Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Trip to Hapes... (Mandos/Sith/Smugglers/ALL!)

Relina Zhan

Ducha of Gallinore, "Apollyon the Slayer"
[member="Jack Raxis"]

Relina wasn't intimidated. She had been through worse odds. "Is that supposed to scare me? It is you who violated our territory for an illegal operation and any further action will only get you killed. And you are truly an amateur if you believe you stand a chance." she replied. "It was admirably brave of you to do what you have done this deep in such hostile territory as Hapes Prime, our very capital world... But alas, it is suicidal. I am Major Relina Zhan and I am ordering you to surrender. I won't verbally do so again."

One by one, ships were jumping to Hyperspace. Just as she was about to respond to this with another Concussion Missile, Jack's ship followed suit and disappeared. Her thumb was less than a millimetre from the launch button when she lifted it again. "Frak! One to Command, They are running." she said "Recommend interdiction of the Roqoo and Lorell Systems.... and that is one tough ship, if I do say so myself. To survive that much punishment and still be able to run..."

"Rodger, Major Zhan. FleetComm is already on it. You did what you could. Mobius and Angel Squadrons, you are clear to return to the carrier." The Firedrake replied.

The crippled Angels Seven and Four were already being brought back by support ships while those still able to fly safely returned to the ship. There were only two safeish Hyperoutes leading into or out of the Hapes Cluster, both of which were narrow, winding, and more challenging to safely navigate than the average. The Transitory Mists weren't just a pretty light-show in this part of the Galaxy. They were a vast H-II region nebula that cast a mass-shadow in Hyperspace and were notorious for their devastating ion storms in realspace. Pirates often hid out in the fringes of Consortium territory among the sparkling pillars of glowing gas and Bok globules where protostars were still trying to collapse into new stars. It was truly a no-man's-land that could stop entire battle fleets cold, forcing a bottleneck through hyperspace. It was the very reason the once-mighty Galactic Empire of the Civil War days ultimately couldn't compete with the warships of Hapan Royal Navy the Imperial Star Destroyers of yesteryear otherwise outclassed. Escape might well be possible, although by no means easy, especially considering the hornet's nest the smugglers had stirred up.

Relina felt a desire to get back out there and pursue, but that was up to Naval Command at this point. The escape of the smugglers was embarrassing, to say the least. There were thousands of able battleships in the Navy spread out through Consortium territory with at least two full fleets to each of sixty-three civilised systems, however, and hyperspace routes were limited with planets along each one in either direction. Jack's ship was in fairly bad shape from what she could tell, although she had gained a healthy respect for him. She had met and fought, even killed, some brave and challenging pilots in her career, but this one was up there with that pirate interloper she fought just a day and a half ago in the Roqoo system.

As Relina took off her visor and opened her cockpit, she sighed. Technically, she had failed, but she took solace in that she still took action for her Queen and her nation and did everything she could. "PLEASE tell me someone got a positive ID on those ships." she said as she climbed out and headed out with the rest of her squadron to be debriefed. She'd stop for only a moment to survey the damage done to Archer and Volcano's fighters, wincing at the twisted, smoking metal. "...damn!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom