Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Task at Hand

[member="Alexander Sannes"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Conner Tarven"] [member="Nick Sept"] [member="Gael bar Ammon"] [member="Geral Varta"] [member="Ayumi Pallopides"] [member="Caius Flavian"] [member="Suravi Teigra"] [member="Khyros Sunblade"] [member="Jack Sparrow"]

Dallen checked the time on his comlink as he stood by the platform for the senate's repulsorpods. It was almost time for the next hearing and it had taken a long time and great deal of effort to slot in an appointment to make a request before the Senate on his own behalf. There had been the consideration to head just for the Senate's Military Committee, but for what he wanted to request the Republic Officer felt that he required the approval from the full senate. Not just the Supreme Commander. Not a small committee. He wanted the Senate's approval fully for what he had to say.

He need only wait to be called out and begin.

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
Ayumi sat there and was mostly prepared to listen to things that were being discussed. She wasn't going to chime in until she had to full picture with most of her attention on some of the things before wondering what the one guy had assembled them all here for to hear about. "Well this should be fun." She was speaking the the small droid there in the small pod with her at it beeped back giving her confirmation of mostly her own words as opposed to its own.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
His first official action as a member of the Galactic Senate. The feeling was strange. He had worked for fourty years to get to where he was. For fourty years, he had worked as a politician for the people of Taanab, and finally, they had deemed him worthy of representing them.
His recent divorce with Darla weighed on his mind, however. Thirty years of marriage, over. She had taken much with her, and everything was still being settled. But he supposed there was nothing to be done about that, now.
All he could do was his job, which right now meant listening to the man that had called this hearing.

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
[member="Dallen Thayne"]
[member="Conner Tarven"]
[member="Ayumi Pallopides"]

Carida System
New Valor Station, Carida High Orbit
1301 Galactic Standard Time

I happened to be home.
I was unfortunately tied over with domestic affairs so Chazwa and the physical halls of the Senate would for now be gazed through upon holographic means.

"Ah, well Mr. President your proposal is quite good for the stability of the system. You will have to meet grand daughter very soon, ya? I had hoped to find a suitable husband and at long last a Caridan brother such as yourself seems most fitting!"
Petrov Kurganova was a cunning man.
I gazed at his hologram with a smile that would have won the solar award for best acting.
For the last few weeks I had begun to suspect more and more that the Kurganova's, the oligarchical merchant family that ruled over the Nova Sierra moons with a clenched fist, had played a heavy hand in manipulating the events leading up to recent civil war in the Carida System.

Follow the money. I had learned that little trick early on both at university and while acting as diplomatic intelligence agent for the Imperial Remnant in my junior officer days. Thanks to that I had tracked a lot of the old accounting now with enough holes in the data to prevent pinning down the profiteers.
The Kurganova's lack of participation in the armed conflict further added to my suspicion.
Still though they controlled the Tibanna gas harvesting which was a huge flow of revenue to boost our economy.

Progress and oath's that I sworn along with a final order from a now abdicated monarch held back my temptation to bring the Herald of Retribution over to Petrov's little moon and blast his palace into pieces.
The Oligarch unfortunately would remain and part of my power brokering in Carida to continue to ensure peace was to marry one their eligible bacherolettes.
Political marriage.
I vainly and shallowly hoped that was a beautiful lady...

The Republic's Communication network pinged my desk.
"My apologies, Petrov, it seems I have business with the Galactic Republic at this time"
"Of course Caius, time to put on the Senator hat, neh!" The man jibed before ending the holocall.

I tossed my stylus at the dissolving image of Petrov's head.
A sigh escaped my lips and I got up to retrieve the object.
I rounded my desk to sit down and looked over the network message.
Apparently the full Senate had been called for a session by a non-senator.

I thought back to the Netalon who also had brought a case before a full senate session.
It seemed these days just about anyone was just waltzing into Chazwa's senate chamber and bothering everyone with random affairs.
Celestials, I was still waiting for the Supereme Chancellor [member="Jack Sparrow"] to call the Senate for a serious matter followed by one revolving around booze... Laissez faire though seemed to be his methodology to executive action...

I accepted the call and then materialized in the Senate chamber at Chazwa and looked around to get orientated to the situation.
I peered down from the fourth level at the man who had come before us then my gaze flicked to whomever else deemed to show up.
Often times some senators would be unable to make it in person or even answer their senatorial calls.
Typically tied up in domestic affairs with their respective constituency.
It seemed my other colleagues Senator [member="Ayumi Pallopides"] and Senator [member="Conner Tarven"] were here as well.
In all honesty I haven't met Tarven and recently came to find out that Taanab had recalled their former representative whose name I could not for the like of me remember, but no matter.
Ayumi Pallopides though I recognized and very much recalled fighting alongside her back at Kad V in what felt like a life time ago.
I realized that neither had called to motion to initiate the session.
In the old republic that role was typically made by the Vice Chair of Senate.
Today though the matters of procedure seemed to be fairly lax or unclear.
I decided to speak for the record
"The Senate is now in Session on a hearing that requires the congress to respond in full if possible, note the time stamp for the Senate to now be in session at 1305"

Nick Sept

Worst Ghost in the Galaxy
The Senator from Cartao stood at his desk, nodded politely to an aide, and sat down, wincing a little. His leg was acting up. Probably from sleeping on the shuttle back from Alderaan after spending the evening with Faith and Draco and the others. A good group, but frankly, exhausting. While he wasn't a military man anymore, like any Senator, when a military commander requested to be put on the schedule, it couldn't hurt to attend. Besides, his commitment to transparency meant that some things should be seen to personally, and military affairs was one of them. So he sat at the desk and waited. Wahtever this fellow wanted, it would be interesting, to say the least.

[member="Caius Flavian"] [member="Conner Tarven"] [member="Ayumi Pallopides"] [member="Dallen Thayne"]

Temporary Government Offices
Azure

The doors slid open as he entered his makeshift office. Though temporary, it was quite comfortable. Gael had been working on establishing a more consolidated government, one that was up to par with most other Republic systems. Azure was of great strategic importance, but lacked in other realms. Being a largely oceanic world, it was an uphill battle establishing a more urban presence on the planet.

Sitting at his desk, he swiveled his chair to face his desk. He opened his folder that he so much appreciated and examined his agenda. Another meeting of the Galactic Senate had been requested by one [member="Dallen Thayne"], a captain with the Galactic Republic's Navy. Gael arched his eyebrows, curious as to how and why the Senate came to grant a lower ranking officer the attention of the entirety of the Republic's legislative body. Gael grunted passively. Apparently chain of command was not a concept that this captain truly grasped.

He patched himself in and awaited whatever awaited him. He already noticed fellow senators [member="Nick Sept"], [member="Caius Flavian"], [member="Ayumi Pallopides"], and a new face, [member="Conner Tarven"] , the new Senator from Taanab. He once again arched his eyebrows, trying to recall ever hearing of the system's induction to the Galactic Republic, or whether or not he's even heard of the system. Nonetheless, Taanab is not what the military officer looked to speak of. A military man himself, he looked sternly at the man who would be speaking.

Faith was no longer a Senator but as Minister of Intelligence she still listened to many of the discussions and sent her notes forward to [member="Jack Sparrow"] and [member="Willam Forlon"] if necessary.

As Ambassador from Alderaan she listened intently to the matters affecting the Republic, that might drift near Alderaan or affect it.

Martika Varta

Senator, Umbara; Committee on Civics & Infrastruct
Martika looked over the Senate schedule once more as Senator Flavian called the session to order and roll call began. He glanced sideward at his aide, a woman who's name continued to elude him despite her having worked under him for the last several months. They never spoke of anything but Senate matters, names weren't of particular import. Once roll call was completed several minutes later, Martika stood and pushed the Assembly into motion.
"To our own esteemed Commander Dallen Thayne, of the One-Hundred and Second Task Force, Republic Navy, you have requested the attentions of the Senate," Martika declared from his own podium. "And of course the Senate has answered. We welcome you." Martika's demeanor was calm, almost pleasant, as was his habit. He waved a pale hand beckoningly. "Please, do come forth and introduce yourself to the Assembly, and share with us what it is you have prepared."

[member=Dallen Thayne] | [member=Ayumi Pallopides] | [member=Conner Tarven] | [member=Caius Flavian] | [member=Nick Sept] | [member=Gael bar Ammon] | [member=Faith Organa]

Alexander tugged at his collar as he looked on at the man who stood before them. He couldn't help it but simply feel trapped in the suit after it had been a good while since he was back infront of so many others and for once his hair even reflected that. Be it as it was he smiled and waited as they had already addressed the man enough that there was no reason for Alexander to say anything much less rant on.

The man made him curious though. It wasn't odd for people to ask the attention of the senate but to hear from a member of the Republic Navy on such short notice was different from their normal stiff approach on time tables that Alexander was all too used to. If it was one thing an Echani was taught, it was war and the way an officer should act, and this was to him all to unusual to find someone here on such short notice. It made him all the more curious.

[member="Alexander Sannes"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Conner Tarven"] [member="Nick Sept"] [member="Gael bar Ammon"] [member="Geral Varta"] [member="Ayumi Pallopides"] [member="Caius Flavian"] [member="Suravi Teigra"] [member="Khyros Sunblade"] [member="Jack Sparrow"]

Stepping into the repulsorpod as he was called forth, Dallen kept his face forward as he glanced around with the edges of his eyes over the masses within the Senate Chamber, the delegates of the worlds that rested within the Republic gathered together. The only depressing notice was the fact that many repulsorpods appeared empty, a sign of the Republic's faltering position in the galaxy since the One Sith rose from their ashes nearly a decade ago. Yet they had not given up, not even after the event that made so many disappear for a time.

However, with the Sith attempting to even destabilize their efforts to diplomatically bring new worlds into the fold the Republic Commander couldn't help but feel the pressure had been against the Republic for too long. With such in mind, Dallen felt it necessary to bring forward what he had been mulling over for a while. Thus without needing anymore introduction the Republic Officer bowed before the Senate as his repulsorpod came to a halt, turning slowly as he stood back up so that he could address the gathered representatives in their entirety as he spoke.

"People of the Senate, Representatives of the Galactic Republic. It is my distinguished honor to stand before you all today to make a request of you all in the hopes of bettering the Republic." His eyes flashing beneath his glasses, Dallen carefully timed his motions as he gave his speech so that it did not appear he was looking to any specific section of the senate. "It is well known the SIth have been eager for the Republic's destruction for many years now. The latest tragedy of their attacks on Denon, where our representatives were attempting the peaceful negotiation of its people entering into Republic protection, and Togoria, a world whose people do not actively seek out conflict, are only the most recent example of their desire to rule the galaxy by fear."

Now was the time to make the actual request, and apologize for his own shortcomings in understanding the political channels. "I must deeply apologize if what I have come to ask then, was something that could have been satisfied by merely meeting with a committee. . . .however, it was my belief that to ask for something on the scale of which I come to request it would be better for the whole of the Senate, for a majority of those who represent the people of the Republic, to determine if my request is in the best interests of this great government of the people." Pausing to let his words sink in, Dallen reached up to appear as though a smudge on his glasses were what bothered him into holding his tongue for a moment, wiping them off in short manner before replacing them on his face and returning his gaze to the senate. "My request is that the acquisition of stronger, better, and mass producible blaster rifles, vibroblades, and starfighters be made available to the Republic Military. That we increase production of our best armors and war machines. Because ultimately, my request is that we wage war against the Sith. For permission to lead an expanded Task Force into the neutral territories between the Sith and the Republic and drive them out of whatever systems they are to be found in. To wipe out their fortifications on worlds we discover them on and route them before they have the necessary time to enslave populations without the power to resist their encroachment. . . . . .again, I am sorry if such a request was necessary to bring to only those of the Military Committees. . . .but to seek permission to combat the Sith, and perhaps draw their ire, was something I believed the entirety of the Senate should weigh in upon. However! Should such an endeavor be successful the Republic can claim and show the galaxy the Sith do not have the power to cow all who stand against them! That their treachery and cruelty cannot stand! And that the Republic has the power to still exist and bring peace to those who wish it!"

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
Ayumi spared some looks and glances mostly to see the other senators there while taking in what the man was saying. it was not a bad idea though the real question was what did he want to make or get to be further produced for the soldiers. Every planet believed they had the best equipment and solution to the problem so what would they be able to do with it. Though she wasn't one for spending a lot of credits for them to develop several dozen armors for each unit or squad promising it to be the best. "Do you have designs already in mind? We have dozens of minds all claiming the best and more companies plying products to help. Spending credits to get all would be very dangerous in depleting what we have. I'd want to see something first at least design wise. We have the hardlight tech that can be worked with to provide early designs."

OOC: Italics denote Mando'a

What started as a genuine curiosity quickly turned into a sharp anger. The young captain made his case, a valid one at that. His pod motioned forward, a life size blue hologram of his image protruding from a projector at the front. While he would address the officer's concerns, he decided to first remind the Navy officer of his place.

"Captain.", Gael interjected prickly, his voice booming through the Senate chambers. "Are you familiar with the concept of chain of command? Then perhaps you might tell me why a junior-grade officer is not only circumnavigating the authority of his superior officers, but also that of the legislative process?" This primary point conveyed, he continued to press the officer. Gael's voice raised even further. Though he admired his boldness, Captain Thayne's mettle would truly be tested today, and Gael made sure he would be the one to do it. "Perhaps if you had gone through the proper channels, you might have known that the Senate is already actively taking steps to better equip the Republic's already well-equipped military."

Easing his tone and clearing his throat, he continued. "To be frank, this matter has been brought to the floor prematurely. The Senate is already working on asset acquisition. As far as a war with the One Sith goes, I am not confident that you are the best judge of our situation with the One Sith." Releasing Captain Thayne from his glare, Gael turned his head to look at his fellow senators. "I have fought many battles and participated in many campaigns. Though I may look old, I am every bit the verd - warrior - I was 30 years ago. A war with the One Sith is not something we authorize in baby steps. If we're not prepared to commit to a full scale war this instant, we should not poke the giant and give him more reason to commit more resources to our downfall."

Gael stopped to pause for a moment. In a normal tone now, Gael looked to the young naval officer and ushered him some advice. "He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight. Consult your superior officers. Watch them. Learn from them. Then you may see why it is too early."

His voice raised slightly once more, this time to address the Senate. "I suggest we table the business of a war with the One Sith. As for acquisitions, it is already being done and thus is moot. Any further discussion can be referred to the Appropriations Committee. Ret'urcye mhi.", ready to disconnect himself from the Senate meeting. The officer would most definitely entertain him, but convince him was something he would not do. Such a gross violation of both military and common courtesy sealed his fate. Nonetheless, he awaited the others' inputs, but continued to remain ready to disconnect.

[member="Ayumi Pallopides"] | [member="Dallen Thayne"] | [member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Conner Tarven"] | [member="Nick Sept"] | [member="Geral Varta"] | [member="Suravi Teigra"] | [member="Khyros Sunblade"] | [member="Jack Sparrow"] | [member="Caius Flavian"]

Caius Flavian

I had to admire the Captain.
It was bold and quite charismatic of him to come forward like this.
Certainly a rousing speech on the need to push for more action.
I had to laugh inwardly at my fellow colleague’s reaction to the Officer’s audacity and as a former military man myself I could understand the reaction.
Despite the breach in protocol I was impressed.
These were the kind of people we needed in our star fleet, hell in our military alone, it was no secret that Admiral’s Reshmar and Quee were retiring to the affairs of corporate and private sector interests.
While they still retained Reserve status and could be called upon when attacked the fact of the matter that this brash officer had put forward was for us to begin to strike back.
First though I felt the need to cool the waters as the hot blooded Mandolarian fury would likely escalate the matter.
A few of my staffers finally arrived into my repulsor pod, they were at Chazwa itself and manned my practically Spartan senatorial office at the capital their appearance were of the old Imperial uniforms but now with blue armbands and symbol of my house being the old imperial COG held inside a fist with the words Carida on a small scroll. The amount of detail just on the armbands alone was in stark contrast to the black Imperial uniforms the two staffers wore.

Point of order,” I waved to my right so that one my staffers could ping the chamber with a chime which acted as a sort of gavel “Senator Ammon if you would yield the floor" I nodded to my respected colleague. I did it out of courtesy, primarily cause I liked the old mando, but also it was best to not berate some one for breaching protocol and then do so yourself. Although annoying as it was for the full Senate to have been brought to Session it did mean we were in Session. Thus the archaic democratic rules that I so despised grated my soul with the irony that made me long for my old Imperial post at times.

Dreadful what my Empress Kista Fel had ordered of me and damn me for being so damnably loyal...

I awaited well reserved for my fellow Senator to yield.

[member="Ayumi Pallopides"] | [member="Dallen Thayne"] | [member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Conner Tarven"] | [member="Nick Sept"] | [member="Geral Varta"] | [member="Suravi Teigra"] | [member="Khyros Sunblade"] | [member="Jack Sparrow"] | [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Gael bar Ammon"]

Alexander's eyes followed the commander as the words left him. They were words that normally drew feelings of patriotism and pride, but those feelings were quickly dashed by those of Senator Ammon. Something was strange though as Alexander's eyes drew up from the Commander to the the Senator and he had to redouble to make sure he had heard it right. It almost sounded like Ammon was under the understanding that they were not at war with the Sith, and for a moment his brow rose higher that such a thing could come across a mind when the recent events and facts all pointed at such...

"I would also like to speak, after Senator Flavian..." His voice came through and sounded as he spoke, short and controlled without any hint of what it was that he had to bring up. Infact it seemed for a moment as he turned his eyes back on the commander that he was more interested in that man but inside he continued to think on the words of Senator Ammon. What exactly was the situation between the Republic and the One Sith in his mind, because as far as Alexander understood, the massive loss of life on both sides was not some simple border dispute but perhaps he too did not understand the definition of war.

It bugged him as he waited, watching the Commander, then Senator Flavian and waiting for the latter to speak. What was it that this man wanted to say he wondered, what was it that he would speak on and perhaps it was strange that these men saw a war as far different than the very thing that had been fought for years now with the Sith.

[member="Caius Flavian"] [member="Gael bar Ammon"] [member="Ayumi Pallopides"] [member="Dallen Thayne"] [member="Geral Varta"]

OOC: Italics denotes Mando'a

With a raised brow and addressed Senator Flavian on his point of order. "Allow me to be clearer.", he said with false calmness. He was proving to be testy here - maybe it was his Mandalorian blood, maybe it was something different altogether. "There is nothing to discuss. The Republic is actively engaged in acquisitions of arms and equipment for our military. We are actively defending against One Sith as well as other insurrectionists. We are not ready yet to engage in counteroffensive action. The fact that our esteemed guest is requesting better equipment while requesting permission to launch a military campaign forthwith is contradictory and goes to show that we need more time to prepare for offensive action." He peered over to the military officer and continued on. "And then we can continue this through the proper channels when the time is right. Gar shuk meh kyrayc..."

He waved to the Senator from Carida irritably. He admired the man and his general way of thinking, but the way he tried to silence him spurned the Mando. "Speak.", Gael yielded. He had a mind to motion to table the matters concerning the One Sith, but given that there were senators lining up to speak, it was clear it probably be seconded. New perspectives he always appreciated, but anything but agreement for Gael's warnings would be seen as discounting the veteran's experience and entertaining the possibility of self-destruction for the Republic through military action.

His hologram flickered as he waited to hear the inquiries of his colleagues.

Caius Flavian

Again I had to chuckle inwardly.
Thank you Senator Ammon,” I decided to simply not poke the mando, there were sayings about upsetting wookiees, the ones about mando’s were just about the same and often worse…

I turned to the Captain “I first would like to thank you for service thus far for the Republic and becoming an officer in our star fleet. While my esteemed colleague is quite correct in pointing out the disastrous breach of protocol here, but since we happen to be in session I feel both the Senator from Azure and the Captain here have made excellent points

I paused to sip upon some tea and looked to all my fellow Senators before continuing

We are in fact at war. The One Sith, Sith Empire, Sith whatever they wish to call themselves tomorrow or the next day are at war with us. Not just us but every other galactic power out there that does not align with the dark side of the force. The One Sith is not a giant that requires prodding to aggravate and assail us. They are innately opposed to our very existence and our way of life. It is for that reason that they would never recognize or formalize a genuine treaty of peace. Not this rabble of warlording dark siders who desire nothing more to commit atrocity after atrocity.”
I raised my voice slowly as I spoke and my hands were quite empathic stabbing down I poked my desk over and over as I used the word atrocity. I thought of Captain Zia my flag officer for the ISDIII Herald of Retribution. An intelligent and far better tactician than I.
She was a Zeltron who had fled the horrors unleashed by the One Sith on her world.
I looked to [member="Gael bar Ammon"] before looking back to the Captain.
My voice calmed and I continued.
“I agree with my Colleague Senator Ammon, this crisis is being addressed and even now we seek to improve our chances against this eternal foe. Let us not forget though that history has shown that the Sith only seek to crush and enslave us all into their sorcerous ways. Captain I appreciate your concerns having been brought before us, as stated look to your superiors, Supreme Commander Forlon shall guide you in these endeavors to fight and rest assured we shall be providing the much needed funds to fuel the war effort.”

I sipped my tea once more. I hoped that the Captain would get the hint although Gael had already bluntly put in better terms than I, essentially what the Captain was asking for was already taking place but it was up to the Supreme Commander to take the initiative. Perhaps the Supreme Commander has not done enough though, the old military saying that if your juniors no longer come to you for help then you've failed as a leader. I per chance was thinking to much into it though. Or maybe not?

Another sip once more from my grey steel travel mug and provided my remaining thoughts on this matter

We must all bear in mind that our Congress has held many before us in the last decade and many of them are no longer here with us. [member="Darion Blackstaff"] is our most recent fallen colleague who had been brutally assassinated by the Sith before we can begin talks with the Silver Sanctum Coalition! We are at war and it is being fought right now with aging equipment and weaponry, but our citizens such as the Captain here and ourselves still continue to rise and fight back against the tide of tyranny!” I looked to Senator [member="Alexander Sannes"] and then said

I yield the floor to the Senator of Eschan

All of this was somewhat Ironic for me to say. I was Caridan born but I hardly lived there in my youth, my family sought to become staunch nobilites and sought other humanocentric minded thinkers and so had left the system for luxury. So much for that though. No the irony was I had to power broker and bully my way into the political nightmare that was the Republic.
Likely making an ass of myself in doing so considering all that background, but again orders were orders and I had sworn an oath to my dying breath to carry them out. Even if it meant acting against my own principles and ideals… sometimes….

[member="Ayumi Pallopides"] | [member="Dallen Thayne"] | [member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Conner Tarven"] | [member="Nick Sept"] | [member="Geral Varta"] | [member="Suravi Teigra"] | [member="Khyros Sunblade"] | [member="Jack Sparrow"] | [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Gael bar Ammon"]

Alexander listened the words of the others and for a few moments he paused to look up at the ceiling far above them all while Flavian continued on. There was a great amount of what the man said that Alexander was already planning to cover yet one thing still worried him even if Flavian pointed it out. Did more people believe that the Republic were not at war and if they did, what did they see in the conflicts with the Republic.

"In the interest of not deviating the purpose of this assembly, i will not continue on with my main concern. Seeing as Senator Flavian pointed it out rather completely, we are at war and as such there is never a time when a edge should not be found as long as the weaponry stays within the range of what we can live with at the end of the day. As such the development and arming of the Republic Military is by far as important as it would be assumed."

"With that said though, and as Senator Flavian pointed out, you should approach the Supreme Commander about this Officer Thayne. The development of weapons for our war with the One Sith is being handled constantly and funded appropriately already." His hand came up and rubbed his eyes. It was a pain that Flavian had spoken first as he had already said most of what Alexander wanted to say and with a smile his hand left his face before ending his little speech.

"With all that said, this war with the One Sith will not end in our destruction. It has been years already in our war with them, and thousands, if not millions had died to their greed and cruelty. While it will not be easy, and while it may take longer yet and not a simple single victory. Have more faith Commander Thayne in that your men will not be without the arms they need. Contrary to popular belief, we are not going to fall to our knees any time soon and that is a belief i hope is shared among more people." His eyes returned to the senators and he bowed his head. "I now surrender the floor to whoever wishes to put in their word."

(OOC Note... Darn you Flavian for stealing my words)

In truth the response was not wholly unexpected. Though who it came from was the real irony Dallen saw. The Senators of Carida and Azure were militaristic men, one a former Imperial Commander and the other a Mandalorian. Yet, one would think the Imperial to be the one to be caught up over etiquette and protocol while the Mandalorian would rise at the bit for an opportunity to crush a foe under foot. However, it appeared as though Gael bar Ammon was the furious one. In fact the man seemed just short of calling his actions insubordination.

At the very least the Captain didn't think he needed to remind the senator that nothing he was doing was illegal. Not only that, but it was a tad presumptuous for the man to believe he had done no prior effort before making such a hasty action. While he had not gone to the Supreme Commander, Dallen was quite certain he had made sure to receive counsel from fellow officers and immediate superiors. The good Colonel would certainly get a glare for suggesting the decision for his campaign go to the Senate. They seem quite happy to inform me they give all decision making authority to the Supreme Commander. . . .I have no issue with such or the man himself. . . I just could not in right mind just ask one man to give me command of a battlegroup that might send good men to their deaths when they otherwise wouldn't.

Still, perhaps he should have withheld mention of armaments until after he had seen their reactions to just the idea of the campaign. Maybe the proceedings would have gone differently. They didn't seem too inclined to even hear him out on the details of the Task Force at all. He would have thought he would have gotten to say the objective of the Campaign before someone raised issue. For that he did find it hard to hold back a sigh while he listened to the Senator of Eshan reiterate the words of the others. I'll have to remember to note that Mandalorian tempers run quick in politics.

Perhaps other Senators had their own to say, but by this point the Republic Officer did not think a clear support would show through. "Then I would just wish to thank the Senate for taking the time to hear my request. . . .and to apologize if my words inferred a lack of appreciation for the Republic's current efforts and funds for the military. It was not my intention to suggest there is not enough support for soldiers. I was merely considering the acquisition of tools specifically for the Campaign I came seeking permission to conduct. . . . for the implication I believed the Republic did not care for its soldiers enough I again apologize. Unless other Senators wish for me to speak more I shall no longer take up your time."

Even if he did not believe they would change their minds in making the decision themselves, Dallen kept his posture straight and waited. Certainly between the doubt and the fact two senators for certain seemed to have made up their minds, he ought to depart now. And by all means if the others had nothing more for him he would leave without a word. However, if the remaining senators in attendance had words to say still it was not his place to rob them of their chance to speak or ask questions on the matter.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

Alexander smiled as he heard the man speak and for a few seconds he was silent before attempting to get his voice out once more. "Commander Thayne, i would enjoy an opportunity to further talk with you in private if at all possible before you leave the Senate building... assuming that none of my colleagues have anything else to say?" He turned his eyes towards his other senators and waited for them to speak now. It was a simple request and merely an interest into this man who stood before them today as it was regrettably the first time that he had heard about the Commander. Was his opinion deep rooted in the military and what more was this man not saying infront of the assembly before him. It was strange, but he needed to know what kind of man this commander was just as he did before in any situation that he had given thought on.

With the captain's closing statements, Gael took his leave and deactivated his transmission. The blue hologram in the Senate hall flickered and faded to disappear. Gael leaned back in his seat and reflected on what had just happened. Largely, he was correct in his assessment and he was pleased that his peers agreed, however much they sugarcoated it.

There was truth to the officer's words though. Gael yearned to take the fight to the One Sith and he was glad others shared that sentiment, especially someone who appeared as bright as their guest. Dallen Thayne would probe to be an invaluable asset in future Republic military affairs.

The time was not now, but it would come. The Republic would take the fight to the One Sith. The Republic would strike hard, strike swift, and strike deadly. The Republic would be victorious. That, he was sure of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom