Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Sandy Fate

Objective: Find The Jedi Archive Ship

Rumors were a tricky thing. Especially when it came to ancient, lost relics from times long past. But that didn’t stop Beth Cadera and [member="Abigail Meredydd"] from trying to find them when they had the time. Beth for all intents and purposes was almost willing to do anything to get away from university coursework at this point. Overwhelming, tiring, and in general she was sick of it.

But she had to finish it, but that didn’t stop her from doing other things. Like relic hunting with her sister. Beth stretched in her beskar’gam as she walked off the ship they had arrived in, her boots sinking ever slightly into the sandy dunes of Jakku. “I don’t like desert planets,” she admitted after a few minutes – whether Abby was behind her or not.

It’s probably about 10 minutes, northeast. Would’ve gotten closer but the sand seemed too unstable. At least per the sensors... Hope you're bringing the shovels,” she muttered and shrugged a little. Better to be safe than sorry as she began to make her way towards the old ship. Hopefully, no one else would have found it… Yet, at least.

"Well, I guess I could move the sand with the Force, so it isn't that big of a deal, honestly," she said after a moments thought. Work smarter, not harder, right?

[member="Harli Hayes"]

Objective: Follow Beth
Tags: [member="Beth Cadera"] , [member="Harli Hayes"]

Sand.

Why did it have to be sand.

Abigail let out one deep sigh before she jumped onto the sand, following her sister. Abigail had been silently following Beth, not letting much of her existence be known until the other spoke to her.

"I normally don't really have a problem with them, but now...," she responded," well, you know about my new suit right? It's my first one and a one of a kind, so errors and flaws are to be expected."

She sighed once, a bit reluctant to admit what she was about to say. "Aaaand yeah, it's not airtight, which means sand could potentially get in and mess with the circuits and stuff. So basically it's vulnerable to sand right now. I know."

And that's why she was here the way she was. Instead of her normal full body armour, she was now wearing a simple green tank top and some pants matching the colour of the sand. She'd originally wanted to put on some of her old protective vests, but everything she had greatly limited her movement, so she decided to just wear normal clothed. If everything would go well, she wouldn't even be needing any armour anyway.

Abigail playfully scoffed at Beth when she asked whether she had brought shovels.

"I'm already carrying my backpack and my gun, without help or any kind of armour. You're wearing your... what do you call it again? Beskar... Beskaram? You're wearing a big suit of armour and you're asking *me* to carry the shovels", she laughed. "No thank you. Just use the Force."

Harli Hayes

H
Sharp green eyes stared at the coordinates on the datapad, then back up to the barren waste. They squinted in slight frustration as they took in the sight of nothing but sand and rock.

Harli had been searching the area for nearly an hour and had yet to find any sign of what she was looking for. The location was right, but no ship, just an endless sea of sand.

She shoved the datapad into the pocket of her brown cargo pants and picked up her backpack loaded with gear. Her boots sank into the sand as she ventured forward under the hot Jakku sun. As she adjusted her black tank top, her foot stepped down on something hard, and metal.

Harli stopped in her tracks and looked down at the ground. She gave the ground another tap, only to hear the same metallic noise. Using her foot, she brushed away the warm sand. As the sand was brushed away, a large metal plate was revealed. Harli started to realize that she had been standing on the ship the entire time. Her informant was right about the location, they just failed to mention that the ship was buried deep beneath the sand. "You have got to be kidding me."

[member="Abigail Meredydd"]
[member="Beth Cadera"]

Beth gave a nod as [member="Abigail Meredydd"] mentioned her new suits. “It looked really nice,” she commented as they walked through the sandy sand. Okay, well, maybe she didn’t dislike sand planets. She just preferred to be in places that weren’t blazing hot. Or freezing cold. But, that didn’t matter.

She perked a brow as she looked back to her Abby, her buy’ce locked onto her side. “Oh… Yeah, that could have been very, very bad, Abby.” She chuckled as she shook her head with a playful smile. “You uh, might want to get that fixed,” she commented after a few moments.

Beth scoffed, “Well… Beskar’gam. And fair point, I suppose.

There it is! And…” She squinted as she saw [member="Harli Hayes"] above the ship. Which was likely buried right below her. “We may have ran into company,” she commented after a moment of walking up to the other individual cautiously. She motioned for Abby to get behind her, as her shield & beskar'gam could easily take most bullets. “Hello?” She said, ears and eyes perked with curiosity but also prepared for anything. Perhaps they could help each other out. It didn’t’ seem that she had brought a shovel, either.

"Thanks", Abigail replied with a genuine smile to Beth's compliment. She really appreciated that.

As they kept walking, Abigail was reminded of the annoyances of walking in sand. She preferred walking on more solid ground, where your boots didn't sink with every step.

"I know. I see them", Abigail replied quick as she took her rifle in her hands, aiming towards ship's direction. Abigail placed one of her hand on the back of Beth's beskar'gam as she walked behind her, only poking her head and rifle out to see what was going on, and to prove cover fire if necessary.

The girl didn't look too dangerous, so Abigail quickly stepped out from behind [member="Beth Cadera"] , but she kept her rifle trained at their new friend. "Who are you. Identify yourself", she said strictly and firmly. She normally didn't mess around with people she did not know, and wasn't planning on doing that now either. Beth had always been more likely to trust people they didn't know, but Abigail had been shot at too many times to trust strangers. Especially in situations like this one, where it made little sense for anybody to be here.

[member="Harli Hayes"]

Harli Hayes

H
Harli's ears twitched when she heard a voice behind her. She quickly turned around to face the owner of said voice. Mentally she cursed herself for not paying more attention to her surroundings. Then again, she hadn't expected anyone to be out in this wasteland...other then herself of course.

She sized the two women up for a moment. One was wearing beskar'gam and carried a shield. The second women lacked any armor, but she was armed and pointing a rifle straight at Harli. "A sword and shield." Thought Harli with some amusement. Her blaster pistol was attached to the small of her back, hidden by her backpack, but right now that would be an unwise decision.

Harli raised her hands in a defensive manner, at the same time she slid her right foot back just incase she needed to move. "Easy there, I don't mean any harm." She turned her gaze to the one with the rifle. Harli tried her best to appear friendly. She gave a hesitant smile, which showed her sharp canine teeth. "My name is Harli. I'm just here looking for salvage from an old vessel that went down around here."

[member="Beth Cadera"]

Beth gave a scowl at [member="Abigail Meredydd"]. Was it necessary to go straight for the guns and jumping out from behind a fairly safe spot? She didn’t say anything, though, as Abby asked for [member="Harli Hayes"] to identify herself. That was fair. And maybe… Beth was a little too trusting, but still. She just saw the best in people, sometimes, anyways.

Beth did not move her hand towards her blaster but her concerns were fairly removed once Harli raised her hands and said she didn’t mean any harm. “See? She’s fine,” Beth whispered to Abigail. “I’m Beth Cadera,” she said with a likely much friendlier smile than Abby. “We’re also looking for that vessel. Abby here is an archaeologist, and an archive full of information is just too great to pass up.”

She took a moment to look at the sand once more as she moved closer towards the woman, but cautiously. It didn’t feel dangerous. But… Just in case, she figured she’d go ahead and make an offer. Beth, while having no real relationship with her father in nearly 5 years, still had access to all his bank accounts thanks to her mom. “We don’t mind paying you for the ship, since you technically found it first,” she said with a nod.

Abigail suspiciously watched the other girl without lowering her blaster. The girl had a pretty smile, but Abigail had learned long ago that pretty smiles were often not as trustworthy as they seemed.

"Right," Abigail whispered back to [member="Beth Cadera"] . "I still don't trust her. One blaster bolt in my back *will* kill me. I'm not feeling like taking any chances today."

Reluctantly Abigail lowered her gun as she slowly started to circle around Harli, checking the girl out with her eyes from head to toe, looking for any... weapons the girl might have.

"My name's Abigail", she offered as she walked around. She didn't really have anything else to say. The girl would probably understand that trying anything foolish wouldn't be wise right now, and Beth had already offered to give [member="Harli Hayes"] money to leave. All Abigail did was await her reaction while she finished her check. She couldn't find anything, but then again, she had only checked with her eyes. She still didn't trust the girl completely.

She rejoined Beth and stopped at the girl's side, her own eyes staring straight into Harli's. Abigail's gun was lowered, but if Harli tried to do anything suspicious like reaching into her backpack, Abby would be quick to raise it again.

When her eyes met Harli's, Abigail quickly nodded towards Beth. "She's the one who decides money related stuff", Abigail mumbled. "I'm sure we'll be able to offer an adequate price for your troubles."

Harli Hayes

H
Harli wasn't surprised that others would be looking for the same vessel. Although she had expected other salvagers, not an archaeologist. Beth's proposition made her raise an eyebrow in curiosity. So if they were willing to pay for this vessel and it's not even dug up yet, then there must be something worth while inside.

She watched Abigail as she started circling her. Once out of sight, she used her sharp hearing to keep track of her. Abigail was a cautious woman and Harli didn't blame her, places like these weren't the safest.

Harli's eyes met Abigail's once she had finished her inspection and stood by Beth. The lock was brief before she turned back to Beth. "Going to honest with you. As much as I like the sound of easy pay, I think I'd like to see what's inside the vessel first. Before I make any offers I mean."

[member="Beth Cadera"]

Beth listened carefully to [member="Abigail Meredydd"]. "I mean, we don't have to trust her. I just don't think she's about to kill us or anything. Plus, again, I can heal you and shoot lightning out of my hands at the same time so." She said matter of factly, as if it was some easy accomplishment and ignoring the very real complication of sand.

Nonetheless, Beth relaxed more as Abby did. Hopefully, they wouldn't go into a fight in the middle of a desert. It wasn't exactly a great place to battle, particurarly with the whole issue of sand in wounds.

Beth watched [member="Harli Hayes"] carefully, and perhaps it was naive of her but she was sure that Harli wasn't going to be an issue. Hopefully, at least. Maybe she was too naive... Huh.

Beth gave a nod, "That is fair. I'm just letting you know that I can pay you off for it." That way, there wouldn't be a reason to get a bullet in anyones back. Nonetheless, it came time to remove the sand. "Well... Give me a few minutes to focus and I get the sand moved," she said quietly as she moved back, away from the general area. "I'd recommend moving," she said after a second as she sat down to meditate, to connect herself with the Force.

Wind was easy peasy, but... She needed to be careful, after all. It was a very old ship, under sand.

"You're not exactly in a position to *make* offers", Abigail mumbled, most likely too soft for Harli to hear.

Abigail let out a deep sigh as [member="Beth Cadera"] walked over to do her meditation. Abby'd seen the look in her sister's eyes: she trusted Harli, and there was little reason for Abby to speak out against her for no reason. She'd have no option but to go along with it for now.

For a split second the thought that Harli might end up being friendly crossed her mind, but she quickly dismissed it. She couldn't be certain of the girl's motives, so she had to stay sharp.

"C'mon," she said as she nodded to the side, her gaze directed at [member="Harli Hayes"] ," let's give Beth some room for her to move the sand. Unless you're willing to start digging, of course."

She quickly stepped out of the way, and her eyes once more found Harli. She didn't... She didn't necessarily look bad. Or dangerous. Abigail would even go as far as saying she looked rather friendly and pretty.

"No," she then quickly mumbled to herself, silencing her thoughts," stay sharp."
She'd been stabbed by 'friendly and pretty' looking people before, and she wasn't planning on letting that happening again.

Harli Hayes

H
Harli was glad that Beth was willing to work out a deal, at least for now anyway. "I'll keep that in mind, and..thanks." What Beth said next made Harli pause for a moment. Why would the woman need to focus to move the sand? Then it struck her, Beth was force sensitive.

She hesitated only for a second, before moving over by Abigail when she asked if she would rather start digging. "No, no. I'm good about not having to dig." She stood by Abigail, but stayed within the woman's sight to ease sosome of her caution.

Her eyes caught sight of Abigail staring at her. She gave the other woman a hesitant smile in return. Even though Abigail had been pointing a rifle at her a few moments ago, Harli had to admit that she was pretty. She quickly turned her gaze away, feeling as if she might make things awkward.

[member="Beth Cadera"]

Beth heard [member="Abigail Meredydd"] mutter something, which caused her to open an eye as she glared towards the two girls. Beth wasn't quite sure how she felt about the full situation. [member="Harli Hayes"] seemed like a nice girl. She didn't get dangerous vibes. But, Beth had to trust the soldier here - and Abby was much more of a soldier than she.

Nonetheless, Harli seemed to agree that digging was not a good plan. And so, Beth ignoed the two women who she felt were acting a little strange all of a sudden. With a deep sigh, she used the Force to take the wind and to begin pushing the sand away, her eyes focused as the ship finally came out from under the sea of sand.

It took several minutes to empty the sand out from around the ship. Once it was done enough that they could safely enter it, she stood up, shaking the sand off of her. "Alright, who wants the honors of entering first?"

"Cover your eyes", Abigail told the girl. She wasn't interested in sparking a conversation, but she also wasn't looking forward to dealing with a girl who had become blind.

Once [member="Beth Cadera"] was done, Abigail nodded towards her with a smile. "Nicely done", she said before she eventually returned her gaze to Harli.

To the Beth's question Abigail responded with a chuckle. "I'm already inside", she winked as her eyes momentarily seemed to glow a soft blue.

"As long as your willing to protect me with that big armour of yours when things go wrong, sure", she then said more seriously. "Unless you want to go in first?", Abigail then asked as she turned to [member="Harli Hayes"], finally acknowledging her existence again. "Just don't get any funny ideas about 'going ahead'. You're staying within my sight,. understood?"

Harli Hayes

H
Harli could feel a light wind pick up as Beth focused on her task. She wanted to watch what happened, but instead headed Abigail's advice about closing her eyes. The sound of wind and sand moving about filled her ears for several seconds. When it died down, she finally opened them.

Sitting in front of her, once buried by sand, was an old derelict vessel. Beaten, rusted and most likely falling apart, but it was exactly what she had been looking for.

She turned to Abigail when she spoke to her. Did she want to go first? Being the first one in would definitely let Abigail keep an eye on her just as she wanted. "I'll go in first, see if it's safe. Don't worry, I won't try anything funny."

Harli walked up to the ship and gave it a look over. After a quick inspection, she noticed that the main loading ramp wasn't going to lower from all the sand and rust. Her second option came in then form of an entrance for a maintenance droid. Better than nothing at all. Carefully, she pried the small hatch open and crawled inside.

Dark and cramped, but she expected that for something designed for a droid smaller than herself. Harli activated her shoulder mounted lamp and crawled to the end of the maintenance shaft. Luckily there was nothing blocking the other side as she entered the main part of the ship.

The vessel was pitch black, even with the light from her shoulder lamp. The air was stale and smelled like rust. Around her, she heard faint groans from the weakened steel frame. This vessel was old and may not hold up for very long. She turned and yelled down the maintenance shaft to the other two outside. "I'm in. I don't think this vessel will hold ttogether very long."

[member="Beth Cadera"]

Beth gave a grin to [member="Abigail Meredydd"]. No, she wasn’t but. Abby was one funny cookie. She chuckled a little, giving the slightest of shrugs. “I will be your protectors this day, fear not,” she teased to the two women in a clearly joking manner.

Beth scowled at Abby. She felt like she was being a little too harsh on [member="Harli Hayes"]. Beth chose to not press it, though. She may in beskar’gam but she half-believed Abby would find a way to knock her out even with it on.

Beth followed Harli in second, her extended weight due to the armor really causing the ship to groan. “Oh… Uh… I hope I’m not too fat. Anyone know how to get this thing moved?” Gods, please don’t let her be the one that has to pilot it out. “Or how to even turn it on, honestly,” she muttered as she moved past the maintenance shaft.

Abigail rolled her eyes with a chuckle as Beth pretended to be the brave hero.

Abigail followed the girl towards the maintenance shaft, through which Harli then crawled. At least the girl had proposed to go first, which made her useful. Perhaps she wouldn't be such a nuisance after all. Yet, she couldn't be sure. Not this early on.

"How's that armour working out for you", Abigail asked [member="Beth Cadera"] , who had entered before her. "I bet your beskar'gam is real easy to move in", she added with a chuckle.

"Alright, coming in."

Not being restricted by any kind of armour herself, Abigail swiftly managed to get in and through the entrance originally meant for droids. Once inside with the others, her eyes first fell on [member="Harli Hayes"] to... ensure she was still with them.

"Dang, you weren't kidding about this place", Abigail mumbled as she heard the metal groan and suffer. "We best move carefully."

Harli Hayes

H
"Moved?" Harli asked when Beth entered the ship. She didn't look at the other two women. Instead she focused on scanning the interior of the vessel. "You could move it in pieces, probably. Or slowly get it into a larger vessel."

Her shoulder mounted lamp panned down another corridor. "Something this old, that's been sitting for this long. Well, you're going to have to so a major overhaul. New fuel, purge fuel lines and vents of sand. And..everything else the sand got into. Structural reinforcements. I don't even want to know what the engine could look like." She turned to face the other two. "You know what I'm talking about."

"The real question, is what was it hauling." Sure the ship had beebeen sitting a while and she could probably find a few good pieces of salvageable material. What really brought her here was the cargo. Her informant didn't know what it was, but he said it was probably worth something, and salvaging was all about taking chances.

[member="Beth Cadera"]

Beth hmphed at [member="Abigail Meredydd"]. How's that armor working out for her. Perfectly well, thank you, Beth thought sarcastically. "It is pretty to move in, just... Heavy," she muttered under her breath. Beth frowned as each step created a loud, groaning noise. "Eh? I, well... I'm not really good at telekinesis," Beth muttered under her breath. "I might could like... Keep it floating for a bit, maybe."

She shrugged a little bit. "I'm not sure... We even really brought anything like that with us," she admitted after a moments thought. "But uh, yeah. Who knows? It's an old archive so..."

"Yeah this thing's going nowhere. Could've told you that before we arrived. We just have to find what we seek, hope it's relatively small, and maybe find a way to break open the main exit."

Abigail then shook her head. She really wanted to get this done and over with. The ship itself was already annoyingly unstable, and then there was Harli. Beth had seemingly completely ended up trusting her already, which forced Abby to be the suspicious one, keeping a watch on the girl for both Beth and Abby's sake.

[member="Harli Hayes"] [member="Beth Cadera"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom