Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A True Test

[member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Maleus"]

Leori could sense intense pain nearby and she frowned. The dark presence following them seemed to be aggressive now...

She turned to Vladimir and nodded. "He is back. He is dangerous, and has already hurt someone while pursuing us. He is a Force user, and reeks of the dark side." The Jedi Master checked the small of her back for her lightsaber hilt. She didn't want to use it, especially in a place meant for healing and not violence.

Her eyes searched the room for anything of use to them. "A confrontation is likely to result in injuries"

Continued down the hall-way, his billowing cloak dragged across the tiles as he did so. His foot-falls were but whispers until he came to a stop at the door-way, soon the mechanic shutters opened as it's sensors picked up movement. Now he stood as a wedge in the door-way.
His face contorted into a malignant grin. His saber levitated in his grasp, he turned over the handle looking it at contently, as if he were measuring it's weight. Then he'd toss it underhand to Leori, knowing well she was force sensitive as well. His gaze fell along them both.
"Let's talk, shall we?"
Leori Sheltrak
Vladimir Kirov

Watching the dark man step into the room Vladimir raised an eyebrow, Leori had predicted he would be violent and here he was peacefully turning over his weapon. He was certainly hard to predict, when not even a few minutes prior he had been intentionally trying to provoke them by being offensive, now he wanted to talk, presumably peacefully though the Hapan man knew better then to underestimate anyone.

Now in the relative privacy of the room Leori had chosen Vladimir could be less concerned about attracting the attention of local law enforcement, this opened up many more options then were previously available. For now they could have a chat if that is all this man wanted.

“Yes, let’s chat, what do you want? You seem awful concerned with what is obviously not your business.” Vladimir stated firmly staring down the other man.

[member="Maleus"] [member="Leori Sheltrak"]

A vision.. The dank smell of alcohol filled the air. Just as quickly the smell of alcohol was replaced by that of burnt flesh. Corrosive heat struck down the vile and decrepit collection of peoples in great number. They all would have died They should have died.. But fate showed it's hand yet again.. Adorned in an array of cybernetics a man veered into the bar, quickly he called upon a staff bearing electronic couplings which whirled to life.

In just that short period of time, he had inspired such a fear great in him, that it rivaled even that of his master... With the vestiges of his vision fading away he would return to the land of the living. The two still eyed him with a cautious air.
His hands gripped the shoulder-straps which held his cloak tight upon his frame. With a deliberate tug it'd fall to the ground. His bare chest bore a horrendous vortex scars, a gaping chasm lay just over his breast.
"No tricks, I come to you now as genuine as ever.. I require answers." He felt Leori's power, she was someone of importance. "I know someone of your caliber knows people, and as such you have information on numerous peoples.. Well.. A man, I seek him... He seems to be more man than machine.. He wields a great number of weapons. What's his name? Where is he?"
He pointed to his chest. "You will tell me."
Leori Sheltrak

Vladimir Kirov

The Jedi Master turned around when the door opened, with her hand on her lightsaber hilt. He was blocking the door, so they weren't going anywhere for the moment. She watched him closely and listened to the whispers of the Force as she awaited his next move. Leori was being cautious. His weapon wasn't activated yet, but that didn't mean that he wasn't dangerous. After all, he'd already hurt someone that she was going to have to heal when business concluded.

She was getting all kinds of mixed messages as she stood there. He was grinning, which was unsettling, but his weapon wasn't activated. Why would he have injured someone if he only wanted to talk? If he wasn't in the mood to talk, why wasn't the lightsaber activated?

And then he tossed it to her. Her hand reached out to grab it. Leori examined it, and felt no danger, so it wasn't going to explode or anything as best she could tell. It seemed that she didn't even have to respond to the darksider, as Vladimir had already made the inquiry as to the topic of discussion.

"Genuine," she repeated. "Answers?" The Jedi Master had no idea what he could possibly want from her. But he thought that she had information. He described a being that she didn't even know. "I have no idea who you are referring to do you have a holo image?"

((I have no clue who you're talking about either, fyi.))

@Maleus [member="Vladimir Kirov"]

If bad ideas were money, he'd be extremely wealthy. The fact of the matter was that the person he sought could most likely be inquired of by his master. But his motives would be questioned. But his motives were to be his own this time. It was a risk that he took and he would have to bear the consequences. "I shouldn't have come here.." He rose form his seat knowing that his inquiry would be fruitless.

The knot that was woven into his chest was reminiscent to the oncoming sensation of anger. "I ask that you return my saber so that I may take my leave." The metallic rasp from his mechanical forearm shrieked as it awaited to receive his belongings.
Vladimir Kirov

Leori Sheltrak

Leori narrowed her eyes. No, he probably shouldn't have come to a place of healing for an interrogation. She nodded, and reached for his lightsaber. "I will have to ask you to leave this facility, as you've done enough damage. Perhaps you will find the information that you seek elsewhere."

She used the Force to levitate the saber hilt to his hand. Her eyes didn't leave the Sith until he left the room. Then, she looked to Vladimir. "Where were we before we were interupted?"

[member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Maleus"]

Watching the exchange between the Sith and Leori he couldn't help but feel he was completely outmatched should this get violent. He kept back his hand on his blaster ready to draw it should the dark man present a threat but as the conversation drew to a close it became rather clear this man, though unstable was not intent on causing them any injury, in fact when he finally left peacefully Vladimir could express nothing but utter confusion from the entire interaction and the look on his face broadcast that sentiment perfectly. Shaking his head and returning his attention to Leori now that the threat had past he let his old habits take hold, he was accustom to playing in two worlds, when he was in a dangerous situation his military training taking hold, social graces were out the window, there was no place for submission in a combat situation and that is what allowed him to command women who in a social situation would be his superiors back home.

Casting his eyes down again Vladimir responded quietly. "I believe you were trying to tell me that you had found some place to serve that was not contrary to the ideals of the Republic, you have piqued my interest."

[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

[member="Vladimir Kirov"]

"Yes, the Order of Silver Jedi. Many of my Jedi colleagues have left the Republic as well, and are building a new sanctuary as we speak. A man of your skill and expertise could keep busy among us. If you'd like, you could travel there with me and see for yourself."

Leori finally had to say something about the lack of eye contact. "I know your home must have been very different from the rest of the galaxy, but you don't have to act or feel inferior to women, or men, or any other being. I have no wish to control you, or make you feel uncomfortable in any way. If you'd like, I could help you relax."

"And what do these Silver Jedi offer that is better then what the Republic offered? I don't pretend to fully understand the politics of what happened to the Republic but the way I saw it the Jedi and Republic senate were pretty closely tied, with that kind of system they lost Coruscant to a foe that probably should not have been able to get anywhere near the planet. How would this be any different then that? Also, all due respect, but how do you know what my skills or expertise is?" Vladimir questioned as he took a seat, he wasn't going anywhere until he was fully convinced this was the path to take, he had made a hasty decision recently only to regret it.

"I do not feel inferior to anyone ma'am, you misinterpret my respect for women as shame for being male. I am not so easy to control, men who serve in the military are not the servants you are likely accustomed to seeing following Hapan women around dutifully doing their bidding. I am not uncomfortable, quite the opposite, other than with the little visit we had with that man not moments ago." Vladimir stated firmly in response.

"Well, the Silver Jedi do not have a political agenda unlike the Republic. The Jedi are meant to serve the people, not politicians. We aren't war mongers." Leori leaned against one of the hospital beds before speaking again. "I have seen some of your skills at the restoration of Ahto, if you recall. And, the Force whispers a great many things to me. Your aura says a lot about you. I do not sense shame, nor do I wish to control you. I am a strong believer in the will of the Force. Random encounters are not coincidence for me."

"Anyway," she said after a pause. "Do you have more questions? I will do my best to answer them."

"What does your force tell you about me exactly?" Vladimir asked warily, he had worked with a few Jedi before but none of them had found it necessary to try to understand him or his motivations and that in itself was a little unsettling. "And if you do not seek war what use would this organization have for a soldier such as myself? I don't know too many pacifists that have much use for soldiers."

Vladimir knew full well there were other uses for soldiers then acts of war but he wanted to see how the woman would respond, it would help him form an opinion of her and this organize she was suggesting he pitch his lot in with. They didn't all have the benefit of the force to bring them all their insights, but those who didn't often found other avenues to approach such problems.

Leori tilted her head. "I don't sense the dark side, I know that you're not Force Sensitive. You are wary of the Force, which means you don't know enough about it to know whether or not you should be worried. But worry not, I do not commonly invade the privacy of others. I could tell you more, but that would be invading your privacy."

She sat down on the gurney before answering his next series of questions. "A soldier who we need to help us defend the world we're on from those that consider us deserters, among the first of many possible enemies. Jedi also frequently investigate reports of dark side activities. Soldiers are trained investigators best I can tell, with tracking skills and hunting skills. And weapons, that can very well kill any being, Force Sensitive or not."

After another pause, she asked "Surely you don't think us so full of ourselves that we don't believe that we are outnumbered in population by over 90 percent of the galaxy's citizens and that some of those people might want us dead. We need allies. And we need allies that can defend themselves. Do you think I have the wrong man, Mr Kirov?"

"Surely Jedi are capable of defending a world on their own if there are enough of you. My experience tells me those who use the force are worth at least a few soldiers of an average level of training. Of course not every soldier is only average..." Vladimir added quietly as he considered the rest of her statements. "I wouldn't say soldiers are investigators, perhaps those with special forces training would fall into that kind of category, or those who are concerned with security within the military, a soldier with military police training would certainly have that kind of training. It so happens I am somewhat proficient as a hunter and tracker though certainly not the best this galaxy has to offer. I am sure there are bounty hunters out there more proficient in those skills then I."

Being somewhat modest Vladimir was actually quite a good tracker, though he wasn't going to start boasting his own skills too much. "No I think you may have the right man, but I reserve the right to re-evaluate this decision once you take me to meet your people, if I feel as if their goals do not align with my own I may just have to move on again."

Leori listened to Vladimir and let him finish before saying anything further. She wanted to let him make up his own mind without influence from her. Often she found that others came to the decision that she hoped for when she let them work through their thoughts on their own. He was entirely too modest, but that wasn't a bad thing. Much like herself.

"That is acceptable." She offered a smile. "Let's be on our way then before we attract other unwanted visitors. I have a ship at the spaceport." The Jedi Master led the way out of the treatment room and out of the medical facility before disappearing into the crowded streets. She did however glance behind her repeatedly to ensure that she didn't lose him in the crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom