Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A taste of the fire

Whisky+Barrels.jpg

Finding herself once again home as she had called it so, much that she had a little place build for her stays when came to visit her factories. Even so she looked out to the mountains that her little place was nestled into. Turning back as she walked in to cheek with the workers to see all was ready for the tasting for their special guest. Knowing a little bit about her, she also knew that this could be a big boost in her sells if someone like him would endorse her whiskey that she made here.

Even so she couldn't help but smooth her long black dress of business like down. As she step into the place deeper. Knowing that she could get lost in there for house. To just the smile of the place of how natural it was of the wood that was only from the finish imports from planets far from her place of choice for the factories. Finding herself making sure that all was right that know had gone missing even by accident.

Even so she took her place once again at the door frame scanning the long dirt road that lead up to the place that was off a little ways from the factory it self, knowing the noise wouldn't be good for business for her guest of all kind of higher society.

[member="Henry Chinko"]

Hank loved it when people thought he was important.

Days before, Hank had been in a cantina on Nar Shaddaa when he came across a brand of whiskey he hadn't tried before. Of course, being an avid guzzler of all booze brown and biting, the aging writer was sure to have a glass.

And another.

And another.

By the time Hank had finally had his fill, he demanded that the barkeep tell him where he had gotten this mystery liquor from. By then it was late in the evening, and Hank was a faithful customer, so the barkeep rummaged through his files and returned with a small dossier on one [member="Seanna Vel"]. Apparently she ran a private distillery on a planet Hank had never visited. Attached to the informational documents was a picture of the woman, she had striking red hair and bright eyes.

And there was communication information.

Hank was invited to visit the distillery and have a private meeting with the proprietress herself, after a brief conversation with some sort of receptionist (who happened to be a fan of Coruscant Underwater, Hank's first novel.)

I swear, why is it that Poems from Nar Shadda is no one's favorite? Everyone loves karking Coruscant Underwater.

Hank was a little bitter over the fact that he hadn't had a successful book in several years. He hadn't published a thing in five, but he stopped being truly successful long before. Still, the wisps of his extinguished career had been enough to land him a visit to a whiskey factory. Life wasn't all that bad.

Hank had been transported by private shuttle, and arrived at Vel's enterprise with a glint of excitement in his eyes. He hadn't had a private tasting in quite a while, and these people were treating him as though he weren't just a washed up old drunk. He even tucked his shirt in, just to keep up appearances.

Hank strode down the dirt path that led to the entrance of a small building beside what appeared to be a massive factory. In the door frame stood the young woman from the photograph, clad in a very appealing black dress. When Hank arrived, he tipped his sunglasses onto his nose and took the owner's hand in his. Looking her in the eyes, he lifter her hand to his lips to kiss it.

"Seanna, I presume. Hank Chinko. Thank you for having me."

Smiling at him."Yes you are correct, I take it your Mr. Chinko that I heard so much about from my Miss Fitle from the front office. As made the small talk, as she looked him over. Not to bed for being a writer, then again what had she expected for him to look like. Having some kind of nerd look to him, being scurry not well filed out. Maybe so, as she waved him to come into her place of formal tasting area of the place.

Hearing a scream of delight coming from behind her. Could only mean one thing that Miss Fitle had came to cheek on things herself. Going over to shake his hand becoming tonge tied. Clearing her throat to get her attention, "Yes did you need something."

"I just wanted him to sign my copy." showing nothing of her distemted at this point with her she just smile at her. Waiting for Mr. Chinko to speak.

[member="Henry Chinko"]

"You must be the Miss Fitle I spoke to on the phone. You're even more lovely than you sounded."

In reality, she paled in comparison physically to her boss. Still, Hank smiled at the tiny woman, this Miss Fitle was the reason Hank had made this connection. The least he could do was sign the book that she had brought for him...even if she was just another fan who didn't like his poetry. He took her pen and her copy of his novel in his hand.
With love to my dear Miss Fitle,
Henry M. Chinko

For good measure, Hank even kissed Miss Fitle's hand. He didn't like to repeat moves, but he didn't think it would be particularly appropriate to kiss the woman on the cheek, melt though she may at the concept.

What bothered Hank more was that Seanna did not actually know who he was. Or, if she did, she was much more cool and collected than her receptionist. Hank turned back to the fiery redhead, looking her up and down again in his usual relaxed manner.

"So, what have you got for me, Ms. Vel?"

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Before speaking to him, she waved at Miss Fitle, "That be all, don't you have some work to do, " as her tone was maybe a little harsher then should have been. After all she was kind of displeased with her behavior in this what she saw as business. Couldn't help but chuck as she left the way she did stumbling out the door frame.

Even so she couldn't help but turn her attention back to what had been laid out for them.

"Well, Mr. Chinko, I have a variety of different whiskey ready for you to taste, starting with the weakess one as you can see by its lighter color, then working the way up to the darkness one. " as she handed him the first glass. After which she waited to see what he thought about it. After all it had been a new batch that they had try with a little bit of sweetness not something one would find in whiskey.

Couldn't help herself as he looked at him once again to smooth out her dress on the sides after all she wasn't used to wearing her street clothing very often these days.

If she had her way she wouldn't have been in a pair of form fitting pants and a light wait over side shirt, something she like to wear when not doing business dealings.

[member="Henry Chinko"]

Miss Vel was an interesting looking woman. While she was indeed pretty, with bright hair and eyes, there was a ferocity to her appearance. Something about her manner, but also the markings on her left eye, which looked almost tribal. Hank didn't know much about the way people chose to mark themselves--he had never loved anything enough to want it to become a permanent part of his physical being.

As he took the light whiskey in his hand, he appreciated the moment of contact that he had with Seanna. Try as he might (or might not) he was always flirting. It wasn't even personal at this point, just a natural reaction to interacting with other people. Probably a defense mechanism.

Who knew? Who cared? Henry downed the drink.

He smiled.

Interesting.

"Hmmm...it isn't very strong. How did you get it so sweet! Is there something added to it?"

In truth, Henry knew nothing about the process by which whiskey was made. In his life, there was a tendency not to ask where things came from; once one assigned an origin to a thing, it became much more difficult to consume.

Endings are always easier when they're the only part of the story you hear.

He'd have to write that one down as soon as he had the opportunity.

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Even the little movement of his eyes didn't go unseen by her. Even so she knew that dealing with the men she did, knowing how they acted and play only made her more cautious. Making a part of her more intruded by this one that stood before. Smiling at him, as he asked her the question.

Well, if I told you then my secret could be used by my competitors after all you are a writer are you not, have many circles that you travel. " , raising the next glass a bit more golden with a stronger smell.

Shall we, try this one, that has been aged a bit longer in a Malpaso tree barrel, we make in our factories.

Letting her softly touch his fingers letting them lingerer at [member="Henry Chinko"] for a bit longer. "You might want to be careful this one had a bit of a stronger bit to it then the last one."

If Hank were paying attention, he would have noted that Miss Vel was interacting with him with some degree of caution. Both physically and with regards to his question. It hadn't even crossed Hank's mind to steal company secrets, but Seanna was clearly more shrewd than he was. Or at least more careful.

This next whiskey Hank liked much better than the first. He let the liquor linger for a while longer in his mouth. He swallowed it and reveled in the kick it gave. He laughed heartily.

"Now that will get a person good and drunk."

Certainly that is not what a professional whiskey taster would say in praise of a well-crafted drink, but Hank was no professional and had no real appreciation for the art of this whole operation. His ignorance was, at the very least, outweighed by his celebrity. At least he hoped so, or he may be finding himself forcibly removed from the premises before too long.

[member="Seanna Vel"]

"Indeed if that what one is looking for, instead of enjoyment out of enteriment of ones social circles." as she took the empty glass from him. Replacing it with the darkest one that been age the longest with the wood for the barrels coming from Jarwal tree. After all she would only use the best in her business.

"Now this one is the darkness and strong of them all please do tell me what you think of it. ", as she really begin to wonder how much he knew of the different whiskey and the making of it.

After all she also wonder just what brought him to want to try her whiskey had it really been that good or was there something else.

[member="Henry Chinko"]

Hank took note of Seanna's tone and tried to reel himself in. He had forgotten that he was a public official now that The Awoken was appointing its members to political positions within the burgeoning empire. Hank wasn't just Henry M. Chinko, writer extraordinaire any longer, he was Potentate Chinko. And he was a guest of Ms. Vel and her company; the least he could do was show a little respect.

"Yes, I think even my snobby writer friends would enjoy this one. The flavor is so full and deep."

Yes, Hank was making it all up on the spot. Friends? He hadn't really had any since the divorce. On the inside, he was laughing hysterically at the thought that he had anything educated to say about fine whiskies.

Which did raise the question of why he had come here in the first place. Sure, free booze was nice, but it wasn't like he couldn't have purchased three glasses of whiskey in the very bar where he first discovered Miss Vel's brand. Perhaps it was the allure of being treated as an honored guest. Perhaps it was Miss Fitle's enthusiasm over who he was--or who he had been.

Maybe he was just lonely.

"The darkest is definitely my favorite. Maybe the best I've ever tasted...and trust me, I've had my fair share," He chuckled lightly. As it came out, he felt as if it had fallen flat. Hank winked slyly at Miss Vel, hoping that the added touch may have made his quip the least bit funny.

"So is running this company all that you do, Miss Vel? Tell me about your company and yourself!"

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Her eyes dance as her lips let out a chuckle for a bit of amusement from this one. True that he wasn't like the others that had came and even made a business dealing. What made her give into her Miss Fitle to invite this one. Could it be that she was tried of the same business dealing, or was it more something of the force that had whispered in her ear.

Reaching up as to take the glass from him, before that she patted his arm. "Don't try so hard, you don't have to be someone that your not around me." wondering how much he knew about her. Also watching the whole time how he wouldn't take his eye off her kiffu marking.

"I take it you haven't been or seen a Kiffar before in your galaxy travel." how could he as the planets of both Kiffix and Kiffex was very poor not really the one she was farm had good rich soil to produce crops and find grass land to raise Nerf. She gotten so far off from being the little farm girl she herself forgot what it was to be common.

"The marking is a Kiffu is past from mother to child as long with the last name, the luck one has the gift of slight or phomoney to see what others can't see in objects I have been blessed by these gift." as she waved her hand away.

"Forgive me I bore you with my own, Race.", as she gather her thoughts. "If you must know I love to work with my hands out in the fields more then I like doing these kind of showy business meetings, I love to hunt for creature to be taken as prize, as long with .." as she though more she thought of all the hardships she stop herself once more.

"What about you all I know is that your wrote a few books to make you famous."

[member="Henry Chinko"]

Hank chuckled.

Yeah, sweetheart, that's about it.

"The markings are definitely something to see. Bet no one else can say they've got anything like that going on." Hank pointed nonchalantly to the woman's eye and neck, where her Kiffu symbols were located. Someone had once told him it was rude to point. Whatever, he wasn't supposed to not be himself.

He sat back in his chair, downing the rest of his dark liquor. "I don't have much to tell, really. I grew up poor and then all of a sudden I made a bunch of money off of a novel I wrote. I rode the cool wave of good ol' inspiration until it dried up. I got two or three other hits, several mediocre sellers, and one 'certified piece of has-been garbage.' That is, if you believe the reviewers at the Coruscant Literary Review."

Hank pulled out a cigarette instinctively.

"You mind if I smoke in here?"

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Did she mine maybe she did, giving a way a sigh as she thought what kind of hostess would she be if didn't let him. "I have a thought maybe we could move out side for a bit of fresh air." as she smile at him. Before stepping out she got behind the tasting bar getting two fresh glasses and a large bottle of the darkest whiskey he had just tasted.

"If you don't mind if I have a drink with you." as she let her eyes fall on him once more as if she was trying to look past his eyes into his soul. Feeling for him through the force. As she had some training but she had stop short after she made the rank of Knight rank. That was the past so it didn't matter as to why she stop, or what she keep going with.

Lending him out onto a deck out back that had a view of the mountains. As she got busy with the fire pit even having some trouble bending in such a tight dress that she had chose to wear today or had her Miss Fitle had pick it out. Seeing some humor in this all that she let her do so. Now she was taking off the high heal shoes going bare foot.

Having the pair in her hands, "You don't mine do you." as she sat down trying to deside how best to cross her legs. As she let him pour the glasses for them if he offered.

52cbdac8bc6245556c779a6100ebe572.jpg
[member="Henry Chinko"]​

There was something enchanting about Seanna carrying a bottle of whiskey and leading Hank out onto the patio. Hank always had an enamoring moment when he walked behind a woman, he couldn't help it. Since he was a much younger, he had a weakness for whiskey and women. After his money and fame ruined his marriage to the most wonderful woman he had ever met, Hank had become hard. There were glimpses, though, of his humanity.

They mostly happened when he was having a drink with a woman, bending over in a tight dress optional.

Hank lit his cigarette and breathed in the smoke. He had been craving a smoke since he touched down, and--of the two things whiskey made him want to do--have a cigarette was chief on the list. As Seanna stood back up, having gotten the fire going, Hank clapped coyly.

"Bravo, Miss Vel."

As she removed her shoes, Hank made a move to take off his own, for courtesy's sake. He liked the way his bare feet made contact with the scratchy concrete. There was a freedom in nudity, and Hank rarely had freedom. Hank took his seat, putting on a pair of sunglasses.

"Quite the place you have out here."

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Didn't have to watch to know what kind of view he was taking in of her at that moment. Liking to get her hands dirty with chorus like getting a fire started. Even then she couldn't help but watch the sparks take off until there was a fire that licking just above of the fire place. Letting her eyes lift up to hearing his comment and clap.

This only gave her away to a snort, with a ending of a smirk. "What you think someone like me was born to this luxury?" as she let that slide for now. Giving away a little amused look when he took his own shoes off. "Your feet also hurt there, sugar?" as she just gave away to chuckle.

Taking her own seat next to him, before smile bigger to his comment. "Yes isn't it, so much calmness away from all the busy rounding and running a Corporation." , as she smirk taking the first drink of the strong but most welcome drink. Even so she couldn't help but look towards the mountains knowing that her own little hideaway was there nestled into the trees.

Moments went by before speaking again to her guest at hand looking at him from the side and seeing that he had on his sunglasses again. "You don't have to have those on out here I don't think no one will be around to recognize you will beside my personal assistant."

[member="Henry Chinko"]

Hank smirked. Women were always trying to tell him what to do. Not that he probably should listen to the women--and the men in fact--who were telling him that most of the things that he did were wrong, but Hank was a defiant son-of-a-Sith. Still, Miss Vel was very pretty in that dress and with her hands dirty. Hank kicked back and took off the sunglasses.

"Force of habit." He made a small tip of his head and gestured with his arms in a slow, open-handed sweep, "as you command, Your Highness. Wouldn't want to disobey the queen in her castle."

Hank was, by this time, a little less than sober. He could hold his liquor for sure, but this was strong stuff and he had had quite a bit. He always forgot that he wasn't supposed to swallow the alcohol at tastings. Oh well.

"Must be hard work, running this place. I can barely keep my own enterprise in order, and I'm the only employee." Hank looked over to Seanna with a playful smile. He only ever made bad jokes, but they still seemed pretty funny coming out of his mouth. "Are you guys having success? I bet I could get you some contracts that would be good for business. I definitely like your stuff."

[member="Seanna Vel"]

This only got her to raise her eyebrow more even so she wouldn't just play into his hand or would he this was to much fun. "Now its Queen is it, " as she just shook her head a few times. Making good work of the glass she had in her hand. "I seem that you take a lot of looking out for, I bet you .." as she stop herself short after all she had to tell herself to be nice. In the past yea she would just give her opinion on someone they want them or not. "Yes it is hard work, even harder work running a corporation." as she let that sink in after all she had to do something with all the crops from all the farmers that flowed in, to her she was putting it to good use. "You see in fact that this is my second business, beside being elected to the board, my family own a Nerf Ranch, we all know how much a good Nerf steak can be worth." giving him a wink. After all she had a feeling that his taste in not only fine drinks but in food as well.

"You have my attention," after all she was always on the looking out that would be good for her business. Even so she couldn't help but see that there was maybe more behind this ones then what she could tel at this time. Even so she had to keep herself in cheek after all he was a client that wasn't good for business to to think any be on that. So what was the harm with the flirting once in a while. After all even she had needs and desires and play time was good for her personality if the right one would come along.

[member="Henry Chinko"]

Hank raised his eyebrows playfully.

"So what you're telling me is that you're actually a Nerf herder?" He smiled at the quip, but looked Seanna up and down. "Well, be that as is may you certainly aren't a scruffy looking one. Maybe you'll have to treat me to a steak sometime...provided, of course, that you'll be in attendance." On the inside, Hank winked at Miss Vel. He could not tell if she was flirting with him or not, but he had enough drinks in him to loosen his lips significantly. If he was attracted to her, he was going to make a point to hit on her--that was the way Henry Chinko was.

"As for the booze...You know I'm with The Awoken, right? Not much of a major power yet, but I do believe Winter Sovereign is going to make something huge of herself in the coming years. She's starting an empire and all. I'm supposed to be a kind of governor in the political structure there, but I guess that won't kick in until we own some planets.

Anyway, the Queen is having a birthday party soon. I would definitely want to have your whiskey there if I'm going to have to play politician for hours on hours."

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Playing with her own eyebrow raised at him, was he in his own way trying to say she didn't fit the ideal nerf herder. "Oh, if I didn't think better you was asking me out on a date, me to bring the meat." giving him a playful wink. As if that wasn't enough on her plate already. In this moment she was enjoying herself.

"I know nothing about this Awoken is please go on" as refilled her glass offering for her to fill up his also. After all this was the best way to know if one was just lending her on, or this was really something that would lend her to farther her company along it road to bigger and better things.

"I could do that would the Queen you speak of just want whiskey or would there be a desire for all my liquor I produce on this planet." as she let it sink in some more before she would make any other comment. As now they was getting down to business. It took a few glasses but he was starting to really get interesting.

"so, governor that big shoes to feel, you up for it, I mean you have to have a good staff behind you to run a planet as that is pretty big undertaking." as she let her eyes lock on to his for a moment.

Then watching the fire knowing it needed to be stroke some, as she reach over a cross his legs for the iron poker.

[member="Henry Chinko"]

As she reached over his legs, Hank could not help but feel a twinge of desire for this woman. If her flirting had been masked, this seemed pretty overt. Hank figured Miss Vel would have just asked him for the poker if she hadn't been trying to play with him at least a little. And Hank couldn't really resist a woman...any woman...who showed interest in him. Maybe it was his ego, maybe it was his self-loathing.

Maybe it was just boredom.

Sure, they could discuss the Awoken, they could discuss his Potentate job, they could even talk about his poetry, but there was a more pressing concern at this point. As she leaned over him, Hank put a hand on Seanna's back gently. It was a seemingly innocuous gesture, a simple reflex to her movement towards him. Although he was perhaps just a little bit close to her hindquarters. "Well, I know I came here on business, but I wouldn't avoid going as far as to say this ​could be a date if we wanted it to be. We both took of our shoes. There's a fire. There's even a sunset."

He pointed nonchalantly out to the sun, which was setting beyond the distillery.

[member="Seanna Vel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom