, and all we stand from that is gain, no? A weakened One Sith and a weakened Republic are things that are not unfavorable to this group. What that might mean for us is a topic for another day, I digress, but capturing the Cloning facility to prevent reinforcement is a wise first step, along with securing our assets and employees."

James listened on with a sigh. Idealism was just that--ideal. He had rarely ever seen it do much to give bread for the starving or homes for the homeless. They were misguided like Jedi but we'll meaning. For that he would forebear ideas of a bloodless resistance.

"I promise ye Justice Shipping will be helping to garner back every bit of what was stolen from ye, we are in works for doing so," he began. "If ye would like our assistance I be asking ye to not ask me how we done it. I promise ye we won't shed any innocent blood neither," he added giving the present Sith lords a glance. He paused before bringing up his second subject, "we also be in the beginnings of a few humanitarian projects to give relief to the oppressed. Obviously all who be interested may assist--guards will be assifend to prevent looting and of course, the clones who be wanting to take what we be giving the common man."

He took a long, savory drag on his cigarette. "As I stated before me fleet be at the service to assist in anyway ye be needing. For freedom. For the people."

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
[member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Yusan Fenn"] [member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"] [member="Aldiel D'Lessio"] [member="James Justice"] [member="Gerion Ardik"] [member="Hestan Kantrael"] [member="Uriel Escria"] [member="Popo"] [member="James Justice"]

Honestly, this was getting messy and dull. Even with Danger's proposal, there was a mess or two here. A massive mess. So many disaparate people. Warriors and heroes. Soldiers and Senators. Arms dealers and compassionate magnates, politically minded manipulators....it was a crew too diverse to unify. Wait, of course. Separation of labor, duh.

Amaranth cleared her throat rather loudly. "My Fellow Sapients," she said calmly. "It is obvious that we each are here for our own methods, our own ideals, and our own pretenses. However, we do seem to agree on the necessity of one target--Genevieve Lasedri and her clone army--and one possible avenue for peace--the Senators in exile. Less us then, each separate our tasks to what we are best suited to."

She addressed each of them in turn. "D'lessio, Lady Arceneau, you will commence negotiations with the reamining Senators in Exile. Senator Fenn, you will inform the other senators of this meeting, and make arrangements there with. While there can and should be peace between the republic and our little Council here," she said in a soft, almost encouraging voice, like a nurse to a severely unwell patient "That peace will be predicated on specific policies that ensure this lunacy doesn't end up getting millions of people nearly killed again."

She then turned to Gerion and Edwin--two strange men with impressive fashion sense, monopolisitc greed and a love for hi-tech weaponry. She'sd probably ask Gerion out to dinner, if she weren't self-conscious about his hair being better than hers. Then there was Asriel--he was hard to read. Akure was one of thsoe strange companies that dealt mostly with forcers and lost sector people. "Meanwhile, several of you have expressed interest in shutting down the cloning facility and disrupting that arm of the threat. So be it. Droids, guns, stealth troops, whatever you can get on a ship quickly, do it and enter in the manifest. Hestan," she said with a nod to the spacer, "You can move cargo, droids are cargo, get 'em to the planet of Cartao. Turn 'em on. The battle droids should be able to handle the rest. Talk with Mr. Ardik, Mr. Finbur, and Mr. Escria," she paused, admittedly unsure if she got his name right for a moment until he nodded his attention, "for specifics on tonnage and weapon loadouts. Move quickly on that front, as we cannot afford to leave these cloens ramapging across the galaxy. After the success of that operation, we will sue strategic data gathered to discuss further action and or containment," she said calmly.

"D'lessio, I agree that peace isn't a bad stratagem, but a legal framework needs to happen. This council will be holding tribunals to charge responsible parties in this mess. Also, there is going to be a permanent discontinuation of the creation of clone soldiers in the Republic. Those are terms that will be dictated to the new Republic's government. If they do not acquiesce, then we will begin with economic sanctions and blockades, and then it will get worse," she picked a cigar off her desk, not yet lighting it. "Since you desire peace more earnestly than many here, I suggest you make the price of said peace as palatable as possible to them. That is in your best interest." First rule of delegation--invest people in the work they are doing.

"Mythos, as you are here primarily to represent the interests of the One Sith, I applaud your willingness to discuss these matters with us. However, since you have already decided to ignore our judgement on military matters, I provide with a reality. Should you wish to aid us in the assault on the cloning facilities on Cartao, you are welcome to do so. However, engagement of civilian targets without cause will not be tolerated, and apprehending you as an example to other Sith elements is not outside my current list of possibilities. The decision to engage at all, of course, remains with you. But if you do engage and violate our terms, expect consequences. Regardless of your loyalty to the Empire."

She stood up. "As to the formation of a league of trade, I will be forming a charter of such a league over the next few weeks, if the parties here are intersted joining in such a union, I can mail them a copy of the charter. Aside form meetings of this nature, it would allow members to call upon one another fro security and safety concerns. You would be trading a little independence and a small amount of capital for future protection, but again, I would not force anyone into such an arrangement," blackmail, maybe, but never force.

"James, if you also wish to assist on Cartao, or wish to aid the Senate-in-exile's forces on Chazwa, both would be seen as great help to us. While you aren't as...reserved as some of our other members," she said with a playful smile, "Your enthusiasm is noted. Also, if you're intent on helping evacuations and moving refugees, feel free to send me any manifests should anyone on board wish to seek long-term asylum. Innocent folk deserve a chance to run from the mess this may well become, after all."

She sat back, watching the holograms for signs of approval or not for this plan. "Sorry to grab the steering wheel, but it's quite obvious we all have separate concerns, which need to be addressed. Now we can each do what we're good at, while forming a capable response to this. Good old-fashioned separation of expertise," she said smugly. Heh. I guess that made her the manager of managers, now. Neat.

Yusan first focused on [member="Danger Arceneau"] as she suggested something that made his interest in her words spike to a place he had not expected. "A trade federation? A curious choice but i had thought was what the Techno Union had become... do forgive me if i am wrong. My point though is, this Trade Federation. For how long are you suggesting that its existence would be needed and would it protect planets in the way that we have seen many other... factions have. Or would it simply act outside the realm of being a physical entity. I care little to either, the idea in itself has merit either way. But i am still interested on which of the two it would be."

His question was simple in that he wanted to know what her ideas were for this trade federation of hers and it would be hard to truly know if it would be better or worse. He did have faith though in this federation idea though. Most that ran the companies gathered here were in good morals, with the exception of the Sith bred individuals. None the less though it would be a group he would trust to do a good job while retaining their need for profits and money. Infact it would probably be a stronger idea than most improvised defenders of the galaxy.

Then came the words of the [member="Amarant"] one, causing him to laugh and look directly at the holovid containing her face. "I must disappoint you if you don't mind, but i have not been in a place of power or influence when it comes to the republic since i got stabbed and killed by my wife. My connection is no longer so strong with the Senate itself due to their rather... humorous actions in the past. Im probably still to them atleast a crazed man of over zealous nature. Sadly with that fact out my talking to them would not get anyone very far as it would likely end in their insistence of me being a traitor again. I would be glad to act none the less in aiding how ever anyone here sees needed. WITH, the exception of causing undue harm to the people of the republic."

He paused to grab at the bridge of his nose and rub it while he finished. "I may no longer myself be a Senator, or even a military official. But there are those like myself who would do what it takes to see the Republic return to what it was founded on. That is all i can do from this position i am in, aid those gathered here in removing that tyrant who had corrupted the republic into what it is today. Just know though, if but one supporter of that tyrant does remain in power, you all will likely have a much harder time in the future." He looked up and leaned back in the chair he was in. "What i can do though is contact any who would further be happy to supply this effort. Food, and a small group of soldiers. Though i suspect that would be unneeded with what grouping we have here."

Cameron's gaze remained focused on Danger as she laid out her proposal. Rather than waste more time on this conference call between politicians, business executives, and other various talking heads, Cameron terminated the connection from his location on Corstris. Casually, he made his way over to a large table and withdrew a datapad from a drawer.

With a few brief commands, he unlocked the device and logged on to an encrypted network. The recipient was already in his contact list, and it was a simple matter to select Danger's information. Cameron's message was simple. He had received her expressed intent and would take steps to support initiated action.

If the Queen of Trade wished to request more of him, he had no doubt she would do so by some means.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Rusty wasn't exactly sure how he had gotten in on this. He was but a lonely gunsmith, a purveyor of fine weaponry to elite clientele. Well, when he said elite, he meant anyone that could scrounge up a few thousand credits to cover parts and labor. Honestly, he had no business in this meeting, but he was here, and he had a thought.

Whether or not anyone listened was up to them.

"I've got some ideas on that clone army," he said. "Fighting it directly is a losing proposition. But, well, they're clones. They follow orders. It might be possible to decapitate the army's command structure. If we can take out their high command without the rest of the army twigging onto it, we might be able to get them to sit pretty while the Prime Minister is dealt with."

The idea was predicated on the notion that, even in this day and age, orders often took the form of encoded text, on the grounds that holomessages could be overheard. If they could take the code books intact, they could very well order the rest of the army to stand down.

"It won't be easy, but if you wanted easy, you'd just Base Delta Zero the place to the ground, right?"

For once, Mythos' heart was moved to understanding and compassion through the words of [member="Aldiel D'Lessio"], they reminded the Sith Lord of what he wished he could have been long ago, compassionate, peace loving, honorable without the need of warfare. He pursed his lips as he listened to the owner of Silk Holdings, slight tear in his near black heart made way for a sigh that held in it's air the last bastion of reluctant peace he had. "Mr D'lessio..." Mythos began, his voice low and humble unlike how he had spoken this entire conference. "My heart is broken by your words, by the fact that we cannot heed them, by the truth that if there was any way we could follow your wisdom by the letter i would do so and encourage all to follow suit."

He shook his head reluctantly, "I am truly, deeply humbled by brave words from a soft spoken man such as yourself... as such i give you my word that i will do everything that is in my power, given to me by the Emperor, to ease the flow of innocent blood as best i can but i beseech you not to turn your back on this historic alliance. We will need such words again in the future, i fear that without someone such as yourself a future tragedy may not be avoided"

He paused for a moment imitating D'lessio's hand gesture to his own heart. "I understand you have your reasons to avoid conflict, reasons i promise you i can relate to, but military conflict is inevitable as you have seen for yourself. I ask of you patience, i ask of you trust in my judgment, the very trust my order has placed in me.... i have not let them down and i will not disappoint you or Silk holdings.... you have my word"

He turned his gaze to the next speaker who spoke his name @Amarant. He was unfamiliar with the speaker yet he spoke with authority none the less. "I understand that you have made judgment on military matters but given that it's a stupid judgment i have chosen to ignore it." His template smile was back on his lips as soon as the words left his lips. "As stated before i have no interests in causing civilians casualties, my track record in the battlefield is decorated by my order and respected by my enemies because i uphold Honor and i shall never forsake it no matter the consequences." He paused straightening himself before he finished. "You shall find no reason to apprehend me or my men under crimes of war, i fear i am the only member of the One Sith who can claim such a statement, none the less i am who you have, consider yourselves fortunate"

@Rusty @Yusan Fenn [member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"] [member="Danger Arceneau"]

[member="Amarant"]
Finally someone was talking some sense. Moving stuff, making other happen, making the various cogs and wheels initiate the grander procedure. Talking had had its own time, not that was over and, instead, it was the moment of action and ingenuity. His hands were itching with stir-craziness, he had to "go places to do stuff".
Yeah, pretty lame excuse, but that was it. More so when innocents risked everything each second of their inactivity! But... he had some precautions to take. First, backup everything, from the holocom itself to any cargo manifest or bit of information he was going to be exposed to. He did not want to play counter-spy or double agent or what not, he did not have interest in politics, but a bit of insurance was never a bad idea.

Hestan, then, minimized the conference in a corner of his console, still able to keep an eye and an ear on it but still be able to do else, and called the writing suite to make the first due contacts.

[member="Gerion Ardik"] [member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"] [member="Uriel Escria"]
I have a deep-space operations shuttle capable of transporting several tens of tons worth of materiel. Remote tracking and concealment are of the essence: I have some crates and conveyors of my own as a start.
Send me the coordinates for both the exchange and the delivery, I'll con it as refueling operations.

This meeting was getting rather muddled and fast. The first one to draw his ire though was one who was reaching well beyond her station. "Miss ( [member="Amarant"] ), I don't know who you think you are but you don't have the credits or clout to try and order any of us around, least of all Miss Arceneau." The annoyance in his voice was thick, but he refrained from speaking too rashly. "The clones represent a clean and present threat to the corporate interests here. If the Republic could be trusted to handle this matter, we never would have needed this meeting in the first place."

"I will lead my forces in subduing Cartao and the cloning facility there. If it cannot be secured, it will be destroyed." His voice made it clear that he was deadly serious, but his history said that he never resorted to excessive force as a first option. He really would only destroy it if there was no other option. "Any assistance would of course be appreciated but I will do this alone if need be." He still very much doubted that millions of clones could be subdued in an instant all across the galaxy, but perhaps he was wrong. Unlikely, but possible.

Ooc: sorry but posting from a tablet right now.

Alndys

Mercenary, Artist.
[member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Lord Mythos"] [member="Amarant"]

He was selling to a hard audience, and despite his position, Aldiel wasn't so much a salesman as he was a statesman - prone to speeches about moral rights and wrongs, but not so skilled at driving those speeches home when they encountered much resistance. Beliefs were beliefs, proselytizing only went so far when everyone else was as assured that they were in the right as you are. "I'd be happy to serve in a consulary capacity, Miss Arceneau, but I have conditions when it comes to the Senate that can be worked out in private." Aldiel promised gently, after he'd taken a small breath to get his blood a little cooler and his head a little clearer. Even the best intentions could be clouded by strong emotions, after all.

The other red headed woman with a tongue for delegation spoke up and offered her piece, and as she was relatively unknown to Aldiel, he couldn't help but chafe that she was using such an obvious tactic to keep him involved and working under his own perrogative. Persuading people to invest themselves in your goals was basic level corporate persuasion, and to someone who'd made his career in convincing people to do as he wanted and think how he thought, Amarant might as well have given him a direct order. That said, he didn't disagree with the message and spread his hands slightly in reply. "There does need to be a legal framework - but without a precedent to base such a thing on, we should endeavor to be as fair and even-handed as possible. We will be the precedent, should this happen again down the road." A quiet way of indicating that he wasn't stepping out of the coalition yet. "But regardless of that, for a direct delegate to the Republic, I am afraid you must look elsewhere. I decline the task, with every fiber of my being."

For now, Aldiel had no reason to add more to the dialog. He accepted Mythos' kind words - even though they were in disagreement - with a small, gracious nod of thanks, acknowledging the good intent behind those words even though the content put them inherently at odds. If nothing else, he'd mull the request to stay on board over once the plans of the coalition actually went into action and he had time to see what he'd gotten in bed with; all the sweet words in the Galaxy meant nothing if they were only the prelude to a wanton slaughter. Hopefully, that would not be the case, and judging from the timbre of the people still vouching for military action, it might have even been the safe bet that combat would proceed in a humane manner, insofar that any combat could be considered humane.

93bf91ad32c5f6969bd5b2118b34e282.png

OUTER RIM TERRITORIES
ELYSIUM STATION
Danger's and Alric's personal office

Danger's hologram gave an acknowledging nod at [member="Aldiel D'Lessio"]. "We can discuss after this conference how to proceed." her green eyes would then drift over towards the rest of those assembled.

"Once again, I thank each and every one of you for your aide and for giving me your time in this holo conference. Those who are able to help with humanitarian aide, we shall coordinate and move forward. For now, setting up areas just outside Republic territory and in neutral zones can handle the influx of evacuees. "

"Mistah Ardik, Mistah Cater, and the team that wishes to help in the seizure of Spaarti Creations main headquarters on Cartao. With luck the plan with the loyalty chips is successful and we can work through this with as little loss as possible."

A measure of relief filled her.

"Thank you once more, I cannot say it enough ladies and gentlebeings. Updates will be broadcast-ed shortly. Safe travels."

wVvoJkT.png

OOC: And that's a wrap! Thank you guys for participating! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this!

For all involved who are helping in any manner who have roleplayed here, please consider this a Tier 5+ contract with Arceneau Trade Company for you if you need it for a tier up.

[member="Popo"] [member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Uriel Escria"] [member="Ordon Trozky"] [member="Captain Larraq"] [member="Gerion Ardik"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Cryax Bane"] [member="Rayl Wilded"] [member="Irys Arist'lar"] [member="Darell Irani"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="James Justice"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Lorelei Darke"] [member="Krenis Skirata"] [member="Aldiel D'Lessio"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Alric Kuhn"] [member="Akatan Adasca"] [member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] [member="Selka Ventus"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Darcy Sixsmith"] [member="Hion the Herglic"] [member="Sasha Santhe"] [member="Marcus Itera"] [member="Kelly Perris"] [member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"] [member="Isis Varida"] [member="Hestan Kantrael"] [member="Cameron Centurion"] [member="Amarant"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Xander Black"] [member="Laguz Vald"] [member="Lisette Kuhn"] [member="Lord Mythos"] [member="Rusty"] [member="Ayden Cater"] [member="Hestan Kantrael"] [member="Yusan Fenn"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

Ms. Arceneau-

I'm sure you understand that there are internal and external political reasons I couldn't attend your call. I wear two hats: I lead Clan Rekali and I'm a Field Marshal for the Mandalorian forces. The Mandalorians are divided on this issue, so I'm speaking as Aliit'buir of Clan Rekali, not as a Field Marshal.

Clan Rekali has no holdings in Republic territory, but we're monitoring the situation as well as can be expected. I've been in contact with Senator Faith Balor-Organa, a Mandalorian who serves as the Republic's Minister of Intelligence. We're negotiating the terms of Clan Rekali's service for purposes of evacuation, security, and other specific tasks. Senator Balor-Organa and her coalition are working against the Prime Minister's Office, and events are proceeding rapidly. Odds are good that contract work for the Senator's coalition will align Clan Rekali's interests with yours, to some extent. The Clan is preparing acquisition and offensive options against the Republic, if the Prime Minister's supporters prevail. There's also a possibility that specific circumstances may place some of our people or allies at cross purposes, but I doubt it at this stage.

Keep in touch when you have the time,

Aliit'buir Ember Rekali

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom