Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Tale For Tea (Lady Kay + Theseus Reneun)

Theseus had been through an odd spurt of things.. Which left him standing at an awkward impass. Which quite frankly he hated.. Very much did he hate not knowing what next to do with himself. Though it had been a good set of years. Theseus had learned some bit about himself through meditation and some experiences. Travelling also aiding him in his quest for knowledge. Theseus had decided it was time to dig back into his past. No, not for that of his past mentor which he held a grudge against. Though he would never fully drop the quest, it was one he had decided to bench. Nope. Theseus decided it was time to turn to an old friend.

How many years had it been? Eight... Roughly. Theseus would guess. While he frowned some and shook his head. Way too long. His quest had taking him to the outer rim and back. While he was absent he found a hint of where to begin searching for new purpose. His knowledge quest though still a passion of his. Was not taking him down the road he needed to pursue.. At least not the way he was going at it.

Therefore, Theseus made sure to tidy up his robes the best he could. Pulling out his holo-comm. Then staring at it. Oddly enough why he had one of these was beside himself. Seeming he only had a single person he trusted enough to hold as a contact. Heck. With as much time that passed he doubted he even would be remembered by them. Though, he had to give it a good shot. He opened it up and transmitted live feed. Hoping the force would encourage his old friend to take the call.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
As always, Kay's calls were never missed. Her assistant Olivia was busy elsewhere in the Palace as the building itself was still under some reconstruction and repairs. So the Queen was sure to have all of her devices nearby.

She was cozied up in her office, going through some of the latest contracts for Chasin City, as well as the Red Cross Headquarters that was being built with the support of [member="Tobias Dracks"]. It wasn't uncommon for her to be interrupted, but what was uncommon was the individual reaching out.

Kay raised a brow slightly as she picked up her comm, activating it. There she saw the holo form of [member="Theseus Reneun"] , a man that she hadn't seen nor heard from in quite some time. "Theseus.
It's been some time. I hope that you are doing well."

"Hello, Lady Kay." Theseus responded. "Either that or do you go by Queen or Your Highness now?" Theseus mused on the prospect. He had heresays about what had occurred in Lady Kay's life. Though nothing more than gossip passed along from tradesmen. Theseus softly shook his head and folded his hands in front of himself. "Well.. Is a relative term. Depending on which aspect specifically you are calling upon regarding my well being. My answer varies. Physically I am as well as I ever am. Mentally I am still open to philosophical prospects. However, emotionally I am leaning towards frustrated, beyond my normal extent." Theseus replied to Lady Kay while he shook his head.

"Which is honestly the point of this call. I believe it is time we get together for tea time. Much to catch up with one another, and perhaps you can assist me with what is causing me some headaches as of lately." Theseus paused in his barrage of statements. "I am open in regards to the time and place. I have no intention on holding you from your official business. As, well as I hope you've found more peace than conflict. Though, again I am sure it is a discussion best held in person." He finished. While he waited to hear how [member="Lady Kay"] felt like responding.

Kay-Larr

"Lady Kay or Kay is just fine. There's no need for my friends to be formal with me." It felt like an age since she had seen [member="Theseus Reneun"] . The last time, if she could recall correctly, they were in the park.

She raised a brow as he pointed out that he was emotionally frustrated about something. Of course Kay was keen on discovering what that was, but the man wished to hold off on that for the time being. Such a request she wasn't going to deny.

"Well you know me, I never turn down an invitation for tea. I'm not sure of how far or how close you are to Commenor right now, but let's give it two standard days. Midday works for me. Then we can spend the afternoon to catch up." She paused for a moment, as though she was second guessing herself. "Yes, we'll have plenty to catch up on. Security is tighter here right now. I'll let them be aware of your impending arrival and you'll be able to pass through a little easier and with less scrutiny. Does that sound alright with you?"

Theseus thought. "Give me a moment." He set his communicator down and sought out a map. Then studied the charts. Before he returned to her. Nodding his head. "Two days is plausible. As for lowering the guard for my arrival. It is appreciated. I could respect a security scan, though if they dragged it out too long, or tried to rid me of my possessions. Someone might end up dead." Theseus said in a tone void of threat. He was not one to make threats. He just spoke truth from his perspective.

Theseus bowed softly to her through the holocommunicator. "Until our tea time. I bid you Fairwell, and may the force be with you." He finished and respectfully waited for her to end her side of the conversation. Before he shut his device off and placed it away into his pocket. Moving to the cock pit of the ship. "Set course for Commenor's space port. Our arrival is expected in two gallactic standard days. Do not be late and do not hesitate to seek my council to ensure we are not." Theseus calmly instructed to the pilot.

"Right, Sir. Where may the crewmen find you?" The pilot responded. While he set the new coordination based off the navigation computer. Theseus patted the man on the shoulder. "My quarters. Meditating." He replied as he let off a sigh. Then retreated to his area and began pacing side to side.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked. Most often people that weren't known were stripped of their weapons. But there were some cases where exceptions could be made. After the siege and occupation by the Sith, it was hard to tell who could be trusted attimes. Afterall, it was one oftheir own that had allowed the Sith to breach their defensive shields.

She bowed her head to him as their call came to a close. "Good journeys my friend. I'll see you soon." Kay ended the call and then made some notes to adjust her schedule. She was curious of course as to what would bring [member="Theseus Reneun"] to visit. What could be frustrating him so?

Guess she'd find out in a couple of days.

Two days easily came and gone. The roughest part was when Theseus unfortunately had to dispose of a crewman. Yes. Unfortunately, Theseus was not an individual workout a conscious in regards to his actions. The crewman had caused the pilot to second guess the coordinates. Starting to set the trajectory of the ship quite a short ways off course. Which cost time. Time was a valuable assest, so Theseus ran his blade through the man's heart. After a brief lecture to the crew of course... Which may or may not have resulted in a few injuries to others who should not be mentioned *cough* the pilot. *cough*

Though now that the ship had docked. Theseus had gathered the tea and his supplies. As well as blatantly ignored pleasantries of saying fairwell to anyone aboard the ship. Theseus was off towards the customs department. To undergo what would hopefully be a smooth processing. As if he re-called [member="Lady Kay"] had mentioned they should be expecting his arrival, and were hopefully well informed about his current dir isposition for strike first, apologize to the families later should he have to deal with much more of his time being taken from him.

Theseus was considerate enough to place his lightsabers out from their hidden sheaths in his sleeves, and attach them to his belt. Where a competent custom's guard should be able to notice them. While avoiding flashing them about to the whole of society. As he wanted it to act as a silent statement. He would not hide the fact he was armed, and dangerous. Though he wouldn't make a scene of it either. Hoping this would also relieve any concerns that he had nothing but well intent upon this world.

Kay-Larr

[member="Theseus Reneun"] was met with security officers that seemed to treat him no dofferent than the others. However once his ID was scanned, they didn't let their check of him go any further. Instead he was directed to a shuttle that took him straight to the Royal Palace.

Kay was notified as soon as her guest was in the shuttle so that when it would arrive, she'd be waiting right there. And of course she was. The Queen wore a billowing black skirt complemented with a coat accented with gold. A small crown decorated her head.

Her hands were folded in front of her as the shuttle came to a stop. Once Theseus disembarked, she gave a small smile and bow of her head. "Welcome back to Commenor. I hope the trip over went well?"

Theseus went out of his standards, and placed on a midnight blue, and ash grey hooded robe. With onyx black pants for their meeting. When he arrived he bowed to her in response. "You look as elegant as ever my old friend. The trip was indeed a well one, and it is enjoyable to be back amoung this world. Though it has seen many of changes I do note." He stated in a context limited to the shuttle transport. He'd consider his overall trip however as adequate. It fulfilled it's purpose, without much beyond that.

Theseus reached into his bellongings within his bag. Removing a bag of tea leaves. "As promised. Tea." Theseus stated and lended them over to the direction of [member="Lady Kay"]. In case a guard decided inclined to take them instead of the planet's leader. Well technical leader as of this point in time. If Theseus had his facts straight on the matter at hand. "Where shall we brew the cups and meet?" He inquired.

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded some. "Yes,
There have been some changes. But we'll discuss that later."
Oh yes, it was far better for her to discuss the occupation behind closed doors.

She took the tea bag and smiled. "Thank you very much.
I can't wait to taste the brew."
Tea was her addiction, of course. Most knew about that.

As [member="Theseus Reneun"] asked of where to go, Kay gestured for him to follow as she turned on her heel. "This way." For right now, she kept small talk to a minimum as she led her friend through the Palace to one of the small sitting rooms. There were comfy chairs and couches within, as well as a coffee table and side table. And of course there were items for making tea. "Do make yourself at home."

Kay headed straight for the side table and began preparing the tea. With her back towards him, she began to inquire about his purpose here. "So what has you so frustrated? What's on your mind?"

Theseus stayed within a respectable distance to his friend. While he followed her to the palace and through the halls. Observing how the place had changed since he was here eight years prior. Roughly. When [member="Lady Kay"] found them a comfortable room. In which to settle down. He headed to one of the chairs and took a seat. Waving his hand slowly as two clicks were heard as his lightsabers floated off his belt and set themselves onto the table. In reach should he need them in a flash. Though off of his person now that he was where the likely hood of having to use a weapon was minimal.

Plus, with as agitated as this conversation might make him. He didn't need the extra tools to wreck destruction, should his patience run thin. Theseus listened to the question, and heaved a sigh. While he looked to her. "My short reply. Till our tea is brewed. Is that eight years. Has a tendency to force a person to choose between following a path in circles, or maturing, and going beyond what they originally were so narrow sighted upon following. I have come to the realization. That my previous goals were more narrow sighted than what I care to admit. My quest for knowledge was nothing more than a hobby, and trying to right a past wrong... Nothing more than a self-righteous endeavor." Theseus began as he fiddled with his thumbs.

"Which leads me to the point. Of why I am truly upset. I have undergone... An unexpected spiritual journey, which has lead me to parts of the outer rim, for a large while. Even parts of unmarked territory. Part of this journey has forced me to acknowledge. That in order to grow. I need to set aside my personal vendettas. Begin to contribute to a cause that goes beyond myself. The only problem is.. I have tried that before, and failed a few times. Leaving me in a position. Where I am experiencing as close to a mid-life crisis as one can come to, at the age of twenty-eight. So, I've come hoping that perhaps at the very least. You could offer me guidance. You are about the only individual I know I am capable of trusting." Theseus expressed while he heaved a soft sigh.

Kay-Larr

Kay listened while [member="Theseus Reneun"] spoke, all the while she went through her near ritual of preparing tea. She had done it so often that each step was second nature.

After pouring the hot water into the cups, she gave the now drowned tea leaves a stir and then carried both cups to where Theseus sat. She handed him his and then sat across from him, tucking her feet underneath the chair as she cradled the cup in both of her hands.

"What sort of cause are you looking for? Right now we are rebuilding. For a year we were under Sith occupation and I was under house arrest. The liberation effort had left many buildings badly damaged, including this one." She paused for a momemt, allowing for one of her thoughts to sink in. "Before the Sith beat us during the siege, the planets in the Alliance broke from us. They didn't want my troubles to bleed over to them too. I can't blame them for that. But it still...hurts...to no longer have their support."

Theseus listened to what had occurred to Commenor. While he nodded along. "Well, I apologize for not being around to have offered my support. Commenor would be a sound cause for me to support. I have an ally in you at the very least, and I would like to help you rebuild. Though it will take some time to adjust to some of your possible merrits." He said and dipped his head a little. "I am not certain however, the outcome would of differed." He noted with a soft shrug. Before he contemplated. "No offense. Though, unless you need a demolition crew. I will try to avoid construction sites." He noted in a slight bit of a joking manner. Before he thought some more. "What is your current status of defense following the liberation from the Sith Empire?" Theseus noted. "I am sure the loss of your planetary allies and assets have set you back some?" He noted while he considered what she had said.

Theseus would not boast that he was a superb figure in the scheme of strategy and tactics. Though he had some experience in the matters, and he could lead men.. Even the less than willing subjects. Though he supposed [member="Lady Kay"] might draw a line if Theseus attempted to enslave a militia. Considering her anti-slavement positioning. Theseus if welcomed into the fold. Would have to do some further reforming. Though if it meant getting him on his feet and perhaps even on the right path. He would see to it that he did his best to adhere to any conditions his friend might have.

Kay-Larr

"No offence taken.
One man wouldn't of been enough to tip the scales with how much we were outmanned and outgunned."
And it was one of their own that had let the enemy in through the back door. Such was a betrayal that she would never forget, nor forgive.

Kay sipped her tea and then nodded in response to the question of defences that [member="Theseus Reneun"] had posed to her. "Funding has been reduced as far as defences go, but we've gotten some help. Most of our fleet was destroyed, but I hear that the rebuilding of it is just a few months from completion." She leaned back in her chair. "Our security is beefed up and once reconstruction is complete, we can position more shield generators to protect high value target areas. The shields had worked perfectly during the siege. They kept many buildings from being destroyed.
Munto City however...."
Kay left that sentence hanging. Munto City was destroyed in a second by a single orbital strike from a Super Star Destroyer. Over 8 million lives were lost in that moment.

She had blamed herself for that tragedy ever since.

Theseus studied [member="Lady Kay"]. When she came to her final point. "I see." Theseus said solemnly. He had enough of a intuition about what had occurred, by both how she stated. However... And could not complete her statement. "That is most unfortunate. I do not value all life as extremely as you do, though I do harbor empathy towards it, your beliefs, and towards your cause. I am certain you tried all you could do." He noted in an effort to try his best to be supportive. While he stirred his tea with his finger. Then took a sip of it. "It is very well brewed."

Though then an idea began to form. He needed to mature.. Honestly now that he thought about it. His friend did value life... To an extremist level, and that was a good thing. Though meanwhile he personally valued things like time and knowledge over all else. He needed something to help him see a new perspective. Then he thought about the destroyed city.

"I am not a superb leader. As well as I do not request this lightly. Though with your blessing. I would like to request. Permission to establish a military and research compound where the city once stood. Provided you have not decided to rebuild it of course... Though even if you plan to rebuild it. I am sure I could find a way to aid in the effort to ensure such a tragedy... Is more easily avoided. As for the military base and compound. I would be willing to put forth all my time and attention to gathering personel, providing training, and when capable. Try to make the establishment self sustaining in regards to resources." Theseus expressed to her while he watched her.

He was taking a gamble requesting such a thing. Though his intentions. Allbeit holding his own agenda. Also had altruistic measure. He would honor that he would be operating under the Commenor government. He would learn to harbor their values as a priority, and while acting on behalf of Commenor act within the most honorable of his ability. Then finally.. Theseus wondered if taking the time to start a compound from scratch.. Train the men under him up and establish himself as a military leader, and research advisor. That perhaps he might find as deep a level of value in life that his friend held. Then perhaps from that find himself as a better person.

Kay-Larr

Kay wasn't so sure if she had made the right decisions during and even before the siege. She'd replay the events in her mind at night over and over again, as if doing so could somehow change things. But of course it never did. All that she could do was try to learn from it all.

She sipped her tea, listening as [member="Theseus Reneun"] gave out his proposal. It was a good one, but the location itself was not the right one. Moreso due to timing. [member="Baron Morcus"] was already in control of the lands near the Dead Scar where Munto City once was. "The rebuilding and defences of that nation is already well under way.
An old Imperial Baron is leading that charge. I believe that he had renamed it Tarkin City."

Kay tilted her head to the side a bit in thought. "I think that...given your current state...I'd like to have you near. This way I can be of better help to you. To occupy your time, you could help with the defences of the Palace, as well as the training of our new security recruits. Is that something that you'd accept?"

Theseus listened to her and watched. A soft sigh escaped his lips when she expressed the territory had already been marked with a claim. "I understand." Theseus respectfully replied supressing the disappointment that came with the revelation, as best that he could. Though when [member="Lady Kay"] continued with her counter proposal of how Theseus might aid her cause. He leaned back and took another long and slow sip of his tea.

Theseus bowed his head softly. "If that is how you desire me to aid your effort. Then that is how I shall do so. Is there any individual(s) whom I would be either working under, or in collaboration with. Either that or whom you would encourage me to reach out to for aid? While on this assignment? Aside from yourself of course." Theseus inquired as he wanted to help to the fullest of his abilities.

He wondered if in time she would be open to him establishing a research and military base, when she held the confidence that he could handle the task, and a location for him to do so. Though, by all means he figured getting the Palace's security up to the highest standards he could manage. Would be a note worthy task for him to pursue as a start within the alliance. As well as he acknowledged her wisdom. He would appreciate her resources and guidance being not too far from his reach, until he was more grounded.

Kay-Larr

With the sigh that [member="Theseus Reneun"] gave, Kay knew that he was disappointed. But how could she give him any other offer? The man was going through some issues and those would need to be sorted first before he could be given any land of his own to repurpose for military use.

"You can speak with [member="Einon"] . He is my head of security and has been for a long time." Einon had his own way of doing things, and he tended to take the security breeches as personal failures. BUT he knew the kind of person that Kay was, not to mention that she was a magnet for trouble.

"I'll also be setting up my slave rescue missions again, both in Hutt space and beyond. It'll be more than just hitting the slave camps. We'll be ambushing the slave raids as well. You could help me co-ordinate some of the strategies if you'd like." She sipped her tea. Hopefully no one would try to stop her from these endeavours, but she needed to try to make things better for others, without flying another government's banner.

Theseus softly smiled when [member="Lady Kay"] mentioned her desire to re-ignite liberation missions. "Still on the hunt for galactic equality?" He spoke softly and smiled. "Perhaps, I will offer aid in them down the line. First let me see how I handle training your palace's security recruits, and if I can get the defenses up to shape." Theseus spoke in a slightly more chipper of a mood. He did at the core of things. Acknowledge how much she was doing for him already, and he was grateful for it in the long run.

Theseus did have things he needed to sort through. Mostly personal problems at this state. He needed to be certain Commenor was the right fit for him. That taking this path was indeed the one, he was needing in order to benefit himself. Theseus went to take another sip of his tea. Then looked to the cup and blinked. "Well... No more tea for me, it does seem." He stated. He guessed it made sense. They had been chatting for a good bit.

"Where would you like me to move my bellongings too, during my time. Helping out the palace?" Theseus inquired. While he already had intentions. Of contacting @Eionan, if he was the head of security. It was inevitable that they would run paths. Theseus figured before he went about training recruits for security. It was probably wise he spoke with the head of security.

Kay-Larr

Well at least [member="Theseus Reneun"] was feeling better. Whether or not this was going to help him gain what he sought, she wasn't sure. But it was certainly something.

She finished her tea and got to her feet, seeing that things were about to get started. He needed to get settled in first. "You'll have your own quarters here. Allow me to show you." Kay gestured for him to follow her as she led him out of the meeting room to the hallway. "You'll have to mind the reconstruction. But it'll be over with soon enough. [member="Einon"] will give you a tour when he arrives, and after I speak with him, that is." He would need to know what was going on, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom