Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Rather Bright Day

Rick Kaloo

R

Coral City, Mon Calamari, 16:27

(Sorry that the picture's lacking in detail, Chaos keeps not allowing me to post much pictures of Coral City)

In a rented office building near the center of the city, Rick Kaloo waited for his guest to arrive. He had chosen the city because it was one of the few large surface facilities on the planet, and not all species could breathe underwater as well as Mon Calamari could. It was a very simple choice logically.

Boats of all different types skimmed across the water, either docking in ports scattered throughout the exterior of the city or sailing elsewhere. Landing pads were also spread throughout the city, most able to fit freighters or corvettes. Soon, the woman he was looking for would dock on one of those pads, or stop her boat at one of the ports.

[member="Anaara Clandestine"]

[member="Rick Kaloo"]

This world was beautiful and well the sight from aboard the Celeste class that had been brought to the world for them to work with some of the aquatic mon calimari's well... it gleamed with the silvery white hull in the sun. A massive ship for sure but it was akin to a cruise ship that she was able to sit on and take shuttles or boats off from. Everywhere the business manager went on the ship was showing some of the workshops and displays for what they had access to. She wanted to make sure it was a great time though for this possible new contract that they were going to be able to foster and grow. Since Reshmer was quiet now and a few other of the companies they had often worked with, Coming into dock near the city she stepped out wearing the skylar uniform that was looking skin tight but compared to many it had more protective qualities. It also helped display what they were able to make as the agena radiated the lightside of the force for those who could sense it. Black hair down past her shoulders as she walked towards the room the half twi;lek stood tall in the uniform but also the heeled boots. "Hello, I am here to meet Rick Kaloo

Rick Kaloo

R
A single Mon Calamari in a white business suit met the manager of Sasori at the docks.

"Mr. Kaloo is up this way, follow me." the Mon Calamari said.

The man walked through the city, which was bustling with many varieties of species, but especially Mon Calamari. He took a left turn and came to a waiting taxi, piloted by a lean, young man with brown hair. As they stepped in the taxi and buckled their seat belts, it lifted upward into the skies of Mon Cala, heading in a straight line.

The taxi proceeded to make many left and right turns through the city's roads, unmarked but easily detected by the large groups of ships that passed through in lines one by one. A one and a half kilometer tall skyscraper loomed directly in front of the taxi, a giant cylinder among smaller, more irregular shapes. The taxi flew upward to about three-fourths of the height of the building, a landing pad becoming visible protruding from the great walls of the skyscraper.

With the wind beginning to howl all around the taxi, it gently landed on the pad, which was big enough to accommodate about five more taxis.

"Kaloo's rental office is the third room to the right." the Mon Calamari said. "I'll leave you to your negotiations here."

Sorry for the inactivity, irl events

[member="Rick Kaloo"]

Leading her through it she was checking everything that they might be able to see before she looked out towards the cityscape. THis was really beautiful and she could see why one of the earliest outposts and facilities had been here on the planet. After the liberation of the world from the old sith empire. There had been a lot that needed to be done and now well, now they might have a chance to do a few things. "THis is a wonderful world, I am glad to see it is fairing better then some of the others." Before she could look at the one who had led her here and disappeared the business woman rolled her shoulders in the skylar suit. "Now lets have some fun."

Rick Kaloo

R
Rick got up from his chair and left his office, deciding to go and meet his associate himself. Walking through the narrow hallways, he opened up a tall, narrow door at the end of the hall near the exit. Now, the business would begin.

He paused for a moment to look at his associate. She was a brown-haired woman, human, with an average build. The woman wore an uniform likely unique to her company's production lines, mass-produced throughout the galaxy.

"Hello there." Rick said to the woman. "Come inside if you want, it's warmer and there's less wind. I can show you the way to my office."

[member="Rick Kaloo"]

"Thank you." She said it and moved to join him, the view was great and everything that they had around the world and city. It was wonderful, she was interested in the office if only because a mon cal above the water.... how would they decorate? Something random to think about in the mean time between things... she liked doing things and was getting distracted wondering what a mon cal decorated his office like on the surface of a planet when he likely had some underwater palace full of men or women.... OKay enough of that she decided standing there for a moment and making sure her wrist chevron pad was ready to show off any of the information that they needed to get.

Rick Kaloo

R
"Follow me." Rick replied.

He entered the building through the tall set of doors he had just came out from, a layer of warm air quickly encompassing him. In front of him was a long, straight hallway with multiple paths and offices extending off it. When he came to the third office on the left, he took out a chip from his pocket and put it in a slot on the door. It glowed a bright lime green, opening up into another space.

The office was a small but bright place, with a table taking up most of the space. Paperwork was scattered in piles throughout the table, as well as two computers. There were two chairs, on opposite sides of the table, and cabinets in the far left and right of the office, vastly varying in items inside them. A few pots of native fauna filled the room, and two windows took up the majority of the remaining wall space. The buzzing of traffic was barely comprehensible through the windows, designed to keep noise out.

"Shall we get started?" Rick asked.

[member="Rick Kaloo"]

Hmm it was not what she was expecting... she was hoping for something with more flair but that just made it something better in her opinion. The expectation of something and then something different and now as she looked at the desk and glanced to mostly make sure if she sat down she didn't disturb something. "Yes lets, So what kind of contract were you looking to get your hands on from Sasori. We have a number of divisions that can make any number of endorsements to you." She wasn't going to say what they could do for her, in truth, she disliked that attitude and tried like Matsu did to be open and help anyone who needed it even if it was just investing in new products with their many aurodium mines.

Rick Kaloo

R
"We are currently looking to obtain some naval vessels, preferably a heavy cruiser and multiple frigate-class vessels. In return, I can perform whatever favor you would prefer. Credits, assistance in your work, anything within reason." Rick said.

While Ne-Cal Military Engineering was growing in influence, it had yet to start production on vessels larger than corvettes. Receiving frigates from other companies could give Ne-Cal engineers ideas for vessels of their size and become the start of various series of modified ships. As for the cruiser, Rick needed a new flagship. While Destiny was an excellent and well-balanced ship of its class, it was beginning to become clear that fleets of Destroyers were dominating the battlefield. A larger warship would increase Rick's potential in combat.

"What would you like in your half of the exchange?" he asked his associate.

[member="Rick Kaloo"]

Hmm when it came to ships like that they made a number of them, she started pulling some of the ships up as the list came. At least the ones that she was guessing he was more interested in. Sasori wasn't completely in the business of making warships but they did have some things that worked well. Something that could be used for different purposes. "We do have some ships that can meet that criteria, the Andrasta might be the smallest but it is from a solid design used over the centuries. We have a hammerhead style frigate that is small but made to smash into anything. A stealth destroyer and an advanced carrier but most of what our ships can do it provide self sustaining modules and the ability to outlast and maintain your ship in space or in far off exploration. Our seeder and saratai ships work to map and discover new worlds, new species, new resources." She was saying the small sales pitch but brought of the destroyer itself to show it. "These destroyers though might be the best for what you want, not as high production but able to cloak and remain undetected by most systems including force users, have built in crystal grav traps to detect other stealth vessels." THen the question of what they would want from it. "As for our interests, Mon Cal style advanced shielding is always welcome and advancements to our inth and nnth armor."

Saotome Hammerhead
Saotome Andrasta
Saotome Derry Carrier
Saotome Patrol Destroyer

Rick Kaloo

R
He took a look at the ships, which were a bit larger than he thought.

"The Hammerhead is just slightly too big to be part of our frigate project, a 300-400 kilometer ship might be better. However, the Hammerhead is also too small to fit into my "heavy cruiser" category. The Derry carrier is by far overkill, there's no way the Galactic Alliance would allow me to fly such a ship. However, a carrier about a third of its size would prove very useful for me. The Destroyer is simply out of the question." he stated.

"Some mid-sized capital ships would be good for my deal, but please don't bring it up to Destroyers unless they're on the smaller side. As for your request, we have the contacts to provide you with both our own shields and shields from our corporate partners in Mon Cala. The amount I will give you will depend on the ships I will buy." Rick continued to say.

[member="Rick Kaloo"] (I am guessing the three hundred to four hundred kilometers is just meters cause no one has ships that size)

She was looking at him and listening to it. There was maybe something they could do. "Well the older carriers might be able to work, less ships, smaller size and we have some older ships but generally exploration and colonization are what we go for." She was thinking about it and brought up a few more ideas. "Though we do have a few things that might help you. Our modular racks work to increase hanger capacity in most of the ships and we are looking to retrofit in on most of our carriers. Self sustaining modules to allow ships to last longer out of dock and provide better." She was thinking about it now and getting some of the things was important but she could temper it, something for nothing was not exactly fair or good business. We was looking to make this profitable to both of them.

Rick Kaloo

R
"Actually, never mind that. I'll buy the Andrasta supercarrier, I could always just sell it again or strip it down and keep its frame to base other designs off of. And the Hammerhead could work as a frigate template, even if it is a bit large." Rick said.

He came to realize that he would have to improvise these days, and these were hard times. Even if improvising meant buying some ships that would likely kill Ne-Cal's budget for the next three weeks.

"As for the Mon Calamari shielding, we can dig up enough money to buy some equivalent to my offer. I'm considering getting enough shielding to cover a five kilometer long, one kilometer wide ship." he continued.

[member="Rick Kaloo"]

She looked at him and gave a nod of her head, while it sounded strange she wasn't against it and... the idea of making a ship that large well was something she could see and work on. "An impressive task before you. We have experience with the old shepard from long ago but nothing nearly that impressive. Should you want some of the components we have developed an automated repair system and sensors for detecting cloaked force users." The sensors were an older model but they were tried and tested, able to detect even the white current users thanks to their weight. She had a few other systems, like the shielding booster and back up systems. "We have one of the strongest reactors and as far as I know are the only company with a quintessence reactor for powering the largest ships."

Rick Kaloo

R
My bad,

"You have good ideas, but we are not looking for any modifications right now, just an unmodified stock vessel. Our shipyards will modify them personally."

While he had some knowledge of Sasori, it would be likely easier and quicker for crews of Ne-Cal vessels to get used to Ne-Cal modifications than foreign modifications. Another issue was that modifications from other companies might not take into account Ne-Cal designs, resulting in there being not enough space or the space available being hazardous to performance.

[member="Rick Kaloo"]

Well alright then, she might have things in the future but he seemed certain so Anaara gave a nod of her head. "Alright, I think we got everything handled. Please contact us if there is anything else you need or want. We are working to develop and bring out new items and ships all of the time. I know some of the prototypes for a super carrier are being worked on." She said it offering a smile and handshake as she was ready to go and they could conclude these business arraignments. Some ideas about other ships they might be able to start making or have now though were coming to her mind.

Rick Kaloo

R
"I'll have the shielding to you within next week. It was nice to meet with you, and hopefully we will meet again." Rick replied.

He took the handshake and then sat down at the chair closest to him.

"I have some more business to attend to, you can leave at any time. The taxi is back where it left you, no charge needed. Bye!"

She gave a nod of her head to that, leaving and offering smiles. Her wrist coming up when she was in the taxi to get back to the celeste for now. They could head off world later but she had a chance to enoy the sun and everything around here. "The meeting went well I think. Definitely different then working with the likes of Reshmer and the shipyards but it would be able to work well." She was looking at it and some shielding tech from the mon cal would always go a long way, she just wasn't certain about all of it or some of the ideas. She had some more testing to go and do on their defensive screens for ships and what would hopefully be a next generation booster to compliment the one they had already. Anara arrived and went towards the docks and the ship. She had some of the attending droids so they could work on some of the equipment and her tan.... also chance to test out the biot gill they had develpoped here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom