Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Time For Transfer

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

ANNAJ ORBIT, IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER GORGON

The Empire was coming across at the seams. Everyone knew this, and it was the exact reason Circe Savan, former Sith Lady of Sector III, was bringing several things to the Fringe. The first were scrolls and tablets. These had been taken and excavated from Malachor V's Trayus Academy and the various training facilities on Tund, detailing all sorts of juicy tidbits on Sith sorcery and magic.

However, there were other, more important things aboard. Namely, the designs of every single Subach product ever made for the Sith Empire. The Ranator-class Star Destroyer, Eightgun-class Assault Fighter, and many more designs were loaded onto a holodisc, specifically intended to to utilized in factories that Subach intended to develop in Fringe space. Right now, Circe was here, in orbit of Annaj, to speak with the one woman who could assist her in such an endeavour.

Admiral Shira Karrde.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Circe Savan"] was behind the times, spreading herself too far between too many corners of the galaxy. Ashin hadn't gone by Shira Karrde since the revelation at the Battle of Atrisia. Ashin boarded the Gorgon without complication or hesitation, and met Circe in her meeting room.

She eyed the assembled scrolls, tablets, and datafiles. "I've been asking you to commit for years...well, now I'm satisfied. Well done, Circe. Well done indeed."

She offered her hand to shake.

And Circe shook it. "I've been your staunch ally since we met. I've done much for you, as well as for Spencer. This is only the latest thing." She sighed. "I'll see what of the Imperial fleet I can muster and what other technical documents from Seinar I can bring over before the Empire fully collapses. I am going to need shipyards, though, in order to manufacture you these warships. If not ones belonging to other powers, then ones that I may construct myself."

After all, she did have infrastructure to work on.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"I can't reallocate shipyard space, even though we have the yards at Rakata Beta, Lwhekk, and Annaj here. What I can do is relocate your Serpena facility to a Fringe world and improve it into a full-scale yard. Serpena is the keystone of the neutral zone's rimward edge. I can't have you operating shipyards or immense fleets out of there ever again - it's a massive problem with the Galactic Empire. You have no idea how close I was to having to destroy those yards when you launched for Dromund Kaas."
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Wait... So you and the Atrisians - not going to call them the Galactic Empire, as they hardly even qualify as an Imperial remnant - made a deal with regards to a neutral zone that includes territory that is neither yours not the Atrisians', and which the leaders of said planets were never informed by the Fringe nor the Atrisians of this buffer zone?" She crossed her arms, sighing.

"Well, are we going to do anything about the Fel Imperium, or no? They want to kill you. And all other Darksiders."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Yes," said Ashin, in answer to Circe's question. "That's how a neutral zone works. Having substantial military assets present in that zone, linked to one side or the other -- and yes, the Galactic Empire considers those ships Fringe vessels, and they will react to them and us as such -- could lead to war at a time when the Republic is breathing down our necks. Serpena can no longer be a ship refit base or a fleet staging point, not to that scale. That's the way it has to be.

"As for the Fel -- they're welcome to try. They're allied with the Republic. If we take preemptive action, the Republic destroys us. If we wait for the Fel to act and then annihilate them..." Ashin shrugged. "That's my foreign policy. Make friends, wait for my enemies to act, then give them a proportional response. That, too, is the way it has to be."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom