Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A True Test

Having only spent a short time with the Republic Vladimir was disgusted with their lack of vision and apparent inability to govern properly. He had not really had the opportunity to settle before the chaos ensued, their inability to protect their capital not once but twice was evidence of this complete failure. He didn’t want anything to do with such an organization. He recognized that as the generally recognized center of the galaxy Coruscant would always be a target for anyone who didn’t hold it but if the Republic was stronger than it would not be such a juicy target for the factions that surrounded it. Certainly the Sith and the Mandalorians were both groups of people known for their violence but it was unlikely either would have made an attempt on Coruscant if they had not smelled the blood in the water so to speak.

As it was Vladimir had decided to make his way away from the core again but his funds were limited so he hadn’t made it far, he had not even been able to afford passage out of Republic space before he had to stop and seek new employment on Kuat which was difficult because he had technically abandoned his post and was AWOL at the moment and he refused to work with criminal elements. Thus far he had found no source of income and as the days passed with little food and no shelter from the elements his morals were tested more and more.

[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

At present, the Jedi Master was on the planet while her ship was refueled and restocked. Leori had been pushing her luck when it came to traveling lately since she spent the entire trip in deep meditation. She'd been feeling very lost for weeks. And the Force had not yet provided direction for her. And so, she'd been traveling and meditating, and stopping on whatever planet she could coast to. Little did she know, this would get her into trouble in the near future, but that was a story for another time.

For the time being, the Jedi Master was visiting the medical centres to see if she could provide an extra pair of hands. More than anything else, she needed a distraction. Work was always a good distraction for Leori. It made her forget about everything but her patients. She was absolutely awful at taking care of herself, and that hadn't changed in twenty years.

Leori walked along the streets of Kuat City on her way to the main facility there.

[member="Vladimir Kirov"]

Stepping past a vendor that was serving food Vladimir couldn’t help but salivate a little, he hadn’t eaten in a few days now, at least not anything of any substance. He could hunt and forage for food on a world less populated but Kuat city offered little in the way of fauna or edible floral. Certainly there were large rodents but they provided little nourishment and certainly didn’t taste very good. Looking away from the food Vladimir continued on down the street, as she walked he thought he saw someone he recognized, a woman he had only very briefly met on the only mission he had done for the Republic. He had to assume she still worked for the Republic so he decided to find himself a different route. He ducked down the next side street hoping to avoid her.

Leori got the strangest sensation as she walked. Someone was avoiding her. That wasn't usual for her. In fact, she was used to people going out of their way to speak to her. It was her position, she thought. It wasn't as though she was vain and believed that everyone found her attractive and just had to talk to her. In fact, she wasn't truly aware of her own appeal. Or whether or not she had any. But at the moment, that wasn't relevant. Why was someone avoiding her? The Jedi Master looked around for familiar faces or presences. She kept walking, and turned down the side street after him.

Unsure of who she was looking for, she kept peering around looking for a sign, though her instincts and senses were leading her in the right direction. And then she spotted him. She narrowed her eyes slightly. Why would he be avoiding her? With aid of the Force, she sped up and tapped him on the shoulder from behind him. "Excuse me, is everything alright?"

Noticing that he was being followed Vladimir tried to duck his pursuer, he had hoped that the woman he had seen hadn't seen him but apparently he had not been so lucky, she had seen him and recognized he was avoiding her. Perhaps he was lucky enough that she didn't actually recognize him, they hadn't worked together much, perhaps her memory wasn't as good as his. He felt her hand on his shoulder and turned slowly, his eyes dropping to the ground to avoid eye contact.

"Everything is fine thank you, is there some way I can assist you?" He acted as if he didn't know the other woman at all, if she didn't recognize him he might just be able to continue on without being turned into the Republic.

Leori was immediately aware of who he was as soon as his eyes dropped. That soldier from Ahto. His name was lost to her. She'd find out eventually. She always did. Her memory was pretty sharp when it came to faces and presences. He had looked away when several women spoke to him and she never did find out why. Now was as good a time as any, the Jedi Master supposed.

"You can tell me why you're avoiding me. Do I frighten you?" Leori looked genuinely concerned. "And why won't you look at me?" Her eyes narrowed.

Various bazaars bugged with activity. Myriads of varied humanoid dined on flesh in the streets. Never was a fan of food being cooked in the open.. His thoughts were cut off as he looked into the orange skies that levitated from above.
The technoscape kept the temperature at a cozy seventy degrees. For the most part it remained a constant.

And so Maleus continued to stride forward, his elegant obsidian cloak billowed freely as the winds danced contently around his person.
His gaze drifted upon [member="Leori Sheltrak"] and Vladimir.
Hmm...

Vladimir Kirov

Vladimir kept his eyes averted as he looked up a bit, he scanned the crowd instinctively to avoid eye contact. "All due respect mi'lady but I am neither frightened of or avoiding you. I am simply going about my business." He forced himself to look at her chin at least. "I apologize if my mannerisms bother you, but if you don't mind I have to get back to searching for a new employer."

[member="Leori Sheltrak"] [member="Maleus"]

Plebeians entertaining each-other in useless banter. A maleficent grin wore across his face revealing the very crevices that lay embedded into his face. Slight degradation started to afflict his physique casting his body in a tone paler than it should have been.

Though his hood did well to hide his condition, and also did well to hide his vestigial horns from view. He was about to spin back into the obscurity of the crowd but for some reason he remained interested. Perhaps it was the sort of off-putting aura the duo exuded..

Nonetheless he'd stand where he was, intently eavesdropping on the duo whilst trying to look occupied by messing with his com-link.

Vladimir Kirov

Leori Sheltrak

Leori looked around when Vladimir did, but not for the same reason. She sensed a dark presence nearby, but that wasn't entirely alarming, yet. In her line of work, she encountered them all the time. The Jedi Master was alert now however.

She blinked at his last words. "New employer?" Leori looked around again. "Come with me please. This is not the place for this conversation." Firmly, she took hold of his arm at the elbow, and directed him toward the medical center she'd been heading to previously. Her voice was much softer now. "I too have left the Republic." Her eyes scanned the immediate area to ensure they weren't be followed, then slipped inside the medical centre.

@Maleus [member="Vladimir Kirov"]

Vladimir noted how the other woman became more alert, something was obviously up, what it was wasn't exactly clear to him. He assumed that something he had triggered the reaction so when she encouraged him to follow her to continue the conversation he hesitated but he wasn't given much of an opportunity to object as she dragged him towards the medical center. He stumbled along beside her trying to regain his footing as she revealed she too had left service of the Republic. He wasn't sure if he could trust her as he really didn't know her and her actions so far didn't really give him any clue one way or the other.

"I don't recall saying anything about leaving the Republic, I merely said I was looking for a new employer, there is a great difference between both statements." Vladimir replied as he followed her into the medical center, he really didn't want to advertise the fact he was AWOL in such a public place.

[member="Maleus"] [member="Leori Sheltrak"]

"Semantics are irrelevant." She looked around. They were safer in the medical centre than on the street. "The Jedi Order has been corrupted by the Republic, and so I left before it became impossible to do so. I'm laying low for now, but I know a place where your skills would be welcome and compensated fairly. I'll tell you more in the privacy of space if you'd like to join me. I won't be here long, just checking in with the staff here to see if they need a Jedi Healer."

Damn..
Maleus Continued to follow the duo into the med-centre. He was met with sterile walls which were painted in neutral shades of white. The tiled floor below had a sort of cellophane-esqe cascading layer over it. It's low permeability for things like air and grease made it an excellent choice when it came to the floors surface.

Even though he was tailing them, and he made it quite obvious, he knew he had the advantage. That advantage of law. While following someone wasn't a crime in itself you could still be questioned for it. He knew this. He also knew that the two would probably assume he was shady Zabrak who just was prodding where he didn't belong.

Perhaps his presence would be seen as annoyance and he'd get questioned outright. Or perhaps he'd be attacked, though he had doubts for the latter option. He hoped the latter was not the case, for he was deep inside enemy lines and would not be able to fight his way out.

His fingers instinctively ascended to where the hole in his chest lay. It stood as a reminder of failure... Still, he continued to watch on.
Leori Sheltrak

Vladimir Kirov

In the stark white of the med-center Vladimir finally picked up on their pursuer, he stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the background. This must be what was making the woman nervous, he narrowed his eyes on the other man making note of the features that could be seen which wasn't much under the cloak he wore. Vladimir leaned in close. "We are being watched stay close, we should confront him before he has an opportunity to spring whatever trap is about to be sprung."

Putting himself instinctively between the woman and their pursuer as he waited for her response.

[member="Maleus"] [member="Leori Sheltrak"]

[member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Maleus"]

Leori knew that her senses were not off when Vladimir got closer to her and moved her out of the line of fire. Not that it would help, considering the Force signature that was radiating from their pursuer. It was difficult to articulate to him. But she spoke softly back to him, "that being is dangerous, I can feel it. If we are attacked, you need to get out of the way."

She shifted around Vladimir then and faced Maleus and gestured for him to approach. "Why are you following us?" she called, loudly enough for many beings around to hear.

His radiant irises burned with hatred. Suddenly he imagined them over-come in an endless fire, the torrential swirls consumed them slowly. Soon their burnt carcasses collapsed, they were nothing more than ash...

The vision was strong enough for him to take two steps back in shock. "Why are you following us?" The average citizen turned their heads on a swivel, they were moderately interested in this somewhat tense series of events.

"Madame, I have no idea what you're talking about." His tone, although neutral held a discernible undertone of disgust. A verbal challenge, if you will. It was as if he were insulting her for thinking such a thing.
"I have more important things to do than focus on the likes of you and your pet."

Leori Sheltrak

Vladimir Kirov

Leori eyed him. He was very clearly lying. Did she want to call him on it? Not particularly. She wasn't looking for a fight. "My mistake then. Pardon the intrusion." And she took Vladimir by the arm and headed further into the medical centre. There were always rooms. The First open corridor she came across, she ducked into and continued until she encountered an open door.

She looked down the corridor to see if they were alone before entering and closing the door.

[member="Vladimir Kirov"] [member="Maleus"]

Knowing his ruse to have succeeded he would press this opportunity. He followed them, well to a point. Suddenly a man adorned in a long white robe approached him. "Sir.." The man grabbed his wrist. Instinctively Maleus's robotic hand snapped against his wrist, almost instantaneously the wrist collapsed under the pressure he exuded. "My apologies doctor, I don't seem to know my own strength." The man grasped his wrist and fled into a nearby corridor.

As he neared the conjoining halls he'd see that he had lost them, or so he thought. Leori stuck her head out haphazardly to catch a glimpse at her surroundings. Yet again he'd motion towards the duo.

Leori Sheltrak
Vladimir Kirov

All the attention from those around them was starting to concern Vladimir, it would only take one concerned citizen to file a report for them all to be arrested for causing a disturbance. If that happened he would most certainly be identified and shipped back for a court martial, he didn't know the penalties for being AWOL in the Republic but he certainly didn't want to find out the hard way. He was anxious to just shrug off the encounter, fortunately enough [member="Leori Sheltrak"] did that for him. Under normal circumstances he certainly would have done much the same, he wasn't so easily offended or provoked into rash action, he liked to consider himself a fair and honorable man and thus tried to be as accepting of different points of view as possible, even if the person was being intentionally offensive as [member="Maleus"] was apparently trying to be.

Being dragged along by his arm again Vladimir pulled his arm free and simply followed along briskly, he had not left his home to get away from being dominated by women just to be dominated by women in the galaxy as a whole. He kept glancing back occasionally to ensure they were not being followed and as far as he could tell they were not. He stepped into the open room behind Leori as she peeked out to ensure they were not followed and his eye caught the dark figure again. This man was clearly playing a game of some sort, given his overall posture it seemed like a high stakes version of hide and seek was going on, there was little doubt in the Hapan's mind that this man was dangerous.

As Leori closed the door Vladimir wasn't entirely sure that she had seen their pursuer. "Seems our friend is back again, perhaps since he is so intent on following us we should invite him in? I would rather know where he is then continue to play this little game of his."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom