Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Tale of Two Cats

A day came when Ailuros was given what could colloquially be called shore leave and she wasn't about to miss the chance to get out. Taking her ship out, she took off to a nearby planet in the Silver territory and brought it in for landing.

Wondering through the streets, the color, smell and sound almost overwhelmed the cat. This was nothing like home and everything was so active and vibrant. Items, trinkets and foods interested the girl and she almost felt like a child exploring everything.

Her tail was up in the air and the tip waving back and forth as she walked. Her ears rotating in the directions of interesting sounds. The whiskers on her face twitching at the sensations in the air currents.

Stopping a moment to look around another sight caught her eye. A whole street was having some sort of festival. There was food and drink to go around and games to be played. Striking off in the direction of this, Ailuros' curiosity peaked.

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Breaks for Kat were near impossible. One would have to drag the girl kicking and screaming away from her many projects, she was one to believe that her work was never finished. Alas, she had been forced away from her latest projects, mostly working on new metals and compounds for her legs. Make them stronger or adding additional items to give her an edge in combat should that ever happen. Kat wandered through the town, her mood one of annoyance, there were already new ideas rolling through her mind and adjustments she desired to test.

However, she was left in this town. Looking around at the many sights and sounds, traders selling their wares, buyers haggling for deals. Nothing of great interest to her but she looked and showed the slightest of interests at times. Her social skills were something that were to be improved upon, but who needed social skills when you could work forever and a day. At least that was her argument, not that her mother appreciate it much when she was alive. During her wander, she bumped into the cat woman of SJO, a pilot and a pretty decent one.

Hey, I'm Kat, we met during that foundation help mission thing? Remember?

[member="Ailuros"]

Ailuros had paused to allow a family to pass when somebody bumped into her. In this crowd that wasn't surprising, who bumped into her was though.

Turning around and pulling her tail up so it was essentially against her back, Ailuros looked almost quizzically at Kat. She had provided transport down for humanitarian aid and Kat had helped her fix something in the engine of the shuttle that made for less turbulence in flight.

"Yes, Kat. I'm Ailuros. I'm not sure we ever exchanged names then. Are you on shore leave as well then?"

The cat not too familiar with customs wasn't sure if a shake was acceptable or not, but extended a paw in offer. Her claws were in and not seen.

"Heading into that festival over there? Oh."

For a moment, her ears slanted down, but perked up quickly.

"Do you like dancing? My people love it."

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Kat gave a smile, but when she mentioned shore leave as Kat gave a heavy sigh. Reminded that she was pulled away from her tinkering. Yeah I suppose I am on shore leave. However, watching the cat lady being twitching and enjoying the music that played in the background. It reminded Kat of music that her sister would dance to when they were younger, Kat herself was never much of a dancer. Her legs were never that graceful enough to allow her much more than an buffering mess of a dancer. It was perhaps something she could work on so she could dance when her sister married one day.

Dancing isn't in my nature, robot legs. However, you go ahead and enjoy yourself. I'll watch. Kat smiled warmly as she sat down on a chair and watched as people moved into the free space and danced among themselves. It use to be heartbreaking watching others do what she could not but now, now she could do what many others couldn't so it didn't bother her. Instead she lifted her cap off and rubbed her brow.

[member="Ailuros"]

Together the cat and Kat walked into the festival area. Kat said she was also on shore leave, but didn't dance because of her legs. Ailuros looked down not having paid attention to the fact before. Her ears and whiskers fell and she started coughing up a hairball. The feeling of embarrassment filled her and once the hairball came up, she looked at Kat.

"I'm sorry I didn't notice that before. There more than one way to dance though. Let me show you."

Allowing Kat to take a seat, Ailuros joined her at the table.

"Give me just a moment, I'll be right back, Kat."

The Trianni ran over to where a few musical instruments were sitting. They were free to borrow for a time, she just needed to provide something to come back for. Taking her belt off, she provided that to the vendor and ran back to the table. She had in her hands a drum and finger cymbals.

"Take your pick and I'll show you."

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Kat watched as Ailuros coughed up a hairball, the action at first made Kat concern before a lazy smirk crossed her lips. Kat shook her head as it didn't matter that the cat girl coughed up a hairball. She was sure that if she burped or farted that the girl would not care in comparison. Ailuros then told Kat to sit down and raced off, giving her belt to some merchant and returning with instruments. Kat gave a loud but friendly chuckle. She had never played instruments, too busy working on a ship.

Well, I'll take the drum but I've never played an instrument. Not really a style of my family, we were fighters and workers. Kat admitted as she took the drum and tapped it gently with her fingers, her other hand held the wood tightly and smiled to the cat. So, show us what you got then Ailuros! Kat cheered her on.

[member="Ailuros"]

Ailuros nodded and handed the drum to Kat. Looking at the odd way the woman held the drum, she shook her head. With a large smile, she would reach out, place the drum on the ground between Kat's legs and stepped back. With a quick nod, she placed the finger cymbals onto her fingertips.

"You don't actually need the drumstick. Now, watch my foot and beat the drum to the same tempo."

The Trianni started tapping her foot and when Kat would beat on the drum, she kept the same pace along with the other ranger. Once they had their rhythm down, the cat clapped the finger cymbals together to offset the beat of the drum. She started to sway a little and allowed the pace of the beats set by Kat to guide her movements. The hope was to get Kat involved and dancing in her chair, by allowing her control the pace of the song.

Her eyes were lit up, ears were erect and her tail moved with her body. Not long after the two of them started into their duet of instruments and dance, others gathered around them and brought in more music. A circle formed and soon hopefully Kat would realize she was the most important part of this act.

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom