Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Shadow of a Friendship (Syn)

((Because I'm having trouble with restoring 'Shadow' I'm remaking it. This is the first page))

Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

It was really hard to fond someone willing to break into the Jedi temple, nearly impossible in fact. Which was why the Black Sun never tried it, they just had a few of their people get jobs there like any other hardworking citizen of the Republic. That morning Jaxxton went in like it was any other day, with just one difference. Today he carried a letter inside his jacket, one he very carefully placed on a jedi's bed while he was cleaning his room. Once he had, he just went on to the next, going about his daily routine. If asked, he knew nothing about it.

Master Syn
You are cordially invited to attend the grand premier of Kal'Shebbol, a Knight's Tale
showing on the Nal'Regent's main screen. PLease RSVP at 45-6734-093757. Formal
dress is expected.
Sybil Ingus
Manager of Events

Below the signature and slightly to the side was a single D written by hand in cursive, leaving little doubt for the jedi about who had invited him to the famous Nal Huttan theater. At least when he found someone to read it to him. Also in the envelope lay a pair of tickets for the event, date and time clearly stamped.

• Syn likes this

#2 Syn

Nimir-ra

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

@Domino

Syn had been in the council most of the day or with his padawans. Since returning from other missions he needed things to do and with a look upon his bed. he didn't notice it until he sat down and felt the thing his hi leg. It was something that caught his interest and he couldn't remember leaving it there, so he moved and found someone to tell him what it was and said. Then his lips curled into a smile at the idea, oh she was a crafty one it seemed able to get into the temple and he moved to requisition the dress. That was after someone told him what was more formal then robes and boots. A suit to look promising in.

So he traveled the few days it took to make it to Nal hutta with a careful look. He had two sabers on him but kept them hidden in the pockets of the dress jacket. His sash he covered with a visor for his eye sash instead. He didn't know what she would have an hadn't said who he was meeting. Though given how off putting it might be he could admit to a few things... namely that this time there was no big secret or search. He didn't have to make a deal to save a life, no he could do this and hopefully she would value him as a friend eventually to be led into the light.

He had also learned a few new tricks since the last time he was here but stepped off that ship while adjusting his tie all the same. Black dress pants, shoes and a jacket with dark red for the shirt let him march while he presented the tickets. He wasn't about to bring others with him in case something went wrong. No need to endanger others.

#3 Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

She stood waiting for him across the street from the theater. Almost like a date. Except her choice of venue was chosen for security, not to be romantic. Attacking her at such a high-profile event would look horrible for the Jedi publicity-wise, embarrassing too hopefully. Cramped, full of people, and loud noises, a blind person would not find it a fun place to be, let alone fight in. Spotting him amongst the crowd, she set off to intercept him but he made it inside before she could get to him. Still, Domino managed to catch him in the lobby. Hooking her arm around his, she kept going with the flow of the people moving to their seats. "Hello darling, I was starting to wonder if you were coming at all." This close he would be able to smell the perfume she wore. Not too strong or sweet, maybe slightly earthy.

@Syn

#4 Syn

Nimir-ra

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

@Domino

He didn't pause much when an arm hooked in his and caught the scent. Earthy with the underlying scent of the same woman from before, if her voice hadn't been an indication her scent was nearly unmistakable. He could play along and spoke with a grin. "Well with an invitation and ticket snuck into the temple how could I refuse. Not going to ask for the hows as I am certain you wouldn't give it but. I imagine you look nice though Miss, I do hope this attire is acceptable, I was told the males should compliment the females. I hope it is pleasing to the eye." He gave a smirk though and let his mind wonder for several moments before coming to one conclusion. He had really never done something like this before and the thought brought a small flush to his cheeks while he worked to regain his composure. "Do you do this often?"

#5 Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

His deduction was met with light laughter, "I wouldn't and I do. Sea-foam green fading into an aqua hem if you're curious." She said describing her dress, he could discover it was backless on his own. "And you look fine, people won't be watching us much anyways." She continued guiding him through the theater until they reached their seats. Settling down, she got a little more serious. "Actually I was curious if you'd managed to figure out why I wanted and stored nearly two two tons of crystal." Taking the hand she'd threaded through Syn's arm, Domino took a piece of popped corn from the little baggy in her other hand and munched on it.
@Syn

#6 Syn

Nimir-ra

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

@Domino

Syn listened to her and when she described her dress he didn't know what that was. Green was not a color he saw but he was certain she of all couldn't wear it unless it looked good on her. His thought as they went to their seats raced along with the scents of all the people there until she spoke. The crystals he hadn't spared a second thought about it wasn't worth it and for the moment not as important as the medical data had been, though he could always humor her. "That many crystals could make you quite a fortune if sold to the right people I imagine or you could start your own order, most likely is a small rumor. Don't think anyone has actually tried it to my memory, that you may be able to replace stygium crystals with them. Though again is them being so rare sometimes anyone will say stuff." The jedi master kept his arm loose and his hand on view while the other drifted palm up. "It smells delicious Miss."

#7 Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

She smiled at the compliment, knowing he was blind she had been very careful in her selection of the senses that he could use. "If it was money I wanted I could have simply waited a month and have everything I'd have made or sold you the data directly. I am also sure you know that raising a bunch of kids and teaching them about the force would be hell to me. I've got enough headaches." After another piece of popcorn, she continued. "And it's no rumor, why do you think the Confederacy suddenly acted so generous for a pair of mines?" This would be the hardest part of her negotiations, getting a jedi to agree to clandestinely assist a criminal empire to develop cloaking technology. Well, help them smooth out the bugs more like. Too much pressure and he'd just say no, not enough and he might think she was playing him.
@Syn

#8 Syn

Nimir-ra

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

@Domino

The mention of the CIS made the jedi master sneer a little. Though he didn't try and hide it, they had been trying to play nice and he disliked it. Not trusting failed jedi. "A situation that I disagreed with, dark jedi can be troublesome but at least your honest about it. Failed jedi who abandoned the order should stay in their holes. That is might not be a rumor though is troubling, that is why I am here then?" His head turned just slightly enough to show a smirk. "To be what? Told you have a better offer? Or do you wish us to help you?" He laughed a little but didn't press, this was something he cared little about so long as she kept her influence from the core world, from the Republic. "The Republic is not ones for helping criminals but the CIS is like the pelko and the gizka."

#9 Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Well at least that they could agree on. "The old Sith Empire was the only ones to succeed on a mass scale to my knowledge." She whispered not wanting to disturb the other movie goers. "Given the troubled history between us, I was reluctant to approach them, but I hoped that cooperation and the insights I offered could bridge the gap. It quickly became apparent that they were simply wanting to leach off our research while putting forth minimal effort. Normally I wouldn't mind to terribly, but I feel like they're taking advantage of us, not at all in the spirit of our agreement. It's also hampering our own efforts by quite a bit." The lights dimmed and the patrons around them quieted. There weren't any previews, not at a premier. "Am I really being troublesome?"
@Syn

#10 Syn

Nimir-ra

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

@Domino

The idea of her being troublesome amused him to no ends. Was she? No she stayed here in her kingdom with her men and didn't let things be known, that meant two things. She was smart not to cross him or the jedi and she wasn't going to step over that line. "Not yet but I think we have both seen how quickly the winds can change in partnerships. Or in a truce that can be easily violated. If you wish for our help and are willing to share the technology you create. I can commit some resources and people, we can help you but I don't want to be told your people are raiding Republic worlds. If you can control them enough and are honest. I see no problems nor will I foresee any."

#11 Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

She sensed his amusement, she hadn't thought she'd been. Still, "As hard as it may be to believe for scum like us, we actually operate on a philosophy of freedom. We generally don't dictate what individuals may and may not do. They are free to pursue opportunities as they find them. That said, have we raided Republic worlds in the past? Or even attempted to slow your expansion towards us?" No and no. "If that is all you're demanding, I'd find this an easy deal to make." How ironic would it be if the Republic turned out to be their best allies thus far?
@Syn

#12 Syn

Nimir-ra

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

@Domino

"You have not tried to impede and I cannot be sure of the raiding. Would we even be able to tell truly? I see no reason though to call you scum Miss Domino, no you are someone. I have lived a long time and seen much but I have never met someone who wasn't important. So you will not be called scum or insults from me and if any of the order do I shall ensure they understand proper etiquette. We will be your friends either with public support or in secret. As I said you will always have a chance and refuge should you seek it. We may even let your valuable insight become something of an experience." He still had a smile and turned his head back to 'watch' while patting her hand. "You are quite the talent and skilled woman, it is a shame we must be on opposing sides. So rare I meet someone I enjoy talking with, the ones at the temple are with some exceptions not very bright."

#13 Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hand patting was... a bit much and maybe a little creepy. In fact, he seemed to be telling her just what anybody would want to hear. That she was valuable, worthy of praise, the temple would be kept off her back, and that the other Jedi were dull and needing control. Everything an egotistical sith would love to hear. Turning her hand over, she made a 'beak' with her thumb and first two fingers and grabbed his with it, twisting it around a little. Nothing really threatening, just a little uncomfortable. The people sitting behind them probably didn't even realize what was going on. "Careful jedi, don't ever test my resolve or think me as blind as you pretend to be." She let go of his hand without further comment on the matter.

"Now if you want to cut the bantha out and get serious about this, fine. If not, I can leave you to enjoy the movie. Just know that after this I'm going to the sith next. So unless you really want both them and the Confederacy to have cloaking ships by the dozen while you don't, I'd stop playing around." By this point Domino was really getting tired of having her time wasted.
@Syn

#14 Syn

Nimir-ra
  • 816 posts

Excellent

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

@Domino

Syn just looked at her and spoke. He didn't need to flinch and had seen, had had far worse. "Oh it is not a test of your resolve Domino but it is something to see, your offering something big and it seems to not have a price. Or at least not a big one yet which means to tread lightly. Though what I think might prove bad is you know I am telling you the truth. I do trust you at least to you word one way or the other. We can deal but it will be something upfront with all our cards on the table as it were." She turned his head to her to offer a youthful smile while also holding his hand up to his chest. "Though I assure you I am quite blind physically." He went back to watching the show. "When we are done here we can set terms, this technology would be quite a boon, quite an achievement but can we work together long enough to actually strike up a mutual friendship is the real question.? Your more honorable then the Sith, less duplicitous then the CIS and most other groups won't be able to share. So lets make a deal as it were."

#15 Domino

Warden of the Ice
  • 647 posts

Excellent

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

"I am quite transparent in my aspirations for this deal, I assure you." She whispered back. Even if no one would complain about ti, she didn't want to disturb the other people around them, or have them overhear their conversation. "Without significant aid and material from an outside power this project will take years to completion or will outright fail. The only reason I'm even offering to share is that since the data has already been traded, it's all I have left. Unless the order wants a few million credits?" Which she rather doubted, one of the joys of government funding. Truth was, this was supposed to be one of her life achievements, bringing back the Adegan cloak had been a dream of hers since she'd learned of its existence. A quest she'd been pursuing for a very long time. To have it now, held just out of her reach was infuriating. "So there are my cards, care to lay yours out now?"
@Syn

#16 Syn

Nimir-ra
  • 816 posts

Excellent

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

@Domino

"My cards are we don't have this technology and can't afford not to but we have the resources and ability to help. My other cards are simply that I am telling the truth in everything to you. I do not judge you and I trust you, it is why I am here and why I am willing to believe you. After we help you, you could take the technology to the sith or the CIS but I think you've started to see they will abuse your nature and not put in the effort. No put in the time to show they deserve it, we will. We will help you and should you need it we can lend some support cause the galaxy isn't always black and white. Sometimes you nee a little grey to help the people out."

#17 Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

Domino mulled that over as she watched the next scene of the movie, this had been her idea, she wouldn't back down just because they said yes to it. "Alright, I've got a whole shopping list of material and positions that need filling in and only a small window in which the lab will be easily accessible. Obviously I'd prefer to keep this all as low-key as possible. Fortunately your expansion this way means a lot of rush shipping from the core comes out this way, get a little creative and you can hide what we need amongst it. If you like, you and another jedi can tag along just so you know I'm on the level." Hopefully Syn would stand by what he'd said earlier and she wouldn't have to take crap from them or constantly be looking over her shoulder. Not that she wouldn't be.
@Syn

#18 Syn

Nimir-ra

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

@Domino

Syn looked at her and the wheels of ways to expand kept on turning. Yes they were moving more out here and once he had the list the materials could easily be on their way. He turned his head forward and simply offered his hand for a shake. "That can be arraigned and taken care of Miss Domino, perhaps next time you'll let me choose the venue. Assuming there is a next time of course I wouldn't want to damage or hurt your reputation being seen in public with an unknown." The jedi made didn't know if it was a good joke or a bad joke but he relaxed a little bit and moved his hand back to the side and visible. She was going to get what she wanted and the Republic could share in it. If anything they seemed to have gotten to the crux of the deal now it was all finalizing and paperwork on his end.

#19 Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

Shaking his hand in agreement, Domino pressed a data chip into his hand. "I don't know braille, sorry." On the chip was several pages worth of things they needed as well as the quality specifications and amounts needed. There was also a set of coordinates several light years above the planer eclipse of the galaxy and a date. The time and location of their next meeting. "Pick anyplace you wish Master Jedi, I might choose to show." Standing to leave, she wondered if he would choose a meeting place opposite to the one she had chosen. Or had he even realized the holo showing was about the order that fought the jedi and sith to save the 'little people' from their dogmatic ways? As she left, a dozen other people throughout the theater also stood to make their way out.
@Syn

#20 Syn

@Domino

Syn watched Domino leave as he remained seated. The idea of arrainging another meeting between the two of them well it was an interesting offer. He was and would be more then willing also for such a thing. If only to break the monotony at the temple when not training padawans. Finally though he let the thing end not able to actually see it but holding the datapad he made his way back to the port. He would make sure she had the stuff needed to develop. Though he might not be able to bring it all himself. Perhaps one of the padawans could see to the delivery. Or a knight but he didn't know who he would be able to trust.

((Here's a page 2 partial))

Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Prickles ran down her back the whole way out of the auditorium and didn't subside until she was out in the lobby of the theater, then she allowed herself a very pleased smile. It was actually happening! Finally one of her life's ambitions were within reach and she could bring back this lost art. At least if the Jedi didn't send a battlefleet to the meeting point. That would be depressing. Unlikely though, they wouldn't know what to expect there and anything less than total victory would mean war with the Black Suns once news of the attack spread. So then the worst problem would most likely be the Republic trying to move as much material as she'd requested or some bureaucrat in the ranks refusing to authorize the release of something without a proper reason. She could see that happening for the spun tibana, palladium, and a few of the more expensive materials.

Three weeks later, Domino stood on the bridge of the Nimix Cruiser Sweet Kahllina, it'd been her command ship several times in the past and it'd seen her through each time. Now the ship had been regulated to system patrol and border policing, replaced by newer ships designed for the pitch of combat with other ships of the line. Now it was escorting a small flotilla of supply and fuel ships along with two of its sisters, holding position so far above the galactic plane that the stars looked like a field spread out below, just begging to be touched.
@Syn

#22 Syn

Nimir-ra

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

@Domino

Syn had gathered all requested though it hadn't been easy. Things had progressed and come to a head with the situation. Now they were all changed from it in this time though the jedi master had kept his usual stoic enjoyment. It was something he hadn't seen before which meant a lot as it were, now while he stood there with his arms crossed over the gunginir armor with the amulet he had found. He debated what to do, Domino was many thing but when the transport came out of hyperspace he almost expected... in his head to have them all staring down a fleet. That wasn't the case but he still breathed in deeply before speaking. "Hail her and send a friendly greeting. It will be nice to begin."

The jedi master moved as he went to join the shuttles that would transport the supplies she had requested. It had taken some wheeling and dealing but the idea of stealth tech was appealing to plenty. Something they could say they helped usher in and claim the credit... Well let them he would still be doing the work. Now he spoke. "Miss Domino, so nice to see you again. Show the men where to bring the supplies and we can both enjoy the fruits of this beneficial endeavor."

#23 Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

"likewise Master Synlidwirh. The ships activating their navigation beacons are available to take on supplies, please direct your ships to pick one and begin transferring material and personal, you may join me on the Sweet Kahllina if you like." Cutting her side of the comm link, Domino checked the chrono hanging by the front of the belt of her Vornskr Armor. Ten hours to the next rendezvous, they could still make it. "Captain, have the hanger prepare to receive a shuttle, let the jedi keep their sabers but anyone else staying must be disarmed." Less for them to worry about during the trip. They were going to leave the Republic vessels behind after transferring everything over, Domino was taking no chances with the lab and wasn't about to expose it to uncontrolled scrutiny if it could be avoided. Maybe she was a little paranoid, it'd worked out fine for her so far. "I'm heading down to the bay to greet our friends, let us know when the supplies are finished being loaded."
@Syn

#24 Syn

Nimir-ra
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

@Domino

Syn moved as he got the confirmation of ships activating signals. His hand moved to direct they speed it up while he went with one pilot to her ship. There was no need to do more while the transports went from the ships to join Domino's ships. He though allowed himself to be searched and just stood there for a moment having one saber only. He had found some enjoyment in talking with this woman she was truthfully worlds more interesting and had her own code. As much as he might not care for it she was doing what he encouraged of his students... Follow your own truth, some that was the jedi, others it was elsewhere. Now as he clasped his hands behind his back and stood with a smirk. "Miss Domino, you look radiant as always. I hope everything given events has been good." Syn offered a smile and stood slightly straight backed while looking at the woman.

#25 Wendy La Fey

Advanced Member

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

@Domino

Wendy was with some of the transports, she had tagged along for one reason... Experience. She wanted to become a good healer and she needed to learn how to do research. So when a few jedi were being selected ones who could keep a secret she had signed up. Now she was here unloading supplies and crates for these guys and awaiting news of where they were going. She didn't think it would come the councilor had been very very tight lipped about where they were going and while her body ached all over from what had happened. Then from being on a cot for several days because of her injuries on Coruscant. She still couldn't so no to the chance to get out of the temple that had been home to the walking dead.

#26 Domino

Warden of the Ice

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

"Thank you Master Synlidwirh," even if he couldn't be sure, it was nice that he put forward the motions. "I must admit I wasn't entirely sure you'd be able to pull it off, or that you'd try." Looking across the bay, she spied Wendy looking at some of the ships. "Who's she?" She asked noticing the saber hanging from her belt. Domino had extended her invitation to another but she would like to know who it was wandering around her ship. Men, women, and droids moved around the girl as they unloaded the republic ships. The supplies were scanned and cataloged before being moved into storage. Once they were done, the visiting ships would be shown off and the flotilla of Black Sun ships would make a series of hyperspace jumps to the research lab.

@Wendy La Fey @Syn

((And page 3 as it was when the crash happened))

[SIZE=12pt]Nimir-ra[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Posted Yesterday, 08:32 PM [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]@Wendy La Fey @Domino[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He listened to the padawan speak but also was amused by Domino. Her loyalties were not in doubt and he expected she would fight against him at every opportunity. It didn't breach his trust, if anything it made it fun as he stood there. "Oh Miss Domino, as much as I would love to claim to be endearing I fully hope should we meet on opposite sides... That we would hold nothing back. It would be far more preferable to simply avoiding each other." He didn't expect her to fight fair but then he wasn't always one to do so either.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]#42 [/SIZE]http://starwarsrp.net/topic/11419-a-shadow-of-a-friendship-syn/page-3#entry223033Domino
[SIZE=12pt]Warden of the Ice[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Posted Yesterday, 10:22 PM [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] Solid state batteries, now there was an idea. Lots of power, long-lasting (for the load), and very stable should they be damaged. Only draw-back was their long charge time, which wouldn't matter if the cloak was run from the reactors. The batteries could be hooked to a trickle charger. Even if it took several days to bring them to a full charge it wouldn't matter, they were just back-up. "Excellent idea Miss Wendy. Seems like its a good thing you came along with this war-monger."[/SIZE] Smiling, Domino hooked a thumb at Syn, joking with him for wanting to fight her. In the Pit below them, scientists in lab coats oversaw technicians installing a series of small antennas around the outside of the freighter mock-up.

[SIZE=12pt]@Syn @Wendy La Fey[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]#43 [/SIZE]http://starwarsrp.net/topic/11419-a-shadow-of-a-friendship-syn/page-3#entry223527Syn
[SIZE=12pt]Nimir-ra[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13pt]Reputation: 85[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Excellent [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Posted Today, 01:06 PM [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]@Domino @Wendy La Fey[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]the jedi master gave a frown to the pair but remained quite. He wasn't a war monger but he didn't shy away from combat. He would be more then willing to fight if it meant protection of others. He had been impressed though getting a compliment from Domino for the padawan was both good and bad. he didn't want to have the woman take too much of an interest in the girl but he wasn't going to chastise her for having a good idea.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]#44 [/SIZE]Wendy La Fey
[SIZE=13pt]Reputation: 1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Neutral [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Posted Today, 07:37 PM [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]@Syn @Domino[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wendy gave a smile to the woman from her compliment. While she wasn't sure getting one such from a supposed criminal was a good thing she also didn't get them that often. With a look at the jedi master she indicated another smile crept onto her face reaching her eyes, she wouldn't call a jedi master a war monger though out of the masters he was the type to fight fight. Other were all about talking but the ones master who everyone knew didn't see to age was a warrior. That much was clear from his stance and disposition at least. "Thank you ma'am."[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom