Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A step into the future, a leap into the past

Appearance: Link
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"What do you think, sweetie?"

Valery looked from Kahlil to Vera who, of course, had run ahead to look around again. This was probably the fourth or fifth planet they had traveled to in their search for a new home, but something felt different. In a good way. From the moment their ship had jumped from hyperspace, a strong feeling in the Force had reached the couple, letting them know just how strongly this planet was attuned to it.

But after landing and seeing its natural beauty for themselves, Valery already began to feel like they had found the right place. The only question that remained, was if it felt right to their little star as well.

"Daddy?" Vera turned around after a moment and looked up at her father with a bright smile. "That's where we play hide and seek!" she pointed off into the forest before turning to the sound of the river nearby, "That's where you throw mommy into the water." She giggled at the thought and looked at her mother, while Valery just blinked, before looking at Kahlil with a big smirk.

"That so, hm?"

She leaned into him and spoke with a loving tone while Vera ran around again, "I think we found our place. We just... have to arrange the house and get everything moved from the Bastion. According to her visions, there should be a town up ahead too. You want to look there or relax a little here?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Vera loved the world. More than that, she recognized it. Kahlil smiled warmly, watching his daughter run around as happy and content as can be. This world felt safe. For once it felt safe. The Jedi glanced to his wife for a moment, humming in thought. Should they do something? Go to town? Stay here? He shrugged.

"Vera! Where would you like to go?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

"I wanna see them!" she called back without really explaining anything else. With a smile on her face, she just turned back around and began to walk into the forest. She was starting to understand her visions better, and that her parents didn't know everything she saw, but at times she was still in her own little world and under the impression that mom and dad knew.

"I think we're going for a walk, honey," she chuckled and reached for his hand so she could interlace fingers and walk with him. Together, they'd follow Vera into the forest while she stared at the birds and little creatures with widened eyes. It was magical to the little girl, but that excitement also meant she moved faster and faster until she briefly disappeared around a couple of trees.

When the couple quickly caught up, they found Vera laying on the ground, and several small lizard-like creatures were crawling all over her. Valery initially looked at it in shock, but when she heard Vera giggle, her worries faded,
"Daddy, look!" she screamed while she played with her little dinosaur friends.

If Kahlil were to look to his right though, he'd likely see the overprotective motherly stare in his wife's eyes. She couldn't help it — she was always a little too worried.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil squeezed Valery's hand. Neither of them could sense any danger in the Force, so it wasn't like Vera was in any actual danger. Though, the fact Vera was able to play with the animals so easily despite them being wild was.. Well. Just another sign of how strong Vera was already in the Force. He'd pull his wife along, crouching down beside where Vera was with a smile.

"I take it these are 'them'?"

Valery let herself be pulled along and withdrew her hand when Kahlil crouched down beside Vera. She just watched, quietly, and softly smiled for a moment before she looked around at the forest to admire its beauty. It was a peaceful place to be, and despite everything that was on her mind and keeping her from being relaxed, this did help.

"Mhm!" Vera giggled happily.

But after she rolled around and scared off some of the creatures with it, she seemed to focus on something,
"He's hurt and alone," she frowned and looked at one of the little creatures. Its leg was injured and it seemed the others had abandoned it. Valery looked at it as well but remained quiet and watched Vera and Kahlil.

"Can you make it better?" she looked at her father.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Make it better?"

Kahlil hummed, looking over the injured creature. Then knelt down. In silence he set a hand on the wounded leg and let the Force take control. The wound itself slowly mended. Unseen, but within seconds the creature was up and about again. Happily squeaking, glancing between Vera and Kahlil. The man just smiled in turn before glancing to Vera.

"Would you like to learn how to do that?"

"Mhmm!"

After watching her father heal her little friend, she definitely wanted to know how to do it. To learn healing at such a young age was likely not going to work out, but she didn't know that, and she wanted it bad right now. "He's happy now," she smiled to herself and plopped down to sit in the grass while the little lizard crawled into her lap.

"You think I can keep him, daddy?"

She looked up at him with big puppy eyes, then glanced over to her mother, who was still watching at a small distance. Valery smiled faintly and turned her gaze to Kahlil to see what he thought about it. They had talked about getting a pet before, but this was a little bit different from picking up an animal at a shelter somewhere.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Keep him, huh? Kahlil watched the creature for a moment before glancing to Valery. Who just seemed alright with the idea. The man chuckled before nodding. Reaching down to pat Vera's head. "He's still wild, but he can come and go as he likes at our home. I'll help you connect better with him, too. I take it you can feel his thoughts?"

Vera almost jumped from excitement, and smiled happily in the direction of her new friend,
"Hmm..." she then hummed at her father's question, as she considered how to explain it. "I can feel that he's happy because you helped him!" she exclaimed, and Valery didn't seem too surprised by that. Her Empathy had always been strong too, so maybe it was something she got from her mother.

"Some of the native creatures can get... really big," Valery added into the conversation, "So we'll have to watch his growth too, and be careful with it." She wasn't too worried about it getting hostile, not with several Jedi keeping it calm. But if it were to grow really big, only one accident or misstep could be catastrophic around a small child.

"But why don't we take a look in town? The sooner we get things sorted out there, the sooner we can live here and play all day," she looked mostly at Vera, who wasn't as excited about the town as she was about the forest and all its mysteries. But the idea of being here every day was appealing, so she smiled and nodded.

Valery then looked at Kahlil,
"Hopefully the people in this town don't try to shoot us."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil smiled and nodded. Patting Vera on the head. She could already tell what the feelings were? No, that was just something more obvious. Anything would be happy to not be in any more pain, right? The creature getting large, though. His gaze shifted to Valery, a more nervous smile forming. He nodded once.

That would be bad.

"If they do, I don't think it'll go that well for them." At least this time he was more prepared. He stood up, hoisting Vera onto his shoulder much to her delight.

"Lets get to town."

Valery chuckled,
"Mhm, I'm not in a dress, so I don't have to scare you by strapping more guns to myself," she winked and waited while Kahlil lifted Vera up onto his shoulder, which got her to squeal happily. There was no fear of falling or the height above the ground getting to her. She just waved her arms around and looked over at Valery.

"Look mommy!" she exclaimed, and Valery just watched with a bright smile, "Alright, let's go to town. Maybe they have ice cream~" Now that idea seemed very exciting to Vera. And so the three moved out of the forest and made their way over to the town, which consisted of a few larger buildings constructed into big rock formations, but mostly smaller homes.

There was a local market, a lot of green and a very peaceful aura the two Jedi would undoubtedly sense. Kids were running around, much to Valery's delight, and nothing seemed dangerous to their safety out here.

star-wars-galaxys-edge-11-2000.jpg

"I... don't even know where to start," Valery said with a smile, as she turned to Kahlil. "What do you think? Should we look at figuring out how to live here first? Or explore a little more?"

Vera definitely seemed more excited at the idea of exploring — she already had so many images in her mind about this place. But her mother's words were still on her mind too. The quicker they were able to settle down here, the more time she'd have to run around all day.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"The only thing that scared me was how well your shots are." Kahlil was quick to tease, even grinning as he winked down to his Wife. Sometimes days like this really helped him feel more.. Him.

A lot of things had started to make him feel more like himself, in no small part due to Valery and Vera. As they walked through the woods towards the town he was mostly quiet, looking around with the ever faint smile on his lips. Relaxed. Happy. He raised a brow, glancing to Valery. Then to Vera who seemed all too eager to go run off with the kids.

Wasn't a bad idea.

He set her down, gently patting the top of her head. "Stay in line of sight, okay?"

Vera nodded eagerly, practically vibrating with excitement out of her shoes. Then took off, waving happily to the kids.

"Both, probably. Though.." He paused, scratching his cheek.

"Not to be a downer, but, there is something I gotta tell ya. One of my.. Experiments, escaped when Silas and I went to check it out."

"Uh huuuh..." Valery looked at him with a deadpan stare for a moment when he teased her, but quickly found herself uncontrollably smirking at the wink that followed. She then gently stepped into him with her side to nudge him playfully, to which Vera responded by patting her mother on the head. Finally she was bigger, so she couldn't pass up that opportunity!

Valery just smiled warmly again, clearly in a good mood now that she was with her family, and looked around the village they entered. But when Kahlil set Vera down and she exploded like a ball of energy to rush off to the other kids, there was a brief moment where that overprotective, motherly glare appeared again, directed at the group of kids as if they'd harm her little girl.

The kids, however, seemed amazed by Vera's eyes and were equally excited to play, so Valery just sighed in relief,
"Sometimes it scares me to see that she has the same energy I did as a kid..." Valery said before she looked at her husband, who seemed to have something on his mind unrelated to their home situation.

"An Experiment?" she blinked and briefly glanced back at Vera, "Well, why don't we get our housing sorted out and then deal with it? Together." she turned to him and just looked up with a loving smile that was meant to show her readiness and willingness to help him deal with this small echo of his past.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Well it kinda uh, ran away? Sentient undead. Didn't think it actually worked, so I never bothered to check on it. But it's ben alive all this time. Learning. Which also makes me worry about my uh.. Other, experiments." Kahlil laughed. Nervously. Scratching at his cheek as he, too, watched Vera. "I need to find all of them. Everything I made and collected. Make sure they're not going to hurt anyone."

"Sentient undead?" she blinked but quickly nodded — she had seen a lot of strange Sithspawn during her time as a Jedi Shadow, so very few things actually surprised her at this point. But it was definitely troubling, and she agreed that finding all of them and ensuring they couldn't harm people was important.

"Well, you know me..." she watched him nervously scratch his cheek and reached for his hand to gently hold it, "I'd like to help you handle these creations of your past. If they're dangerous, it's best we don't take unnecessary risks and tackle them together. We'll make sure they don't hurt anyone."

She tried her best to offer a reassuring smile, and glanced over to Vera, who was still playing,
"Hmm, why don't you play with her for a bit? I'll handle the arrangements for our home in town, and then we head back to the Bastion so we can head out and deal with the undead together. Then we'll go from there, and I'll help with any problem that comes up," she said, still holding his hand down by her side. Or well, up a little bit with how tall he was. "I'm sure bringing Silas along will sometimes be a good lesson for him too, so I'll leave that to you. But some things are best not to expose 15-year-old Padawans to if we can help it..."

Her eyes shifted back to Kahlil, "You know the risks better than anybody else, so just let me know, okay?" She was smiling up at him, but she definitely had that look in her eyes that made it clear she really wanted to help.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Life that's not life. Like a droid, but.. With corpses." Yeah it sounded as grim as he figured it would. Not too surprising. He was a grim person back then. Then he laughed. Couldn't help himself.

"Silas was there with me. He held his own pretty well. You're right, though. A lot of this is dangerous. But it's danger I know better than anyone. With the Maw.. Yeah. Taking Silas along is probably the best idea. And there's uh.. A lot of experiments to go through. I could tell you of some you and your own Padawan could go deal with?"

The easier ones, though he wasn't about to say that. Though she might have picked it up through the mel- Ah shit. He gave a brief, nervous smile before hopping up and rushing over to Vera.

"Hey! Vera! You wanna go look at our new house?"

Her own grim expression at the thought of the sentient undead faded when he talked about working together or with Padawans to handle them. They both knew how dangerous these creations could be, having already fought them on Thule together before, so there weren't going to be unnecessary risks taken.

"Mhmm, the really dangerous ones they aren't ready for yet we'll handle with the two of us. The rest we can handle with our Padawans — it'll go a lot quicker that way," she said before her eyes narrowed a little as she picked up on what he was thinking. She didn't actually mind, because she wasn't about bringing young Padawans into way too dangerous situations. Sure, both Silas and Iris had been through their fair share of encounters with powerful Sith and other incredibly threatening things, but it was never planned beforehand. No sane Master would ever send their Padawan up against the most powerful Sith Lords or creatures. Not until they were ready.

Still, though, she enjoyed the brief bit of nervousness in his smile, as it finally allowed her to tease him.
You better run~ she joked through the bond before she turned around and headed into town to make the arrangements for their new home. Meanwhile, Vera would laugh and smile as her father came rushing over, and of course, she dragged him into some much-needed playtime.

div1.png
After talking to various representatives and land owners, Valery had secured their new house, but it would have to be built from scratch. It wasn't going to be within the town itself, but exactly where Vera had seen it in her dreams — at the edge of the forest, along the road leading up to the town. It would be beautiful when finished, and certainly an upgrade from the apartment, but it was still small and simplistic enough, the way she liked it as a Jedi.

"Alright, you two... where are you hiding?" she looked around, trying to find her husband and daughter near the playground.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil lounged on one of the nearby benches to the playground. He was just people watching at this point, smiling softly. This place truly was serene. Calm. In his arms, a sleeping Vera tuckered out from her play. He didn't even look over to Valery as she approached, but did speak up after she was close enough.

"I think this is a place we can actually stay in."

"Aww, she looks so peaceful," Valery said as she approached and looked at the sleeping Vera in his arms. She had been gone for a little while to make arrangements, so it made sense that Vera had thrown out all her energy playing. Valery then sat down on the bench as well and gently leaned against Kahlil with her side while she looked at how peaceful everything was around them.

"I think so, too. I was able to get things started, so we just have to wait a little while until our new home is built and ready," she said with a warm smile that she turned directly to him. Over the last few years, a lot of things changed, but to have started a family and finally found a place to live made all the difficult times feel worth it.

"Hmm, stay like this,"

Valery grinned, got up to her feet, and stood directly in front of them, but at a distance away, "Smile~" she teased before she pulled out a little holo-camera and snapped a picture of him with Vera sleeping in his arms. "It'll look great up on the wall of our new home," she said with a nod before she gestured with her head for him to get up.

"For now, let's head to the ship and deal with that undead, hm?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil blinked at first, but smiled soon enough. A picture in their home? Still felt weird that they were having their own home here. The apartment was one thing with so many other people around. This place would just be theirs and theirs alone.

"Huh? .. Oh. I uh, don't actually know where it went. It kinda just.. Left." He laughed. Nervously. Again. But he kept the smile on his lips regardless, nodding. "But, it might be trying to get my things back from my other labs. We can start there, where I stashed my more.. Valuable things."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom