Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship A/SF-11 B-Wing Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
A/SF-11 B-WING STARFIGHTER
AiVEMr1.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a new model B-Wing
Image Source: [x]
Canon Link: A/SF-01 B-Wing Starfighter
Permissions: Not Applicable
Primary Source: Not Applicable

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Slayn & Korpil | The Resistance
Model: A/SF-11
Affiliation: Closed-Market
Production: Limited
Material:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Starfighter
Length: 6.6 Meters
Width: 11.2 Meters
Height: 16.9 Meters
Armament: High

[Very High Full Power to Weapons]
  • Light Ion Cannons (3)
  • Autoblasters (2)
  • Heavy Laser Cannon (1)
  • Variable Payload Warhead Launchers (2)
  • Ground-Buzzer Light Blaster Cannon (1)
Defenses: Average
[High Full Power to Shields]
Squadron Count: Average
Minimum Crew: Astromech Droid
Optimum Crew: 1 + Astromech Droid
Passenger Capacity: None
Cargo Capacity: 100 Kilograms
Consumables: 10 Days
Maneuverability Rating: Average
Speed Rating: Average

[High Full Power to Engines]
Hyperdrive: Yes
Hyperdrive Class: 1.0

STANDARD FEATURES
The A/SF-11’s systems, computers, and sensors are equivalent to the technological standards found aboard other starfighters of the modern era.

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Hyperdrive System
Stealth Systems
Strengths:
  • Rotating Cockpit: The cockpit is capable of rotating, or having the body of the starfighter rotate around it without bothering the pilot. This allows it to make maneuvers and turns other vessels might struggle with or not be able to make.
  • Power Converter: New Incom Models now include Power Converters and a small reserve Power Generator, which allows them to boost one of their combat systems in battle, or assist with a rapid startup sequence.
  • Passive Long Range Stealth: Energy Dampeners, Static Dampeners, and Emission dampeners allow the A/SF-11 model to fly under stealth conditions and hide from most sensors at long range. In order to do this it cannot use its power converters, fire weaponry, or have active shields.
Weaknesses:
  • Difficult to Fly: With the gyroscopic rotating cockpit and its complex layout, the A/SF-11 much like its older cousin requires significant training to become comfortable with its use before they are able to make use of its odd design.
  • Unassigned Energy: In combat, the reserve power must be assigned by the pilot or droid or it is not utilized or directed. This means when ambushed by enemy craft, the vessel is not able to perform at its full potential for a time while the pilot or droid bring the reactor online and direct it.
  • One System at a Time: The fighter’s power converter can only direct its reserve power to a single combat system at a time, taking several seconds to stop the flow of energy to one system, then redirect it, and begin the flow of energy to the next system.
  • Limited Stealth: The New Incom Line has minor stealth capabilities, but the fighter must power down weapons and shields, and cannot boost engines in order to evade enemy sensors at long range. The system is ineffective at normal ranges.
DESCRIPTION
The A/SF-11 B-Wing, much like the BTL-S7 Y-Wing, is a tactical strike bomber designed to attack larger vessels with weaponry allowing it some capacity in dogfighting against smaller, more lightly armed enemies. Unlike the Y-Wing, the B-Wing is equipped with heavy cannons rather than limited ordnance to dish out its assault, making it more sustainable for long operations but without the short term high-yield explosives. The A/SF-11 has been modernized like the rest of Incom’s latest line, outfitted with updated systems befitting an elite starfighter, and modernized computers and sensors up to technological codes and standards.

Created as a more expensive, more restricted production line, the A/SF-11 has been fitted with six powerful engines, deflector shields, and additional defenses and systems the Y-Wing was not able to afford providing it with more speed and maneuverability without sacrificing over offensive power.

Its primary weaponry is a pair of powerful rapid-firing Autoblasters mounted on each wingtip which provide the bulk of its firepower. These are gimbal mounted, able to fire on targets and reset its zero point as close as twenty meters to the vessel. Three Light Ion Cannons positioned underneath the cock-pit are situated in a barbette style turret, able to fire forwards at the zero point or snap backwards to fire upon approaching enemy craft. A single heavy laser cannon mounted at the base of the ship’s main airfoil rounds out the vessel’s directed energy weaponry. A pair of variable payload warhead launchers similar to those found on Y-Wings and X-Wings are mounted in the body of the main airfoil, where the engines are situated and the S-Foils connect to the main body of the craft. These are connected to an internal magazine carrying anywhere between eight and sixteen warheads of varying size, from powerful Proton Rockets and Intruder Missiles to smaller proton torpedoes and concussion missiles. As a final weapon, the main body also houses a small concealed Light Blaster cannon normally used as a ground buzzer to harass ground forces while the ship is landed, but can also be used to harry pursuit vessels in combat.

As an upgrade from the older models and based from the TR-20 design aspects, the A/SF-11 Model features a reduced sensor signature assisted by energy, static, and emission dampeners that allow the vessel to operate under stealth conditions. When doing so its weapons and shields must be powered down, and the ship’s power converter cannot be directed. In doing so, the passive stealth allows the ship to hide from most sensors and scanners while at long range, but is rendered ineffective at close range and engagement ranges.

The main difference between the updated B-Wing model and previous versions is the Power Converter and Reserve Power Generator, a concept borrowed from Alderaan Engineering and miniaturized for starfighters. This Converter and reserve power allows the pilot to amplify their combat abilities during flight, such as switching power to weapons when making an attack run, boosting shields while being pursued in a dogfight, or turbo-boosting engines in order to escape capture from a tractor beam.

Last edited:
Laira Vereen said:
The A/SF-11’s systems, computers, and sensors are equivalent to the technological standards found aboard other elite starfighters of the modern era.
Elite starfighters are a very varied lot, especially when it comes to subsystems. A lot of elite starfighters do have special abilities in this area, and if this fighter has any of those abilities, I'd like to see them explicitly listed. I we're talking about general quality, I'm completely all right with this, but I'd like to see this listed as such.

Elite Starfighters don't normally have Advanced Systems as part of their Standard Features. They would have them listed in their Advanced Systems. If you would call it an Advanced system on Sub #173, it would be for this sub too. Thus, if it qualifies as an "Advanced System" and not listed, it doesn't exist on this ship.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Laira Vereen said:
Elite Starfighters don't normally have Advanced Systems as part of their Standard Features. They would have them listed in their Advanced Systems. If you would call it an Advanced system on Sub #173, it would be for this sub too. Thus, if it qualifies as an "Advanced System" and not listed, it doesn't exist on this ship. Gir Quee
So in other words, it's the former that I've listed (general quality)?

I'm iffy about vagueness in submissions. I'd like to see this explicitly listed as general quality.

So I even though its standard equipment, I have to list what specific standard canon/chaos systems it may have?

You've got like 25 things listed in one sub (I'm using it for reference cuz its only been like 4 hours since the reopening). A few of the already approved subs have 30+ Standard Features. I don't want to have to list 25ish things per sub. Why is the Template designed to be so hard to use and not allow for a simple "Its got standard features"?

[member="Gir Quee"]

Laira Vereen said:
So I even though its standard equipment, I have to list what specific standard canon/chaos systems it may have?

You've got like 25 things listed in one sub (I'm using it for reference cuz its only been like 4 hours since the reopening). A few of the already approved subs have 30+ Standard Features. I don't want to have to list 25ish things per sub. Why is the Template designed to be so hard to use and not allow for a simple "Its got standard features"?

[member="Gir Quee"]
If you want to put "standard starfighter systems", that's fine. I'm iffy about "elite starfighter" systems, because there's no standard elite starfighter systems, and "elite" tends to bring with it the connotation of "advanced systems".

[member="Laira Vereen"] | [member="Gir Quee"]

Laira Vereen said:
You've got like 25 things listed in one sub (I'm using it for reference cuz its only been like 4 hours since the reopening). A few of the already approved
subs have 30+ Standard Features. I don't want to have to list 25ish things per sub. Why is the Template designed to be so hard to use and not allow for a simple "Its got standard features"?
The template is designed so that standard features are not necessary to link because they are common systems found in most general starships of that size. Advanced features are to list and link technology not typically seen in standard vessels, chaos canon technology, or systems that alter the strengths and weaknesses of the submission.

In the future please do not debate the validity of your viewpoint on prior submissions. It comes across incredibly argumentative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom