Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A troubled soul

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance
div1.png

After their involvement on New Aldera, Valery traveled back to the New Cov Temple with Silas, who had felt different during his confrontation with the Imperial Knight. She remembered what Kahlil had told her about him on other recent missions, and figured that it was time for them to talk about it all. She knew what it was like to deal with frustrations or even anger, and so she understood the danger of not discussing it with someone who can help.

For the location of their meeting, she had settled in the Serenity Springs, once the home to the Seers of her Enclave in the past. Now, it was a place that felt incredibly calm in the Force, and the gentle sound of rushing water helped ease the mind into a more peaceful place. It was the ideal location for meditation or just a simple conversation with some tea.

I9QwGMv.png

With a warm cup in her hands and another waiting on the ground close to her, Valery set crossed-legged in front of the little pool that the falls flowed into. Silas was going to be arriving soon, so she just waited and took the time to focus her senses and keep herself calm. Whatever was going to happen today, she hoped to bring her Padawan a step closer to getting through whatever was on his mind.

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Objective: Talk with Master Valery
Attire
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble
div-green.png
Since his confrontation on New Aldera Silas had been acting out of character. He seemed more secluded and reserved than he usually was and didn't talk to the other padawan. It was clear the thoughts were beginning to reach their boiling point, as well as his physicality which was suffering from the lack of energy. Doing constant training and exercise with no sleep was starting to catch up with him especially after he fell asleep during an important ethics lesson.

During one of his classes, he had been notified that Master Noble wanted to speak with him at serenity springs. For once, he felt quite nervous talking to his master. Deep down he knew she must have noticed his strange behavior by now, but his head didn't want to believe it. Along the way up to the springs, he had somewhat convinced himself it was a regular catch up and nothing that would question him. The fear of exposing who he was to the master had taken a grip on him. He didn't want to lose another family, not a second time.

Hesitating slightly, Silas took a deep breath and walked into the calm atmosphere of the springs. He had come here a few times before to talk with his master on progress, and he'd happily consider it to be one of his favorite places. It was one of the few areas that truly eased his mind "Master Valery... I'm sorry to have kept you waiting" he said politely with the best smile he could muster in his sleepish state. Unsure of Valery's true motives he slowly sat down and grasped the cup in his hands.

"Why do you wish to see me Master, have I done something wrong?"

Last edited:

"Done something wrong?" Valery blinked, then shook her head with a smile. She waited for him to sit down and accept the tea, and only then did she continue, "No, you're not in trouble but I have noticed that you've been feeling... different, for some time now," Valery said before she took a sip from her tea. Her body language was relaxed and her tone remained calm, hoping it would help create an atmosphere that relieved tension, rather than create it.

"You've felt more restless, and it's affecting your training as well."

She gestured around to the room, "That's why I called you out of your class to meet me here. Sometimes, lessons and training can wait and it's better to just take a step back and get the rest you need." Valery looked at him, carefully gauging his reaction so far. Because while she did want him to take some rest, she understood that he was low on energy for a reason — it wasn't just because of hard work or classes.

Something was on his mind, and she hoped he would open up slowly.

"But I was also hoping we could talk about why you've been feeling this way. Has something happened or are you nervous about something?"

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Attire
div-green.png
Silas took a sip of his tea and looked down at his hands, for some reason they were shaking. He didn't know if it was because his hands were struggling to stay calm or because of no sleep, it wouldn't have been a surprise to know it was a mixture of both. Nervously Snapping his gaze between the item and Valery, Silas lowered the cup back down to the floor and left it for now "Different? In... in what way?" he asked as he began to fumble with his own hands on his lap.

The padawan seemed to avoid eye contact with his master and instead looked towards the spring. He still listened, and as time went on his face was show a mixture of emotions. Sadness, confusion... he simply didn't know what to tell the Master. For now, he kept quiet, even when she mentioned he had been restless.

His fears of her noticing were coming true, the very thing he was convincing himself wouldn't happen. If he didn't tell Valery, his suffering would continue and he'd stay in the order. Although, if he told her the truth, he was scared she'd cast him aside and make him leave the order from the potential of what he could become. Either way, there was no easy around it.

He seemed to sit there silently for a short time, silently looking to the ground to try and figure out what to say. Silas couldn't think straight, exhaustion clouded his mind "I'm just so tired..." he released with great effort, keeping his gaze on the floor "I just want it to end" Silas said in a tone, finally meeting the gaze of his master with tears welling up in his sleep deprived eyes.

"I just don't want to lose another family, not again..."

Last edited:

She noticed the way he was avoiding eye contact, and the shift in emotions was definitely something she picked up on as well while she talked about what she had felt from him. But she wasn't going to pressure him too much into talking and allowed him the time he needed to find the right words, even if they didn't quite cover everything. Just a small sign of him opening up was all she needed to help him, and soon enough, he spoke to her.

"I'm just so tired..." he released with great effort, keeping his gaze on the floor "I just want it to end"

She looked at him with a slightly saddened smile, but what he added after about losing another family sparked some thought. He had already lost his family, and now the Jedi had essentially become his family.

Was he afraid to lose them?

"Why are you afraid to lose another family?" she asked with a more careful tone. "Did something happen or is it because of what happened to your parents?"

"If you can tell me what's on your mind, I can help you. I always will, Silas,"
she said with an almost motherly tone. It was really hard for her to see her Padawans struggle like this, and if there was anything she could do to help them feel better, she would. Nothing could stop her from that.

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Attire
div-green.png
Silas was doing well to keep it all together considering he had been emotionally and physically exhausted. Now that Valery asked him to tell her, he couldn't lie and walk away again. Whatever he did spelled bad news, maybe it was time to simply swallow his pride and let the truth out. The least it was going to do was ease his suffering, just for a little while at least. He just didn't want Valery and the others to hate him for who he was, a spawn of the sith that was more than likely considered monsters in their time.

Instinctively, Silas's hand reached to his chest and grasped something that was under his shirt. Around his neck was a necklace, one that was still out of sight other than the old piece of rope that was around his neck. It was the only thing he had left of his family, an heirloom of sorts that had been passed down through countless generations. Silas himself didn't know its past, but from the looks of it, the necklace appeared to be quite ancient. He wore it for comfort most times, and when he did, it made him feel more energised which was strange when he had done hours upon hours of exercise. With it on today, he had felt more awake than he did for a long time.

Gulping, he finally let it go and looked back to the master with a clear frown "Something happened on Empress Teta..." he finally said hesitantly, shifting around uncomfortably as he finally spilled the truth "During the defense, I encountered someone I shouldn't have, a spiritual entity" Silas continued as he looked to the floor again, not wanting to see his masters expressions "Sh- she... was trying to get me to worship her to know of who I was" he explained, remembering how she had seemingly transported to another part of the galaxy in a blink of an eye that day.

"I refused... But then- but then she said..." with all the courage he had left, he looked at Valery in the eyes and urged himself to spit it out "My ancestors were sith"

Once all was said he slowly put his head into his hands and expected the worse. Some tears found their way down his cheeks, but he dared not weep. He was just so scared of what was going to happen, even if Val found it in her heart to look past it he was still going to be frightened of what he was going to become. If many had fallen before him, who said he wasn't going to do the same?

Last edited:

After she tried to get him to open up, Valery remained quiet and watched him closely. She noticed him reaching for a necklace, but she made no comment about it and gave him the time he needed to open up. When he finally did, she felt the shift in emotions through the Force, as he talked about Empress Teta and the spirit he had encountered there. Valery had dealt with them many times herself and knew just how devious they could be.

More often than not, they wouldn't openly attack to try and cause physical harm — they turned their mind and memories against whoever they targeted. In Silas' case, it happened in the form of a revelation that struck him to the core.

"My ancestors were sith."

Watching him bring his face down to his hands, she shifted over and if he focused on it, he would only feel comfort from her through the Force. She wrapped an arm around his shoulders and gently pulled him close against her, "You are not your ancestors, Silas - they don't determine who you are," Valery began with a calm voice. "Kahlil is the son of a former Sith Emperor, and look where he is now in life."

Gently, she rubbed the side of his shoulders and hoped to offer him the comfort he needed, "I understand it's difficult, but as long as you stay true to who you really are, everything is going to be alright."

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Attire
div-green.png
Silas was expecting Valery to be different from this, but instead, she was nothing but calming and reassuring. He felt a calm wave fall over him as Valery pulled him in closer, allowing him to put his head on her shoulder while she talked to him calmly. She seemingly wasn't mad at all and seemed like she had dealt with it before. Most likely through Kahlil, and possibly through other students that were long gone "B-but... they are of my blood" he said in a low tone, bringing up a hand to wipe away some of the tears in his eyes.

"I know about K-Kahlil... but he's a different breed. He has the strength of an army, while I'm just a confused kid" he said back, his body beginning to unwind from its tense state a bit more "I wish I could say yes master, b-but I don't know" Silas lightly gripped her arm and wiped away some more tears, keeping back the tired sobs that were desperate to come out

"I-I just don't want to snap and hurt you guys. The order is the only thing I have left..." the boy gasped just before his hand went to the necklace again. Gripping it helped bring him comfort because it was the very last thing his parents gave him to carry on. Through his heart and necklace, they would always be with him, just as Valery was doing right now.

Looking up to Valery he shyly smiled the best he could through the pure emotion being released from his shoulders, but after a few moments, his lips couldn't help but frown again. There was something he was meaning to ask, the guidance of a sort to help him go in the right direction. Right now, his lost mind didn't know where to turn.

"How do you face your family's past when you know nothing about them to begin with..."

Last edited:

Valery listened to him quietly and intently, and spoke with a calm tone, "Kahlil was a 17-year-old boy when he left the Sith, and while much of his life between then and meeting me has been very difficult, he got through it. You're very strong yourself, and you're also not alone in this," Valery tried to assure him. No matter what happened or what needed to be done, she'd be there to help him along the way. Whether it was giving advice or joining him to figure things out.

"I-I just don't want to snap and hurt you guys. The order is the only thing I have left..."

She nodded, "That's why it's good you told me, so I can help you." As 'easy' as it sometimes was to keep things away from others with the idea of tackling the issue alone, some situations couldn't be resolved that way. It took a lot of bravery to bring up something as deep and personal as this, so she was really proud that he did.

Looking at him, she noticed there was more on his mind, so she continued to offer her comforting support, and gave him the time to ask the question he had on his mind.

"How do you face your family's past when you know nothing about them to begin with..."

"Well, sometimes there's more about your family in old records than you might know, or if it's really important to your personal journey, the Force might be able to guide you as well." With that said, she paused and seemed to consider something for a moment before speaking up again, "I will warn you though, it's important you approach this carefully, and perhaps only if you have my help. Going too deep into the past can cause problems."

"But if the Force is trying to show you something or if you feel something from your past is affecting you, then confronting it will be something we have to do."

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Attire
div-green.png
In ways, Silas was a fool to think Valery wouldn't support him through this.

His Master had stuck with him through thick and thin up till now, and there was no chance she was going to abandon him over something she had experienced before through Kahlil. He just wasn't sure what her reaction would be if it were a student, because Kahlil had years to adjust compared to Silas who had only known only a few months previous. If he was going to get through this, he'd need every last bit of help Master Valery could offer. Going at it alone would be good by any means.

Lifting himself away from her, he looked to the floor and thought about what she said. Silas knew he wouldn't be at peace until he knew more about them. That way, he'd be able to know how to feel moving forwards. At the same time, Valery was also correct in the regard to it possibly getting worse. Everything had that risk, but it all depended on one thing for Silas...

"I-I want to know more about them and see who they really were. If they chose that way of life, I want to know why" he finally answered, his head looking to Valery with a more calm attitude "I'm sorry Master, but it's a risk I'm going to have to take. But, I know no matter what happens you'll be there for me" he said with a shy smile "I feel the force has been urging me to know the truth, a conclusion to all of the obsessive thoughts and nightmares I've been going through."

Silas lightly clutched the pendant that was underneath his top for comfort, trying to ward off the negative emotions flowing through him. Doing something so emotionally tolling a day after his birthday was crap, but for his own safety, it had to be done.

"I don't even know what I can use to begin our search... The only thing I have left from my family is the necklace they gave me before they died"

Last edited:

"Of course, I'll be there with you, Silas," Valery said in response when he explained what he felt he needed to do. In many other cases, she would have advised heavily against it, but the Force had shown him more about his past, and so it seemed that destiny was going to lead to confrontation one way or another. It would be far better if she supported the decision, and thereby place herself in a position that allowed her to help him directly.

This was his lesson to learn and his journey, but she would be right there alongside him.

Watching him rise, Valery got up to her feet and stepped closer when he talked about the necklace, her hand reaching out to gently touch it, but not remove it from around his neck - she wanted to get a closer look. The second her fingers touched it, however, she felt a rush of emotions digging deep inside, attempting to access the inner conflict she always kept locked away. It sparked her taking a step back with widened eyes that slowly shifted up to her Padawan.

"Silas... that necklace," she said with a frown. "Is it heavy to wear?" She asked, which wasn't about the weight of the item, but the way it affected him through the Force.

"It feels dangerous but it might be a key to finding where you need to go."

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Attire
div-green.png
"Thank you..."

He was relieved that Valery was going to be there every step of the way, without her he didn't know what he was going to do. If he knew he was able to do it by himself, Silas would have been out right now. This was his nightmare to sort out, not anyone else's. Although in this instance, he had no idea of where to go, he needed guidance to be put on the right path. Silas trusted master Valery with all his soul, she knew what needed to be done for him to carry on his life.

Slowly, he pulled out the necklace and held it in his hand to give him comfort in the stressful situation. His eyes looked to Valery who stepped forward and reached over to clutch the necklace, an action she would soon regret. Upon touching it, he sensed something was wrong and stepped back a few paces with his eyes wide in confusion. What had just happened? did the necklace affect Master Valery somehow? something was certainly off from the look on her face.

"No... it never felt heavy. I feel it comforts me when I feel stressed or emotional" he replied quickly, cautiously staring at the master who was certainly startled by the necklace he was wearing "What happened Master?!" he demanded in confusion, not sure what she meant by how his gift was the key to finding out more.

"Surely not, this was a gift from my parents. They would never give me something "dangerous," the boy said to her with a hint of aggression in his tone. The hand that was still clutching the pendant seemed to squeeze harder than before. Yet, as he stood there for a few moments in thought the fact it was indeed a family heirloom dawned on him. Deep down, he begged that his final gift from the people he loved wasn't a creation of the sith. No, he couldn't believe it, not yet.

"I'm sorry master, but you must be wrong. It's just a normal necklace like any other, an innocent piece of hanging metal..."

Last edited:

Outfit | XoXo
Location | New Cov Temple
Tag | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

"What happened Master?!"

Valery frowned for a moment and found her eyes shifting down from his to the necklace around his neck. Its aura and the effects she had felt on touch still lingered in her mind, but she was cleansing herself from it. "Calm down, it's alright," she said when he grew more aggressive and defensive about the pendant, "I don't think your parents would ever intentionally give you something that caused you harm or trouble, but there is something darker about it," Valery said.

In this case, she didn't even need to use her skills as a former Jedi Shadow to understand something was off. What she felt after touching it confirmed everything she feared regarding the item.

"It's not just a normal necklace, I'm afraid. It is a Force-imbued item of some kind and considering what you've told me about your family, I believe it might be the key we're looking for." She wasn't quite sure how it was going to point them in the right direction yet, but perhaps the Force could guide them if they used it correctly.

"I'm not saying we'll destroy or damage it, but maybe it can help us find where we can really start this journey of looking into your past?"

ValSword.png

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Attire
div-green.png
"No... it can't be. Why does it not affect me as it does to you?!" he replied sternly back to Valery, taking another step back away from her. The more agitated and aggressive he got the more the necklace used the opportunity to feed dark energy into his soul. It was almost as if he was unintentionally feeding off it, driving him forwards to a negative reality. Silas slowly shook his head at what the master was saying, she must have been playing a trick on him or trying to test him in some way.

Looking up at her his hand seemed to be shaking from how hard he was squeezing the pendant now, not wanting her to come anywhere near it. Silas was in denial of her claims, he didn't want to believe such a sacred item to him was instead surrounded by the hatred of the Darkside. Yet, the fact she mentioned there was a possibility of him finding out more of his ancestors seemed to make him ease up slightly.

The hand that was once shaking seemed to ease up slightly but had an iron grip on the metal that dangled from his neck. Silas stared straight into the woman's eyes cold, one that showed caution behind it "How though? where do you purpose we could even start?" the boy said seriously, curious as to where they could look first. His guess would be the library, but he doubted his family would be prominent enough to be mentioned in the great documentation of the Jedi.

At the same time, Silas felt strange. He had never been so defensive before over the object in his life, and he felt like he was about to snap at Valery who was only trying to help him.

Was she really telling the truth?

Outfit | XoXo

"There are lots of reasons why that could be the case, Silas," Valery said, her tone more careful when she noticed how defensive he was getting. It was very much unlike him — he had always been extremely polite and kind, so to see him like this only reinforced her belief that whatever was haunting him was likely amplified by the necklace around his neck. So even though it was uncommon to really dive into the past as a Jedi, she had even more reason to do it now.

However, it also meant she likely would have to commit to something unpleasant.

"How though? where do you purpose we could even start?"

"To figure out its origins and what it is exactly with normal research will take very long. But if you let me touch it, I can use the Force for guidance through something called Psychometry," she explained, hoping he may have heard of it. "It will help me receive glimpses of the necklace's history and even emotions tied to it."

Valery then paused and considered her next words carefully, "There is one small risk, though. Using Psychometry on something corrupted or something that has been involved in events with powerful emotions can make it a very unpleasant experience. So I'll have to ask you to sit down with me again, and hand over the necklace for a moment." There was no way she'd do it standing up, just in case it would knock her down to the ground.

"But I will promise that it's going to give us answers we can use to figure out where to go next."

ValSword.png

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Attire
div-green.png
"It will help me receive glimpses of the necklace's history and even emotions tied to it."
"You can do that?" he said with an uneasy tone. That comment alone seemed to ease him up slightly, and if it meant knowing the truth about his past he'd have to trust his Master. Silas knew she wouldn't do anything without his knowledge but this was different. With such a personal item, he just couldn't help but be cautious. As he listened on, his gaze fell to the floor from the realization of what she was something. He needed to swallow his doubts for now and just hand it over.

Hesitantly, his hands reached up to his neck and slowly raised it above his head. Silas didn't hand it to her straight away, all he did was look at it before extending his hand until she was able to grasp it herself. The boy nervously sighed and sat himself down on the floor before his master, finally having the confidence to look at her as she began to read the necklace.

"Please, just be careful Master..." Silas asked of her, not only for herself but for the item too
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upon touching the pendant, Valery began to feel the same feelings she had first felt it. Immense pressure battled against her mentality and beliefs, one that would feel very uncomfortable to those who are pure at heart. It took time for Valery to break through at first, but eventually, a scene began to develop within the master's mind.

In front of her was a large hall, showered in wealth and power that oozed from the very structure. Bright torches lit up the cold gloomy stone materials, only leaving a dark wall that shrouded the view of the throne and those who stood there in waiting. In Valery's view, it was almost as if she was the person wearing the pendant themselves, the only difference being they had no control at all. The she was spectating took their time to walk through the long hall, each step echoing back to them like a boomerang. Slowly but surely, the person came to the edge of the darkness and knelt down.

"Father..." the young individual said respectfully, a kid who was the same age and shared the same manner as Silas. Within the abyss multiple figures stood there, staring at the boy in nothing but silence "Rise, my son" a stern voice from the throne, a hulking figure who had a terrifying presence about him. Silence soon followed again, something that indicated a stern atmosphere "Your assignment, explain" he finally demanded, his body leaning forwards slightly to listen closely to what he had to say.

"We took the outpost with heavy casulaties father, but before long we were ambused by a group of Jedi who took us by surprised. We had to leave... else we would of fallen too" the teen said without any fear of reprecussions, if today was going to be his end he more than deserved it. The man on the throned seemed to sigh as he got up to his feet, his heavier footsteps getting closer and closer to the light "What you meant to say is you failed, correct?" he said just before his tall and meancing form stepped into the light. To Valery, it would be a more than familar face.

Matias Ituhir was a ghost of her past, an individual who proved to be a dangerous foe in her lifetime. He was the high warrior of the family, the head of the table in all aspects. The man was proven to be ruthless in combat and a key asset to the Sith who regarded him as one of their most promising prospects.

"Father... I-" but before he could reply Matias rushed at the boy with immese speed and roughly grabbed him by the chin "Kasmir, you have said enough!" he said with venom, forcing the young Kasmir to look him in the eyes. Surpringly, he stood firm and didn't show any weakness to his father who could kill him at any moment "You are my heir, my replacement when I leave this galaxy. Do you really think I want a failure of a son to carry on MY legacy!?" Kasmir glared at his father with a look that was similar to Silas's, one that always had a wicked detirmination behind it...

"I assure you father, I am no weakness to the line" he shot back fearlessly, knowing he had only failed him once since the pendant had been handed down to him. The confidence seemed to amuse Matias who finally loosend his grip and stood up straight "You are my son, but I will not hesitate to cast you aside if you fail me again..." the warrior stated down to him, which was replied with a firm yet brief nod from the child.

"Our family has lasted generations on Dathomir and it will stay that way for as long as the universe is healthy. One child will not change that. I made the same promise to my father, Vance Ituhir when I was your age. Yes, I stood in failure like you are now, but for the one piece of mercy he gave me, I never chose defeat as an option. For this mercy I give, I expect you to do the same. Allow me to show you a hint of what I could do if you choose to be a weakling" suddenly he turned and grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt and lifted him off his feet. With no effort at all he slung him across the hard stone floor until he landed with a thump to his side. Kasmir let out a loud cry but instantly bit his lips to anymore sound when Matias stared into his soul "Now go, do not dare to see me again until you haved pleased me..." the man shouted before raising one hand to send an almighty force push to the kid to send him flying towards the open doors.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Master? Master?!"

Outfit | XoXo

"Master? Master?!"

Valery opened her eyes and gasped for air to adjust to what she had seen. She had ended up on her back, as the overwhelming emotions and memories hit her, which had naturally made her Padawan worry about her. But in an attempt to calm him down again, she sat up and swept aside the long hair that had fallen in front of her face, "I'm alright, this is why I wanted to sit down," she assured him with a faint smile.

But then her fiery eyes were drawn back down to the pendant in her hand, and a deeper frown settled on her features - one that easily showed how troubled it made her feel.

"It seems that I have a connection to your family as well, although not by blood. One of its owners is a Sith I encountered in the days of the Old Republic," Valery said as her body and mind recovered from the extremely vivid visions. "But more importantly, I know where we can begin our search."

"Dathomir."

A planet with a long and often very dark history, so it wasn't too surprising to Valery that their journey would take them there. But it was also reason to be somewhat cautious. "Your family has been there for generations, and there is a chance something of the past survived. It's our best shot."

ValSword.png

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Attire
div-green.png
By the time Valery had woken up Silas was knelt down beside her, anxious as to what she was seeing within the necklace. The whole ordeal was strong enough to knock the woman to her back, that in itself was quite worrying. Holding a helping hand out he kept it close just in case she needed to use it. He was sure Valery was alright, but after a stressful experience like that you couldn't be too careful "I'm happy you did master, it would of have been a nasty fall..." he replied with a small caring smile of his own.

Glaring his eyes back down to the necklace he noticed her frown and tilted his head from the reaction she gave to the item. That, however, was soon to be revealed when she told him of her connection to his family. Silas blinked a few times, almost speechless from the revelation she just told "You knew one of my ancestors? What... what happen-" with a sudden stop he looked to the ground and shook his head "No... I don't need to know that yet" he stated with a hint of concern from a particular thought running through his head.

His attention only returned to the Master when she purposed they go Dathomir to find out more. Silas knew a bit about the planet and how it was inherently sith ground. If they did truly have to travel there they'd both need to be at their best to face the dangers that were ahead of them. With the necklace in her hands, the padawan was able to think more clearly and recognise more of what she was saying to be right. It was almost as if something had been taken away from his soul in that time.

"Many generations have weathered away what remains, but I cannot disagree with you. Anything no matter how small will help me get one step closer to knowing who they truly were" he said to her, a determined desire growing within him and his tone. Silas stands back up and slowly extends a hand down to his master to help her up, a frown flashing across his lips momentarily "I'm sorry if I ever doubted you master. I was just confused and unsure of what to think."

Master Valery had already selflessly helped countless times already. He was a fool to think otherwise.

"I can't think of a better person to help me every step of the way..."

Last edited:

Outfit | XoXo

"We can talk about that later," Valery nodded in agreement when he started about her own connection to his ancestor. While interesting and a seemingly strange coincidence, it wasn't really the most important thing right now. This was about helping him understand his past, and find a way for himself to keep himself going as a Jedi without falling into the genetic disposition he might have for the Dark Side.

So many had been in his position, so many had been tempted by the Dark Side — but there was always a way to resist.

Valery's gaze then shifted away from the amulet and back to Silas, "Doubting me is not a problem, as long as you remain open-minded enough to accept that you may have overlooked something," he said with a soft smile, "Which you always have, so don't worry about it."

With a soft sigh, Valery got up to her feet and stretched a little to get over the sore feeling the vision left behind. It had scrambled her mind more than she liked, and her body didn't particularly like it either, "Dathomir is a dangerous planet for a lot of reasons, though. It currently sits within Empire space, so that's our first obstacle."

"What we find on the surface is another, but we'll get through it."

She paused a moment and glanced at his necklace again, "For now, keep the amulet somewhere safe, and don't wear it. Even if you don't experience the same effects I do, it can still be doing something. Any item imbued with the Dark Side or connected to it historically can be extremely sinister."

ValSword.png

Tython_OBJ_a.jpg

Attire
div-green.png
"I'll try my best master..." Silas needed to keep his mind open always, he couldn't have a narrow view and accept ideas that would only be beneficial. Master Nobles was one of them, she knew what was best for him and he couldn't do anything but trust her. Valery seemed to have great faith in him too, something that showed a fine balance between student and master.

Waiting patiently, he was expecting her to take his hand but she instead got up herself. Silas sighed and secretly rubbed the hand against the leg of his jumpsuit to rub away the sensation of being left hanging. He looked back to her as she stretched off slightly, keeping an eye on the necklace she still had in her possession "It will be another challange in itself to get to the planet unseen. One alert will send an entire fleet on the planet so we must be cautious" he stated, nodding in agreement to her thoughts on Dathomir. From what he knew it was quite a hospitable place to live, a place not for the faint hearted.

"Yes master, I will not touch it unless I have to. But... I do hope it won't be for long" he said back unconvincingly. It was going to be hard keeping such a vital item tucked away for so long, he'd needed to wear it at some point. Every now and then wouldn't hurt, and it was probably wise to keep that under wraps from his master for the time being. Although, if he was truly to be safe he needed to find a way to make the necklace safe to wear from the heavy Darkside energy that plagued it.

For now, that would be a question for another time.

Slowly, Silas put his hands behind his back and calmly stands beside Valery as they prepared to walk out of the tranquil room. The meeting had gone better than expected for the boy, and now he was beginning a journey that would help him uncover who he really was. In his head, the pressure was still there, but now there was newfound confidence with Valery by his side.

"Thank you for doing this meeting with me Master, it was something I didn't know I needed..." Silas said in a lowered tone, looking up to smile at his master "It feels like I have regained my balance now"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom