Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A United Front - Emergency Holo Conference OOC

tumblr_m3mtl68bjM1qju80b.gif

Well it has certainly been an interesting 24 Hours!

Let's recap:

The burden of politics [GR dominion for Tholatin] - Prime Minister Genevieve has staged a coup using a Spaarti Creations grown clone army to do her bidding and bring forth the Republic she wishes to form.

The Republic: Red Dawn [ooc/info]

Patricia Susan Garter said:
The Republic is lost, the senate overthrown, corporate assets seized, and martial law declared among the Republic worlds. Current Prime Minister Genevieve has staged a coup using a Spaarti Creations grown clone army to do her bidding and bring forth the Republic she wishes to form. How might this of happened though? How was the republic so careless to not see what was in front of them this whole time? Years ago the Prime Minister had commissioned the creation of a clone army, one that dwarfed the Republic's army during the clone wars of old.

Going to Spaarti Creations CEO Patricia Susan Garter the business woman agreed to create this army in secrecy for the Prime Minister in order to safeguard the republic from the hands of the Sith and internal corruption. For years the army grew and trained until they were introduced into the Republic via Contruum and Balmorra, though the Republic suffered losses on both worlds the clones had proven themselves in battle by eliminating and overpowering the forces they were pit against.

The Republic did not question or deny this aide, nor did the senate object or lift a finger when the executive order was given to spread and station the army across republic worlds. Now with the army in place it was time to clean house of traitors. Advisor and representative of Cartao Patricia Susan Garter staged a fake coup in order to give the Prime Minister emergency power to eliminate Sith spies, collaborators, and cleanse the Republic of all who sought to bring her down. However this was not what happened, for the Prime Minister had her own secret agenda. Nationalizing all assets of corporations and giving them to the people much like the Rebellion on Geonosis.

As one of the writers on site who enjoy the Corporate game, this is an interesting bit of Corporate roleplay few ever get to do, much less against a Major Faction's IC leader and what would be a civil war of sorts within the Republic itself; both political and military.

Cutting Ties & Severance - CEC, Tenloss Corporation, AEL, Silk Holdings have all denounced the Prime Minister's agenda and have cut ties with the Republic, seeking to help relocate employees and assets of those affected.

Danger, Will Robinson - Prime Minster has utilized her clone army to start the nationalization of all independent corporations within Republic Territory. Notable affected Companies with locations in Republic Space are:
  1. Tenloss Corporation
  2. Mandal Hypernautics
  3. Salacia Consoildated
  4. Arceneau Trade Company,
  5. Adasca BioMechanical Corporation of Arkania (ADASCORP)
  6. Sasori Research
  7. Damorian Manufacturing
  8. Quill Industries
  9. KSLH Corporation
  10. Justice Shipping Ltd
  11. Aurora Industries
  12. Thaxis Frontiers
  13. Eshan Industrial Corporation
  14. Reardon Metalworks
  15. Apoleia Inc
  16. Mon Calamari Shipyards
  17. Blith-Tech
  18. Xieng corporation
  19. Wisdom Tree Knowledge-Store
  20. BidPac Mining Co.
  21. Johari Mining
  22. iBorg Prosthetic Augments
  23. Arctis Genetics
  24. InterGalactic Exports
  25. Eridium Industrial
  26. Spaarti Creations [Canon]

As a result, Danger has pulled as many connections and favors as she has on hand for an emergency Holo-Conference to come to an accord on how to deal with the situation, for this is sure to cause a stirring around the corporate world one way or another either through primary or secondary effects.

Currently, priority is on evacuating and protecting the lives of all independence corporate entities affected within the area against the Republic Clone Army's unprovoked assault. All means of aide in helping in this endeavor along with the removal of any assets are welcomed.

Corporate Warfare Against the Republic Clone Army - Bounty up and live.

Danger has currently placed a bounty on the Republic Clone Army and to ensure the protection and defense of all evacuating personnel as well as giving additional monies for the reclamation of any seized assets to their respective rightful owner.

The neutralization of the Republic army is another addition to the bounty, and AEL has offered to add onto the rewards by offering custom made technology for those who provide the most aide.

The bounty on Spaarti Creations facilities and production plants are tentatively on hold until verification of the proposed method of neutralizing the clone army is complete. As it is that the CEO of Spaarti Creations supplied the clone army, this is held in suspect and one can only hope for her sake that this is not another form of treachery.

Could this perhaps be the catalyst for Corporate Warfare... or the creation of the largest Corporate Alliance that spans beyond Major Faction lines? Anything could happen!

Not all corporations are expected to join, but at the very least this will make for fantastic Corporate role-play as we interact with each other. I aim to involve the Republic Senate through the Senator of Brentaal IV [member="Ordon Trozky"] and even spin a political twist into this!

The holo-conference will be posted shortly so stay tune!

Mind if I jump in? Lucky for me I operate well away from the republic sector but this stuff looks like it can expand at any moment so.

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Sounds like it could be fun.

Any limits on who can or cannot join? I'd certainly fancy joining in with Czerka Arms. I mean, I've only submitted one mass-produced product as of yet, but still, this could encourage me to build some new models. War is good for business.

But then again, I'm not entirely sure how this works. I probably should stay out of it, but... I don't think I want to miss an opportunity such as this one. Hell no. This is too exciting.

giphy.gif

count me in for sure. ;)

James Justice is going total William Wallace here; radicalizing, privateering to take back whatever anyone needs and whole-sale guerrilla warfare. Tactics that will be employed:

-Hit and runs
-Privateering
-Bombings
-ambushes
-psychological warfare

Considering that we are smugglers and mercenaries that span the galaxy at Justice Shipping that pride ourselves in our shaddowy-impossible to peg down nature, I think it would be safe to say that a minimum of our stuff would be tainted so the fleet should be more than able to fight to take back anything.

With that in mind; anyone specifically want Justice Shipping to re-po your stuff? :)

[member="Yusan Fenn"] sure!

[member="Xander Black"] Of course!

[member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"] not to worry, we will all congregate together and see what happens.

At the very least, aide and support for the evac and defense of those employees will be pushed.

At the most, a potential push to help the Senate dispose of the Prime Minister and her Clone Army through a united Corporate front.

And then we also have everything and all in between!

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
This is originally Mr. Ash, and I would like to be tagged in conjunction with others for this conference, as a security contractor with whom Mr. Darell Irani coudl recommend. The money seems good.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Okay, so I don't want to sound like a broken record here. When planning for Red Dawn the people in talks for it asked about nationalizing assets in Republic Space, this was shot down due to only wanting this to be an internal event for both the republic and anyone else who wanted to get involved. However for some reason this plot point went forward anyways despite the fact that it wasn't supposed to, and for that i am deeply sorry. But I've gotten word from [member="Popo"] that even when the prime minister is dead and the republic has returned to normal and all assets are returned to their owners, that the corporate alliance will continue to gang up on the republic.

Now, i am profusely apologizing for this mistake and o would of stopped it if i had known it was happening. But I'm asking is for you to show some empathy and compassion towards your fellow writers who simply want to have fun and tell a story. A mistake was made and I wish we could call it non canon but it's too late for that. During this event you are all welcome to attack the clone army, destroy buildings, do whatever you want, because that's what the event is here for, to have fun. But continued aggression towards a faction on one person's mistake is wrong.

I ask again that once this is settled that the witch hunt ends and we can allow writers to have fun and RP the faction that they love. "The greatest threat the republic has faced." Can come another day, but right now I am pleading and I will beg if you ask me to to simply let this all end when the event wraps up. Thank and I hope that this can be resolved without any ooc drama.

You could, always, you know, play along with it IC like you should, and allow your actually characters to justify why they should be left out of it, instead of trying to beg people OOCly to not give consequences to what goes on. It was pretty clearly a thing at least a good amount of the Republic was planning towards, even if everyone wasn't.

There's plenty of ways to take this that let you both keep the Republic in tact, and actually participate IC. Fun ways, even. It just looks sad to ask people to ignore the plot that is going on because you don't like it.

I'm not sure how the OOC half of this is going, but IC this is a perfectly valid plotline to follow, that should have perfectly valid consequences to all members of the Republic who are in leadership positions, in the coming days. Asking people to ignore that is kind of a terrible thing to do as an RPer.

Will the Republic maybe be no longer trusted? Will corporations abandon it completely if it does survive? Will it lose itself? Will it be taken over from within in a coup? Who knows! All of these should have different consequences and reactions, playing out IC.

And just because people IC might dislike the Republic for this, it doesn't mean they OOCly don't like you, or want you to have fun - and assuming that it instantly will mean that if they do is kind of rude.

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

Hey you. Yeah, you with the hair and probably no pants!*

Did you miss the part where people have been reacting ICly? Let this thing run its course. This is all one big, fat, jolly opportunity. Oh, opportunity. You'll find I love that word when it comes to RP.

Look at it this way...

Right now, the Republic is getting more IC attention than it has in a very, very long time. Milk it for all it's worth.

Keep complaining, and this will not be enjoyable. Roll with the punches, and you may very well have the time of your life.

And yes, what [member="Lahi Te'ala"] said.

*British definition of pants. Obviously.

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

Enough of this nonsense. A thing happened. The thing has consequences. There's a conflict now. A big one. Someone kicked the hornets nest, here come some goddamn hornets.

Danger Arceneau, ICly and OOCly, is a very reasonable person. All these corporations that are amassing? They are largely her allies. If she tells them to stop, there's a 90% chance they'll knock off whatever they're doing with pleasure. When the current rogue government holding sway over the Republic is deposed, it's up to their successors to negotiate a cease fire and make the necessary overtures. If they fail to do that, it's on them.

These consequences will stop when it gets resolved ICly. Not a moment sooner. Don't post here again until you come to grips with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom