Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Sky Full of Stars

Kestrel Dray

K
source.gif

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aboard Kestrel’s Ship, The Mesra

From Thracior, to Otabesk, and finally Zeffo, life was a whirlwind since departing from the Lesans, trying to go at this Jedi thing solo.

With droids on maintenance duty to ensure things would run more smoothly than they did on her last ship, Kestrel found the time to delve into other tasks. Namely, making sure to see to the education of the mysterious young man she’d met on Zeffo, who was now on board her star ship.

Taking him to the half of the ship that’d been cleared for training purposes, Kestrel sat cross legged on the floor of the make-shift dojo, equipped with all of the necessities one could need to hone their skills, and extended a hand that implored him to join her.

“I must admit,” she said, clearing her throat “I am only a recently minted Knight, and not exactly the best when it comes to philosophy.” Her training had brushed up on the subject, but it was not tackled with the same urgency as one whose entire life might revolve around unraveling the mysteries of the Force. “I am still learning myself, in many ways. I might make mistakes, and may not always be the most wise, but I do promise that I will give you all that I have. My honesty, my friendship, and my service. I hope that you find this acceptable.”

She sighed softly as pink shoulders moved back, her spine perfectly straightening. “Now, I want you to tell me, what do you know about the Force? Describe your experience with it.”

Børre Drage Børre Drage

"Acceptable, yes," he agreed, as he sat across from her, left leg folded, right knee up with the arm draped over it, and with the foot flat on the floor.

In pondering how to best make contact with a Jedi, receiving the 'call' to gather on Zeffo for a Jedi expedition had been unexpected, but an interesting enough way to get to know some of those who adhered to the calling of the Light, and see for himself if they had what he sought, as he had been able to ascertain through information gathering. The surprise he felt, progressing through the expedition with the pink woman as his assigned companion, gave his investment of time in this pursuit more certainty. He could smell it on her, though faint. Most interesting of all... she was oblivious.

"We could learn much from each other," Børre said, with a small, insistent emphasis in his words, "and our mistakes."

No doubt there would be plenty. He was the neophyte, here, and his pre-contact research had taken him only so far, such that when her questions came, it was a surprise. He didn't know how this dance worked, and there was a minute or two of organising his thoughts, his gaze falling down and to the side. How to express what little he knew without divulging too much of himself...

"What I know, Kestrel Dray," grey eyes coming up to meet hers, "is through the lens of others, anecdotes from holoblogs, news stories, research papers... that many cultures see it as magic, bound in ritual, and many others, still, see this 'Force' as a tool, or a mystical... force to be upheld and worshipped. Religion. What I have experienced, is inexplicable in how it occurs, but the results of trial and error, my own experimentation, speak for themselves. I feel myself permeated with an energy beyond what my body generate alone, that expresses and impresses its will on me, or it follows my desires or direction in countless ways, and gives me strength when I feel there is nothing left of me to give."

His lips turned in the lightest smile, his gaze steadfast, unwavering.

"And you? How did it feel when you encountered it? How did you know?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom