Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Tall Order

If he had heard about this assignment from anyone else Tana would have probably laughed it off as a Joke, it seemed quite silly to have a young 21 year old Knight train some former Sith in their late twenties. It sounded like the plot of some comedy holo show, were a man goes to some school only to find their teacher as some young adult or even kid. Though such was not true, this was real and the Silver Jedi had asked him to take the lead in converting a former Sith to the light side.

Thankfully it was just that for know, the small amounts of information on this man being his ability to only perform telekinesis with the force. Other then that the man was apparently quite the skilled blades-man using his prowess in such a field to overcome his disability with the force, or so it would seem. Only time would tell Tana waiting patiently in one of the many training halls that dotted the Silver Jedi temple for the rehabilitating Sith. Tana donned in a classic Jedi robe, his personal blades and saber handing from his belt.

'Just remember how master and mother taught you, this shouldn't be too hard, I hope'. Even if this man did not end up becoming his first proper student it was still a little nerve racking. This would be the first time he had taught another person in any capacity, and a rather unique one at that. He could not afford to fail least not become a senior knight and be appointed a proper Padawan. 'Should be simple, pass on the Jedi code, our values, how to keep calm and a level head along with certain skills to stay that way, I've got this'.

@[SIZE=medium]Gorteko Graye[/SIZE]

So he'd finally been assigned a master. Gorteko spent no time wondering what this person would be like,as he would find out soon enough. He hadn't had a master for some time now, other than the Jedi who found him on Tatooine and had saved the man from himself. She thought him some things about being a Jedi, and about using the light side, but he hadn't seen her for some time now. As Gorteko explored the halls of the temple he came to the realization that he had never gone about the temple before, and he hoped that he could find the right room.

Eventually he did, or at least thought he did. Gorteko knocked and waited a moment before entering. The person in the room looked rather feminine, and he was pretty sure his trainer was to be a man. "Hello, I'm looking for a, Tanasuki Yumi. I thought this was the right room, but I could be wrong, I apologize if I'm interrupting something." Gorteko scratched at his side after speaking; he was wearing the traditional robes that were offered to him, but he wasn't used to them yet and didn't find them as comforatable as his normal attire. Come to think of it, the man knew nothing about this new master he'd been assigned to, let alone how they looked. He wondered briefly what he was to learn here, or if this was more of a formality or simply a way to incorporate him into the order. Surely his questions would be answered with time.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Tana could sense and smell a new arrival long before they got to the door, funnily enough his presence wasn't as dark as he thought it would be. Then again his own sister used to be a Sith and she had taken a 180, almost. Perhaps it was just odd to see that in someone from outside the family, but at least it made his job easier. He stood up and faced the door awaiting the new 'student' if he could call it that, soon the young Jedi eyes falling upon the dark grey skinned human.

Very former Sith like, was that his actual skin color? or was it the side effects of using the dark side? Question for later first things first was clearing up the possible confusion. It didn't take a force user to not the uncertainly in the mans voice as he talked, seemed they knew just as little about each other. "Now you are not mistaken", he quickly replied, giving a short Atrisian bow to the man, "I am indeed Tanasuki Yumi Jedi Knight, I assume that you are [member="Gorteko Graye"], if so I am your newly assigned instructor, or master, I have no real preference, it's nice to make your acquaintance". A small welcoming smile left the boys face as he gestured for the man to enter.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

"If you have no preference, then I shall call you Master. And I am Gorteko Graye, it is a pleasure to meet you as well." It seemed strange that he would have a formal master, he wasn't sure of the purpose of their arrangement yet; moreover why these two were paired, but surely there was a reason for everything. Gorteko entered the room, but didn't not know how far or close to be, or if there was some tradition with these training rooms that he would be expected to know like where to stand or seat himself. This was all very new to him, but at the very least the Jedi were more courteous than the Sith he had dealt with were.

The man stood the comfortable distance of a few feet away from his young Master; trying not to be too close or too far, as he knew little of Jedi customs, or the conventions of how a student of any form should act. Not wanting to speak out of turn, or if he was allowed to speak Gorteko awaited his new Masters next words. He thought on how the man before him was a Jedi Knight. He wondered if this arrangement was a test for them both, not knowing why he, as a former sith, and enemy of the Jedi and the Republic, would be entrusted to someone who was not of Master rank. Again, everything was surely happening for a reason, and he would most likely find out eventually.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Master, certainly a title he'd need to get used to, who knew, perhaps in a few hundred years, heck even a few decades such a title would be coming for him. "Well you are certainly quite the polite person, I have a feeling we will get along well", through it all he had to resist making some sort of joke about his name which the Sith pronounced rather well, for now anyways.

Well time was wasting, may as well start off the lesson, well more a skill check, he needed to gauge were in his training this Sith was in terms of the force. Which, is his file was anything to go by not the most advanced, he was certainly an interesting case. "Let us start on what you know about the froce and, in what limited capacity you have, control it, indulge me your skills with it". With a small smile Tana stood off to the side, giving his student room to do what ever he needed to do.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Gorteko still didn't feel comfortable in the midst of the Jedi, in a temple he didn't fully know yet. Not that he expected to be attacked or any such thing,he simply had anxiety about being so deep into what was unknown to him. As such the former Sith was already equipped with his six weapons, that familiarity would provide all the comfort he needed to see his time in the unknown through. He had been asked to display his ability, though not entirely sure what his master sought from a display, Gorteko still decided to show what he could do.

"I will do my best to show you what I am capable of, Master." Gorteko would say before taking a couple of steps away from [member="Tanaski Yumi"] and looking about the room. He saw what looked like training targets, those would be sufficient to showcase his ability. Extending his left arm, he began to channel the force; lifting one of the targets and holding it up in the air. Out of his robes, one by one, his four blasters lifted into the air above his head. "In the heat of battle four objects is the limit to my ability, but in training where I can focus solely on what I'm moving, I can mange seven objects." He couldn't move his last two weapons while he was talking, but once he finished, he used the force to move his two light sabers into each of his hands.It wouldn't have been hard to notice that everything got a bit shaky when he was holding all seven objects, but once he was holding his sabers, the blasters and target stabilized.

Gorteko entered into a defensive stance, as that was his usual way of fighting, and then ignited his weapons. The red glow of a common Sith weapon emitted from both of his sabers, he still hadn't had them swapped out, and wasn't sure if he wanted to; he'd had these weapons for so long, it was hard to imagine trading them out. But now wasn't the time to be thinking of such things, he needed to show his ability. Gorteko would fire one shot from each of his blasters in rapid succession, all hitting the target within it's bounds, but no pattern to the shots, he was out of practice. The next thing the padawan would do would be to throw both of his sabers. As he did, two of the blasters fell, and he caught one in each hand, this would keep the same number of objects under his control with the force. The sabers flew spinning through the air towards the target, hitting it and cutting it into uneven thirds. The sabers began to fly back towards their controller and just before catching them, he would toss the two blaster back up into the air returning himself to his original position. Gorteko deactivated his sabers and let the target fall to the ground, but left his blasters in the air above his head. "I hope this display helped you understand my limits and abilities."

His eyes scanned the man as he went about showcasing his limited telekinesis, using it in an interesting way. It was already said that force users if they put their mind to it would be among the best marksmen in the galaxy, and Gorteko seemed to be doing just that. He didn't blame him, such a lack of force powers did mean he had to be more creative, it actually gave himself a few ideas for future techniques. If he remembered their was a saber style that focused on using the force to hold the saber while keeping for hands free, seemed his new student was going in that direction, but with blaster added to the combo.

He continued to watch on in interest and the former Sith rapidly assaulted the target, it was certainly a good way to handle a tricky one on one situation, it was clear the man had skill and had refined his limited powers to make the most out of it. It was deserving of a small applause, Tana pushing away from the wall and walking back over to his student with a sly smile. "That was a nice display, you have a good understanding of Telekinesis, there is a possibility for me to teach your pyro and cyro kenisis since they reply on that basic sill and just involve molecule manipulation". "Other than that I would also like to see your skill with a blade in close range combat not just how you can throw them, would you be up for a little bit of sparing"?

It wasn't always required of a Jedi to learn this, he knew of a few Jedi that were not the best dulist, but this was something very close to him as a Jin, he also got the feeling Gorteko was more then happy to have a go with blade skills. "After wards I think we can then start on meditation, though I personally do not mind your dark aura will need some adjusting". Not everyone here was as use to being in Sith and Dark Jedi company as he way, due to family circumstances.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

"If you believe it is possible for me to learn such things, I am more than willing to try, Master." Gorteko said in response to the notion of learning new ways of using the force. The idea was intriguing, he'd never considered using his force manipulation on such a scale to create effects like that. It was becoming very apparent that he had much to learn from this person. Then he was asked to spar, for the sake of seeing his skill in melee combat. While he had been trained to kill Jedi, his technique was to create openings for his blasters to kill his opponent. Perhaps he should demonstrate this by showing his skill in defending himself.

"If I may, I ask that you make the first move, Master. My blades are primarily used to protect me while my other weapons end my battles." The man said while walking over to a table and disarming himself; Gorteko then picked up two training sabers, giving them each a twirl to get used to their weight. He then walked back the middle of the room, "It seems I have a long ways to go if you can still sense darkness from my former connection to the dark side of the force. I hope some day I'll be able to eliminate that aura." Gorteko then assumed his stance.His left foot was forward,and the blade in his left hand was held out in front of him, parallel to the floor. The weapon in his right hand was held upright at his side with a slight tilt towards his sparring partner. Normally his weapons would be further apart to better protect himself from all sides, but here he had only one opponent so that would be where all of his attention would go.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

"We won't know unless we try, but I am confident you could get the hang of most Telekinetic based force power, it may just be a matter of time and persistence, as my old master and mother would say, patience is key". Time time any skill, if possible could be mastered... though in his almost immortal state as a vampire such was far easier for them then the man that stood to his front, not that is would faze his teaching in any way. As he prepared for the spar, getting some duel blades ready but turned around at the students interesting request. "Interesting play style, I'd like to see this in action, very well use your regular style".

It was always worth investigating other combat forms least you meet them on the battlefield and not know how to counteract such movements, this would be just as valuable learning experience as his Padawan. "Your dark side lingering is of no problem, if you need solidarity in that feeling my sister would be a good person to talk with, she had, kind of been in your situation". "Hell I was an assassin for organised crime before joining the Jedi, don't think you are alone with your past". He gave Gorteko a cocky smile, getting his saber resistant blades out and ready for the spar.

He kept distance, awaiting both parties to prepare, Tana gauging the stance of his student, it was certainly something new, a small amount of excitement rising from his chest from the though of experiencing a new fighting style. It seemed like he was making a solid one way defense against him, interesting, but not unbeatable, within a few more second Tana began the duel, throwing one of his blades in an arc around his student, using the force to pull it back, but at the same time rushing a jab at the mans center to try and force a block. Perhaps a cheap move, but he was an assassin by nature and job, and on the battlefield one can not expect the enemy to always fight fair.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Perhaps more thought went into the pairing of these two as master and apprentice than either of them had expected. The Master having been an assassin for organized crime, and the Padawan who was a mercenary for the Hutt Cartel for some time, and with his Masters close experience with former dark side users, he could be one of the best suited Jedi to train the former Sith. Even their fighting styles seemed compatible, the move his current master was using, was one of the first he had learned from his first Sith master.

Gorteko shifted his weight onto his right leg and began to pivot, turning to his right. While doing this, he flipped the saber in his left hand to a reverse grip, so that he would have more leverage to deflect the jab from his opponent. The Padawan would spin the blade quickly, connecting with the side of the blade being thrust towards him, in an attempt to redirect the attack upward so that it wouldn't hit him. While doing this, he swung the blade in his right hand downward to deflect the other saber that was behind him before he spun. This would normally be the moment he would use to fire upon his opponent, while they were less guarded due to their own attacks, but this was a test of his skills with a blade, so he would need to find a different counterattack than what he was used to.

Gorteko then continued to rotate himself, shifting his weight to his left leg and pivoting again. Flipping the saber in his left hand back to a normal grip, he would swing both blades at his master in horizontal slashes. This would be the next point in which he would normally fire upon his opponent, when they choose to either block or dodge his sabers. And while this was still a test of his skill with blades, it didn't hurt to have the mental practice of finding opportunities to attack the way he normally would. "Master, this may just be a test, but you shouldn't take it easy on me." Gorteko still wasn't sure how formal he needed to be when addressing his master, but he felt underestimated and needed to say something.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Tana expected some sort of counter, the batting of his blade to the side being the optimal response for a short thrust. It was not overly strong as to have a huge follow through and leave oneself open for an attack, but it held just enough power to make Tana miss his mark. Still it was not a move that could not be countered, as the blades collided he let the momentum moving him around, Tana putting a spin to the parry, making him quickly spin around, bringing his blades up in time to block the incoming duel swing from his student, the weapons clashing together.

"Interesting", with another cocky smile he pushed with his feet, leaping over the clashed blades but keeping his own pressed up against Gorteko's the whole time, using the force to call his other blade into hand before pulling away from the clash. With that small bout Tana could see the skill of his student was not to gawk at, knowing full well that if he really was in a combat situation those blasters would have done work. The again if the two were going all out Tana would have used his own force powers to counter his levitating weapons.

Getting his footing once more Tana launched into another attack, taking it slow before winding up his right arm, swinging his blade from left to right with power behind it while sending another short jab underneath with his left, once again trying to focus their attention on one attack while sending another in.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

His master was a lot stronger than he looked. Even though it was a simple attack, to be able to block it in that situation was impressive. Though Gorteko expected such things from the Jedi assigned to train him; if his master wasn't more powerful than he was, he probably wouldn't have been assigned to train a former Sith. The padawan hadn't fought, or dueled, or trained in combat with someone in a long time now; on top of that he had rarely seen someone who used two weapons like he did. Which is why he was unable to dodge the entirety of the attack sent towards him.

When Tanaski launched his next attack, Gorteko threw the weapon in his left hand into the air, and then stepped into the attack, wielding his other weapon with both hands to block the slash. Using the force, the padawan positioned his blade that was in the air so that it would fall point down onto his opponents right shoulder. He intended to keep his master locked in place until his attack would land, but he didn't see the second attack coming. Most force users could sense danger coming their way, but with Gorteko's limited access to the force, his sensory ability could do little more than point out powerful force users nearby. As such his masters attack struck true and Gorteko collapsed to a knee. While he had lost the match, that wouldn't stop his attack, and the blade still fell, plummeting toward his master.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Tana's thrust would be softer then usual just in case his student didn't pick up on it in time. Hidden attacks and feints were his specialty as a fighter, using speed and ataru like style to keep the enemy guessing on what attacks were the actual killer blows. It appeared aw though Gorteko was unused to such fighting, that was definitely something they could work on in the future, as a Jedi now taking on Sith and possible assassin was a risk and knowing how some of them fought would be imperative. Tana stowed his blades away, very casually leaning to the side, letting the falling blade move past him, though grasping the weapons hilt before it touched the ground, that would just damage the point, such a waste. The boy rotating it in hand before handing it back to the Padawan, "not a bad trick, but perhaps next time use the force to bring the blade down faster so I don't have time to react, even if I can sense it".

So far things had been productive, perhaps being assigned such a student had been made with more care then he originally thought, it was time to earn his rank as a Knight now, with training Gorteko to utilize his limited powers to the fullest.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Gorteko had to collect himself on the ground for a moment. He had not really fought for quite some time, but how long had it been since he'd been beaten, especially this handily? Even in real battle most of the fights he didn't win were draws. It seemed he would need a lot of training from here on out,and his first goal would be to become as strong a swordsman as his new master. After all, his blasters were little more than pointless if this is all it would take to kill him. "I see, I will try that next time." He said while standing back up and taking back the blade. "It looks like I have a long way to go with my blade work. But for now, where do we go from here?"

So far the padawan had only been demonstrating what he already is capable of, so he wasn't sure if they'd be doing more of that, or moving on to something else. He wondered if they'd go straight into training, or perhaps go over the Jedi code and what it means to be a Jedi. He also wondered what his purpose as a Jedi would be, he knew the Jedi had many different roles; but seeing as his time with the Sith was combat orientated, would he be a soldier for the Jedi? Certainly that's what he would be most used to, though would he even get to decide what he does? Gorteko really knew little of the Jedi and the ways they worked.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

The fight may have been a little one way, but one thing was for certain, Gorteko certainly had a few tricks up his sleeve, being a master to this student would be quite the interesting journey. For now, the sparing had given Tana a decent idea on were to start with his new student training, mainly being the refinement of their telekinesis abilities and duel wielding saber combat, perhaps he should arrange the man to go up against a few droids. "Tor the time being I think a short rest is in order, then some meditation to help align your aura with the light side, for someone with like you with limited force power gaining precise control over them is ideal".

"The dark side while a source of power is often unwieldy, clumsy, for your state not an ideal choice, or you may find your current way of fighting a hindrance, the light side of the force requires concentration, and though hard to attain when compared to the dark side giver you greater precision". It would also help when moving onto other kenisis power, like fire and ice and other environmental manipulation. Even with his limited power as long as Gorteko was able to fully master telekinesis down to the molecular level performing such powers would be much easier.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom