Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Trap on Bakura

"Alright, fine, don't listen to the man with a hostage," Solo said. With the senator now standing, she was effectively being used as a human meat shield. Solo reached for his bandoleer and detached one of the stun grenades. From Dominiks distance he wouldn't tell the distance, heck even Solo couldn't, he just knew where he kept what grenades. He would have to carefully scrutinize the surface of the grenade up close to make the difference. He activated it and said to the senator, "Now open wide and don't let go or we're both toast." He attempted to wedge the stun grenade between her teeth.

With Lady Kay still in the way, Solo activated his commlink to his pilot. "Target the bodyguard, open fire with extreme prejudice." He tried to worm his hand through the neck and attempted to grab her by the throat with his crushgaunt. The bodyguard didn't have much leeway in this fight. Solo was using his own senator as a shield, he couldn't shoot him, as for Ghorua.. He hadn't known the Herglic for long. Great guy, good to talk to, but he wouldn't miss him if he got shot.

The BT-7 Thunderclaps triple heavy laser cannons began to twist around. The ship was hovering right above them, the noise of the engines were deafening. The world exploded with bright green luminescence as the three cannons opened fire towards Dominik. Bounty Hunting wasn't about playing fair, or fighting on even ground, it was about getting the upper hand. No one had ever heard of an unsuccessful hunter because unsuccessful hunters were dead hunters, and Julian had been very successful.

[member="Ghorua the Fish"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]

Ghorua the Fish knew what it was like to be a bodyguard. High risk, little reward, and if you mess up once, it's over. Due to these facts, the Herglic had no idea what the sniper was planning, so he readied his stance. The Spinster was just about to whir into action when he saw the fireworks. Verdant fire rained from above at the guard. Not only was that difficult to dodge, but if he did, it would destroy the roof, and put him within skull-smashing distance of the half-ton Bounty Hunter.

Using the mayhem, Ghorua rushed closer to the cargo, eventually stopping beside Julian. With his hand, he gestured towards the Lady. "Bones, guard." Snarling, the monster stalked around Lady Kay, snapping her jaws at any movement. She wasn't dumb enough to run into the razer net, but if it was somehow broken, the watchdog would attack.

Lifting the Spinster up, he pointed it toward where he last saw the guard. The barrels began to rotate, revving up for when the Herglic saw his target next. Give me something to shoot at...

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]
[member="Julian Solo"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
There was no way that Kay was going to allow the grenade into her mouth. She clenched her jaw shut, speaking through her teeth. "No..." She needed some control at least. [member="Julian Solo"] 's hand soon wrapped around her neck. And then [member="Ghorua the Fish"] 's pet threatened to bite her. "I'm not resisting so ease up!!"

[member="Dominik Borra"] was hard to spot with all of that laser fire. Hopefully he survived. And hopefully she could get herself out of this mess.

This. Damn. Day. So many things happening at once and he just screwed up over and over again. his first job doing anything outside of the Sith, and this happens.. Dominion was focused on the two hunters, but it was hard to miss the three heavy cannon point at him. He didn't have a choice. He fired his handgun once blindly once as he quickly holstered his weapons, and turned to run. The amount of times he's had to re holster his firearms was getting ridiculous.

To his right and closer to the ship, the rooftops got higher, and higher. With enough speed, he could- No. He didn't have time to think!

He booked it hard, the laser blasts destroying the building right as Dominion jumped to the next roof. The explosion sent him to flying an extra foot or so, knocking him into a wall, and making his head spin for a second. He got back to his feet, to find the Fish and the guns spinning to his direction. Great. He pumped his leg's once more, climbing the roofs as the blasts took out structures behind him. all the way until-

He turned a tight corner, and jumped off of the roof, Pulling out the alchemized Machete on his back, practically flying towards the ship as the explosions behind him sent him forward.

Kay wouldn't bite down on the grenade and so he latched it back onto his bandoleer. His hand comfortably wrapped itself around her throat. The cannon fire drowned out any other noise, and then the earth shook as support structures began to crumble. Well, MAYBE the authorities would want to have a chat with him. His eyes gazed to the spaceport and he saw them. They had been watching, not wanting to interfere with the licensed Bounty Hunter's work, now they were shouting and running towards him.

Using Lady Kay as a shield, he raised his blaster and stunned the three with a series of quick, precise shots. He wasn't called a gunslinger and a crackshot for nothing. His skills with a pistol were exceptional, the same could not be said for rifles. He craned his head to find the bodyguard, and he saw him leaping towards the top of the ship. Great. They had to get out of here, and quick. He flipped on his intercomm, "Prepare for an emergency jump." He looked to Ghorua, "Fish," he shouted over the chaos, "Get to the rooftop, pronto! Take the girl with you. She tries anything, break her legs."

"Hold on," Solo said. His crushgaunts released her throat and gripped the net. This was going to hurt - for her. With the increased strength he raised the net as though it were a sack of potatoes, and launched it, and her, towards Ghorua. As the net left his hands he activated his jetpack. A flame sputtered and then fire roared. The jetpack sent him launching high into the air, he withdrew his dual MT-14 heavy blasters. He was soaring towards the guard, attempting to deliver a kick to his hip and knocking him away from the ship, towards the streets far below, and as he did, he unloaded the blasters, no longer set to stun. They exploded to life as bright red blobs were sprayed towards Dominik.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]

Ghorua was glad he was wearing his battle armor as Solo threw the woman at him. Without it, he would probably need a few stitches right about now. The razer net was scratching up his black paintjob. He would need a refurbishing after this mission. "Copy that, Solo," he said, catching their cargo, and running towards the shortest nearby building. He felt almost sorry for the senator. Almost. She most likely looked gruesome by now, but Ghorua had seen worse.

With a grunt, Ghorua reached up his arm, and hooked his hand on a windowsill. Hoping his handholds would hold with all the weight he possessed, he started hefting his way up to the roof, the senator on his shoulder, and Bones climbing up behind, sinking her claws in whatever she could. If he fell, HE would most likely not die, but the senator... He wasn't too sure. "If you want to not get turned into a red spot on the street, M'lady, I suggest you keep still," the Herglic said, reaching for his next handhold.

Not before long, they reached the top, only 20 feet above the street. Ghorua saw more law enforcement coming their way, and cursed into his commlink. "Kark. The fuzz is going to get involved soon, Solo. I'm in a good position. If you can get the ship over to me, I can get in with our guest."

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]
[member="Julian Solo"]

Kay-Larr

Hold on? Really??? [member="Julian Solo"] was acting as though she was capable of moving. As she was picked up and thrown, various razers cut through the unprotected areas of skin, some of it even cutting her hair.

And then she was caught by [member="Ghorua the Fish"] and hoisted over his shoulder. At least her stomach was protected by her satchel and it's various items.

She didn't move but spoke through clenched teeth, as both blood and tears were wetting her face. "M'Lady? Don't tell me that you're both gentlemen! This is not how you treat a Lady! Get me out of this net before I bleed out, please!!" She looked frantically for [member="Dominik Borra"] , having no idea where he had gone.

Of all the things coming at Dominik today and that moment, he didn't see the body flying at him, along with the extra laser blasts. Dominik was moving fast through the air, but the hunter seemed to be good with handguns. A small fraction of the lasers, two or three, went whizzing by, but the majority of them slammed into his armor. The armor was well crafted and made to take hits, but a one hit the exposed, less protective body suit he wore under the armor. THAT burned him.

Along with the lasers, he got kicked in the side of the chest, diverting him from his course. His next action wasn't intentional, but he wouldn't complain. As he was kicked, his left robotic arm managed to grab onto the boot of the hunter as it reached for just anything to grab onto, pulling them both, potentially, to the ground.

Dominik would roll like a hot dog as he hit the ground. He still had his machete out, and was lucky that his armor protected from weapons like it. He stood up, holding the weapon out to his side as he looked to see if he brought the hunter with him.

Solo watched the blaster bolts splatter against Dominik's armor, scorching it, and another penetrated between the plates. His kick connected, and Dominik was sent hurtling towards the ground, but not before grappling onto Solo's foot. He shook it a bit and kicked. Dominik slammed against the pavement below and rolled. Solo was falling as his jetpack sputtered, he twisted his body to try and launch his grappling hook but it was too late. He felt his body hit the road, and his head snapped back against the ground. Whack!

He shook his head and staggered to his knees. The authorities were closing in, guns raised and demanding they surrender. They weren't just pointing them at Solo, but Dominik too. The two of them had caused a great degree of chaos on their lonesome. The BT-7 Thunderclap was closing in on the Herglic, ramp lowered as it touched the roof. Solo was on all fours when he spoke into his intercomm, "Take the girl onboard, get the hell out of here. You better deliver that cargo."

Solo slowly rose onto his feet, looking towards Dominik. The authorities were swarming now, it was only a matter of time before air-support came in. "You need to bug out, NOW!" Solo said into the intercom. He said to Dominik, "So big guy, want to tango?" He took a step back, the authorities were screaming now for their surrender. If the Herglic got on board the ship as ordered, the ship would leave. The intercomm was open to the droid pilots. From Solo's point of view, it looked like he was about to do a real good stint in the local prison. He holstered his pistols and raised his hands.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]

Under his helmet, Ghorua frowned. He had just started to enjoy having the guy around, but it looks like Solo was in a bit of a pickle. But, they had a job to do, and as Julian suggested, the Herglic dragged their cargo into the ship, probably a bit too rough. He wouldn't take no for an answer. If she struggled, he would pick her up like a ragdoll. Letting his grip release on the net, Ghorua pressed a button near to him, and the cargo bay closed with a hiss. Hitting the comms on the side of the ship, he contacted his fellow Hunter. "We're in, Solo. Good luck to you." Then, to the pilot, "You heard Mr. Helmet, get us out of here."

Turning to Lady Kay, he exhaled through the blowhole on the top of his head, making a loud hauum sound. "I hope you're worth all this trouble. I don't want to hear a whisper from you. Not a word, M'lady, not a word." Bones walked in circles, spines along her back bristling at their captured pawn. The ship quickly began it's ascent into the atmosphere, Ghorua looking at the senator with a hidden grin. He would eventually let her out of the net, but not until he could talk with the pilot, and find a suitable place.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]
[member="Julian Solo"]

Kay-Larr

And there it was. The ramp closed shut. She was trapped. At least for the time being. Kay looked down to Bones. No doubt the beast was already familiarizing herself with her scent. The trickling blood made it easy.

She wanted to talk all right and get out of the net. Kay was in need of medical aid and she was unsure of how long she could stand before passing out and getting herself cut even more. For now all that she could do was close her eyes and wait. Maybe all of this was a bad dream. She felt as though she was some criminal, a highly sought after fugitive. But she was none of those things. Wasn't she? She recalled the horrible experience of being trapped inside of the Hutt Cartel's mental institution where they tried to make her believe that the Senate put her there because of something awful that she apparently did. Was [member="Thraxis"] telling the truth? Was she being sent back?

Oh please wake up. Pretty please wake up....

[member="Julian Solo"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]

Dominion stopped, and looked around him. The hunter holstered his guns, and raised his hands. But.. Dominik couldn't do the same. The hunter could wait or break out of jail later and collect his money. But Dominik's job.. was to rescue [member="Lady Kay"].

Calmly, he sheathed the weapon behind his back. If he fought here, he would be gunned down. He turned to the nearest gaurd and held out his arms, wrists together. "Well? Come here." He spoke to the officer. He grabbed a pair of cuffs and walked forward, moving to put them on the bodygaurds hands.

Before he could blink, the cuffs were on the ground, Dominik was behind him with his arm twisted with the strength of a machine, almost crushing his wrist while a gun was at his throat, pointing up into his head. "Alright, I'm leaving! This other man here has just kidnapped a Republic Senator! I'm her bodygaurd! I don't want to kill any of you, but if you attack, there will be letters of condolences delivered to your loved ones, and all the children watching this will see a lot of blood. Do I make myself clear?!" he pushed the gun up into the man's skin hard, letting him know not to resist. Dominik and his hostage briskly walked backwards, towards the customs office. Just past the outskirts of the city was where he discreetly landed his ship. He had to get to it! He kept an eye on every guard, especially the Hunter as he moved.

Woah, that went crazy quick, Solo thought. A Republic Bodyguard was using hostages. The authorities were no longer pointing their guns at Julian, too focused on their friends predicament. "Alright, so let me get this straight. The Republic - a democracy for all! Where the great Jedi will protect the innocent.. sponsors a bodyguard who commits homicide," he waved to the corpse on the ground, the civilian that had died much earlier, "And is now holding someone hostage. To be honest, the Republic sucks." There was a certain personal disdain in those words. Julian personally hated the Republic, but so did he the Sith and their Empire. Their wars had cost him too much. He wasn't about to let them cost him his next meal.

One of the security was about to demand who he was, and Solo held out his datalogger. A holograph of his identification papers hung in the air. "Bounty Hunter, Julian Solo. Sponsored by the Arceneau Trade Company. Guild affiliate to the Bounty Hunter's Guild." They murmured between each other quietly, the papers checked out, but there was still the matter of destruction of private property. "Let me help you guys handle this mess, and let me leave, and I'll have the ATC lawyers come and work out a deal about the damages."

His eyes looked up and he could no longer see the BT-7 Thunderclap, it had vanished among the clouds during its speedy ascent. The authorities didn't sound too pleased, they disagreed but welcomed his help with Dominik. That was something he would have a pleasure doing. He rasped his knuckles against his bandoleer and in a flash of movement he hurled the three stun grenades towards Dominik. He whipped out his MT-14 blasters, set to stun, and opened fire. If Dominik killed the hostage, that murder would be on him, and no one else. Julian smiled.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]

As they rocketed into the atmosphere, Ghorua hoisted Lady Kay up to her feet, and whipped out one of his DC-15's, set to stun. With his other hand, he led her deeper into the ship, still ensnared by the razer net. He felt her becoming weaker, and knew he had to get her out of it, but even a senator could have some tricks up her sleeve.

As he pushed her into a secluded bare room in the ship, he commed the pilot. "Lock down this room, sir." Ghorua smiled as he heard the sound of the door lock. No way to get out now.

"This is how it's gonna work, Senator," he said, his powerful voice projecting menacingly. "I'm gonna cut you out, you aren't gonna talk, you aren't gonna move. You've had a lot of strain on your system already, and I don't know if a stun blast will kill you or not. I'm willing to risk it. Hands above your head. I'm gonna tie you up, and I'm gonna get payed. Any funny business, and I break your legs. Deal?"

Ghorua the Fish pulled the vibroknife from his boot, and began cutting the wire. He kept his blaster in his hand as he did this, pointed at her all the while. No one can be too cautious.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]
[member="Julian Solo"]

Kay-Larr

Kay looked at the door of the room as it closed shut and then locked. Great. As [member="Ghorua the Fish"] spoke, she closed her eyes. She could be really funny and tell him that if he wanted her to put her arms up above her head, then she'd have to move. Yet he told her not to move. However she decided against it.

She remained as still as she could while the net was cut lose from her body, some of the razers almost sticky with her blood as they pulled out from her skin and clothes. When it was all removed, she breathed a sigh of relief as she soon crouched down, her hands on the floor. Fresh blood was already dripping down. "...I need a medic...please..."

Yeah he told her not to talk, but she couldn't help it. She needed the medical assistance.

[member="Julian Solo"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]

Damn it.. the Hunter was right. He had forgotten that what he did reflected on the Republic. And as this was a neutral system, making himself the bad guy was not the right way to go. The Hunter was conversing with the guards. It was about to be him alone, and there was a lot of ground to cover to get back to his ship. Not to mention he hurt a bit from the laser blast he took earlier. "Alright, listen closely, I don't have much time." He started to whisper into his hostage's ear, quickly. "I don't want to kill any of you, and I don't work for the Republic, I work for [member="Lady Kay"] . She has helped me a great deal and I am repaying the favor. She could be dead or dying on that ship. If not, she will be dead once the Hutt's have their hands on her. If you and your people want to be responsible for the death of a Senator, go ahead and stop me."

And with that, he let the man go and pushed him forward just as the Hunter drew his gun and flung his grenades. The stun ray hit the guard instead of Dominik, and with expert precision, drew his gun and shot two of the three grenades out of the air. For the third he turned on his left heel, raising his right foot up and kicking it right before hitting the ground. The grenade went flying back, but he didn't have time to watch it fly. With the encouragement of the Hunter, some of the police opened fire on Dominik. Drawing his machete and with the help of his eye, he was able to deflect the blasts aimed for him. He had walked a significant distance with the hostage, about 50m allowing the accuracy of the standard weaponry to be lowered. Dodging into a nearby alley, he faded from sight.

He looked around for anything to help him, and he found a storm drain pipe leading down from the building right next to him. He climbed it, and reached the roof.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ghorua the Fish"]

[Theme]

Flabbergasted was an understatement. The man had done the impossible. He had shot two of the grenades and kicked the third back. Julian was so stunned he almost had no time to move, but he did, instincts kicked in. He dove to the left as the grenade exploded with static. Krud, how did he do that? he thought as he got back onto his feet. He fled into the streets, deflecting blaster bolts with the efficiency of a Jedi, or Sith. Great, he was dealing with a Force User.

Solo broke into a sprint, chasing down his opponent with a horde of security personnel behind him. They swarmed the streets like a flash flood. He heard ion drives and droves were hovering in the air, accompanied by much larger ships. Air-support had arrived to qualm the chaos, but it must have looked like total anarchy below as an immense crowd of people chased after one man. Dominik fled down an alley and they followed, giving chase.

As they came to the alley, Dominik was already half-way up the drain pipe. They surged forward, stun rounds lighting up the quickly-coming night. Solo reached over his back and took out the cycler rifle from his sling. It had to end now. He held the barrel and flipped up the iron sight. He peered down it, and held his breath. The iron sight hovered over Dominik as he continued to scurry up the pipe, near the top now. He pulled the trigger. The crack of thunder sounded as a solid projectile was launched from the outdated weapon. Old yet reliable.

Solo tossed the weapon aside. He didn't have the time to throw it back into the sling. He kicked his jetpack to life, flame burst out of its exhaust. He was launched high into the air and onto the roof. As he came down for a rough landing he took out his MT-14 twin blasters, the stun setting was made inactive. He landed opposite to Dominik, so that the bodyguards back would face the edge of the building. "End of the line," Solo said, unleashing a hellish volley of blaster bolts at Dominik.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]

Ghorua almost felt bad about what he was going to do next. Almost. The senator crouched on the floor weakly, a lot of blood loss had made her pale. He sheathed his pistol quickly, and put his knife to her back. He knew all he had to do to kill her would be a swift chop to the spine, but that was a lot less money for him. "You'll get medical treatment if you behave. If not, you're stuck in here with me."

Quickly, he flipped his vibroknife under the strap of her bag, and cut it off of her. He figured this would be the safest way to do it. In all of Ghorua's life, he's never seen anyone of importance not carry a weapon of some kind. The bag fell to the ground with a thud, the first hint that tea leaves weren't all that was in it. Sorry, the Herglic thought to himself, as he tried to kick her in the ribs, and quickly reach for the bag. If the kick connected, it might break a rib, but hopefully wouldn't kill, and would give him enough time to pick up the satchel and hold it out of her reach. The Fish wouldn't be surprised if she had a blaster lying in wait for him.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]
[member="Julian Solo"]

Kay-Larr

"If I behave?...Haven't I done nothing else but? I haven't fought you, I haven't even struggled. All that I've done is-" Kay cut her words short as the strap of her satchel was broken and it slipped off of her. She looked down at it, distracted by it's fall that she didn't even see [member="Ghorua the Fish"] 's kick coming.

CRACK!! She gasped for a breath of air as she fell over onto her side. Tears brimmed her eyes as her lung felt like it might pop on the broken rib. So she took shallower breaths.

Kay had to tell herself that everything was going to be okay, that this was just the bounty hunter trying to show control. "I have...powerful friends... They won't...judge you....kindly for this.."

[member="Julian Solo"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]

Of all the experience, all the training that Dominik had back when he was Dominion and worked for the Sith... He couldn't think of a way out quick enough as the hunter landed behind him, and opened fire onto him.

Lasers blasted into his armored back, and although the alchemized weapon at his back naturally deflected some of those bolts, his rifle was badly damaged beyond use, and he fell back down to the ground below, landing on his chest. The wind was knocked out of him as he landed, and he had to take a second before moving. In this state... he probably wouldn't be able to help Kay if he was on the ship already. Too much ground to cover now, too much time lost. Too many enemies surrounding him.

While prone, he sneakily reached into one of his waist containers for ammo, and pulled out a singular, metal hair pin. Keeping it in his hand, he rolled over onto his back and leaned against the building wall as the authorities surrounded him, pointing their guns at him. All could tell he was out of fighting spirit, his arms moving slowly upwards to remove his helmet. He twisted it to the side, making a small KWOOSH sound as the vacuum seal was broken. He pulled off the helmet, put it on the ground next to him, and wiped his mouth with the hand that held the pin. Unbeknownst to them, he slipped the pin into his mouth, hiding it under his tongue.

He had white hair that fell down to his chin, some bangs braided and pushed to the side. He had a very Imperial looking face(not racist), and looked slightly better than average. Not like he would get out with charm or anything though.

"I surrender." He raised both arms in the air.

[member="Julian Solo"] [member="Ghorua the Fish"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom