Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A time gone by

maxresdefault.jpg

Tags: Xan Deesa Xan Deesa
4S5ImD3.png
"Do we have a deal or what, Lemick? you've been looking at the crystal long enough!" the inpatient man said to the thug known as Lemick, a lackie captain to one of the many gangs that plagued Denon "Calm down Krig, there's no harm seeing this is the real deal. Considering the last crystal you traded I think I have every right to check this over" he growled back before lowered his arm and nodding to his two men beside him "It's the real deal. you two take the bags to the speeder and check to see if some wise guy is watching us would you?" he said sternly to them as the pair got a firm grip of the spice that had been offered to them. Krig, the man interested in the spice chuckled slightly and calmly held the crystal to the spice dealer "I'm sure we will meet again very soon..." the man said with a wide smile as the red kyber crystal glinted in the dim light.

"I'm afraid this will be your last trade, Krig Punhack" a voice said suddenly from the stage. The four men suddenly spun around and glared at the source of the voice, where the flickering projector showed off a small figure sitting down. Cartri had not stumbled on this deal by accident but was tipped by an insider of one of the gang a spice deal was going on in the area. Everyone knew spice was a frowned upon drug to sell, yet people still didn’t care about people's safety and looked after their own pocket more than anything else. However, when he mentioned a particular crystal was involved he had no choice but to grab it for himself "Are you deaf, or did a particular group not tell you to sell around here anymore?" the teen said with a tilt of his head before getting up and walking out of the darkness and into the dim light that blighted them from above.

The four of them looked at each other at first before bursting into laughter, astonished that a kid was trying to act intimidating
"You kidding me Krig? do you know this kid?" Lemick said unimpressed, his head slowly shaking as he looked Cartri up and down "No... but the fact "they" are sending children to do their dirty work is humourous to me" he mocked, keeping his eyes locked on the newcomer who had so rudely broken up their meeting. Cartri didn't look bothered by their taunts by the slightest and smugly flashed a grin their way "So what? at least I have more brains than the four of you combined. And you're selling crystals for spice? even I know that's a bad deal!"

The rough bunch were taken back from the teens confidence and didn't look impressed when their "smart" business deal had been ridiculed. Lemick snapped his fingers to the two bodyguards and pointed at the kid, indicating for them to get them out of his sight "I've had enough of your shit kid, deal with him." he grunted as the two stooges began climbing up the stage. As they got closer Cartri slowly began to back away from the bending and creaky wood that had seen better days "Hey hey fellas yo-" was the only thing he could say before their combined weight forced them both to crash through the weak wooden floor in front of them "Need to watch yourself..." he finally finished, the two body guards groaning at the bottom of the hole in complete agony.

Krig and Lemick looked shocked as the teen slowly walked to the edge and jumped down into the floor below, still making sure to keep his distance just in case they had any other tricks
"I'll give you a chance, leave the crystal and the spice and I might leave you in one piece" Cartri warned, his arms and hands tensed in case they chose the hard way. And sure enough, that's what they did. Without a second thought, Krig pulled out his blaster and aimed it at the teen, forcing him to instantly throw his hands up and take a few steps back "Yea that's right. Not so talkative now are you?" he said in a cocky tone, something of which Lemick wasn't impressed with by the very least. Forcefully, he suddenly snatched it from his hand and threw it over to the hole away from his grasp "We can easily take care of him without a weapon you kark, just look at him!" he said with a shove to his business partner who murmured every word under the sun.

"Look, I'll even do it for you. Come here kid" Lemick grunted as he walked to the teen with purpose and grabbed a hold of his shoulder. In that time Cartri had lowered his arms and snapped into a stance just before he grabbed him. Raising his leg he slammed a powerful knee into his midsection, forcing him to double over in shock before forcefully getting tugged face first into a pillar beside them. Lemick slumped to his knees in silence, soon falling to his side with blood pouring from his crushed nose. Cartri turned back to Krig and snapped into the same stance, one that was helped perfected by his mentor Xan "You've just missed your window now" he quipped, his arms eagerly raised above his head while the man looked unsure of himself.

"You got the element of surprise kid, now you're in for a real fight" Krig replied with fabricated confidence before raising his fists up and approached carefully. Wildly, he decided to throw a right hook which Cartri ducked under with little trouble, swiftly slamming a side kick into his thigh as soon as he got behind him. Krig grunted loudly and hobbled slightly from the blow, underestimating his power and fight experience considering his age. Lightly jumping up and down on his feet Cartri was the first to move this time, feinting a left, he snapped a right hook to his face which caught him off guard. The thug stumbled back a few steps and wildly swung again, only for the teen to duck once more and slam an uppercut into his chin that snapped his head back. Now on spaghetti legs, he tried his best to stay up as Cartri went in for the kill. Running up to him with intent he looked to jump and slam a jumping knee into his face, but that wasn't to be. Instead of moving back, Lemick rush forwards and wrapped his arms around his body tightly. Letting out a small gasp Cartri thrashed in his grip until he was thrown unceremoniously into a row of old cinema chairs. Even though the initial seat looked comfy, the armrests made the fall quite uncomfortable. A sharp pain went through his ribs while he tried to quickly prepare himself for the approaching salesmen, who extended his hands out to try and get a grip of his throat.

Cartri did a good job in shifting his body into a better position just when the man forcefully used his weight against him. Although, as he struggled to find progress Cartri raised his legs into the air and wrapped them around his head, with one of his arms coming through his legs to lock in a triangle choke. The young shadow runner pulled down with force to constrict his breathing, an action that made Lemick desperately thrash around in his grip. Using the strength advantage he slowly began to lift the boy from the chair in the hopes of dropping him onto the hardwood below. Yet, he wouldn't get too far. Without mercy, Cartri began slamming punch after punch into the man's face, each one looking nastier than before. Finally, after the eighth strike, he had no choice but to cancel his attempt and lay slumped in a half conscious state. It would have been a lie to say his knuckles didn't hurt like hell after that, so to save himself from further damage he instead let the chokehold finish the job.

Lemnick, the once glowing businessman finally fell into a deep sleep. With a loud sigh, Cartri unwrapped his legs and let him flop to the floor in a heap. Grunting from the pain, he gently rubbed his red knuckles and got to his feet, knowing himself it was a harder task than he initially thought. Cartri looked down to the unconscious thug and leaned down to retrieve the intact kyber crystal, his eyes curiously examining the pretty object in the palm of his hand "Now you were certainly worth it..."

Last edited:
5t2NQIT.gif
slQCnMc.png

The dilapidated holoprojector came to life far behind and above Cartri, displaying a face on the ancient and dirty screen that hung on the stage, torn and splotched with age and graffiti. The demonic mask hid the smile behind it, though the amusement and admiration was very clear in the cybernetic eyes that looked down on Cartri from the screen. Likewise, the old speakers croaked to life after ages of neglect with one simple line.

"Not bad, kid."

The face started to clap slowly, echoed by the speakers all around Cartri as she nodded casually. For a moment a figure appeared in front of the screen before it disappeared in the blink of an eye. "Though I was hoping to see more Force stuff after that teacher that came all the way from Kashyyyk to pay you a visit. How long was she here? Weeks? Months? And not even a simple force push." She commented as the clapping continued all over the place, the sound bumping off the walls. Though the clapping would soon get more precise as it started as well right behind him.

Standing behind him was the figure on the screen, her blue and pink decor brightly contrasting her black hair and dark outfit as she tilted her head slightly. "Theatrics aside, I gotta say that I couldn't be more proud, Cartri." She spoke warmly as the screen and speakers shut down again. It was a horrible entrance after not being in contact for so long, not to mention the fact that she looked nothing like her old self anymore, yet she knew that simply popping up and telling him who she was wouldn't go down very smoothly.

Her technicolour eyes shifted down to his hand as he grasped the red crystal. "Though I hope you're gonna purify that crystal before you plan on using it. I didn't go through all the trouble of getting a Jedi to teach you only for you to turn Sith." Her voice grew more serious as she frowned at him. Slowly she removed her mask and hat, tossing them onto a nearby seat to let him see her new face clearly. "It's me, Cartri. It's Xan." She couldn't help but mention as a bright smile adorned her lips. "Or 'Xandroid' if you wanna be smart." She added with a nervous chuckle.

Right now all she expected was a kick to the gut, a punch to the face and a bolt to the head after everything that happened. After her complete radio silence and sudden reappearance at Eden. Her smile faltered as she took a step back to give him room. "...Alright, lemme have it. You wanna shoot me or beat me up, let's get it out of your system." She decided to say as she held her arms out for him to let loose.

Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

Last edited:
Far above him on the ceiling, the ancient holoprojector suddenly sprung to life. The screen flickered at first, but then a face was starting to become more clear to see. Cartri shot his attention to the screen and glared at the large face staring back at him from the stage, his eyes widening slightly from the more than familiar style it showed. Hair, mask, and hair all resembled a person who he long thought had left him to rot. Surely this wasn't her, it had to be the same prankster that got him at the Eden mission!

Soon enough, the speakers soon followed as they crackled back from the dead, revealing the same voice that had caught him off guard on that infamous mission. The person greeted him like an old friend before it started clapping, its sound echoing off the worn out walls of the theater while Cartri spun around to try and spot the person in question "You again..." he grumbled, unsure of how the joker tracked him down this time. Then, something else she said confused him more, they knew about his jedi training. His face lit up with a mixture of confusion shock, how on Denon did they know about that? "H-how do you know about her? only Yenna and Xa-... you've been spying on me haven't you?!" said Cartri while his head continued to swivel "This joke has gone too far now, spying on my pri- Whaaah!" the teen shouted, jumping out of his skin when Xan appeared behind him unexpectedly.

Cartri quickly lifted his guard and looked restless as he glared at the figure standing before him. Like from the screen, she had the same style as Xan with some noticeable changes. Her hair was black compared to the bright neon look from before, and the clothing she wore wasn't as in your face as last time. Cartri cautiously kept up his guard and looked on edge, up until she said she was proud of him. For a few seconds, his expression seemed to loosen up and show one of sorrow, almost as if he missed that kind of positive feedback from his mentor. Yet, that would only be temporary. Cartri's face slowly turned back into a more pissed mood, and his eyes would only stare coldly into hers

"This Crystal is none of your business "Xandroid" he grunted with a shake of his before slowly sliding it into his pocket for safe keeping "Whoever you are, you seem to know a lot about me, but not a lot about Xan Deesa" he said further as he glared up to the doppelganger, his face filled with confusion and anger. When she took the mask off her face looked completely different from the Xan he knew. Whoever was pulling the strings on this prank was a terrible fraud, and it only frustrated him more and more, especially when she offered to land a few free punches for her absences.

"Oh I will! Not only are you a freakshow, but a horrible lifeform who has a kick out of taunting a kid mourning his dead best friend!" he said with a raise of his voice as he approached Xan with fire in his eyes "You know nothing about her! the real Xan would have found me by now and told me she was fine, not an android mutant who doesn't know how to make an entrance" he growled with a sudden push to her chest, tears beginning to well up in the corners of his eyes "What's your problem huh?! are you from those bastard CorpsSEC to make my life miserable?" he said with a harder shove now "Go on then, since you know every little thing about me why don't you explain the first thing you did when we met?" he shouted now as he stood in front of her with his fists clenched, getting ready to slam a punch into her face when she got the answer wrong. There was no way she knew this, not even Corpsec or an individual would have been watching him that long "TELL ME!"

To see him in so much pain and to be on the receiving end of Cartri’s grief stung almost as hard as that damned chair did. What made it all the more painful was the knowledge that she deserved every single bit of his wrath. She actually felt that he wasn’t going hard enough on her for her selfish and spineless actions over the past year.

She should have reached out as soon as she could... yet, she did nothing but watch and avoid. Now she got what she deserved and it wasn’t nearly as much as she should be getting from him.

Her face sunk as tears welled in her eyes, yet she didn’t move a muscle until he shoved her back. She took a step back, then another two as he shoved her again. She was right against the row of chairs as he got in her face and demanded to hear her very first interaction with him. It was so long ago... to think of how it started and where they ended up almost brought a smile to her face. But she had a better idea...

”Watch it, ginger!” she fired back with the exact same tone she used so long ago. Immediately she calmed back down as she shook her head. ”The first words I ever said to you...” Her hand came up between them, holding the red kyber crystal in her palm. ”And yet here we are again.” A sad smile set in as the tears threatened to roll.

”It’s me, Kes. I can give you more if you want it. Like what I said to you in the Blue Flame, the warning I gave you when I told you who I really was... I don’t know how else to say it, but it’s me.” her voice cracked slightly as she held out the crystal for him to take. ”I’ve made some big mistakes... and I deserve to pay the price for it. But I want to make things right. I’ll tell you anything and everything you wanna know.” There was no holding back anymore. Soon the tears trailed down her cheeks as she took a deep breath.

With sadness spread across her face, Cartri was half expecting an excuse to come out of her mouth. To his utter disbelief, she said something that had been implemented into his brain from the very first interaction they had "Watch it, Ginger!" a phrase which didn't seem much, but something that kickstarted their friendship. It only got more believable when she used the same trick all that time ago, by swiping the most valuable thing he had in his pocket. All Cartri could do was take a few steps back in shock and glare at his mentor, unable to express his true feelings as he glued his eyes to hers

"It... it really is you," he said in a lowered tone as a wave of emotion flickered through his face. Anger, confusion, and sadness were all that he could show towards his friend, who thought it was wise to leave alone without a shred of information to know how she was "Xan, shut up I know it's you now" with a tone that sounded like an agitated growl "At least you know how much you've messed up now, considering you haven't thought about me or what you've done in that time" he snapped this time, with tears welling up in the corner of his eyes "Where were you?! Where were you when I was sat alone in the apartment unable to function properly?! Where were you when I..." Cartri choked with a small sob, taking a few moments to gather his words "When I hurt Daiya..."

That thought alone was all it took for his own waterworks to begin, with a lonely tear slowly going down his cheek. If Xan checked in on him sooner, that whole event probably would have never happened. But now, he'd have to live with that for the rest of his life.

"W-what else can I say Xan, you abandoned and left me to rot. Did I... did I even mean anything to you?" Cartri whimpered, his face instinctively turning to the right to hide his hurt face. Cartri never really was comfortable crying in front of people, especially if it was his mentor who trained him to toughen up. Even so, a few sobs escaped his lips and more tears rolled down his face to flatten his attempts of staying calm.

Xan's lips sealed shut as he ordered her to keep quiet. She listened to him as he shouted at her and berated her with no intention of answering. She knew that anything she could say would only make the situation worse as he continued to shout at her. His tears were what pushed her further. Her throat tightened as she watched him. And then he had to say it.

He had to karking go there.

"Of course I karking did!" She shouted right back. "I didn't keep you around, train you and help you to make a life for yourself because I was bored. Kark's sake, Cartri!" She couldn't hold it in anymore. "I wanted to reach out! But watching you being broken like that... would you even believe me if I did say it was me? That's why I got that Jedi to train you as well. To give you someone to talk to. To work through that grief." She took a step closer to look directly into his eyes. "I knew it would be a mess. And I also knew this would be a mess. So what the kriff was I supposed to do? Stay dead? Live out the rest of my eternity on the Holonet as a karking line of code?!" She gave him a shove as anger boiled up within her.

"And what do you think I tried to do at Eden? How did you react there?! I told you exactly who I was and you didn't believe me then, why would you have now?" With her own tears starting to roll she turned away with a deep breath. One of Cartri's targets groaned, catching her attention. Without hesitation she marched over and gave him a hard punch to the face to knock him out. "We're talking here!" She shouted at the unconscious man before she marched back to Cartri. "What do you want, Cartri? Huh?! I said I'm sorry! I'm here to make it right. What more do you want from me?!" She stopped right in front of him with her face inches from his as she glared at him.

Cartri jumped when Xan suddenly raised her voice, barking whatever came into her furious mind. The teen couldn't bare to look at her, choosing to keep his gaze to the floor as she got closer and gave him an angry push. He stumbled backward and managed to catch himself on an armrest that prevent him from falling over, leaving him to finally look back up to his mentor. The once sad look that had covered his face was now gone but replaced with one of fury and resentment to the person before him. His only respite from her shouts was when she punched one of the thugs back to sleep, yet that only made her angrier. This time she stopped inches from his face, demanding what else she wanted from her.

The boy could only stand there in silence as tears continued to roll down his cheeks, struggling to hold back the anger that had plagued him in the past. After moments of silence, Cartri finally opened his lips "I wanted you to be there for me, no matter how broken I was..." he said in a lowered tone, his eyes still locked on hers "If you came to me early I would have understood, but after you decided to leave me alone weeks on end how else was I supposed to act?! I thought you were dead! and I had to deal with that by myself, without no one to get me through it" he said with venom behind his voice, not backing down from his friend's aggression "Do you want to know why I didn't believe you? because I was confused. At that point I was starting to settle that you had moved on" he said as he slowly walked back to Xan and stood inches from her face "But I guess jumping back into a kid's life without warning should be all sunshine shouldn't it?" he growled, his hands starting to twitch from the temptation of using the force

As they tensely stared each other down Cartri caught a bright glint catch his eye. The red crystal was still in her hands, an item that didn't belong to her "Now, can you give me back my crystal? I don't want that going missing for months do I?" he said with a tilt of his head, his face stone cold and serious from the order. If needs be, he'd have to rougher methods to gain what was rightfully his. However, something inside of him was resisting him from going all out on his mentor. No matter the situation, Cartri would always be thankful for what she did for him. Deep down he truly didn't want to hurt her...

Last edited:
Rage and grief swelled in Xan with every word he spoke. Every sentence was like those spikes that slammed into her skull in that damn chair. All she wanted to do was fix the mistakes she made. Make right her wrongs. Yet the more he spoke, the more she started to wonder if it was a fool's errand to try and fix this mistake. He hated her. He was her little brother and now he hated her with his very being.

His last comment was the final line for Xan. Trembling with anger, her fists clenched hard as she glared at him. It took every fibre in her new body to not tackle him to the ground and beat him to a pulp. She looked down at her clenched fist holding the crystal for a moment, trying to figure a way around this. She looked up at him again as a smug grin etched through her battered face. "You want it?" Her arms stretched out as she took a few steps back. "Come and take it." She turned on her heel and casually started to walk through the aisles towards the main exit of the theatre.

She was fully expecting either some sort of force attack, or getting tackled to the ground from behind. That was fine. At the end of the day, she wasn't going to give him the crystal unless he pried it from her, or... "You could also say sorry and stop being a little skug about things! That could also work!" She called out to him over her shoulder, her shaky voice dripping with pain underneath the smug attitude.

She hoped that he would take the latter option...

The smug grin across her face and the fact she didn't want to give back his property was the thing that pushed him over the edge. What was she trying to achieve here? all she was doing was halting the progression of his Jedi training, the very thing she set up for him. As she turned on her heel and went up the aisle Cartri slowly followed. He had the perfect chance to attack Xan from behind, but he didn't have the heart to perform such cowardice to someone he still somewhat respected.

Stopping a few steps down, he glared up to Xan with no emotion. She suggested that he apologized for his behavior, an option that had no chance in happening
"Really Xan? you're putting this on me now?!" he spat, venom going through the very tone in his voice "I have every damn right to be reacting like this. Like how you should have every right to be guilty to the bone..." he grunted, before suddenly grabbing her by the arm and trying to turn her around.

"How does it feel knowing my pain huh?! ever since you've come back all it feels like a slap in the face. Not only have you left me behind, but you're now stopping me from getting the help I need. Something of which you created for me!" at the same time he would push her shoulder lightly, seemingly pushing his luck "I'm getting what's mine no matter what, even if it means going through you in the process" Cartri said with an uncertain tone as he stares back to the more than likely pissed off android named Xan Deesa. Unexpectedly, he'd raise his arm up to try and slap Xan across the face in retaliation to her smug attitude which fueled his aggression "Give... it... back..."

Cartri yanked her around and a piercing glare met his gaze as Xan scowled at the action. "Oh and now I'm stopping you?!" She fired right back at him. She was about to continued when he interrupted her... and a hand smashed into her cheek. Her head turned with the impact as she raised a hand to her cheek in shock.

Her gaze turned back to him as he demanded to have his crystal back. The initial shock passed as she planted a foot against his chest to send him down the stairs, before she slowly marched down to meet him. "You ungrateful, heartless little worm!" She shouted, her knuckles turning white as she clenched her fists in preparation. "I came here, hoping to make things right! To have my little brother back! To be a family again... and instead I get it all thrown in my face!" She ranted as she halted a few feet away from him. "I should have karking left you on the streets." She wiped at her eyes before she tossed the crystal at his feet. "I karking loved you, Cartri! I'd burn down the bloody galaxy for you if it meant seeing you smile..." A sniff escaped her as she shivered in anger.

"Enjoy that karking crystal." She muttered as she turned and made her way back up the stairs. She was torn in two. On the one hand, she wanted to end the little skug... but the other part was already regretting the kick alone. Yet in the back of her mind, she simply kept wishing for him to pull her into a hug, to let her back in.

To say he instantly regretted the slap was an understatement. He was losing control again, and the fact he harmed the person he was closest to made him step back slightly in shock. Before he could even come to terms with what he did a boot slammed into his chest, sending him tumbling back down the stairs. With a thump, his back finally made contact with the hollow floor, forcing him to groan in agony as he heard his former mentor's harsh words go through like a hot knife through butter

Looking up to Xan his face contorted in a mixture of pain and despair, nothing could prepare for the comment about leaving him on the streets instead. That sentence alone hurt more than the fall, it almost felt like he had been stabbed through the heart. His head slowly lowered before tears rolled down his cheeks, trying to hide his shame even though Xan was in view of seeing his guilty conscience
"Sh- shut up..." he croaked up to her after stating she would do anything for him to smile. Their friendship was surely over at this point, and it was all Xan's fault for getting them into his mess.

While she began to walk up the stairs Cartri finally had the nerve to look at her with a face that was on the verge of an all out breakdown. However, something was starting to bubble up inside the teen, an aggressive side to him that hadn't shown itself since that faithful night with Daiya Daiya . Using a theater chair to get up he limped over to the first step, his glare coldly looking at the person he once respected "Y-you caused all this you selfish kark!" he yelled at the top of his lungs "Y-you know what?! I'm starting to understand why you were so lonely for all these years. You're just a cybernetic freak whose sole purpose was to bring sadness to whoever you were close to!" at the same time Cartri's right hand opened up to a broken and rusted out chair. Growling in dismay, he flung the long forgotten furniture towards Xan. Due to how heavy it was, it wasn't fast enough for the woman to worry about "That mask really did hide a monster..." he ended with a sob, failing hard at acting tough and holding it together.

Last edited:
Xan continued her walk up the stairs, even as Cartri roared and screamed at her. The words cut deeply, but she refused to face him again as tears rolled down her cheeks and muffled sniffs slipped from her. It was only when a chair crashed behind her that she stopped. His final words caused her to turn and face him from the top of the stairwell.

"That mask really did hide a monster..."

She stared down at him for a long moment as her emotions ran high. The rage in her wanted to march down and beat him to an inch of his life, and her body would allow her to do that in a matter of seconds, yet the rage faded as her shoulders slumped and the anger washed from her face. She wanted to say something, do something, anything to break this rift. But nothing could make it right.

She swallowed hard, resisting the urge to go down to him again. The silence was painful to tolerate. She finally moved, wiping tears from her eyes as she reached down to clip her mask back around her face. "See you around, Cartri." She spoke just loud enough for him to hear. With that, she turned around and walked out of the exit.

Already her mind raced over what she could have done differently... but there was nothing. Her mistakes didn't happen in there, it started when she was too afraid to reach out with him. A mistake that she would likely never be able to fix. A mistake that would hang over her head as long as she lived.

/End thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom