Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Song of the Past

Aoife Jones

Knight Commander of Commenor
Aoife sighed as she lifted her head back up, just in time to see the little flame shoot back to die on Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron 's hand. She watched it quietly, and listened to him speak. Drumming her fingers on the armrest, Aoife pondered over her brother's offer. It was tempting. She could keep an eye on her brother, and still be able to experience new things, meet new people.

"What kind of positions are you thinking? I may be a bit more... willing to commit acts of violence, but. I'm very much raised by Mother. Also, are you not afraid of someone crying nepotism at you, my darling baby brother?"

"Namely one." He smiled, taking a slow sip of his tea. There was a restructuring that was coming, and having someone he could risk trusting would be a wonderful addition to it. Particularly since, while he had control of the group he was restructuring, he needed someone who could physically be there when he needed. "There's a Force order here on Commenor. They've been badly beaten and broken down since the Incursion and the Occupation, and have been growing slowly and steadily since. They're ready for a restructuring though, to make their identity firmer and their purpose easier to execute. Think of them as... like an extension of Commenor's various governmental agencies, dedicated to using the Force to help people. I'm in need of one to act as my voice and a liaison between myself and the order itself, so I don't have to make a visit every time they want my opinion. I figure you should be quick on the uptake and figure out why you would be a good fit, don't you think?"

Aoife Jones Aoife Jones

Aoife Jones

Aoife quirked an eyebrow up in curiosity as Aaron seemed to have one, singular, specific idea. She sipped on her tea quietly, and listened closely. A Force Order on Commenor that needed an errand girl between them and Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron was it? An... Interesting offer, she'd give her brother that. However...

"A Force order? Aaron, I'm neither a Jedi or a Priest, and from what you've described so far I'd be something akin to a glorified messenger. Or even an errand girl."

She sighed as she leaned back in the chair, and crossed her right leg over her left. As it was, she was certainly thankful he was offering her a job, but going from hunting to errands was... Unappealing, at best. Holding her tea cup in her lap, Aoife looked her brother in the eyes.

"You're going to need to sell me on it better, mo dheartháir daor."

"Force orders are more than just Force powers sister. They're for helping people and doing good things, with snazzy robes and what not." Though perhaps Aoife Jones Aoife Jones hadn't quite picked up that there was more to it than just relaying messages. His fault of course, but nothing to do now but finish explaining it all.

"Oh silly me, I forgot the part where you get to tag along with me to wherever I end up going, seeing new places and what have you. Getting to spend quality time together whenever I decide to sneak out under my Head of Security's nose for a bit of excitement. Or teach students at the Praxeums how to throw people around, if you feel like it. Pretty important isn't it?"

Aoife Jones

Aoife couldn't help but smile slightly as Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron mentioned the "snazzy robes" one apparently expected from a Force Order. It was a silly thing to smile at, but hey, she thought it was funny. Finishing off the rest of her tea, Aoife set the empty cup to the side and listened to her brother explain the... More important details of his proposed job for her.

She wasn't surprised Aaron would sneak out.

"Well now... Why didn't you mention all that first, Aaron? Sneaking out sounds much more exciting than running errands! Does Mother know you sneak out?"

Aoife laughed softly, before resting her head on a fist and staring at her brother with a smile.

"As long as you keep it exciting, I suppose I can take you up on your offer."

"Have I told her I sneak out? No. Does she know? Probably. She's had enough time to figure that much out." He smiled and put his half emptied tea asidr as well, though he leaned forward in his seat. Leveling his gaze with his sister, he gave as kind and reassuring a smile as he could... pleased that she seemed on board now. It might be nice to spend more time with family after all!

"Perfect. I'd normally require a background check but I doubt Domhanda would have what I need. So instead I'll have Auburn and Mum write letters of recommendation and move you on to a physical exam later. Little bit of sparring, little bit of throwing rocks with your mind, and your oaths. Then we can see how to annoy my apprentice by sneaking out to party, yeah?"

Aoife Jones

"The fact you haven't given her a heart attack is truly shocking, little brother."

Aoife hummed as Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron explained the process they'd have to go through. She did wonder if anyone would contest against the letters, considering one was her mother and the other the Queen of a planet almost no one in the galaxy knows of, but that was an Aaron problem, not an Aoife problem.

"I can also get in contact with some of my past employers, if need be. I know of a few who would be more than happy to help me, though Mrs. Fallows might demand I come visit her for tea again... Or set me up on a date with her son... Anyway, what were you saying about parties?"

"Honestly I think she's just acclimated to my lifestyle quickly. At least that's the only reason I can figure she can withstand the sudden shock my return must've been to her systems."

Of course there was a hidden subtext to what Darlyn was telling Aoife Jones Aoife Jones , that she really was only getting these interview and background check measures done as a formality. He really didn't have much shame about the rather blatant nepotism, considering similar circumstances were what gave him his original job on Commenor. Head of security, a long time had passed since he had that title... He could remember that day rather clearly. And now here he was, passing that favor onto another of his family, amusing how that worked.

"Well, if she wants to upset your brother she can very well try! I certainly haven't the chance to vet them now do I? But anyways, parties yes. Go drinking, punch bad guys, maybe a bit of hunting here or there you know?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom