Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Special Place In Heaven [Open]

Caedyn Arenais

C
"There's A Special Place In Heaven For Each Of Us".
NzC3c9k.png
In the Galaxy's current state of crisis, war is rampant and suffering is wide-spread, more common than a life lived in peace for sentient kind. Too few world's can offer sanctuary and solace from the pains of political and military extremity; such was the reason my creators decided to invest their resources into the Outer-Heaven Project, a Space-Station capable of carrying a small world's populace, financed by their desire for safety, distanced from the horrors of galactic society's steady decline.

For the citizens of Outer-Heaven, we have arrived upon our new monthly orbit, this time in cooperation with the Nation Leaders of Abregado-Rae. Safety precautions have been lifted and transit is now in the process of seeing all kinds of people come and go, some that may choose a more permanent station here with us.

Whether just visiting or a long-term resident living out their day to day, Outer-Heaven embraces it's purpose in the Galaxy and another system is introduced to the new marvel of order and equality. Trade has resumed with nearby world's and the Station has maintained the highly sought after quality of livelihood for the population aboard.

For many here, heaven truly is a state of mind.

Out-Of-Character: This is an open social thread for those interested or presently involved in the Outer-Heaven Community. Guests are more than welcome, bring your own objective and let your imagination's carry you away.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Cessy was the alias that Kay used when she purchased her apartment on the Outer Heaven Station. She was a holo-novelist, which gave her the perfect cover to be left more or less on her own and away from politics. She didn't use any funds from House Arenais for this purchase, nor had she done so for any other since her time in Purgatory. It just didn't feel right. So instead she let [member="Veiere Arenais"] look after their family's wealth and use it in the best way that he knew how.

Only another day. That was how long Kay was planning to stay before she left to go back to Mandalorian space. She held a meeting with a few Mandalorians in secret. It didn't go as well as she'd of liked, but there was a silver lining to it at least. And she had gained knowledge that she wouldn't of had otherwise. A few of her Eternal Guards kept close by, but they were dressed just as casually as she was, much to their distaste.

Kay sat in one of the lounges, curled up in a comfy chair with her tea and a paperback in hand. Her Force signature was shrunken down to that of a small tree nut, her hair in waves that tended to partially cover her face. Now was a time to reflect and plan ahead.

Another question came to mind however. And as Kay sipped her tea she glanced around for a moment to see if there was a chance that she was being followed or tracked.

Just one more day. And then she could leave.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Outer-Heaven was a place in the Galaxy where Caedyn could simply be himself.

Here he wasn't known as the rich kid born to a Monarchy. He wasn't known as the lone Je'daii who's Order had abandoned him. Nor was he known as a Jedi struggling to find his way in a Galaxy that had moved on from the teachings of his past. On Outer-Heaven, Caedyn Arenais was simply a Resident of the massive Community whose Home had been hard earned and paid for through his own blood, sweat and the occasional tear. Most significant of all, he was away from the War and the falling out that it had caused to his family; At-least, as far as he knew.

No; Here Caedyn was working towards a hopeful future and place of security and well-being should he and [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] live long enough to have a family of their own one day. Something he wouldn't be caught dead talking about, even in spoken thought, as it was simply too soon in their relationship and they both had ambitions of their own to fulfill yet. But it was a possibility for one day further down the line and he wanted to have a corner in the Galaxy where he knew he had made of his own accord and efforts.

House Arenais had been one of the two benefactors and source of finance for the space-station, yet Caedyn had denied any offers of discount and instead negotiated with the present leadership that he also find employment within the Metro in order to keep his costs down and the payments for his residence there consistent and on track. By now, he had planned to ask Asaraa to move in with him, and figured two financial incomes would make for easier living, yet with the war and everything that had been building up, he simply hadn't found the right time to broach the subject with her.

So instead, today was about himself. About taking a break and cutting some slack, wandering the gigantic station and getting to know his neighbors and fellow residential folks a little better. There was also no shortage of cantina's and shopping centers, cafe's of all sorts of quality. As far as he was concerned, he'd earned himself a good day off for a change!

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

Kay was only half reading the book in her hands. There were times when she'd focus on it, but then her mind would drift to numerous events, and then she'd find herself having to reread some paragraphs. It wasn't as though it wasn't a good story. It was just that her thoughts were too scattered.

Perhaps some food would do her some good. She hadn't really eaten much on this journey. Sometimes one could be so caught up in events that eating becomes something that could be pushed back. Now though, maybe it could help her clear her head.

She finished her tea and earmarked her book before getting to her feet. Kay did a bit of a double-take as she watched a young man walk by the lounge on the other side. Was that her son? "Caedyn?" How long had it been since she had seen [member="Caedyn Arenais"] ? Since the Siege of Commenor? Right now that felt like a lifetime ago.

Of course there was the chance that it wasn't him at all. It could just be a look alike. She kept her Force signature down in any case. Even in a sanctuary like this she was still in danger. Those that would be her enemies wore many masks.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn hadn't heard his name being spoken, he'd been too busy taking in the numerous street-side shops, all with their colorful signage and advertising their particular market and such. The space-station seemed to have an endless supply of quality, Force only knew how they managed to keep everything stocked up and available all the time but they managed! It was the perfect place to lose yourself in, distractions from real space woes of politics or force academies and the like.

Today seemed like a good time to make use of his freedom and buy a selection of metals to be delivered back to his residence. Buying them in bulk meant that he'd have plenty to work with once he had found the confidence and the completion of his recent lessons to set to work on his first Alkahest projects. Creating powerful artifacts using one's own blood alongside the Force had never actually occured to him before, it almost seemed sacrilegious in a sense, yet there were Jedi Masters teaching him so what could go wrong. Right?

In any case, he continued walking along, hands in the pockets of his Spacer Jacket not being any the wiser to whom seemed to be following him in the most unlikely of places for a family reunion!

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

If it was [member="Caedyn Arenais"] , she didn't want to pass up the opportunity of not talking to him. Afterall, he was sure to have a bunch to say. She did as well, but moreso in a motherly way than anything to do with political strife.

Kay left the lounge with hurried steps, being careful not to lose sight of Cae before she could catch up. When finally she did, she hesitated. How would he react? Would he be mad at her? Or would he of missed her so much that all of what had happened wouldn't matter?

There was only one way to find out.

"Caedyn? Is that you?" She was going to reach out and touch his shoulder but then changed her mind. Boys can be fickle about such things at a certain age. So it was best to let him take the lead on that.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Caedyn? Is that you?".

Caedyn Arenais froze, his steps immediately coming to a halt as he heard the voice that spoke out to him. It was unmistakably his Mother's voice, but for the briefest of moments he didn't want to believe it. If she was here, then he was going to be forced to confront most of the turmoil that he'd been trying to avoid. It wasn't enough for their Dad to screw things up back on Commenor, but life had to have it's joke on he and [member="Loreena Arenais"] by toying with their belief that their Mom had been a good person too.

"How did you find me?" he asked, still with his back to her, though his gaze had turned to look to the side catching her in his peripheral. If his Mom was here, who else was around them. His eyes quickly swept the environment they shared, his control over the Force reaching out to probe at the minds of every living person within his reach hoping to identify whomever had come along for the ride. He was right to do so as there seemed to be a couple others following her, though not yet showing any hint of malicious intent towards him. Caedyn didn't know what to believe anymore.

As he gradually turned to face his Mother, his hands slowly fell to his sides, fingers unfurling from formerly clenched fists as he prepared himself for the need to apply Force; How he regretted not bringing his Lightsaber at the very least. "Outer-Heaven's not a political Station..." he informed [member="Kay Arenais"], "These people don't deserve to be caught up in our problems". It was a great community with it's own rules and hierarchy, it wasn't without flaw but it worked and kept the peoples interests at heart unlike many other corners of the Galaxy, and Cae didn't want to see any of them suddenly being threatened or worse because of his families connections to both the Jedi and the Mandalorian Empire.

"Why are you here, Mom?".

Kay-Larr

"Only by accident. I wasn't looking...for you..." She was right to not reach out and touch him. [member="Caedyn Arenais"] wasn't exactly pleased to see her in any shape or form. She was used to him directing that anger against his Father, but not to her.

Kay looked over to her guards and signalled to them that she wanted a bit of space. However they were out in the public, so she was planning on keeping her voice down.

"I'm not trying to involve them in anything, Cae. And just because it's not a political station, it doesn't mean that I don't have a right to be here like everyone else. I'm not only a politician, you know." She looked her son up and down, studying him as only a Mother would, looking to be sure that he was healthy and otherwise okay. "I came here for a meeting, but I'm set to leave tomorrow." With his tone she was rather certain that he'd want her gone much sooner than that.

"You look good, Cae. I think of you all every day. You might not believe it, but I do. I'm just sorry that we can't be together right now. But I'm working on fixing that." Or at the very least she was trying. But it was difficult to come up with solutions when so many wanted her either jailed or dead, neither of which suited her.

"How's your Dad? Have you seen him?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
It wasn't as though Caedyn hated his Mom, there probably wasn't any part of himself that was cold enough to ever truly hold any lasting resentment against her, though the decisions made by both of his parents were another story, and it was difficult to know who and what to trust when the family was being pit against itself these days. "We could all be together" Caedyn countered [member="Kay Arenais"], "But you and Dad are too proud and stuck in your ways to admit that you both have a choice, and you've both made the wrong one".

He and [member="Loreena Arenais"] had never had a choice as far as their family was concerned, they'd been pulled through politics and the repercussions of bad decisions made while their parents eyes had been cast outside of their family rather than focusing on what was important and needed there at home. With everything going wrong lately, it wasn't difficult to feel like he and his Sister were pushed to the side. "Dad told Lori and I what's been going on. More fighting between the Jedi and the Mandalorians, like that's ever actually solved anything...", the two peoples had been warring with each other for almost the same length of time as the Sith as far as he could tell; "He told us that he hopes you're not going to be part of the fighting. He doesn't want to see you out there" Caedyn added, this time more for his Mom's benefit. His Dad's state of mind had always been difficult to read, always so well guard from the Twins, but it wasn't hard to see that he was struggling with the weight of the war and what it meant for their parents, their family.

"Go back to Zakuul, Mom" Caedyn told her, less of a suggestion and more of a need for their children; "Lori's going to end up following you otherwise, and like it or not I have to keep with the Jedi. I'm not going to let Asaraa fight on her own".

Kay-Larr

She wanted to tell [member="Caedyn Arenais"] that he was too young to understand the kinds of choices that afults and leaders had to make, often putting millions of people ahead of themselves. But she couldn't. "We're stubborn Caedyn. It's a family trait that you share in as well..." Kay tried to lighten the mood a little bit. But perhaps it was too late for that.

She clenched her jaw a little as Caedyn spoke about [member="Veiere Arenais"] and Lori, and of course about the Mandalorian and Jedi conflict. "I'm trying to stop the fighting. Maybe I came too late, but I'm still going to try. I don't plan on being there on the battlefield, yet if the battle comes to me...I will do what I can to try to get out of there." She wasn't about to let herself be captured. Kay wanted to keep her freedom.

And then there it was. Caedyn was telling her to go back, even suggesting that Lori would follow her if she didn't. Kay slowly shook her head. "I can't go to Zakuul right now. I'd be putting them in danger if I did. Even being here is dangerous for me, which is why my stay is very short. My enemies don't know about me being here, and I'd like to keep it that way." Although there was a snag in that. One Mandalorian of the Confederacy knew. However he more than likely wouldn't of cared enough to make some report about it or tell anyone at all. So that could keep the station safe still.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"There's always something you've got to do" Caedyn argued, his frustration boiling over the surface; "Has it never occurred to you that you're always in danger because you always go out there looking for it? You and Dad are just as bad as each other. How many times have you been taken by somebody, off to Force knows where while Loreena and I have had to sit around wondering if we'd see you again?" he wasn't pulling any punches anymore, Caedyn was tired of having to suck it all up and pretend like they had a normal family. Hell, these days they barely knew each other save for the excuses.

"Funny how you guys always seem to have an excuse to never be around" he glared back at her, "Dad's off defending people, you're off saving or doing the same for someone. Never mind the fact we're just hanging around trying to make the best of it". All that time burying his feelings over a lack of family that he had once had as a youngling, all seemed to be coming out now whether he liked it or not.

"Then there's this place. Somewhere I can finally make for myself without having to be bothered by all the crap you guys have dragged us through..." His right hand moved to gesture to the district around them, some people glancing their way in response to his elevated voice, "I should've known there'd be some sort of reason why Dad pooled all of your guys credits into this place..." his words died off for a moment as a thought soon came to him; "Does he know you're here? He probably does doesn't he!" Caedyn didn't know whether that'd be a good thing or a bad thing. If they were working together over the Space-Station, did that mean one of them was a traitor, and to which side. Grife, what more drama did they need in their lives.

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

Kay took half a step back as [member="Caedyn Arenais"] began to release his bottled up thoughts towards her. Her shoulders slumped as he blamed her and [member="Veiere Arenais"] for everything. Perhaps some of that was true, but in some ways it wasn't. Still, her own guilt was rising on it's own accord. He continued his harsh words and her eyes brimmed with tears, yet she didn't let them fall. Save that for when he couldn't see her.

"What would you have me do, Caedyn? Sit at home somewhere and wait for you, your sister or your Dad to come home and visit every once in a while? Or would you come home and stay there like when you were younger? No, you wouldn't. You have your own life. You are a grown man with your own responsibilities. The same as your sister, the same as your Dad. You are not children anymore, so I'll not try to treat you like one."

She wanted to hold him, but held herself back as she now felt as though she was intruding on his own space by accident. "No...no he doesn't know and I'd prefer to keep it that way. I didn't even know that he had a hand in it." At least not in the extent that Caedyn suggested. "I'll leave early. I'll go within the hour if the transport can be ready in time. Then you won't have to worry about me being here or being bothered by my presence." Kay swallowed a lump in her throat. She didn't want to turn and go, but being there had only increased his anger. "Goodbye Caedyn. I love you and I hope that you find your peace some day." She turned on her heel and started to walk away, hoping that it wouldn't be the last time that she saw her son. Hopefully the next time they would be able to enjoy eachother's company, instead of despising it.

Caedyn Arenais

C
What would Caedyn ask of his Mother and Father?

"Go back to living together, being happy together instead of getting mixed up in all this mess the Mandalorian's have made with the Jedi" Caedyn answered her question, "I was there when they attacked Umbara so I know how bad things are, but that doesn't mean you and Dad have to start fighting each other. Leave this stupid war to someone else, and go and find somewhere quiet to live like you guys used to talk about!" Veiere and [member="Kay Arenais"] did often find themselves imagining what life would be like after their reign over Commenor had eventually come to an end. Talking about their retirement from politics and instead choosing to live somewhere nice and quiet like their old estate in the Eldritch Mountains of Commenor.

"It's not your guys job to save everyone, and not everyone wants saving" he continued, "Chit, you guys did really well back home. You deserve to live for yourselves now. Go back to acting like a real family..." he tried to tell her. Yes, he and [member="Loreena Arenais"] were much older now and perhaps she wouldn't be feeling as resentful of their decisions as Caedyn was right now but the whole situation just wasn't fair on any of them.

A bit of a growl escaped his breath as his Mom started to turn and leave, "Hey, hold on!" forcing him to call out after her and move to catch up for a moment. "Take The Repertoire" he told her, his voice having taken a tone of resignation as she clearly had no intention of listening to him. It was often the case being the children of the family, despite how much older they'd gotten, their parents always acted like they knew better. "At-least then you can get around without people knowing it, plus Lexas can keep an eye on you for me. You can have your ship back when you come back for it once things have settled or whatever. I'll use The Prophet for the moment."

Kay-Larr

Find somewhere quiet to live? After the twins were born and [member="Veiere Arenais"] and Kay left most of the ruling of Commenor get handled by the others, things didn't exactly turn better. Over the years Veiere went Dark. She wasn't sure if it was due to boredom or what, but it was during their break that she lost him for a time.

The last thing that she needed was to lose him again.

"We're not fighting, Caedyn. We're just....arguing." There was a difference. Fighting would imply hurting eachother physically. They weren't doing that. Instead they were just expressing their differences of opinion. That is when they actually talked.

[member="Caedyn Arenais"] called out to her as she was starting to leave. She paused when he told her to and slowly turned around to face him. Her eyebrows raised as he suggested that she take his ship. "Caedyn it's okay. You don't have to--" The look on his face suggested that he knew she'd refuse, yet still he gave her reasons not to. She took in a deep breath and then wrapped her arms around him. Caedyn had come of age and now he felt compelled to at least do something for his Mom. How could she deny him that?
"Alright Caedyn. I'll borrow your ship. Thank you for your help." Kay let him go then. No need for them to create any more of a scene than they already had.

OOC: Hope I'm not too late to join in.

Outer-Heaven. A lofty title to be sure, but one nonetheless bestowed upon a...vessel? Audren supposed that was the best term. A artificially-created structure suited for and capable of moving through the vacuum of space. That it was a rather large space station and immobile outside of the hyperspace capabilities in no way invalidated the fit of the word. Whoever had designed and financed the thing - place - was no doubt mad, but even madness had a stroke of genius every once in a while. There were, in fact, people here.

These people included Audren Sykes, Jedi Master and business owner. In truth he wasn't sure which was the primary these days, there hadn't been a conflict yet though. He was on Outer Heaven in a quiet manner: while he'd given his true name upon docking he didn't claim a title or to be representing any government or company. Normal, civilian clothing was worn rather than Jedi robes or upscale business attire and his lightsaber was discreetly hidden instead of out on display. He'd been on Abregado-rae for business dealings and had headed up to OH when they had concluded early.

What the Sephi had found was much different than what he'd expected. Life here seemed...almost normal. There was enough space to make the environment seem less like a space station and more like a planet-borne metropolis. It was obvious that the place was nowhere near capacity, but it was far from sparsely populated. He'd been able to rent temporary accommodations at a reasonable rate and the food at nearby eateries was actually palatable, good even. More permanent living spaces were available, ranging from prefabs all the way up to 'buy a space and build whatever you want'. The expenses scaled with the options. In like manner, there were also business spaces available. He'd have to have someone look into the potential options for opening a physical branch here.

Even if there was no business opportunity for the existing companies, the Jedi was considering property here. Something for himself, sure. If the market was good, potentially a few properties around the place as an investment. It had also occurred to him that this place would be ideal for a bolt-hole. Something off-grid, not attached to his known resources that could be used in case of emergency. He wasn't planning on needing something like that, but if the money to do so was available and the unthinkable happened, it could prove to be a literal life saver. Something to consider.

Breakfast had seemed a good idea, and the station had plenty of food to choose from. The meal had been interrupted by raised voices and sharp emotions nearby. He had continued eating his food and reading his datapad, thus ignoring the two people. He couldn't tell if it was an argument, and it wasn't any of the Sephi's business to know. When he and the others nearby were scanned through the Force, his curiosity was piqued a bit; since it wasn't hostile and still not his business he ignored it. Hiding himself within the Force wasn't a strong skill of his, but he could ignore the threads outside himself and bundle those he contained within into a tight ball. Contemporaries had stated that when he did so, he came close to reading as a being who wasn't especially Force-sensitive. A dedicated examination could suss out the truth...and whichever of the two had done the scanning obviously had better things to focus on. That was fine with Audren, he just wanted to finish his meal in peace.

Melanie Yoo stood in awe as she looked out over the vast commercial district. She had an eye for details, and, despite herself, she was impressed. Outer-Heaven was certainly a piece of work, high-quality work. Inside, there was a definite swell of pride that she would be calling this place home, and there was also a sure sense of regret that she hadn't been involved in this station's development. The young executive nodded, she'd chosen well.

Not only would she be renting a flat in the residential zone, but she had also made the decision to bring her company's corporate headquarters with her. It would be small to start, just Melanie and a few of her fellow execs that could afford to stay aboard the station. Others would work remotely or utilize their other branches, such as the one on Randon, in Silver Space.

A traveling station was appealing to the woman, it was a way to visit many worlds and find more opportunities to build and develop them. And, of course, the high-class company she would find on Outer-Heaven was an added bonus. She did have a penchant for the finer things. She reached up with a manicured hand and smoothed her hair, before tucking a few strands behind her ear. It was time to move, she would look foolish standing in place all day, even if there was enough to entertain her gaze for that long.

Clicking heels took her down the walk, passing by businesses and eateries.

It should be close,” She said, taking a glance at her datapad for the address.

[member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Kay Arenais"], [member="Caedyn Arenais"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom