Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Taste Of Life

Darkness. That had been Nima's world for the past half hour. The blindfold, covering her eyes, stretched around her head tightly. Her heart raced as gentle hands guided her through a maze of twists and turns. It had been several minutes and the only reassurance that she wasn't lost was the weight of his finger tips, pressing against her skin. She came to a sudden stop, lurching forward softly as the hands pulled back. The sound of creaking wood echoed through her ears. Then the dull thud of heavy boots against the wooden floor.

A soft breeze rolled across her bare shoulders, carrying a wash of fresh ocean air, making Nima inhale deeply. She took a step or two forward, lifting her hands to meet with any obstructions. Nima stiffened a little, her fingers grazing against his chest. There was a moment of silence, nothing but her own breathing. The rhythmic thudding of a heat beat sounded in her ears as she held her breath. A sudden wave of vulnerability made Nima draw her arms toward her chest. Her shoulders rose a little, as if preparing for the worst.

He wouldn't do that to her, he had been nothing but kind from the moment they met. Still, the distinct scars of her previous encounter with males still littered her mind. She felt her muscles tense a little as wild thoughts drifted through her head. The pace of her heart increased as she struggled to feel anything other than the blood rushing through her head. Her finger shook steadily as they hooked around the blindfold, tugging it down.

The sudden brightness of the sun blinded her for a moment. As her eyes adjusted to the light everything faded into view. She caught her breath, both in relief and surprise. She gathered her thoughts, drinking in the scenery. The sea breeze drifted in again, this time accompanied by the view of deep, blue waters. The sun had just begun to meet with the horizon, steadily sinking inch by inch. Soft, white wisps of cloud drifted over a fading orange sky.

Nima's eyes travelled down, her mouth a gape slightly as she caught his gaze. She glanced at him, catching a small twinkle in his eye as she finally managed to breath. She took a few steady, silent breaths, before speaking in a soft whisper. "I-... It's beautiful."

@[member="Darth Metus"]

For the two overlooking the ocean, pain and suffering were lingering scars that still conjured nightmares. Isley had considered it the providence of the Force that he had chosen a new apprentice who had shared in such a similar history; and dedicated himself to mending those scars as best as he possibly could. Through teaching her the ways of the Force, he would convert her scars into a source of strength...and by being a kind and loyal companion, he would show her just how sweet a life free of chains tasted. His time, however, was woefully short in recent days; for the militant operations of the Confederacy called him out to battlefield after battlefield. As such, he decided to utilize one of his days of free time in order to show his apprentice a brighter side of life.

And so the surprise was hatched: a day on the town.

Since the moment his starfighter landed upon the planet, he had placed a blindfold over her eyes and had whispered silent assurances into her ears. Then, the armor-clad warrior guided her through the streets of Lameradd to a rather high-class dining establishment known as Three Jetties. It was built directly overlooking the ocean, and Isley had seen fit to reserve a table that had the best view of the sun as it dipped below the horizon. The hour was just that time, and as the blindfold came off the Twi'lek's eyes were filled with the majesty of nature. From upon the pier-like exterior of the restaurant, one could clearly see far out across the waters and revel in the breathtaking dispaly of beauty. The sun's descent caused a myriad of colors to erupt across the sky; vibrant shades of mandarin, vermillion, and magenta tinging the blue of the sky and the clouds.

Below, the waters were crystal clear and a cool, gentle breeze blew in; tasting of salt and carrying the aroma of the ocean.

This was the perfect place to begin a life of freedom: a flawless memory to herald years of happiness to come. Upon hearing her words, Isley gently reached up and grazed her cheek with his fingertips, drawing the attention of her eyes. She was still...cautious around him; a caution that was warranted due to her past. However, with each day he wanted to breach that wall and to build an unspoken bond of trust between them. Little acts such as these would not draw flinches, he hoped, someday in the future; and one step at a time they would get there. "I'm glad you like the view." he said with a smile, before motioning to the table beside them with the same hand. It was set for two with fine china of white, tinged with blue to give it an ocean theme. The centerpiece was simply a bottle of wine with a duo of glasses set beside it, and menus were laid atop their plates.

Ever the gentlemen, the beskar-clad warrior moved over to her seat and pulled it out for her, lingering long enough for her to sit, before gently moving it forward and then settling into his own chair. His helmet, which was situated under the crook of his arm, was set upon the floor by his feet and he reached for the bottle of wine. Deft fingers uncorked it and he poured them both a modest sum before returning the bottle to its place at the center of the table. "Today is your day, my apprentice. A day to start fresh with new memories. Thought it would be a nice change of pace if I took you out for dinner and a stroll about town. After all, you deserve it. You deserve to have good memories and to enjoy your new life." With that said, he elevated his glass and smiled. "Here's to you, Nima."

@[member="Nima Ven"].

She had neglected to notice the dining things laid out for the two. Her eyes, for the moment, seemed to be captivated by the view. For such a long time all she had seen were the insides of ships and the cold metal walls of cells or quickly abandoned houses. She closed her eyes to the contact of his skin on her cheek. She had tried to train herself not to flinch recently, only the corner of her eye twitching a little as she felt his warmth. It was a strange sensation, allowing someone to touch her of her own free will. Getting used the soft contact, she opened her eyes to meet his. There was something there that made Nima feel secure, like she had finally found her place.

Nima stepped over toward the seat, lowering her weight into it as the Mandalorian pushed it closer to the table. Her heart was still racing, but for different reasons this time. They were something she couldn't explain, but the sensation was more then pleasant. She watched as he uncorked the wine, spilling the crimson liquid into the clear glasses. Nima had never tasted alcohol before but she was certainly no stranger to trying out new things. The red of her skin contrasted against he deep colour of the wine as her fingers laced around the stem of the glass. The corners of her lips curled into a small smile as she lifted the glass to meet his.

The sound that resonated from the glasses echoed in her ears as she took the first sip. Instantly, her face grimaced. The wine had a sour, sweet, fruity...all together too confusing taste. She took a moment to wipe the sour look from her features. All too involved in the whole experience, she didn't shy away from taking a second sip. The next one seemed to mellow out the first, her face contorted a little less. Nima set the glass back on the table, licking her lips free of any stray droplets as she glanced at Isley. He had been kind to her from the very beginning and she would be lying if she said she wasn't curious. Still unsure of her boundaries, she lent forward, resting her elbows on the table as she spoke softly. "Why are you being so nice to me?"

She paused. She had intended to say more, but her social skills still seemed to be developing. Her sentence was too blunt of a question, especially for someone who had taken care of her thus far. She cleared her throat, averting her gaze to the table as she tried to correct her mistake. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to sound so forward."

@[member="Isley Verd"]

After the elevation of his glass, the Mandalorian then brought the glass of wine to his lips. Inclining his head ever so slightly, he coaxed a sip of the deep, crimson liquid into his mouth. As the wine washed over his tongue, Isley busied himself with an attempt to identify the year of the wine's bottling simply by taste alone. It was strong, yet still had a distinct sweetness that denoted a relatively young span of time in the cellar. What's more, the aroma was rich...Probably a five to seven year old bottle. In order to confirm, he reached out and turned the front of the bottle to face him upon swallowing. A smirk then formed upon his lips upon seeing that his original judgment was right, the bottle was seven years of age...and people thought that he was just a knuckle-dragging Mandalorian. Ha.

When he looked forward at the beautiful Twi'lek before him, she had posed a question to him. The words were as blunt as a stick; and that was something that Isley could very much appreciate. "It's quite alright." he began, acknowledging her apology first and foremost. He then took another sip of his wine, utilizing the time to carefully consider the words he was about to say. Honestly, the Mandalorian did not...truly have a finite reason why. He was acting on instinct, but when he thought about it, the reasons became very apparent. "Well," he said, setting the glass back upon the table, "you and I are cut from the same cloth. Though you were enslaved much longer than I, I just...couldn't bear to not help you when I found you. It was like looking at myself, y'know?"

"When I was locked up in that damned Sith prison, I didn't have anyone to help me. I didn't have anyone to care...but at least you have me. You don't have to go what I did. Understand?"

@[member="Nima Ven"].

Nima kept her eyes glancing downward at the table. She felt ashamed of herself for being so blunt. He had been nothing but nice to her. Regardless, he seemed mellow enough so she stole the opportunity to look at him once again. She found her lips parting in mild shock as he spoke about his past. Nima, of course, had no idea he had been through anything remotely like what she had been through. She found her attention stolen and her eyes remained on him as she lifted the glass from the table. This time the wine tasted sweet, almost addictive. She took another sip before answering.

"Will..." She paused, finding the right words. "Will you always be here?" Having never felt such kindness before she was afraid it would disappear, as good things always do. She wanted to quiz him on his life before becoming what he was now, but she knew better. The memories were painful for her and she was sure it was the same for him. Though he could probably deal with it a damn sight better.

@[member="Isley Verd"]

The Mandalorian simply chuckled in response to her inquiry and gave her a slight nod of affirmation. From there, he then put that motion into words, as to cement the meaning. "Of course," he began, punctuating this dialogue with a sip of wine, "I will be here for you until the day I die. This I promise." With that said, he placed his glass upon the table and reached once more for the bottle. Silence ruled him as he topped off his glass of wine, then returned the bottle back to where it stood once he was finished. "Now then, let's talk of lighter things." he said with a smile, "I'm sure you have a mountain of questions for me. About the Confederacy, about the Templars...hell, even about me."

He reached out for the menu upon his plate before continuing, taking a moment to look down and skim the catch of the day...Salmon? Interesting. Returning his gaze to her, he smiled once more and continued. "So, feel free to ask away. No question is off-limits or silly."

@[member="Nima Ven"].

Nima watched him nervously from her seat, but the gentle smile that lit up his face relaxed all her worries. She sank back a little into the chair, finding the stem of the glass once again. Nima let the crimson liquid wash over her lips as she took a short sip. Her gaze rested on his, though she wouldn't say it, she was holding him to that promise. "Thank you." She set the glass back onto the table, settling against the back of her seat. "I'm having a difficult time understanding why I feel I can trust you." Nima lent forward, steadying herself as she grabbed the menu as well.

She scanned over it. In all honesty she had no idea what over half the things were. She looked up, placing the menu flat against the table. "I have no idea what anything on here is. Will you order for me?" She had no idea what to expect and she could only begin to imagine all the flavours and conversation to come. She sank back into her chair once again, a content expression plastering her features.
@[member="Isley Verd"]

When the Twi'lek asked the Mandalorian to order for the both of them, he silently resolved to make absolutely certain that his selection was delicious. After scanning the menu top to bottom, he then settled upon a shrimp pasta that was supposedly acclaimed by a variety of critics. Isley would be the judge of the dish's caliber and, order in mind, he waved over one of the numerous servers wandering about. The human male was dressed in the typical attire expected of a waiter and greeted them with a heavily accented tone of voice. "Good afternoon ser y madam, might I take your orders?" The Mandalorian then repeated his choice of meal for him and then handed the waiter the menu whilst he took the one before Nima. Upon departing, Isley returned his attention to his apprentice with a smile.

"Well, I can only say that I'm confident that I'm worthy of your trust. A Mandalorian never forgets and always keeps his word." he said simply, before indulging himself in a sip of wine once more.

@[member="Nima Ven"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom