Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A Sword for the Lord Commander (Knights Obsidian)

Relationship Status: It's Complicated

I N S T R U C T I O N
Ger.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Millu Lee Millu Lee , Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren , Oleander Webb Oleander Webb , Lavria Xedrim, Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn

The training rooms had been quiet for far too long. Sounds of lightsbaers clashing used to be a constant song which danced through the halls of the Knights Obsidian’s training facilities, but now the silence was deafening. Gerwald wanted to remedy this. His life on Stewjon could not have prepared him more for this moment. Sword combat was something Gerwald had excelled in, and taught to new warriors on a daily basis. Nothing would be different here, except their use of lightsabers, eventually.

Gerwald didn’t know everyone that would arrive. As he did with many of the classes he taught, it was an all call, and those interested would arrive. Whether he kept the class basic or not would depend on who arrived, but his hope was for a good mix of skill. After all, it was time for others to take on the mantle of mentor and teacher. Gerwald could not certainly train the Knights and run the entire order on his own.

A table sat along the farthest wall from the door. Several wooden bokkens were laid on top of it. Memories of his own childhood flooded to his mind as he ran his fingers along the practice weapons. He had learned the hard way that just because the weapon was meant for practice, it could still do some damage. The wolf recalled several bruises had once been after his first lesson. They had been a reminder that the wounds could have been cuts instead.

The Lupine waited for the students to gather. Usually he could be found standing, but today was slightly different. Blue eyes looked out the window and off toward the woods as though he were longing for something which was just out of reach. It had been some time since Gerwald had allowed his wish for something which seemed unattainable to be visible on his countenance. There were only a handful of people who would recognize it usually, but today it was visible for all. Life had not been what the Lord Commander had ever expected, and that was a good thing. Still, there were losses he still carried with him, and those weighed on him much harder some days than others.

teal.png

TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Lavria Xedrim | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Millu Lee Millu Lee | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | A ARS VAMI

Oleander was no stranger to combat. He excelled in the art of ending life. Yet his skills with a blade were hardly something to praise. Relying on heightened senses, his skills were lacking in finesse, not quite matching any particular form, either. It was enough to get by, especially with his other combat skills were as effective as ever.

Yet when the all call for training reached his ears, the general mentality of 'why not?' had him checking his schedule and upon finding it clear, making plans to attend, if only to observe while squires ran through exercises and jump in if they had an odd number for exercises. He arrived in his usual leathers, the difference between on a mission and otherwise often lost on the Anzat, in no small part due to the specific nature of his particular occupation. That and, again, he expected he'd be observing more than participating.

As he entered the room, his cool gaze swept over the other occupants, taking a quick roll of those who'd gathered before him before eventually landing on the Lord Commander. While Oleander wouldn't necessarily call the other a friend (the word was still fairly foreign to him), an inkling of concern crept into the recesses of his mind, though be it for the individual or in interest in seeing the training session start soon, he'd never tell. A brow rose as he crossed the room, as silent as ever though not particularly invested in remaining unseen. He approached Gerwald with arms crossed and that brow cocked, as if to pose a silent question of 'you okay?'.

teal.png

Lavria Xedrim

L

avedivider.png

TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Millu Lee Millu Lee | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | A ARS VAMI

Why was she going to this thing?

Lavria has seen more battles than she cared to mention in her life. Where she was born and where she had come from, combat was something that was bred into her and then honed sharply.

Yet, here she was.

Why? Because even after all her time of violence and Darkness, the Zabrak felt that she could learn some more. And who better to learn from on her off days, than the one that helped her from the Sith dreadnought?

She wanted to be the best, after all.

So the young Sith made her way to the training room that all the KO have been invited to. The halls were empty, which Lavria could not help to compare to her days at the Academy on Bastion. Yet she had to admit that the Knights Obsidian had ample reason to be so diminished. She had heard the stories.

And yet, the current ranks were even more powerful than she had ever heard of.

She had fought alongside some of them, including Oleander Webb Oleander Webb that was already standing in the room. As the Zabrak entered the room, her eyes fell on the one that was meant to lead this class.

After a lifetime of honing, the Sith never could get rid of her sensitivity to others. That is what had ultimately been the cause of her fall from the Sith Empite. She could sense the forlorn feeling within the man that had taken it upon himself to train her whenever her own Master could not.
<Now is not the time for tears.> she sent the thought to Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner .
To the room, however, she was her cocky self. "Bokkens. Seriously? What are we? Younglings?" she asked with a smirk.

avedivider.png

iYlpoMm.png

Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Lavria Xedrim Oleander Webb Oleander Webb A ARS VAMI

Kurenai was very confident in her ability to swing a blade, she had been doing so probably longer then most of the people in the Knights age combined. Still, there was nothing wrong with constant practice and sparing with students and masters alike. Besides, she had heard from Lechner that he had bokkens for todays training session, of course she would be here, if not to use them just to inspect the wooden blades and see how well hey were crafted.

Arriving at the hall it seemed things were still getting set up, besides the commander himself there were only 3 other members present. The Zabrak being someone of not, herself seeming to recall seeing the women elsewhere possibly, but couldn't put a direct finger on it. Her comment about the wooden blades catching the Atrisian's attention. "They may be made out of wood but they are no children's toy, these blades while blunt can still break bones and cause harm and a well balanced in their weight, hence why they are useful for practice".

As the old saying went, if it wasn't broke why fix it? Metal blades while they would prove to be more life like would need to have the blades blunted and would cost much more then a wooden carved bokkens. Also that metal could be used for something more practical, like making actual vibro blades. "Explanation aside I look forward to using them and seeing if they stack up to the ones produced at home".

millubar.png

TRAINING

Attire: [X]
Objective: Learn as much as possible
Tag: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

Being in the middle of a vicious battlefield with next to no skill with a blade was one of the worst things Millu had ever felt. She had done terribly and if it wasn't for Kyle she probably wouldn't have flown out of Lorta alive. Millu NEEDED this class.

They had been in so much trouble when their borrowed fighter landed near the front gates of Frosthall, and Kyle helped a feverish, injured Millu out of it and into the castle. She was almost certain that her master only hadn't completely slaughtered Kyle out of a bigger concern for her health.

Things had been explained, Beric had been actually way more understanding than she thought, and had ordered her to come take this class as soon as the cut on her thigh was completely healed and she could move around and stand up firmly. Of course the girl didn't complain- it was embarrassing to have to be saved by your partner-in-crime, and it was painful to lack saber habilities in the middle of a battle.

Millu wished Beric would have taken the time to teach her himself, but she couldn't fault him for trying to adjust to the combined responsability of having a teenage apprentice on top of his usual lordly duties. Granted that they had been master and apprentice for nearly a year, but most of that time had been spent trying to work out her connection to the Force, which was still healing, as a matter of fact.

Sometimes the girl wished she could be an easier apprentice to deal with, for her master was the best she could possibly ever hope for, and he didn't deserve to be burdened with a flighty, unskilled, disaster of a girl who still had occasional problems with the very thing she was supposed to master.

Arriving finally at the training room on the KO base, Millu glimpsed her teacher for the day, Lord Commander Gerwald, and a few other knights, what meant that she was a bit late. Putting a brave face foward, Millu skipped over to the lupine who was looking wistfully out to the forest outside.

"Hi, Lord Gerwald, I know I'm late, but I hope this class will help me finally learn a thing or two about combat." she said with a smile before scurrying off to the middlle of the room and staying there, looking around, feeling a bit out of place among all those obviously great warriors.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
I N S T R U C T I O N
Ger.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Millu Lee Millu Lee , @Teyla Ee’everwest, Oleander Webb Oleander Webb , Lavria Xedrim Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi

Gerwald turned away from the window as the students arrived. His blue eyes fell to the first, Oleander, and caught the look on his face. If it could be concern, Gerwald noted it as such. Perhaps the man thought it was weakness. Regardless, the lupine motioned for him to make room for the others and offered a nod to simply say, ‘I’m fine,’ even if that was not the full truth. Gerwald was as fine as he could be considering the weight he carried as Lord Commander, and the one he put on himself.

Another familiar face joined the room. Gerwald expected as much grief from this one as possible. Lavria was as quick with her snark and attitude as anyone, but she was a good student. The wolf had the opportunity to teach her when her own master was otherwise occupied. One day soon the Zabrack would be ready for students of her own, and she would be as good a mentor as any.

“Not tears, I assure you. Some days the weight I carry seems heavier than others. I shall push ahead as I always do.”

It was the truth. A bit more candid, but still not the full picture. There were few among the Confederacy who had known Gerwald well enough to know what troubled him with a look. He could only think of three, maybe four, at the moment. Of those four, one of them was partly the reason for the emotion he felt. There were moments where Gerwald simply could not hide the storm which was constantly going on in his mind. Today was one of those days. If there were to be tears, they would come later.

“Not everyone I am expecting is trained with a saber yet. If you are not careful, I will pair you with the most inexperienced and make you teach them… and grade you on it.”

Another Lord spoke up. Gerwald nodded toward the energy vampire. They often found each other working in these situations. The Lord Commander had been lax in keeping up with the council meetings. He hated the administration of it all. Gerwald longed to lead from the field and he did. Another apprentice, a young squire, came shortly after. It was as though both of their comments ran together as the Lord scolded the Knight and the squire greeted Gerwald.

“You are precisely the reason this class is being held. We will only rebuild our ranks together. If you have not met some of the other Knights…” Gerwald motioned to the rest… “you will have time to do so. Be warned… I do not teach like Berrick, nor do I teach like a lightsider.”

He turned to face the group which had gathered.

“Grab a bokken, find one which feels balanced. Lavria, help Millu find a suitable weapon to learn with.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom