Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A United Front - Emergency Holo Conference

Cameron was relatively silent as the various participants of the call traded opinions, insults, and stories to their hearts content. Perhaps that judgment was too harsh, there were a few that actually leveled reasonable solutions to this problem.

As individuals spoke, Cameron's silver-green gaze flitted around the room wherein the various participants were projected in seated or standing positions. Ensconced on his homeworld of Corstris inside of Mandalorian space, the Sith Lord stood with his hands clasped behind his back. To the other participants, however, his was merely a cloaked visage that said nothing and allowed bright eyes beneath the hood of his cloak to drift around the room.

This was a meeting of Corporate Leaders...something that Cameron had never really been in his life. The Sith Lord, quite simply, had little patience for managing a sprawling conglomerate. Perhaps that was the same reason he bored of political and military leadership so quickly in his past as well. No his presence here was merely part of a fulfillment of a promise to [member="Danger Arceneau"] from days of the Crusade. To a fault, he could care less about what the Republic, the Techno Union, the One Sith, the Galactic Alliance, or any other government organization did. This galaxy would be riddled with tyranny, crime, and battle forever. It hadn't changed any time in the last few hundred years...no reason for it to start now.

So...to whom did Cameron owe any allegiance if not any of the many governments or random people being slaughtered by said governments? The answer was simple. His allegiance belonged to those he cared for or had formed some bond of friendship. His methods were quite rarely the most benevolent, but they did obtain the desired results. Long had it been since wanton destruction had been of interest to him anyways. There was much more challenge and satisfaction in the finesse of very precise movements throughout the galaxy.

Besides...there really wasn't much of a distinction in good or evil between the various government entities of the galaxy. There was genocide, murder, and parsing of liberties in all of them. The ones that just weren't quite as effective tended to be painted as the crusading paragons of the galaxy.

This, like so many other things in life, was a lie.

Really... that was what the whole thing was boiling down to. Big shots reminding other big shots of what they were willing to do, criticizing one another just because they were there... for what? Nothing. Bloody nothing: if they kept bantering, nothing would have been accomplished and whoever was pulling the strings behind this clone army would have basically free reign to do whatever they wanted.
So... the conference wanted to go for war? They had a possible route in front of their eyes: understand more about the clone army itself. The conference wanted not to go to war? They could simply tide the market into economically collapsing the Republic. So simple. Hestan had pointed one way, but apparently it had fallen on deaf ears.

A war cannot be fought out of thin air. The effort will need starships, troops, supplies, support facilities, intelligence backing and so on. Whatever this alliance wants to fight, it needs to know first what it is.

Going solo would have been foolish, because he could have done the same thing with backup. Perhaps.

The meeting went more and more downhill by the second. Within minutes, disagreements arise, only to be dwarfed by blatant infighting moments later. This would only get them so far. If there would be no chance of cooperation... Well, simply put, there would be no chance of victory. Remaining silent for an extended period of time, Edwin nervously observed the situation unfold, still pacing from left to right.

"Forgive my interruption, though I must note that with this approach, our gathering will have been for absolutely nothing. We must remain calm, and analyze the facts, that's what we're here for." Edwin let out a sigh, though not out of frustration, but out of desperation. Desperation for proper cooperation.

"If the destruction of the cloning facility on Cartao were successful, our forces would indeed be granted an enormous advantage. Cutting off our enemy's only source of troops is undoubtedly a critical maneuver. I personally believe it is an absolutely necessary move if we are to enter total war with the Prime Minister." Whether or not Edwin was actually speaking to the individuals gathered was questionable, though he continued on.

"If the Senate is indeed preparing an uprising, which I find very likely, we will have incredible support from not only forces loyal to the Senate, but from the Republic's people as well. Which, by the way, is definitely a reason not to build sculptures from human flesh, as attractive as they may sound!" Edwin tapped his fingers against the glass table in his office, rather unsure of what to propose next. In truth, he spoke only for the sake of speaking. He was never very good when it came to expressing thoughts.

"As one of those present has already stated." Edwin looked over at the individual in question, though he honestly couldn't be bothered to remember the name. "Funding the Republic's enemies is also a very advantageous move. Though if we are to do so, I strongly believe that we should very carefully choose our allies." Edwin briefly gazed at the two Sith Lords, before continuing his proposition, though this time, with a noticeably less confident tone.

"Whether or not we should support the One Sith in hopes of defeating the Prime Minister is, at the very least... Questionable. If, in process of taking down the Prime Minister, the Republic loses some of its territory... Who does this territory fall to, exactly? The Senate, or the One Sith? Do not take this as disrespect, though I believe it is a completely valid concern! How do we know you won't shut down our trade routes? Confiscate our goods? If we fight alongside you, can we be certain that free trade will thrive? I would hate if we defeated the Prime Minister, only to be pitted against an even more powerful foe, that being the One Sith! Surely you understand!" The CEO of Czerka Arms finished, eyes full of fright flying from one Sith to the other.

His voice fell silent, as he began listening to the new arrival.

"And as such, I assume all of us currently present will be sending support to the Senate on Colla IV. Attending to the gathering personally will likely be out of my power, though I intend to send at least a few troops to show my support. Of course, troops may not be necessary. Perhaps a less... Violent method could prove effective. Arresting the Prime Minister is out of question, of course. Though, a cleverly designed assassination could single-handedly end this dispute! But let us be honest... Who wants to do that? A mere assassination is not exciting enough! Hardly worthwhile!"

"Now... Could someone please tell me, how strong exactly is this 'clone army'?"

There were many voices, many opinions, but the overall message was streamlined to a loose, unified consensus so far.

At the very least, in regards to humanitarian aid and defending those who were evacuating.

“I thank you all for your support with the humanitarian aid efforts.” Danger began, acknowledging the offered services of [member="Akatan Adasca"], “Mistah Adasca, the offer is well received and appreciated for those who may be displaced.

“Mistah Justice, the support of your trade company and blockade runner services would be beneficial to displaced citizens. I thank you for that.” the privateering forces of [member="James Justice"] were an ambitious, rambunctious lot. A little bloodthirsty, but when dealing with the Republic Clone army and their programing, one perhaps had to be.

The quickness of [member="Ayden Cater"]’s fleet deployment gave assurance to the redhead, and she inclined her head with a grateful smile. However, when more information came streaming in about the details of the ongoing Lasedri regime, it sent a chill down her spine.

When Taeli elaborated on the state and lack of response from the Jedi Order, it troubled Danger further. They were still getting more information on what was going on in the ‘verse, so she was grateful when [member="Darell Irani"] was able to fill in more details on Roche and the Mandalorians.

Judah’s presence in the call warmed her to the core, and the softening in her eyes showed it. It was good to see he was alright, for she had worried so.

The data feed from Colonel [member="Krenis Skirata"] was troubling, more so when [member="Lord Mythos"] elaborated on the matter. She kept her expression cordial, but the level of bloodthirstiness was not what she was looking for. It wasn’t the Republic citizens fault, and she didn’t want to see them come to harm. Instead it was this blasted Clone army, Lasedri, and those who supported her coup.

Those were the ones that they should be dealing with accordingly.

“Lord Mythos,” she began, her voice soft and neutral. “I am grateful for the aid and your magnanimous offer,” a lick of her lips, “ however, my concern is for this Spaarti Clone Army and those who support Prime Minister Lasedri.

There were other familiar faces. Black Sun representatives who she had ties to since Arceneau Trade was a name only within the Southern Systems. [member="Amarant"] ‘s support would be welcomed.

Included came the interesting mention of chips from [member="Hestan Kantrael"]. If anything that prompted her to search her database for information that [member="Aeri Vyn"] had forwarded to her about Spaarti Creations and its CEO.

Patricia Susan Garter said:
Reply: You can't disable them, they aren't like a droid army where when you disable these chips they'll just lay down and die. While these chips are activated they hold complete loyalty to the Prime Minister, they will do whatever whenever and follow every order to the letter. But if you disable them there is a chance that I can get through to them and talk them down, there is a chance that they may not sway due to their conditioning to remain loyal to their fellow clone and Republic. But disabling the chips are the best shot we have of bringing things down with minimal damage. Otherwise it's going to be a fight for every inch of soil and a lot of people dead. You need to get me to Cartao, Spaarti Headquarters. The clones inhibitor chips are a step up from the days of old, these are preloaded with hundreds of passwords that the chip switches to at random each day, and the computer that keeps track of the password of the day is located in my office.
Cartao itself is considered to be the clone troopers home, there are a few million stationed there so unless you're willing to waltz into republic space with an invading army the best bet to get in undetected is me. If you can get me to my office I might be able to talk to them. Also this might be of use to you, find Commander Lusk he is a key element to having the clones stand down.He is part of the alpha wave clone troopers, the first two thousand clones that Spaarti created as a test and they do not have inhibitor chips. They now serve as the clone commando corps and the troopers look up to them as older brothers and sisters, they are their heroes. If you can get Lusk and the commandos to side with you, get me to disable the chips, then I believe we can bring order back to the Republic and regain your assets with minimal casualties. Make no mistake, people will die. The question you and the corporate alliance that has formed is how many need to before peace is reinstated.

///-------- after that...

The passcodes to enter Cartao straight into the headquarters are Foxtrot Omega Chariot Progressive Niner Niner. Employees have been notified that you are to take control, do what I wasn't able to do. Bring order and balance to the republic, and save them.

So passcodes to Cartao were in their access. But were they correct? Could Patricia be counted?

“If I may…” she would interrupt to display the message to the assembly. “My desire is to not see needless death and suffering. Humanitarian aid is my first priority with every effort to not involve innocent parties. Those who stand with Prime Minister have made their bed, and should be held accountable for their deeds. An accountability that should be enforced by the Senate in Exile and those who would support to overthrow her.”

“I am in agreement with Mistah D’lessio,” a nod of accord would go straight towards that mocha skinned man. “ This isn’t a war with the Republic common saptient, but with the tyrannical entity under Lasedri’s regime. “ her eyes would flicker over toward [member="Gerion Ardik"].

“A point brought up by Mistah Ardik -- to a point we would be dealing with the symptoms. Striking at the clone army with the least amount of risk of life and working with the Senate-In-Exile is key. “ her green eyes would span the assembly.

“Garter sent me the following messages in the wake of the nationalization by the Prime Minister… With it she offers us the codes to the doors of Cartao itself -- if they hold merit, of course.”

A pause. Danger was never one for needless death.

“This assembly isn’t about searching for blood, or lashing out. It is about being united for a greater cause. One that would likely span beyond the Republic itself with the amount of clout and pull each of us can contribute to be a reckoning force against this Clone Army and Laesdri’s regime before it spreads beyond Republic borders.”

“As it is… those who are interested in humanitarian aid can work directly with me.”

Another pause.

“And unless I’m mistaken, the general consensus is that we must strike at the clone army and support the Senate-in-Exile. I would ask here and now, who is in support of this motion and would like to join forces to support this task?”

----------------

If i didn't tag you and you wish to join please contact in this thread icly [member="Aeri Vyn"] to get directed into the conference call.
[member="Popo"] [member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Uriel Escria"] [member="Ordon Trozky"] [member="Captain Larraq"] [member="Gerion Ardik"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Cryax Bane"] [member="Rayl Wilded"] [member="Irys Arist'lar"] [member="Darell Irani"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="James Justice"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Lorelei Darke"] [member="Krenis Skirata"] [member="Aldiel D'Lessio"] [member="Gilamar Skirata"] [member="Alric Kuhn"] [member="Akatan Adasca"] [member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] [member="Selka Ventus"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Darcy Sixsmith"] [member="Hion the Herglic"] [member="Sasha Santhe"] [member="Marcus Itera"] [member="Kelly Perris"] [member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"] [member="Isis Varida"] [member="Hestan Kantrael"] [member="Cameron Centurion"] [member="Amarant"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Xander Black"] [member="Laguz Vald"] [member="Lisette Kuhn"] [member="Lord Mythos"] [member="Rusty"] [member="Ayden Cater"]

[member="Yusan Fenn"]

The first security blip would show across her dataterminal.

After a thorough scrubbing and check, Yusan Fenn was allowed entry to the conference call as Danger made her most recent statement.

James looked at a beep on his wrist's comm unit. He grinned, letting the smoke flow from his teeth.

"We have 200 freighters at ye command," he informed Danger. "We will always be willing to stand by the people and defend them to act in thar best interest for that freedom," he turned his attention to Lord Mythos, a frank expression on his face. "I hate Sith mate. I always have, I always will. After this I be showing ye no mercy for the brutality ye be showing the common man if we meet again. But for now, I be helping you build that monument."

[member="Danger Arceneau"]
[member="Lord Mythos"]

Edwin slowly raised his hand, clenched in a fist. Now was the time to decide. Now was the time to act.

"While I may not be a major arms manufacturer at this time and date, I am in support of the aforementioned motion, and shall do what is in my power to help lead it to success... Already, blueprints are being made. I am at your command...

Before this conference comes to its inevitable end, however, you will excuse me when I ask, how should we approach this army of millions?" He shuffled nervously in his seat, staring at the woman's transparent silhouette.

"Do we face the enemy head on? Or shall we take a more... Subtle approach? Is anyone, by chance, aware of the equipment these soldiers use? Perhaps we could find a loophole, a weakness in the design, one which we could use to our advantage? And even more importantly, where and how shall we strike first? Perhaps multiple simultaneous attacks are in order! Oh goodness, if only I was capable of remaining silent... My tongue is too swift for my own good. Perhaps I should... Cut it out? No, definitely not, then how could I contribute at all?!"

The short man stood up from his seat, only to sit back down, though not before making a short bow to the figures before him.

"To hell with the 'Force', may the power of luck and credits grant us victory..."

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Gerion ignored Mythos for now. There were more important things for him to talk about.

"So we're going to go through all this trouble to deactivate those obedience chips because the clones might listen to reason after the fact?" Gerion scoffed. "Have you considered the possibility of what happens when those chips are switched off? We know nothing about these clones. What if that chip is the only thing keeping those Clone Troopers in line at all? What if the minute they're switched off, they fly off of the Prime Minister's leash and begin an even more indiscriminate slaughter? The Garter woman cannot be trusted. She's been a selectivist sympathizer since their fetid ilk originally appeared. She produced this army and is an accessory to this entire scandal. I know her type: psychotic to the core. I don't put her above that sort of spitefulness."

"These clones will either be held at the whims of Lasedri or launch their own uprising. The facility producing them must be destroyed. Seize it and try that ludicrous ploy if you insist, though I doubt anything will come of it. The sooner the establishment spitting out these clones is neutralized, the better. Otherwise this little war will drag on far, far longer than it needs to."

[member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Corellian Engineering will support this task. Nothing can be solved so long as there continues to be a constant supply of fresh clones for this madwoman." Of course, the fact that he had rather intimate knowledge of how cloning worked would go unspoken. Of course, it wasn't exactly manual hyperspace navigation to blow a hole in the side of a tank. Still, there was some small possibility here that he could turn the matter to his profit. However, it would likely only result in awkward questions and further complications. No... No, the Spaarti facility had to be destroyed. "I'll relay our new target destination to the CEC fleet. We should arrive at the edge of the Cartao system within a few hours. Depending on how many other groups are present, we will begin securing an area for further reinforcements or siege the facility."

A few moments later and the CEC fleet dropped out of hyperspace to reorient for their new destination. It was uncertain yet what kind of resistance they would face on Cartao, or whether any other corporation would have a fleet presence in-system at that time. But it was the first step they had to take to end this madness. "It would help our operations if we could have the IFF tags of any of these Senate-In-Exile forces, rebels, resistance fighters; whatever you want to call them. THe fewer targets we have to shoot at, the better. And any orbital telemetry or defensive capabilities of the loyalist forces on the planet would also greatly increase our chances for success."

Yusan's face appeared into the group as he stared quickly among those who were with the one who was hosting it. He was happy to hear the words that had left her and without a pause his hand raised slightly and he nodded as this would be the first words he spoke in the conference. Perhaps it would just get shut down, perhaps not.

"Lady Arceneau, my name is Yusan Fenn. I own no company to speak of, and can only contribute a small force in itself. If i may though, i would additionally ask that civilian targets remain largely unhindered by this. It will be hard enough for this and if they were cut off from food and other supplies being delivered to words by means of blockades and embargoes. What i mean to say is simply, people will need protection if a removal of a Tyrant is to happen, and i do not want to see those people harmed by the actions of those who have nothing to do with them." It was good that Danger was the one who was to strike at Lasedri in the most direct way during this, another report he was looking at saying popo would need to be talked to as well if he were not here.

"To be more clear, i am asking for any trade with the Republic and aid to protecting those who are not military as i am unsure many others will have the opportunity to do so. Lady Arceneau, There will be a great many who wish to simply look for a way to move away from this conflict, be it permanently or temporary. The Republic is not the actions of this one woman who betrayed everything that it stands for, there is no reason to blame them for her actions when they are not the enemies of anyone here at this conference..."

He glanced at the man who ran Czerka Arms and sighed before shaking his hand. "An all out war would do just as i am requesting be avoided. It would destroy more than just Lasedri. Things would get continuously worse and more would die than necessary if you all take this form of action. A more subtle approach would fair better, but not one that would assassinate the woman. She should receive a trial for what she has done."

He now looked at Ardik and nodded. "Deactivating those chips could result in a very bad outcome, but i believe that would be something better for the republic itself to deal with rather than your companies when your primary target is that of the woman for who we are here about. Lasedri's control will end with the removal of her from her office... The Clones can be dealt with after in what ever way the Republic military deems necessary... Lastly i agree, Garter can not be trusted to keep the clones in rein when it comes to deactivating their chips, it could and will cause more harm indefinitely." His last smile was aimed at Ayden as he smiled. "I could help with getting any resistance fighters specific IFF tags in order to avoid such. As well as any others here in contact with those actively opposing Lasedri."

[member="James Justice"] [member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"] [member="Cameron Centurion"] [member="Hestan Kantrael"] [member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Ayden Cater"] [member="Gerion Ardik"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Mythos listened to the trade queen intently and took everything she said into consideration. The red haired lady did not want bloodshed of civilian lives, Mythos did not approve of genocide either, it was him that would give the orders to watch concentrated fire in artillery batteries to avoid civilian casualties. If the sith could be seen as liberators instead of conquerors ,why not? The opportunity was there, smash the spaarti clone army and destroy the senate, taking advantage of the animosity towards the 'new republic' by their own people was as easy as watching your fire and feeding the starving man upon the street.

"I will do my absolute best, to keep civilian casualties at an minimum miss Danger, it is not in our interest to shift the animosity aimed at the republic to us" Mythos stated, the template smile upon his lips, he was being honest, yet he could not blame anyone if they chose not to believe him, sith had a reputation after all. When Mr. Justice spoke Mythos listened equally as intently as when miss Danger spoke. He chuckled at the mention of brutality and nodded to his 'offer'.
"I like this guy, it will be a shame to be at the other end of your rifle barrel, but for now i am glad i am not" He said nonchalantly picking up a ZP Tobacco deathstick and igniting the honey flavored herb upon his golden throne. Men of simple pleasures were often the most dangerous. For some reason he identified with Mr. Justice, they were two sides of the same coin in a way, both him and Mythos garnered the admiration of the common man and the free men of the galaxy... no one served Mythos unwillingly. "As for the Senate-in-exile, they are to be brought to trial for crimes against his Eternal Majesty, the Emperor of the One Sith and I, as his the Will of his Majesty, will see that sentence carried out." He paused, letting his smile fade from his lips.

"That sentence being death of course, if his Majesty changes his mind unlikely as that may be, i will obey, as for now the price for any solid information concerning them is ten thousand credits, capture of any member of the senate will be rewarded with ten million credits per head upon deliver to One Sith authorities such as myself"

When Mr. Adrik spoke Mythos rolled his eyes thinking another banter was to come yet this time the man spoke something that Mythos could get fully behind. "For once we agree, I worked with Mrs' Garter and she is a wild card, however if you have a solution to shut down the entire clone army it is at the very least worth looking into. "

[member="James Justice"] [member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Ayden Cater"] [member="Gerion Ardik "] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Yusan Fenn"] [member="Cameron Centurion"]

Edwin swiftly turned his head to face the man with no company.

"Well of course. Avoiding large-scale conflict is always a top priority, especially if you are funding said large-scale conflict! It always brings losses, not gains. Losses. And horrible ones at that." Edwin stared at his feet, gathering the courage to speak his mind. After a moment or two, he rose up, and let his words loose.

"While your intents are very noble, you should not deceive yourselves. Civilians will die. Fighters, workers, men, women... Even children. Collateral damage is one thing, while starvation is another. Even if we tiptoe around all areas occupied by civilians, this conflict will directly affect them. There is no way we can save all of them... This is war, and we must use every advantage available. I wish we could avoid unnecessary bloodshed... But that is simply not how war goes. People will die... Do not forget that, and most of all, do not let it discourage you. The end justifies the means..."

Upon hearing the Sith's proposition, Edwin's gaze quickly shifted towards him.

"That was what I was afraid of... My concerns indeed turned out to be valid... For goodness' sake! They're on our side! They are helping us! They are helping you! Is that not a significant deed? Actually, no, nevermind, I don't want to know anything. It's not worth my credits, and certainly not worth my life."

The short man smirked and spit on the ground beside him.

"Sir, may I remind you that that is rather unhygienic?" A robotic, monotone voice spoke.

"Oh... Does it look like I care?! We're discussing war here for goodness' sake!"

"You are as wise as ever, Mr. Ardik." Metus began, regarding him with a nod. "Speaking from experience working with Clones, the risk of attempting to liberate them from their chips is not worth it. Remember, not only were these soldiers equipped with devices forcing them to obey, but they most likely received indoctrination during the growth phases. Literally, they were born knowing nothing else but obedience. At best, if they were successfully liberated, you would have a highly aggressive force with no lease to deal with. Put simply, they are beyond saving."

His gaze then slid to the woman of the hour: [member="Danger Arceneau"].

"On Geonosis, many corporations banded together and took a stand. We fought a battle in the name of free trade and succeeded. You recall this as vividly as I. However, as your intention today is not the shedding of blood, then I will stand by your decision. There are a trio of decommissioned, Lucrehulks that I can have ready by the week's end. Consider them yours for the humanitarian side of things."

"Otherwise, Arakyd supports the motion to strike the clones."

OOC://Sick post, apologies all.

Ostanes, in the guise of Uriel, had been in the call since it began, but had remained by and large silent. He was a new player in this game, and his control of Akure was just beginning to truly be solidified. Now that he had, through various faces and guises, made the company fall to his control, he had begun to divest the various roles back to those competent and loyal, and the game had worked. The visage of Uriel was now the Chief Operating Officer, and in the identity of Ostanes he could rebuild his alchemical prowess and Force abilities back to their former state. One might take this newness to the 'game', as it were, as the reason for his silence. In part, it was some of the reason he supposed.

But more importantly, he was analyzing, and seeing where others fell at. The hologram of his facade could have been a painting for all that it moved or reacted, until finally [member="Danger Arceneau"] spoke again. The first change of expression rippled across his features then. Consideration, an open look of thought. He let a few others ramble on about this or that idea or proposal. Truthfully, he was quite beginning to like this [member="Gerion Ardik"] fellow, though he may or may not agree with his ideas and plans in the end game. None the less, as [member="Darth Metus"] finished their speech, he cleared his throat, and the delicate cup of Atrisian saki he had been sipping was put aside for the first time in the call.

"I speak for Akure Executive Interstellar's board in this matter. I need not lecture on morality... AEI is in the business of Alchemy and it's products and pursuits, and often that business blurs the line between good and bad in most of societies eyes. So for me to lecture in that respect would be... Disingenuous at best...So, to be brief, I will say this: We can not nor should we pretend are hands are clean morally. Even those of us of a more honest and good natured bend surely have a few pairs of dirty gloves hidden away for when the work becomes.... Onerous... So let us please dispense with that notion in these proceedings.

The only concern we should, and indeed the only concern we can have in this meeting is how to deal with the threat to the Free Market, and by extension the people who sustain and create it. Other concerns and ideals should and by needs must be left to individuals. This collective gathering must focus on a select set of topics, or I fear I will have canceled a rather excellent night at the theater to attend this call for nothing, as nothing will come of our efforts. That said, do not think I am a callous man, who cares nothing for others.

A new subsection of AEI is under formation on the world of Ukio. It's intent is to produce luxury food stuffs, which it will do eventually. For now, once the requisite paperwork is cleared, and our operations are given the green light, we will function in a more.... mundane... capacity, if you will...I have papers waiting to be signed that will turn entire corporate mega-farms to the task of producing alchemically and scientifically enhanced crop operations to producing a... "

Here eyes flickered down as if looking at a datapad, and then returned to a level gaze, a knowing smile in them.

"Well, specifics are hardly needed, and I doubt I need to bring attention to Akure's considerable resources and the ability of several new alchemical processes... However, let us say within a few days to weeks time, we can be producing enough basic foodstuffs, processed into a ration pack, cube, and other such, that any refugees of this crisis can be fed without undue strain upon those of us here. Well, excepting us, of course. But such is the price of charity, which we are all too happy to pay in this situation."

Uriel cleared his throat, lifting the finely sculpted cup and taking a sip, with a thankful nod to someone off screen, likely one of his ever-present tuk'ata guardsmen.

"Now, onto the matters of more aggressive negotiations... Akure has had dealings with Garter via Spaarti in the past, primarily business. She has a certain sort of base cunning and wit, I will admit. Just enough to be dangerous, and more than enough to over-estimate herself. Throw that together with the unrestrained psychosis of this would-be Empress... And lets be honest, that is what she is, no sense conveying titles she has no claim or resemblance to... And I heavily advise against trusting in her word or advice as a lynch pinch. As a possibility, sure. But not as the main thrust..

The two were either in cahoots, or Garter is of such a delusional nature, and so inattentive, she missed what anyone in her spot should have noticed. That she was dealing with a nut case. Just like with our dear [member="Lord Mythos"] here... One wouldn't invite him to afternoon tea with the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, and one shouldn't give such a force as Garter made to the Empress. It reeks of nothing but bad things on her part for doing so..."

Waving his hand, Danger and the others would be sent a quick packet of production information on the foodstuffs, and other products, as well as strike plans and more. While he was no general himself, he employed the equivalent of such, and so he had gone to them and had them earn their retainer from AEI for once.

"We have many options to deal with the clones... Without a doubt, their menace must be dealt with. I propose a small, elite strike team. Not a bunch of errant militaristic gun-bunnies in clanky armor... Quick, surgical precision... I can provide a few remaining of AEI's cloaks of nunn to the team, as well as taozin nodules and other items. Pretty much anything in the Akure Inventory. If we can merely capture the cloning facilities, it would likely be best for business in the galaxy. Why Spaarti and such always insist on making solider clones even after the Clone Wars escapes me. There are so many other opportunities, as I'm sure our Arkanian friend knows..

But I will also commit every ship suitable to just bombarding the facilities from orbit and glassing it, if a strike team is not wanted. If it can not be retained and made to serve for this effort, then it must be destroyed utterly so those who would dare think to do this again have a permanent reminder.

In closing, the full might of the Akure fleet is currently under way to the Wheel, there to support [member="Popo"] and [member="Captain Larraq"] and others in a joint task force. I can task parts of that fleet to redeploy as needed if there are more vessels needed, but it sounds as if the mighty [member="Ayden Cater"] has that covered militaristically speaking. For my part, I will divert production on Ukio when it is operational to emergency food supplies and the like. As well as equipping a strike team to covertly destroy or capture Spaarti's operations. Beyond that, if anyone needs anything else, they but need to ask it, and it will be done as we at Akure can."

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
The room was tense, to put it mildly. Total war, councils in exile, revolution, chaos--this was the game. Her words would have to be few and convincing. Ash's old lawyer mode kicking in. She concerned herself with most of the room, but not Mythos. That' man's mind had already been made. And frankly, he was of less help every second.

"Ardik is right, in more ways than he mentions." Amaranth cleared her throat. "I run a small-time law firm, but I've seen enough law and politics. If the One Sith leads the charge on this affair, that's on them. Frankly, any of the leadership of this lunatic sect, military or political, should be captured and brought to a trial by military tribunal, with a public sentencing," she said, looking angrily upon the room. "These deeds are heinous, but the more of them that are killed by the One Sith, the more likely they become martyrs to militant Republic members. A long-term guerrilla conflict is both difficult to sustain and exhausting of resources."

She addressed the room. "I will stand in support with the Council-in-exile. I also wish to forward a separate motion. Should we find Genevieve Lasedri Alive, we put her to trial for her crimes. As for Garter and her supposed code, we have some very good slicers in our collective employ. Let them vet everything she submits, and if it smells funny, she goes to trial and we test her actual ideals. Actually, she goes to trial either way, she's been too complicit in this. The more she cooperates, the less likely her sentence includes something fatal, if found guilty."

She nodded to Mythos. "I will not advise you in matters of war. However, I want you to realize that the Republic forces will likely fight you tooth and nail. If you do not tread lightly, and your duty to your leader conflicts with our agenda, expect repercussions. That is a matter of politics and reality, on which I am far more qualified to advise," she said, decided to avoid hinting at the fact that Danger and a few others at this table might know already, which was that for over two hundred years, this wicked droid turned crime lord had been the most dangerous of bosses.

She looked around at the holograms, calmly. "We aren't a nation. We are a powerful force, and regardless of what you may think, only portions of the operation can continue in the shadows. The results of this affair must be made public, and a clear message must be sent to all governing authorities, that entrepreneurs of our nature cannot be bullied or kowtowed. Whatever becomes of this, our message here must be clear: The traders and buyers of this galaxy will not allow themselves to be subject to megalomaniacal tyrants," she said calmly. "If that means we have to overthrow the Republic and build a new constitution for them that enforces reparations for their ghastly behavior, then so be it!"

She smirked. The implications were clear. This wasn't a buy-out. This was a hostile take-over. And not a pretty one. Amaranth's motives were simple--become a known powerful ally of the Republic, and get a position of power in the new order. Advisor to the Senate council on legal affairs, or something. She'd make it work. Or not. Chaos was always good for business, both legal and otherwise.

There was another flurry of speech. Some voices were raised while others were lowered, yet they both carried the same ferocity, the same cold anger. The blood in her veins did not boil, but it stirred. No matter what the Sekairo did, she could never fully quench her thirst, never fully abandon her warrior's way. But there were times where she could ignore it- if only for a little while. Now she tried to do just that. She listened once more to those gathered, finding herself becoming more welcoming to the idea of a more... peaceful approach. It hadn't been something she had expected. Aggressively striking at anything that could be related to the Lasedri would only cause more trouble than good.

As the conversation continued, Ven found herself changing her personal view on the matter, succumbing to logical reasoning, and changing how she thought the matter would best be handled. Partially to her surprise, she found herself agreeing almost entirely with [member="Gerion Ardik"]. Pointless destruction was pointless. Purposeful destruction of enemy resources, however, was not. Sometimes redundancy is necessary to get a point across, she thought, eyes narrowing slightly. While she looked angry for a few moments, the furrowing of her brow was out of concentration for once, and not out of ire. Just a few seconds later she appeared calm once more, and started to speak.

"Mr. Ardik is right. You can't trust these clones, not fully, not enough. We can try to 'save' them if you wish, try to take them in as if they were just a couple sick puppies, but we need to have a safety net." Of course, by that she meant that they needed to have as many guns pointed at the clones as they possibly could until they were sure about them. "However, I would suggest we simply eliminate them. The risk is too high, the payoff too questionable. If Garter has lied, or if her information doesn't prove to be valuable, we will have wasted both time and resources. This is a matter which must be handled swiftly- and carefully."

Ven paused for a moment, looking over the incoming reports from her men.

"I can have four units in the Cartao system within a few hours. An additional four could be ready within another twenty four hours, if they are not interrupted by unexpected endeavors," she continued, looking up from her datapad to turn towards [member="Ayden Cater"]- or at least the hologram of him. "Mr. Cater, one of my assistants should be sending you the IFF tags of our ships soon. My best pilots are unfortunately already engaged elsewhere, but I assure you that my men can provide adequate ground support when siege starts. If my schedule allows, I hope to join them, whether on the ground or commanding from a ship of my own." Once more she turned to Miss [member="Danger Arceneau"].

"Whatever you decide to do, the Sekairo clan will be with you. While we prepare to approach Cartao my other workers will be continuing to provide support to those already being targeted by the clones. I'll do my best to reduce the amount of damage they can do. It won't stop them permanently, of course, but it'll slow things down."

By the time various folks talked about building monuments out of dead bodies, Judah had lost all interest in the holo-conference. Feet had went up on his desk at Salacia at he was listening with an idle ear. The scruffy salvager went through the messages on his comlink, taking the time to type out a few responses.

Despite half-listening, it seemed the only good points were being made by a [member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"] . Judah wasn't quite sure what the man did or what company he operated but there seemed to be a sound head on his shoulders. Important points like funding, loss of life and credits, possible negative publicity.

Credits were important. So was keeping a certain image around the company. In some cases this meant keeping a certain image of your family, your friends, your life. Just depended on the type of business one had entered into. Salacia wasn't known for blasting down doors, killing clones, furthering war or the like. Never was nor would it ever be as long as he was in control.

There were other sectors of space to do business in. Ones that didn't have a pack of war mongering CEOs ready to overtake a sector. Hell, if enough of them died or went bankrupt in battle he would be sitting pretty at the end of it all. Less competition.

Leaning up from his relaxed position, Judah flicked off the holo-conference. While [member="Danger Arceneau"] was a good friend, he had zero interest in joining a war.

Edwin now sat behind his desk, head leaning against the surface of his workspace, ears filled with the same points being introduced over and over. It was obvious. If this alliance were to finally form, it'd be split in half before the first skirmish even completed. Disagreements ran freely among those gathered. Some vouched for charity, while others invested purely into weapons, and other engines of war. Some hoped for a subtle approach, some wished to enter an all-out war. Edwin was somewhere in the middle. A completely peaceful path would most likely prove to be an absolute and utter waste of time and resources, while a war would likely end up being the same.

Fighting millions of elite soldiers, trained from birth, at most, could lead to a Pyrrhic victory. In the end, they'd lose more than they'd gain. Some of the individuals present seemed to forget that this was not about justice, this was not about territory, this was about credits, and credits only. The Prime Minister threatened their income, and for that reason, they had to dispose of her. At the moment one of his fellow conspirators left the conference entirely, Edwin coughed, and began spitting out a long string of words yet again!

"Already, one of us departs... This is exactly what I mentioned earlier. Infighting. Look at what it's caused." Edwin's voice was noticeably raised, and tainted by frustration.

"Anyway. Down to business. A state of total war is absolutely out of question. We would suffer unimaginable losses! Our gains would be dwarfed by the sheer number of wasted credits. Let the One Sith deal with the clone army. It is none of our concern. However, saying that, I still believe a strike on the cloning facility would prove useful, if only to strike fear into the Prime Minister, and perhaps improve individual relations with the One Sith, which, I assure you, will prove useful from every perspective!" Edwin paused to breathe.

"As to charity... Do so if you wish, though I shall steer clear of such actions. I am here to make money. I am here to secure my money. I am here to secure my future! A future in which the Prime Minister has no place! We are independent corporations, we are not obligated to save civilians. So she wants to kill everyone? What are we supposed to do about it? Come to Czerka Arms! It's a safe haven for the weak and old! No, I don't think so. I urge you to consider this. If you attempt to save every living soul, you will fail, and you will suffer significant losses." While his words may have sounded rather harsh, and while they may have made him seem like a selfish old man with too many credits on his hands, it was necessary to get this point across, no matter how controversial. There was no sidestepping around the fact that people would die, and saving them would only hinder this Alliance.

"Strike teams. Good point. I agree fully with [member="Uriel Escria"]. For that reason, I have begun production of a small company of assassin and saboteur droids. Production will not be done until at least a day or two from now. If this new task force is to be formed, we require a rallying point. Once that is settled, I shall send my 68 troops to the given position. Why do I do this, you may ask? To test out my design, while also contributing to the effort.

Forgive me for my words. What I say is true, however. We must find a balance between war and subtlety. Small-scale engagements, skirmishes, assassinations and factory takeovers are as far as I am willing to go. I believe that is the best course of action."

OOC Note: Whoever finds the reference hidden in Edwin's speech is awesome.

Edit (In response to [member="Yusan Fenn"], to avoid posting so soon):

Edwin swiftly turned to face the man addressing him. It seemed this council was slowly coming to an agreement.

"Well of course! Purposefully attacking civilian zones is not only immoral, but also a total waste of time and resources! If we are to fight, I completely agree with you. We are to strike only at locations vital to the Prime Minister. However, keep in mind that the Prime Minister may abuse this. She may very well place critical target deep within highly populated locations! If it comes to that... We simply must accept the fact that not everyone can be saved. Even if we launch a small-scale attack, without the use of artillery or explosives, there still will be civilian casualties..."

His eyes found [member="Lord Mythos"] upon hearing the words and he sighed as his hand came to rub his eyes. "You and I both agree that it was the fault of those Senators in Exile for allowing this to come to pass. But their failure to keep in check their leader does not mean they should be put to death by those of your people." He made sure the conversation would be more secluded so not to interrupt the conversation on tactics. Strike teams were a good idea as [member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"] and [member="Uriel Escria"] had suggested, he would need to address their slight lack of concern for collateral damage after. "Though without repercussion for their failure i am not suggesting. They failed the republic in more ways than simply allowing this tyrant the power to do as she so wished. Perhaps sanctions on them would go over better than death... keep in mind that these people did oppose the woman. It should be those whom supported Lasedri you should target for your... bloodlust." He still had a hint of disdain but he was none the less agreeing with Mythos that those who are at fault should be dealt with like the traitors they were.

His eyes now turned to Edwin and Uriel before running a hand up to his eyes and rubbing them. "Lets see... Your suggestions make a great deal of sense though i find the lack of... preservation for life alarming. I understand war is a very messy thing, hell ive been through more than enough of it to know how it ends. Hurts to die as im sure any Sith here understand with their fame for being unkillable." He smiled at the thought. So many sith had cheated death he felt not a bit special for doing it himself... granted it wasn't a choice of his but none the less. "My point is though, your last suggestion was far more logical. I would ask those here to if possible avoid unnecessary strikes outside of vital zones. Avoiding residential structures and outlying towns if possible. Like you suggested, small-scale engagements that work in tandem with the Republic Navy that opposes Lasedri?"

Shoulders shrugged at the statement from Mr. Fenn, Mythos let the smoke leave his lips slowly as he prepared to speak, before he did however, his tuk'ata brought in his mouth a golden goblet, created by his associate [member="Lord Ajihad"]. Mythos shook his head at the sight, the hound was being his usual self at the very least. "I don't give a kark what the senate did or did not do. I am but an extension of the will of his Majesty. " He smiled and shrugged one last time, flicking the lit deathstick a few meters and letting the smoke leave his lips in a short burst. "I simply follow orders, execute my mission with extreme prejudice and come back to Atrisia with silver, spoils and gold. Rinse,repeat. Besides, the sentence of a guilty verdict is death, there is no guarantee of such a verdict until after a trial."

The sith lord leaned back on his throne while contemplating the jumbled words of the conference, trying to get as much information as he could to properly understand the grievances of the private sector a bit better. "The justice system of my order is flawless, the counsel of three kings is also something i have been planning on creating for the betterment of the galaxy, this might be a great time to put it in effect."

The first time he mentioned the project outside of closed doors was now, a court of justice where three kings acted as judge, jury and in some cases executioners. He thought the model the next natural evolution of the justice system and would see it placed under full effect. Impartial, infallible and impossible to corrupt, that was the goal.

[member="Yusan Fenn"] [member="Danger Arceneau"] [member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"] [member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] [member="Uriel Escria"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom