Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public A Test of Dominance & Elegance [SO Combat Trials]

twilek-star-wars.gif

"The soil will stain red with the blood of the unworthy~"

Can you tell a smile from a veil? They were indistinguishable here, they were a permanent fixture of this Utopian city. As much a fixture as the invisible walls, or beckoning, threatening virus, a bell from a tower, the summons. Year after year, these would remain until they crumbled, and me veil would remain as well. Only time could erode it.

Bright eyes moistened in a young mans sockets as he stared at outward at the ancient architecture from within the comfort of his vehicle...the mysterious man seemed to of arrived sooner than he intended and thus found himself just staring quietly out his tinted window. He sat patiently as if waiting for something to be drawn to him, by fate, by chance, by aggression or any other motive. Hell maybe he did understand chaos theory. Maybe deep inside he knew how things tended to unravel.

"I need to make some calls, make sure everything is in place for today's displays~" He growled, closing his eyes and inhaling deeply through his nostrils. His driver adjusted the rear view mirror and focused its lens on the nameless figure in the backseat.

"Then you best get a move on My Lord~" The Driver mused, making the masked man in the back sigh deeply.

"Just...stay here. Read a book or somethin, we're gonna be here a while." He commanded, adjusting his hat and popping the door of the vehicle open. A single boot greeting the dirt as the man pushed himself out and twisted his neck, audibly cracking the bones as the man adjusted his tie and fixed his suit.

It was gonna be a long day and Kruger had no desire to be involved with whatever his superiors had planned but at this point he was in no position to disobey their request. And with that mentally noted he pulled on the brim of his hat and made his way towards the front of mysterious facility. A Sith Pureblood draped in dark robes standing at the entrance as if waiting for the masked man. The two quickly recognized one another and Kruger opened his arms as if to greet the man with a hug. The two sharing a rather quick embrace as the two chuckled boisterously.

"It's been to long my friend~" The Sith mused, his voice heavy with worry as the man in black reached up to pull off his hat, bringing it down to his chest as he looked the old man over. Immediately he shook his head and gave him a good look over. "Are the preparations set?"

"Not long enough i'd say" Kruger teased, giving the Sith a pat on the shoulder and the two turned around to enter the temple. "The spectators have been informed of the arrival of their chosen champions and invitations have been sent out to...worthy parties. Great potential will blossom this day or perish into dust~" Kruger explained elusively. The Pureblood quirking a brow with a devilish grin.

"Oh? Business as usual then?" Darsha replied with a quirked brow. "You told me what you needed me to do before you arrived but you never did mention why. Should i be concerned?"

"Concerned? No, not at all. Truthfully i'm not entirely sure what is happening either but those higher up the foodchain want to observe the progress of our most recent additions. Test their worth so to speak, and with great promise of spoils to those who catch their gaze." Kruger explained, narrowing his eyes tightly from behind his helmet. Darsha gave a brief nod of understanding and weighed his head back and forth'.

"What is this all about Kruger? You vanish for half a decade then pop back up out of the blue like this? Asking me to assemble some of our best and brightest as well as our true and tested lords and ladies? What's going on?" Darsha asked in a hushed tone as the masked man shifted his gaze along the interior of the building as if looking to see if they were being watched.

"Look all i know is newer players have been entering the game and some of them play it well, and others don't. And the lords and ladies i represent, don't wan't people who can't play the game getting any higher up the ladder than they have. Think of it as a kind of threat assessment and test of might within our population. With all the culling and purging going on I don't know why or what their motive is but i learned that trying to understand how they think is only going to give you a headache. We know our place, pieces on the board to be moved. We just have to both hope the ones moving us are more clever than our opponent, yes?" He explained, keeping his hat tucked beneath his arm as they walked through the temples halls. "It's all incredibly suspect i'll admit. But promise of valued assets, power and influence have been promised to those who can demonstrate...dominance in the trials. A little weird and i think but it would be in both our interest if we just play along."

Darsha stared, grimacing at the explanation before stopping in the middle of the hall.

"Ok i'll bite. Who do you work for? Because you sound like you have no clue whats happening and you rarely are out of any kind of loop" Darsha replied, running a hand along his chin as Kruger began to chuckle darkly.

"Don't ask questions you'll regret hearing the answers to~" Kruger answered, making Darsha squint suspiciously.

"Alright i'll give you that. Especially these days~" He muttered, forcing a low sigh out of Kruger.

"Frankly that is probably a good thing. Now, other representatives and spectators for the trials will be here any minute and if things aren't perfect then it's my ass so please tell me you made good on that favor you owed me?" Kruger urged, making Darsha shake his head and drop the subject for now.

"Yes, i've called the meeting. Hard to say who all will show up but the ones who show the highest potential have all been called to the courtyard. Promise of rewards and glory were whispered to each of them as you instructed, carrot on the stick yeah? Some of our Acolytes were on assignments and i had to recall them so whatever you and your 'master' have planned had better be worth it because i can't do something like this again for you." Darsha replied, folding his arms behind his back as they stepped out of the temple and out unto the courtyard where many were gathered. Either quietly standing or socializing with one another as the two exchanged glances. About a good dozen were already there and that lifted a weight in Krugers chest.

"Good, this is good. I appreciate it Lord Darsha." Kruger mused, lifting his hat and sliding it back onto his helmet as he stood statuesque over them, examining each of the individuals gathered from behind his cold mask.

It was gonna be a very long day indeed. And the game hadn't even begun...

Yet~

BJC3oIp.gif

| TO THOSE AMONG THE ASSEMBLED CHAMPIONS & FAVORED ONES |
There was a promise in their ears, a whisper of honey and gold that sweetened the senses but rotted the festering core had lured them to this place. The message passed to them was a simple one, a clearly conveyed idea Sith had ingrained into themselves. Dominate. Dominate battle, dominate your enemies, dominate your destiny. There could be no false gods here, only those truly worthy of the gifts bestowed upon them and with so many restless minds and twisted souls gathered in one place the tension mounting was so palpable the force radiated with a toxic energy that could choke a man.

But not them, no never them. They were chosen, among the selected, loved by their god because their god was mighty and their god was strong! How could the force fail them? For many this was yet another scheme of someone holding greater power over them, able to draw one in like moth to a flame with the promise of power, wealth, things valued only by them. Just another test they would pass and add to the stepping stone of their story.

But many among them were sure to feel this way. But with every test employed by the sith they would do well to remember, that this was not the Jedi Academy.

Not everyone passed the test. And participation trophies were not in their program!

Keep your blades close fine champions. They will be tested soon enough~

MUMdID2.gif

| TO THE LORDS & LADIES OF THE SITH, SPECTERS OF THEIR FAVORED CHAMPIONS |
To destroy always felt so easy to some. Among Lords & Ladies of the dark to destroy was to assert divine authority, to them it was second nature as simple and easy as breathing and eating. But to nurture? To allow something to grow? To mother power and watch it fester? Few possessed the boldness to grow something bigger, better than themselves. For fear they may be snuffed out and replaced by a superior force they reared.

It was common among the Sith, nurturing power. And in the same breath pruning it, clipping its wings. Making it so power could be beautiful, but never quite as beautiful as theirs. But the mysterious Lords & Ladies of the Sith operated mysteriously and often kept their cards close to their chest. The galaxy was a board, and each champion a piece in it.

The enigmatic personalities and influences that would spectate the event had their own motivations, their own desires, and to each their own wills. Some wanted to merely observe, others wanted to educate, taking a more direct roll in the trials. And others? Others merely wanted to cull those they considered unworthy of the name Sith.

And now the stage was set and the play ready to begin for their entertainment.

OOC

Champions: Fighters and those who want to fight can find an opponent or engage in the PvE Scenarios set up, build alliances to pass the trials easier or go against everyone and keep them behind.

Specters: Lords & Ladies who have nothing to prove, spectate your favored champions as well as create complex and difficult conditions to trip up and test the others, or join the fray to educate by hand or ensure your enemies pupils don't pass the trial alive.

Have Fun <3

Last edited:
The whispers kept coming from his mind, it kept pestering it into near oblivion. But now...so many years, so much mastery of what he could do with it now, it almost was normal. It even reduced his age, it feasted on the life it desired and kept its host young...so it itself can survive. The growling near his back was increasing, the beast was starting to hunger. The curse...the dark side was now hungering for even a morsel of food. Sitting cross legged where he was supposed to, he kept himself calm for now. No need to rile himself up and his...acquittances just yet.

He had his own blade...just for today. Over time he learned enough not to sting himself on swinging it, nor connect it to its hosts. It seemed strange, to bounce his mind all over the place. But today...it will determine. It been a few years since their last...meeting. Now today decides, that future with them.

Or not.
Domina Prime Domina Prime

Æirik

Æ
Æirik didn't want to be here.
It was that simple. His Sire held a hefty amount of influence in a vast number of circles and decided this would be as good a test as any. A chance to see if the last two hundred years had been worth it, or all a massive waste of time and resources. So, a few strings were pulled, and Æirik was invited in as a champion.

The Sangnir strode confidently out into the arena. Stretching his arms and shoulders out across his body. Despite rather being anywhere else, he knew better than to let his opponents know that. He was here now, and he needed to commit to that to make it through.
He kicked his right leg up behind him, catching it, and stretching out his quads. He was trained for this and wasn't going to let it get in his way. Æirik's Sire had promised him his freedom and a ship if he could prove himself in this arena, so that's what he was going to do.

After stretching out what muscles felt tight, he took a deep breath to center himself. Confidently grasping the hilt of his lightsaber that was hanging off his hip, and waited for the trial to begin.

Domina Prime Domina Prime Mithara Cohen Mithara Cohen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom