Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Rise of Evil

How much will you endure?

A Rise of Evil
JTZcMh5.png
Tag: Spindle Spindle

With the last remaining Aruzan in the village dead on the scorched earth below her feet, Nyaeli walked through the empty and burning streets of her hometown. For centuries, no violent crime had struck this village, yet it felt more peaceful than ever before in this newly created silence that would linger forever. But with those she deemed weak taken care of, she sought new purpose again.

Strange cultists had been the direct cause for her parent's demise, but it was their own weakness that allowed it to happen. They had kept her Force-sensitivity from her, they had shielded her away from reality, and they cooperated with the Jedi, knowing they were defenseless against any repercussions that would follow.

"Fools."

No matter where she was going next, Nyaeli knew one thing for certain — she was never going to accept weakness. The undoing of this Aruzan village would mark the beginning of a quest for power, and anything or anybody attempting to stop this rise to greatness would meet a similar faith as the inhabitants of this town.

cpoESzT.png

TAG: Nyaeli Nyaeli

"Well isn't this fascinating."

The paper-thin woman had anticipated her visit to the peace-driven world to be unremarkable, maybe even boring. She'd counted on the peaceful stillness, actually. A quiet retreat from the war-mongered chaos that had claimed the Weaver's order of operations. Dreadfully peaceful, dreadfully boring, a whole world of a sensory deprivation tank perfect to force a weekend of uninterrupted productivity.

What she'd come across was a different kind of peaceful.

"Remarkable, really." Just barely-too-long limbs folded in on themselves as Spindle crouched over one of the village's former residents. Her stained fingertips ran over the contours of the emptied shell of a mortal, pulling them up by a fistful of hair. The body was still relatively fresh, still warm, though if that was by the remnants of life or the still-smoldering building around them was anyone's guess.

She had come to the village looking for an abundance of quiet, finding an abundance of fresh material in addition. Was that fortune's favor or something more? Beady eyes shifted from her new subject to the wreckage that surrounded them, searching for a source, a hint, something. A slight presence, teetering on the edge of her senses drew forth a small, unnaturally long smile. She let the body fall back into the soot, temporarily forgotten as she rose to her feet, determined to find the source of the wreckage.

cpoESzT.png

A Rise of Evil
JTZcMh5.png
Attani:
Link
Tag:
Spindle Spindle

Another has come.

From the shadows, two orange eyes studied the figure that entered the village and crouched down beside the body of a fallen Aruzan. But unlike the group that came before, this one felt... different. The darkness that emanated from the woman was much like her own, corrupting and pure in its intent. But could she be trusted or was she on the hunt like the others? With those questions running through her mind, the young Aruzan set her plans in motion.

Obscured by flames and debris, she connected with her Attani and sent a ripple through the Force, allowing her mind to project an image of herself into the environment. It appeared inside one of the burning buildings, from where it seemingly stared out through a window, directly towards Spindle.

With those orange eyes settled on the newcomer, Nyaeli attempted to form a connection to the woman's mind. But not as invasive and devastating as what she had done to the Aruzans and Jedi who visited — she merely wanted to communicate.

"You aren't like the others."

the voice seemed cold and touched by the growing insanity and paranoia from the young Aruzan. But she sounded clear, and void of any fear or hesitation. The shimmering image that stared towards Spindle then faded instantly, only to reappear in a building on the opposite side of the street, making it clear that she was dealing with an illusion.

"Why are you here?"

cpoESzT.png

She was only halfway rising from her crouch when she caught the eyes in the flames. Hair draped over the face as black met orange, not unlike a vision of terror that'd plague a youth's dreams. The presence pulling at her consciousness, establishing a connection, felt vaguely like walking through a spiderweb, clingy and somehow both material and immaterial at the same time.

Perhaps that should've been a warning to the Sith, a sign that the village had already been claimed. The more skittish sort wouldn't have stuck around to find out. Not Spindle, though. The chilled whisper in her head was a curious thing, suggesting the eyes in the fire were either an apparition or a creature bound in flame. Either way, Spindle's curiosity was piqued.

"Well, I was here on vacation, though it seems my work beckons." Only half a lie - Spindle had never intended the vacation to be from her work. Spindle's own voice was a whisper among the crackling and popping of flame, some of the less important words getting lost in the heat.

"Are you the one who did this, then? How peculiar." Her gaze parted from the eyes in flame to do another quick inspection of her surroundings. "You simply must tell me how you did all this."

cpoESzT.png

A Rise of Evil
JTZcMh5.png
Attani:
Link

This one isn't afraid.

At the mere sight of the massacre, the Jedi and medical personnel who visited to try and help began radiating fear into the Force, but not this woman. No, she was fascinated by it and showed no intentions of leaving or trying to hunt down the one responsible. So without a need for apparitions, the illusions faded completely and from behind yet another building, Nyaeli finally appeared

The young Aruzan was small, standing barely at 5tf4 in height, and the body covered in ragged clothing showed no signs of ever having gone through intense physical training. But there was something about the light-blue-skinned woman's eyes that drew most of one's attention whenever eye contact was made. It felt as if they were an extension of her mind, and the longer you stared into them, the deeper she connected with you.

"I did do this."

While she could have spoken using her mouth, the voice still echoed through the bridge she formed between their minds. She had stopped moving as well and simply studied Spindle from what felt like a safe distance. In reality, Nyaeli had no clue what Spindle was capable of, and perhaps the fact that she was impressed, rather than frightened, should have been enough of a signal that she was strong in the Force as well.

"I broke their minds, drove them insane through the Attani mind-link, and manipulated them into doing whatever I desired." she finally said without the use of Telepathy, her eyes wandering from one body to another. "They killed each other, they killed themselves and some simply perished when their minds shattered. They were weak, and it was their undoing." She now looked back at Spindle, her head tilting slightly as her own questions began running through her mind.

"Who are you?"

cpoESzT.png

As the girl revealed herself, Spindle's gaze shifted from glowing eyes; to the being as a whole, taking in the rags with a look not unlike what one may give to a stray hound in desperate need for grooming. Somewhere between pity and amusement, curiosity but guarded. Spindle could do a lot with rags. So much, really. She could turn them into the height of fashion or to weapons in their own right.

It was the stray themself she couldn't do anything for, not really. You could dress a peasant in the finest of silks but in the end, it was up to them to sell themselves as royalty. And while Spindle didn't see that level of charade coming from this girl, there certainly was no lack of talent. "Remarkable," she all but cooed as the girl confirmed she was the cause of all this carnage.

"Oh, who I am is hardly important, dearie, but if you must know, you may call me Spindle. Now I'm far more curious as to who you are. And where did you learn this talent of yours?"

Such raw power, at least from the looks of it. Spindle could only imagine what terrible things would come out of further refinement. Terrified, and dreadfully curious. "You know, strength like that could get you far in this galaxy, if you know how to play your cards. No need to waste away in little old here."
cpoESzT.png

A Rise of Evil
JTZcMh5.png
Attani:
Link

Spindle?

The young Aruzan studied the woman for a moment, and she felt something that hadn't quite struck her since her fall to the Dark Side. It wasn't fear, but uncertainty about who or what she was dealing with, which had the ability to settle deeper within her heart until her body and mind could only recognize it as fear. Who was this woman, truly, and why did she seem to have such an interest in her?

"I'm... Nyaeli," she answered, her tone shifting to match the uncertainty her body language had already revealed. She looked down at her torn clothing, at the blood that was running down her blue skin, and a gentle but noticeable frown formed. It made her own blood within boil, because she had declared war on weakness, and now she stood here, feeling weak.

"I didn't learn it, my peop-" she paused, "The Aruzans are naturally gifted with their minds, and our Attani only strengthen these abilities. I developed how to do this myself because I had to; because these people deserved it," she said, her eyes shifting around to all the bodies again without any hint of regret.

The woman then continued, and Nyaeli's fists tightened in response,
"I don't know where to go, who to be and... how," she looked back at Spindle, that uncertainty stronger than ever before. She had no ship or knowledge about the Galaxy — her parents had kept so much from her. Where would she even begin?

"Can you tell me how?"

cpoESzT.png

"Nyaeli," she tested the name, let it flick off her tongue like a serpent sensing prey. At last rising to her full height, almost claw-like nails brushing through her hair, the gentle smile on Spindle's face still pulled a bit long, pulled even more taught as the Sith caught glimmers of uncertainty radiating off the girl.

"Natural talent is marvelous on its own right. Better, arguably. So much to build off of, so much already at your disposal." The cheery lift in her voice wouldn't suggest they were standing among ruins and carnage. "And good riddance to those who would hold you back. Though, something still can be made of what's left of them. I'm sure you won't mind, would you?" The bodies of Jedi alone would be a fascinating source of study. So much material and Spindle had scarcely lifted a finger to procure it.

The unsettling grin faded as the girl continued. Spindle's brow furrowed a touch in careful consideration. "Well, you can be whatever you want to be," she responded with a nonchalant shrug. Not much of an answer, she knew, but a girl without a clue was one that could easily be shaped into a tool. "But if I was in your shoes -" she paused, quickly checking if the girl did in fact have shoes. "And if I never wanted to be weak again -" Another pause, wandering gaze now centered directly on the girl. "I'd look into the Sith. Ensure that never again I'll be chained."

She shrugged again, brushing away the intensity of her suggestion as if the question was more of what to have for lunch. "I could take you to them, if you want. But that's just what I'd do. Do whatever your little heart desires, dearie."

cpoESzT.png

A Rise of Evil
JTZcMh5.png
Attani:
Link

"No, I don't mind," the short Aruzan said as she looked up at the woman who now stood at her full height. Around them, the scorched earth was littered with bodies of her people, but somewhere in the center of the main road were the bodies of two Jedi as well. A Knight, stabbed to death by his own Padawan who truly believed he was attacking an enemy, and the Padawan himself, whose mind she shattered after having turned him against his master.

They lay together, one with a hole in his chest, the other with a look of horror frozen into their facial features. There could have been a third as well, but Silas Westgard Silas Westgard had proven stronger than she anticipated. So there was much more for her to learn, much more room for growth.

Be whatever I want to be?

Nyaeli's gaze was drawn down to her feet to follow Spindle's, and she was indeed wearing shoes, albeit very worn-out ones. Looking back up, she met the woman's eyes and considered the option she was given. Joining the Sith? It wasn't something she had thought about until now, but if they could help her destroy weakness and live her life the way she deserves...

"I... would like to come with you, to the Sith," she finally said with a nod of her head.

"I never want to feel held back like this again."

cpoESzT.png

"Wonderful." The girl's objection wouldn't have necessarily stopped her but there was still power in the illusion of choice. Spindle was almost giddy, abandoning the body she'd first encountered in favor of inspecting that of the Jedi, pulling a variety of tools from the satchel on her side along with a few jars for selective harvesting. She snatched up one of their lightsabers, giving it a quick once over before tossing it over her shoulder. Weapons had their uses, probably, but they just didn't hold her attention like material or flesh. For that reason, especially, she was pleased one appeared unmarred.

As the girl continued to speak, Spindle's movement slowed, a creeping smile tugging once more at the corners of her mouth. "Then we'll set off once I'm through here," she promised, hardly upset to cut her mini-vacation short. "I sense great things ahead of you, Nyaeli. What you've achieved here will soon pale in comparison, I'm sure of it."

With the snips of fabric and occasional squelch of flesh, Spindle made quick work of her subjects. There wasn't too much to be taken from humanoids, little that couldn't easily be produced elsewhere. Rather than an in-depth dissection, she merely took bits and pieces, scratching notes and dates with an ink-dipped fingernail rather than a pen.

"Tell me, darling, have you done something like this before? This carnage, I mean, not a harvesting, of course."

cpoESzT.png

A Rise of Evil
JTZcMh5.png
Attani:
Link

While Spindle reached for some tools and began working on the bodies of the Jedi, Nyaeli's attention actually turned to the weapon that was tossed over the shoulder by the other. Each lightsaber held a crystal at its core and while she didn't quite understand the inner workings of a lightsaber, she could feel this crystal in the Force.

Reaching for the weapon, she now felt its beating heart within the palm of her hand and took a deep breath before walking back over towards Spindle. Perhaps the crystal would be of use later — she was able to corrupt her Attani so she wanted to know what else could be corrupted with this newfound power.

"I've never done something like this before," Nyaeli said as she rejoined the woman, who was cutting into the Jedi Padawan's flesh. The sound, the sight, the smell — none of it bothered Nyaeli, who looked at the lifeless face a moment longer before she refocused on Spindle. "My parents kept my abilities from me, tried to keep me suppressed to shield me from who I really am," She looked around at the carnage again and grinned.

"Well, now they all know," she said, her gaze shifting down to the lightsaber in her hand. Sith huh? If she was going to walk down that path, she needed to tread carefully. If those the Jedi had killed here were any to go by, they could easily kill her if they wanted to — she'd have to play her cards right and get stronger.

"Can you help me achieve more than I have here? I need to get stronger."

• Love
Reactions: Kal

cpoESzT.png

"That is unfortunate." Or perhaps quite fortunate, for Spindle's purposes. "Though not surprising." Keeping the girl's talents hidden would've been effective in keeping her out of the wrong hands. However, with the charade ruined, the girl's spite was a tool perfect for keeping her from drifting back from whence she came. "Parents these days have such a dreadful understanding of what potential their children hold." A missed opportunity in every direction.

"Well, they're dead. It's not too terribly often that what the dead know truly matters." Or rather, accessing the dead's knowledge was a bit more difficult than the living. "Call them a prelude for what's to come."

Spindle paused with her work, considering Nyaeli's question. Could she help achieve more? Certainly, though perhaps whether or not she should was perhaps the better question. She was still a student herself, though for how much longer would be anyone's guess. And Spindle couldn't help but think of what better ways to expedite her own advancement. "I can help, yes." She relented plans and concoctions dancing around in her head. "The crystal in that weapon? Focus on it. You're in control of it, not the other way around. Bend it to your will."

cpoESzT.png

A Rise of Evil
JTZcMh5.png
Attani:
Link

"My parents understood perfectly what I could be, and it scared them," Nyaely said as her eyes began to drift away from Spindle and into the direction of her old home. Not much remained of it now — it was set ablaze in the chaos she created, and her parents had actually died before the carnage she caused. It's what sparked everything.

"But you're right, just a prelude..."

She looked back at Spindle with a spark in her eyes. All her life, she had been locked up in her home with no hope for a future worth living, but all of that was different now. She had found a purpose, and if she could play her cards right... maybe she could accomplish great things.

Nyaeli then looked at the lightsaber in her hand and felt the pulsing light of the crystal at its heart. It was so quiet and peaceful, but also so very weak. She gritted her teeth, tightened her grip on the metal hilt, and let all the anger and hatred bleed out through the Force, and into the core of this weapon. Now, she could hear it scream, much like those she had driven into madness.

It was a satisfying thing.

"If you help me, we can do so much more," she tapped the ignition switch and stared at the igniting crimson blade with pure, deep-rooted hatred in her eyes.

cpoESzT.png

"And they were right to be, it would seem. Though that's hardly important anymore." Spindle's statements had taken a turn for the generic, her craft taking up the majority of her focus. There was a reason generic statements had come into being, one that Spindle was all too willing to take advantage of.

Rising from her work, stained fingers turning to stained forearms, her eyes widened just the slightest fraction as the girl's lightsaber's blade had taken a turn for red. Fascinating, entirely. And on one hand, less work for elder sith to dive into with the girl. On the other hand, however, with natural talent came the opportunity of a threat.

The way of Sith was that of betrayal. That she'd grown to know quite well through her own plots against her own master, Lord Letifer Lord Letifer . Any advantage this girl or others brought to the table was a joyous occasion, still the Nagai couldn't help her caution lest the advantages be turned against her. "In due time, my dear, the only thing holding you back will be yourself. You've already taken those first few steps. Once I'm done here, we set course for Exegol. Then, the real work begins."

cpoESzT.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom