Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Samurai Walks Into A Bar... [Kana]

A Samurai Walks Into A Bar...
Aldera, Alderaan
[member="Kana Truden"]
__cantina___by_caesar120-d3e949f.jpg
Crashing and cracking sounds were all this little cantina had to offer in terms of marveling entertainment. Although the band in the background played out a few jazzy and mellow tunes, the more enticing spectacle revolved around a Rodian and a Weequay, both of them almost equally drunk and both on the opposite side of the intelligence spectrum. The exotically dressed man sitting at a table nearby had the rare opportunity to be blessed with a front row seat to this rowdy pair.

"Why'd ya bump into me, man?!" The Weequay roared a complaint, sidestepping only to slosh some of the alcohol in his glass onto the floor. "You gots a problem wit' me?"

The Rodian was obviously a little less full blown drunk than Kenshi had originally presumed. Its gleaming black eyes blinked a few times, registering what was happening as the alcohol continued to flow through his system. "[Feth you, you stupid Weequay! I didn't touch you!]" Kenshi strained to hear the low, accented voice of the Rodian, but he was obviously speaking some other language. Huttese most likely. However, one didn't need to be able to comprehend that language to know that he didn't apologize to the complaining Weequay.

"What was that, vermin?" Anger boiled in his very bloodstream, even some metaphorical smoke billowed from his ears. This wasn't going to look very pretty in the end, especially considering the rather lenient rules this establishment had on personal weaponry. Granted, it was conveniently located near the seedier part of the capital, near the spaceport and some other little commercial areas and backwater residential sectors, but there was a local police station tasked with handling most of these kind of domestic calls.

Their front-row spectator figured that it'd be best for all parties if the police weren't involved, especially over something as small as this. It could've been easily fixed with a simple apology or something along those lines, but too much alcohol bred misunderstanding.

"Excuse me, gentlemen," Kenshi set his little glass of liquor on the table as he rose to his full height of six feet and an inch, "that was me who bumped into you, sir, not this fine gentleman here." His hand dropped to reside upon the hilt of Ashikaga as he spoke. "My sincerest apologies. Here, for the trouble." Within his free hand sat a pair of credits, enough money to buy another drink.

Before he could utter another word, the Rodian had already snorted in disgust at the Weequay, downing another swig of his beer, and then clumsily turning around to head elsewhere. "Thanks." The being grumbled, looking down at his almost empty glass of alcohol and putting a new objective into his mind as he too turned around and headed for the bar. It was a shame he turned around too quickly to notice that his peacekeeper had bowed in thanks.

Kenshi rose from the little bow, sighing as he did so. There were too many people that wanted to get into fights, battles, and wars nowadays. He gave Ashikaga a pat, knowing all too well that he carried a weapon that had seen a war and had the capability to take a life.

I only use you to protect, Ashi. I will use you to give, never to take.

What was the saying? 'Drinking to forget' or 'forgetting to drink'? Both of them sounded just about equally horrible but still had the same nice ring to them. Some might argue it wasn't the right way to approach a horrible situation, or rather memory, but when that 'memory' is all you've ever known it's hard not to. Besides, this unmarked whiskey was good no matter what the the others might have said and she wasn't actually drunk she was just slightly drunk. There was clearly a very important and very fine line between hammered and this. Probably.

Getting out of the chair to get her last round was a pain. Only too late does she realize that her wishful denial meant little to nothing as the world simply doesn't want to stop spinning. Okay, so maybe she'd had a little too much, but she was still in control. Keeping it cool she slowly and somewhat steadily makes her way towards the bar. A loud voice breaks her attention.

"You gots a problem wit' me?"

Great, those two were at it again. Something about the cantina brought out the worst in people. Co-workers, business partners and lovers could all become enemies in a matter of seconds after their first few drinks and the day after it would all be peaches and cream. Truthfully Kana wasn't sure if it was the worst place in the galaxy or the most fascinating. Then again it was the only cantina that was even remotely close to where she lived so it wasn't exactly like she had a wide range of options here.

As she decides to approach the fighting couple her decision to play peace broker was cut short by a burly she had never seen before. Strange, most people who come here are locals. She carefully places herself next to him by the bar. A friendly nod would be good enough, right? Right. She nods her head and smiles, at least she thinks she is smiling. The eyes does not see what the mind feels and she certainly didn't feel like that was a very good smile.

"Barrrrrtender!" She shouts and the bartender approaches her. "Another round on me... No wait! For me, not on me. My bad."

She gives the stranger a second look. He certainly didn't strike her as the usual type of person you'd see around here, then again neither was she. Without giving it much thought she opens her mouth, despite what her instincts tell her.

"Nice job with them there guys, but next time go easy on the credits..."

You've done it now! Oh no! Shut up, Kana! Keep it together! Talking to strangers?! Really?!

"... Spice."

Great going, you idiot. Why don't you tell him about every other dirty secret you got on people while you're at it?

Her drink arrives and she clumsily places a few credits on the counter for the tender to sweep. As she grabs her drink it felt good, maybe a bit heavy in her hand but good nonetheless. Taking a sip she turns around to check her table. Great, the weequay had taken it. With a groan she plants her face on the counter. Not what she had planned. She raises her head and takes another sip.

"Well that's great." She bitterly mumbles to herself. "Count on a weequay to take your seat."

[member="Kenshi Mitsumoto"]

It was one thing to stand there too long to feel the moment of peace, and another when one felt as if he'd collapse onto the floor and never get up. Kenshi took a sharp inhale of air to clam his senses and make an attempt to numb the lingering pain in the back of his mind. Perhaps he'd had a little too much liquor than he'd originally intended. The Dantooine native had never had such a beverage before, these kind of things weren't generally found around the Jedi Temple on Voss and he wanted to indulge in his curiosity just a little. Well, maybe more than just a little.

The burly man stood there for a moment, looking like a fool while patting his sword and mumbling something under his breath about the galaxy and benevolence. It was only after he'd done it did he realize that it happened. Come on, Ken. Don't make these people think you're some weirdo tourist who doesn't know how to dress. The voice in his head stirred his senses, telling his body what to do before he even recognized the movements. However, just as he moved to turn around and occupy his seat again, a new face made her arrival.

She was about half a foot shorter than he, it seemed. Her blonde hair came down just past her face, flecks of her golden locks brushed against her shoulders as he leaned against the bar, flashing a lopsided smile his way. While her smile and the look in her eyes told him that she was drunk, he was too. "Hello, friend." He spoke the first words, giving his own version of what he thought would be a broad, beaming smile. The small woman's smile disappeared as she leaned harder on the bar, calling for the bartender and another drink. Kenshi snorted at her wordplay mistake, taking the chance to down another shot of liquor.

It burned on the way down, but it tasted good.

"Nice job with them there guys, but next time go easy on the credits..."

"...Spice."

Kenshi smiled yet again, a little proud yet embarrassed that someone had seen his deed. "My friend, I'd much rather him take a hit of spice rather than a blaster bolt." It was true. Even if what he did was minuscule, his efforts would more or less work out in the end. This galaxy was far too corrupt, lustful, vengeful, and greedy. If what he did today or anytime else helped to make it a little less so, then he would rejoice.

The warrior-poet gave a solemn smile, his eyes trailing downwards for a moment as if he was considering the floor. Her voice stirred him once again as she planted her face on the bar in disgust, grumbling something about the Weequay that had taken her seat. Kenshi frowned for a moment before it reversed and became a smile.

"Here, have my seat." The large-framed man rose from his place at the little table, adjusting his hakama and robe as he did so.

[member="Kana Truden"]

"My friend, I'd much rather him take a hit of spice rather than a blaster bolt."

"Really?" Kana states in surprise. "I mean, yeah, possibly."

Judging by the weequay's demeanor and general attitude the latter was probably more likely to happen than the other either way. The man offers her to take his seat, a most tempting offer but surely he would need that chair himself? Then again, sitting down would be nice, but he seemed like a cool guy. She sure wouldn't just give up her seat like that so it wasn't right that he'd have to do it either. Maybe there was another place to sit?

"You sure about that?" She asks and lets her eyes wander around the room. "I mean, there's bound to be a table somewhere, and I mean you don't exactly seem like bad company."

That's not what you thought literally twenty seconds ago, dumbbell.

There was a lot of people in the cantina but not as much as usual. Maybe they had gone home? It wasn't important. What was important right now was to find a place to sit that wasn't as close to the bar. If not for her own then maybe her wallet's sake. Kana stands on her toes to get a better look.

"I think I can see one over there." She says and squints. "Yep! A table right over there! Come on."

She quickly stands down and looks around in hopes that nobody heard her. Nobody else but her and... Uhhh, whoever was next to her, was supposed to have that table. She motions at him to follow her and leads him towards the table while somewhat unsubtly trying to pretend she doesn't care for the table in anyway. Except the closer she got the more obvious it became that it wasn't just a table. It was a booth. A perfect booth with damp seat cushions and probably a less-than-clean table.

She takes a seat and gestures to the man to take the one in front of her.

"I'm Kana." She says and tries to smile once more. "I work in electronics."

EDIT: Toned down the usage of the words "her" and "she".

Wilhelm Pashum

Military, Merchant, Refugee
Aldera, Alderaan. It had been years since Wilhelm Pashum last visited the city, and if memory served him rightly then this cantina had given him a perfectly pleasant alcohol-induced memory loss last time around. And by the look of things when he entered the cantina, the years had done very little to change the place. Good things falter and fall, he thought, but the scum can stay scum for ages.

He made his way to the bartender, asking for something strong and not to cheap. The bartender picked a square glass bottle from a shelf. Pashum didn't recognize the name of the liquor and he surely wouldn't be able to pronounce it. He just nodded in agreement.

"Two fingers." he ordered the bartender, putting two fingers next to the glass for the alien bartender to measure by in case he didn't get the reference.

"And what are We drinking for tonight?" the bartender asked him. Pashum was honestly surprised. With the tempo of the clientele, he wasn't expecting more than a passing glance from the bartender before turning to serve another customer. Perhaps the care came because Pashum hadn't paid yet.

"For Coruscant, and all her crying children." he proclaimed while he still had the bartenders attention, raising the glass and emptying it in one go. The drinke burned so hot in his throat that he slammed the glass down on the counter, putting a crack in the glass bottom. Just the kind of drink he was looking for.
"Four more fingers, please."

Another glass was picked up from under the counter and the bartender filled it almost to the brim, dropping in a couple of ice cubes to dilute it a bit. You couldn't milk a costumer for credits if he couldn't even stand.

"You have a mighty broad hand there sir, if you don't mind me saying. How about you take that drink for a walk and nurse it for a while?"

"Yeah yeah," he replied, putting enough credits on the counter for both drinks and tip, the second of which made the bartenders eyes shine with glee. He left the counter and walked further into the cantina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom