Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Titan-ic Shift

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Taeli, better known as Darth Arcanix among the Sith, sighed as she waited in the lobby of Titan Industries' main headquarters. She had sought a meeting with Mr. Serin, the head of the company, to discuss something that was a hold over from her predecessor in the company.

Darth Banshee had moved Krayt Industries into a subsidiary position under Titan during the chairmanship of Tsavong Lah, something that Taeli was hoping to rectify in some way. She was sure they could come to some sort of deal where Krayt became once again independent from any overseers beyond herself and her partner, but that remained to be seen. For now, she twiddled her thumbs, waited, and lost herself in her thoughts.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

The Sith Lord wouldn't have to wait for long.

Though Alric was a busy man, having now rebuilt Citadel Station and gaining control over the entirety of the Corellian sector, not to mention his engagement, he still had time for this particular meeting. To say that it had come as a surprise to him would have been a lie. In fact he had come to expect this meeting quite a bit sooner.

The fact that it had come now simply amused him.

Lady Arcanix after waiting for only a short few minutes would be approached by a young perky secretary. The blonde woman would then lead the Sith Lord up the turbo-lift to the near top of the building through a range of hallways and down a single path that would eventually end in Alric Kuhns office.

When Lady Arcanix stepped inside she would find Alri Kuhn facing the massive window overlooking Coruscant, in one end of the room was a massive wooden desk, two Statuesque men with strange armor standing behind it. On the other end of the room was a huge curling sofa, an island table sitting at its center.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"Thank you for seeing me, Mr. Serin," Taeli said, taking note of the office and Serin's security. She had heard reports of two such individuals during the ill-fated attack by Romeo Sin on Coruscant, but she hadn't paid much attention to them. The view from the office of the Coruscant cityscape was truly impressive to behold.

"I'm sure you know the reason I've asked for this meeting," she continued, "and I must apologize for not seeking this sooner. Several things have occupied my time that I could not approach you about this until now, that and my predecessor did not keep track of paperwork all too well. As I'm sure you are aware, both of our predecessors negotiated a contract where Krayt Industries became a subsidiary of Titan for some time, and I would like to re-negotiate this contract to suit our mutual benefit."

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

He smiled slightly.

Renegotiate. He knew exactly what that meant, and he was prepared for it. Of course Titan Industries had nearly half a dozen subsidiaries. Most of them were mining corporations throughout the galaxy, a few smaller manufacturers, and then there was Krayt. Krayt really was redundant when one looked at all of the things Titan did, but it made the company money.

That was what was important after all, money. As long as something made Alric made, it would continue to see use by Titan Industries. A renegotiation of the contract was likely not favorable for Titan at all, simply due to the loss of profit and the fact that Krayt would be a direct competitor to Titan itself.

It was the latter that concerned him more really.

“Well then why don't we get straight to it?” Alric said turning towards the woman.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"Indeed," she replied. "I take it your first big problem with such a renegotiation is that you will start to lose any revenue you've been gaining from Krayt, am I right?"

She had a feeling that was going to be his first major problem with such a thing. He was a very successful businessman after all, he wouldn't like losing money in the slightest for that. She couldn't blame him for that, even if she thought it was being just a bit too greedy, but then she was a Sith. Most Sith were just as greedy about one thing or another, Taeli knew her addiction was gaining more knowledge.

"I'm prepared to accept that you get to keep the current revenue stream you make from anything related to Krayt," she stated. "Even as we grow, that revenue will change appropriately to our size and profits, to increase as it were. All I would ask for in return for that is non-interference in any of Krayt's business dealings or facilities."

She knew what the next sticking point would be, but she would let him bring it up after all.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Surprisingly, Alric himself didn't really care about the money. He himself was wealthier than most kings could ever claim to be. Titan was spread across so many worlds and so many galactic governments that it brought in the GDP of a large nation in it of itself, not to mention that a large portion of the One Sith's own GDP went to Titan for the production of their fleets.

That was all to say, for Alric this wasn't about money.

It might have been for the rest of the company, for his board of directors and the people who helped him run Titan, but not for Alric.

“As I understand it we've held no interference with Krayts facilities or Dealings. We have no interest in meddling with our subsidiaries affairs. If such were the case Lady Arcanix you yourself would likely not even control the company.” That was true enough, Titan left the running of its subsidiaries up to whomever controlled them, with only small requests or guiding here or there to ensure maximum profit for Titan. “I'm sure you already know that though.”

“What you really want is independence. The ability to say that Krayt is entirely yours so you may compete and do as you please.” He smiled slightly, looking away from her and towards his desk for a moment before returning his gaze towards her.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"Then what it would take to gain that?" Taeli replied. Internally, she could feel her dislike for the man growing as he seemed oh so smug, but that did not mean she couldn't be polite and courteous to him.

"Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but I do believe the subsidiary contract our predecessors negotiated was time to only be ten years, with an open ended option for Banshee to leave if the fancy passed over her," she said, tapping a finger to her chin in thought. "That time is ticking away, and once it expires, you lose us anyways. I want to be independent, yes, but that does not mean we have to work at cross purposes and compete."

"Now, I could certainly take that route, but I don't want to sow seeds of animosity between ourselves and our companies," she continued. "That also is ultimately bad for business, and as you point out, what exactly do you get from us besides money?"

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

“Lady Arcanix, I realize that when it comes to relative strength you can crush me like a bug. However, in the game of corporations and negotiations I am the titan.” He was aware of the pun that he just made but didn't even smile. “Do not threaten me with time. That contract still has four years remaining. Four years is more than enough time for me to gut Krayt entirely.”

His voice was stern, but his words were true. Alric didn't give her a moment to respond however speaking quickly. “Krayt and Titan will naturally compete, thats a given. It is simply the nature of the two corporations within the same industry.”

Which Alric was really fine with, he wasn't really worried about competitors to Titan.

“The Truth is, I don't really care.” Another tactic. “I will allow Krayt to break away, with conditions.”

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"And what might those conditions be?" Taeli asked. She wasn't sure what his motives might be, but depending on what he wanted, she was sure they could reach an accord.

(OOC Note: on my phone at work so apologies that it's shorter)

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

“When Lady Banshee was found to be a traitor Krayt fell into your hands as well as a silent partner.” Alric said quite simply. “I know this because I know my businesses. The name of this partner didn't interest me before but it does now, mainly because of my second condition.”

Alric held a serious face, his hands remained still and his eyes settled on the Sith. If he was intimidated in any way by the Sith Lord he didn't show it. In fact he seemed rather smug and self assured, though that had been his manner with every Sith that he had met so far. Perhaps it was a way of rivaling them, or perhaps it was just Alrics way.

“I want 49% of stock with Krayt Industries.” He seemed almost chipper saying that.

“It grants me no direct control within the corporation, gains you your freedom from Titan, satisfies my board of directors and mostly importantly...” Alric trailed off for a few seconds as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a Viper Cigarrette, placing it in between his lips. “It provides you with security from me.”

[member="Alric Kuhn"] [member="Samantha Zambrano"]

Her first reaction was to say no immediately, her second reaction was that as well. Her third reaction was to think about it for a moment longer before saying no, but her fourth reaction was to think and bring in someone else.

"Before we talk stocks, give me a moment to call my partner so you might meet her yourself," she replied, her distaste for the man in front of her growing from his smugness and audacity at his demand.

Pulling out her modified datapad, she activated the small holo-projector and called Samantha, knowing Alex was using the young Zambrano and clone of herself to insulate herself further and using the girl as her public face.

[member="Darth Arcanix"] [member="Alric Kuhn"]

Samantha was having a good day, sitting around and looking over the statistics and schematics of the latest republic ships and formulating weaknesses she could use later when her ear turned to the device that rang off to her right with a groan she leaned back and turned in the chair before pushing over and straightening the mess of hair on her head, not really bothering to look like she was about to be in a very important meeting as she keyed up the holoprojection. "Taeli? Please tell me mother didn't get herself stuck in a door..." She took out a ration bar from her mouth to speak before eating from it once more.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Alric didn't even blink.

As soon as he recognized what was going on, and as soon as the blue holo-image of the small girl appeared he took steps forward. His face was impassive, his eyes listless and his lips thin. The young woman spoke, though she was suddenly cut off when Alric simply reached over and shut off the holo-communication device. The image flickered for only half a second, then disappeared.

“Lady Arcanix.” His voice was stern. “I had thought better of you.”

Alric turned around and walked over towards his desk, the two statuesque men still standing perfectly still. “If you insist on making a fool of yourself then this meeting is at an end. I asked you to tell me the name of your partner, not introduce me to some whelp of a child. If this is your idea of a joke then I must inform you it is not very amusing at all, and if you're serious...well then I severely overestimated you.”

There was no more smug expression on his face, no more look of superiority. If anything his face had contorted into pure annoyance, something that played off well in his body language as he sat himself behind his desk.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"You assume much, Mr. Serin," she replied, smiling a little as he seemed slightly annoyed with her. Oh good, a reaction beyond smug grin was always more interesting. "Such as you assumed to shut off Darth Praelior's daughter before I could ask her to fetch my partner to talk with as a good idea. Yes, excellent diplomatic tactic there."

"If you must think so little of me, so be it," she sighed, getting up. "You asked for my partner, and 49% of my company so we would no longer be a subsidiary, but I don't think you intended to let us go with you having some sort of chance to ensure we are cowed and contained. True, you could gut us in the four years remaining in that contract, but I don't think you'll try it. You aren't the only one with a Voice or Hand as an ally, and you wouldn't risk alienating buyers or your board by being so overt to attack a Sith-led company.

"When you gave that number, you knew I would refuse out of hand because you'd be two percent away or one mishap away from gobbling us up anyways like a Hutt with a full course banquet in front of them," she continued. "I might not be as experienced in the world of business as you are, Mr. Serin, I freely admit that, but I do know how this works. You may have sought, with that move, to annoy or anger me, but really you achieved neither and now you're the one showing some emotion beyond your self-confident shell."

Moving to the door, she added one last thing.

"I won't fight you or Titan, you're far too important to alienate that way, but do mark my words with this. You won't be getting anything from us in the future, and you would do well to tread carefully with how you go about things."

Shrugging, she put her hand on the handle of the door and opened it.

"Then again," she said, turning on her heel with a laugh, "that would be the stereotypical thing to do. 30% of Krayt stock, and you get my partner's actual name. Sorry if you aren't amused by such things, but have to have my fun in some ways or business meetings get so tedious."

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Alric decided that it was better to ignore the first half of what the woman said entirely.

Sith were insane.

“Thirty percent is fine.” Alric said looking up at the woman. There was still no hint of that smug face, that expression of annoyance remained however. “I will have my people draw up the necessary papers. Though I assume you'll want your partners name emitted from them.”

That was his way of saying she could tell him the name now.

Truthfully, the only reason he wanted to know it now was so he knew whom he was getting into bed with. A thirty percent stake in the company would mean that he was a large portion of the corporations shareholders, and if the partner turned out to be someone untrustworthy...well then he could get in rather big trouble.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

"Alex Feanor," she replied, "with the blessing and protection of Darth Praelior . . . not that it really matters, I've been the one running around and doing all the work for the company. So giving you thirty percent of their shares doesn't really make me angry or anything, might be a wake up call to them to actually help me."

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

He remained impassive, his eyes blinking slightly as she said the two named.

A slight nod came from him, as if he understood. “Yes. Running a corporation isn't easy.”

No. It certainly was not. Alric Kuhn knew that better than most, given that he ran three galaxy spanning corporations. A slight sigh escaped his lips, his head shaking for a moment before he regarded Lady Arcanix once again.

“I will have the papers drawn up.” He reached out and tapped a command console on his desk. “As soon as we sign the contracts you can consider Krayt Industries free of Titan oversight.”

With that, their meeting was done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom