Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Quest for Knowledge/Friendship

The Great Jedi Library was one of the largest repositories of knowledge throughout the entire galaxy, and for Rasu Gan it was located right inside her home. Since her promotion to Padawan, Rasu had made an effort to visit the library frequently to better understand the galaxy and those that inhabited it. Today the Shi'ido Padawan had come to learn from one of the many holocrons that the Temple owned. Making her way through the giant pillars that served as an entrance to the library, she walked up to the current librarian, who was sorting through vast amounts of information on her datapad. "Good Morning" Rasu said cheerfully, "I'd like to enter the holocron vault please. I've got permission from my master, Marek S'hadar." The librarian looked up from her pad, and smiled back at the Padawan. "Well then everything seems to be in order my dear. Go and enjoy yourself." she said, handing over a key card to the Shi'ido. Returning the smile, Rasu set off towards the vault, changing form as she walked. She had found that her skin shifting ability had come quite far in recent months, probably due to the fact that she had been forced to use it more often than she normally would. Larger species didn't trouble her anymore, which would normally leave her exhausted and unable to change back afterwards. Rasu approached the vault entrance, now a green Mirialan, she slid the key card into a slot next to the vault door and took a step back as it swung open. Upon entering the vault, she felt another presence in the chamber, surprised to find another Jedi in the vault, she greeted the stranger. "Oh hello, sorry I thought I was the only one here."

@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Akodya Mune

A
Akodya looked up from the shelf she was studying with a dull expression on her face, completely unmoved by the other padawan's sudden entrance. "Then you were misinformed." She replied with a monotonous voice, before turning back to the various holocrons lined up neatly on the shelf.

In the past few months the library's vault had become Akodya's refuge from the outside world. She found it easier to submerge herself in her studies than to meditate for hours on end, and to be honest, she preferred the first option. Recently she lacked the energy to train as vigorously as she would do normally, and she had been advised to take it easy with her still healing injuries. A bandage that hid burns ran up her right arm, a odd diamond shaped scar peeking out at the end of the fabric. It was only small, but it disturbed her greatly.

"Are you in here for a purpose?" She asked the mirialan jedi that had strolled in, one of her eyebrows raised at the green padawan.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu was slightly taken aback by the Padawan's tone but didn't let it show on her face. The Padawan had seemed to be injured, as bandages covered her body, a large one taking up a considerable area on her right arm. Fresh scars littered her skin also. What has happened to this woman? she thought, slightly alarmed by the woman's appearance. Should she even be here, shouldn't she be resting? She was unable to take her eyes off the woman's injuries but forced herself to look away to answer the question, meeting the human's eyes. "Oh I'm just here to learn from one of the holocrons here, Master Shan, if you were curious." She contemplated whether to ask the woman the next question, but her curiousity won her over. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but where did you receive all these injuries?"

@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Akodya Mune

A
"I fell." She replied bluntly, not really wanting to give anymore detail than that.

From the moment the other padawan's eyes fell on the bandages she knew she was going to ask about them eventually. She would of if she saw a grumpy looking girl with massive amount of injuries. She hadn't LIED in her answer, since she had fallen after all. Fallen from a smuggler's ship entering hyperspace and through the burning inferno of an exploding public shuttle. The incident is not something really liked talking about. Cringing at the memory Akodya turned away from the mirialan and blew some dust of an old holo emitter.

"Master Shan isn't that popular at the moment, the holocron should be on that shelf to her left." She stated simply.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

"Oh thanks" Rasu said, obviously this girl didn't want to talk about the cause of her injuries. So leaving the Padawan to her own devices, delicately picked up the holocron and sat at a table opposite her. However instead of activating the holocron, Rasu focused entirely on studying the young, injured Jedi. She could she by her movements that she was obviously still in a bit of pain, she really should of still been in the med bay. Her dark hair had fallen over her face, slightly covering her hazel eyes. Looking deeply into them, Rasu found such pain and regret. Wanting to search deeper, Rasu extended her Force awareness out towards the human female, she was surprised to find no mental barrier but continued onwards and that is when she found it. A dark smudge, slowly spreading, full of lust for vengeance. Startled, Rasu pulled back before the hint of the dark side began to taint her also. What could of happened to this woman that she has come so close to the dark side? she thought. Curious to know more, she sat up and returned the holocron to it's spot on the shelf. Walking over to the girl's table, she sat down opposite her so she had no choice but to notice the newcomer. "I'm Rasu Gan by the way. It's really nice to meet you. And who might you be? I swear I've seen you around the temple before."

@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Akodya Mune

A
"I'm Akodya, Akodya Mune. It's nice to meet you too, Padawan Gan." She replied without looking at the girl, growing a little uncomfortable with how close she was studying her. The padawan didn't bother moving her hair from her eyes. She was silently begging Rasu to leave her be, she wanted nothing more to do with others. She needed to distance herself again, regain the control she always had over herself. In order to carry out her personal mission successfully, she needed to be in the perfect mindset. Even though half of her longed for revenge, she new it was not right to pursue it. She was to bringing them to justice, not hunting them down for vengeance.

Much to Akodya's displeasure, Rasu made herself at home in the spare chair of her table. Inwardly sighing Akodya forced herself to turn attention to her own studies.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu could tell that @[member="Akodya Mune"] wanted nothing more than to be alone, but as her fellow Jedi, the Shi'ido could not just sit there and do nothing about the dark cloud slowly corrupting her and leading her down the wrong path. Looking down at what she was reading, she recognised it as a medicinal journal. She had never seen a physical copy of one in real life, only in pictures on her datapad. This is actually really fascinating, she thought to herself as she attempted to read the upside down passages. Getting lost within the vast amount of fascinating information, Rasu had to force herself to look away, remembering why she was here. Raising her head, she looked back up at Akodya, who was avoiding the Padawan's eyes, keeping her gaze locked on the journal. Arghhhhh can't you understand I'm trying to help you!!!! Trying to understand what could have happened to create such darkness, Rasu realised she would have to ask if she was going to have any chance of redeeming the younger Padawan. "Akodya" she said waiting for the girl to lift her head to make eye contact. "Can you please tell me how you got these injuries. I know it's not my business but I am a bit concerned for your well-being. Mentally I mean."

Akodya Mune

A
"My mental stability is not your worry." She said dully, her eyes not wavering from the words on the page. Akodya maybe distant, but she wasn't dumb. She knew exactly what the girl was trying to do. She must have sensed her inner turmoil she had been harboring for a while, and honestly, she couldn't care less about what the other padawan thought.

"I already told you how I received my injuries, I fell." She repeated her earlier statement, briefly looking up. "You have no need to be concerned for me, please, go back to your studies." She asked, her voice usually so controlled and stiff was now wobbly and pleading.

She would not weep in front of a stranger.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Letting out a sigh, Rasu dropped her head onto the table emitting a loud thud. Arghhhh why won't you let me help you Akodya!?!? Staring at the wooden table for a while, she slowly raised her head to find the young woman still gazing at her journal. Frustration began to build up within the young Shi'ido. "You know what" she said getting out of her chair so she could look down on the human. "If you won't let anyone else help you then, I hope you have fun falling to the Dark Side. You deserve those scars for being a completely depressed idiot who can't even see when someone is trying to save you from corruption!" With her rant finished, she stormed out of the vault, not even looking back to see Akodya's reaction. If she won't take my help then she doesn't deserve it, let her be kicked out of the order then she how she feels. Rasu had only gotten to the librarians desk before she stopped and turned around. What have I done, I can't just leave after I said those horrible things. Sprinting back into the vault, she passed the shelves of holocrons before making it back to the tables.Her head was bowed as she was too ashamed to make eye contact with the human Padawan. "Akodya I'm so sorry, I didn't mean those things I said, please forgive me."

@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Akodya Mune

A
The sudden outburst by Rasu Akodya off gaurd, the padawan looking up at the other Jedi wide eyed and stunned. Corruption? the dark side? the words hit Akodya like a slap in the face, flinching as if each syllable caused her acute pain. A violent mixture of different emotions surfaced once again, slowly bubbling like magma. She can't be can she? She had spent her whole life RUNNING from what she thought would make her fall into the wrong side of the force, but, had a small seed of it already been inside her? Had everyone else around her noticed it, everyone but herself?

Akodya's heart began to beat wildly as those thoughts were gushing into her mind, so fast she couldn't even stop them.

No. No. NO.

Salty tears began to sting her eyes as she furiously tried to blink them away. She angrily slid the journal off the table with her good hand without even watching it slam onto the ground. Burying her head in her arms the padawan let herself cry, just this once, until footsteps snapped her back to reality.

Rasu had returned. Akodya looked up and quickly rubbed the tears that stained her face away, her eyes dark. The padawan wasn't even meeting her gaze. In all honesty Akodya didn't know how to respond to the girl's plea of forgiveness.

"B-But...what if you are right?"

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Surprised that the girl's reply didn't hold any annoyance or anger, Rasu looked up at Akodya to find her staring back, tears slowly falling down her face. Oh no look what I've done! Hurrying to the seat next to her fellow Padawan, she sat down and clasped Akodya's hands with hers. Now I've got to say it nicely otherwise she'll bite my head off again. Taking a deep breathe so to quickly collect her thoughts, she spoke to the girl. "Okay listen, I know it's hard to believe and I know you don't want to believe it, but it's true. The dark side is beginning to corrupt your mind. It's not your fault though, probably something relating to the incident where you got these injuries has stirred up some new emotions that's all." Lifting up Akodya's head, she brought it up so that her hazel eyes were in line with her violet eyes. "But don't worry, Rasu Gan isn't about to let you fall so far down the wrong path." Pulling the girl into a hug, Rasu comforted the Akodya while whispering in her ear gently, "Now come on, wipe those eyes and let's get rid of those hateful emotions." Letting her go she leaned back in her chair, satisfied that she had finally won the stubborn woman over. Now let's see if she's ready to share her story? Rasu thought to herself. Looking back at the Padawan she said, "Okay so if I'm going to help you Akodya I really need you to tell me how you got these injuries, none of this falling Hutt slime because we both know that a small fall didn't cause this much damage, so come on. Start from the beginning."

@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Akodya Mune

A
Akodya stayed silent for a few minutes but she didn't shy away from Rasu. Sucking in some air Akodya's breath hitched as she began to explain how she received her injures. "Its all because the kriffing togruta hick wouldn't carry a blaster!" She wailed, weeping into her arms again. She knew that it probably didn't make sense to the poor mirialan, but it was just the first thing to pop into her head.

"I-I was friends with Khan, you know, the senator who is missing...I...couldn't do anything! T-they had a bomb on the shuttle a-and...and I didn't know...they died, they all DIED. I COULD ONLY WATCH THEM DIE!" she hissed, her words muffled in tears and rage. She had doubted she'd ever cried so much before, heck, she didn't even know if she had ever cried before.

"The bounty hunters had Khan cornered and took him in the their ship! I could keep hearing h-his message from the comlink in my head, I f-failed on e of the only friends I've ever had...a-and I BURNT for it..."

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Holding onto Akodya as she explained the recent events, Rasu listened intently, comforting the young woman as her tears flowed out of the puffy, hazel eyes. The Shi'ido Padawan had heard of Senator Ruu's abduction and how a Jedi had been dispatched to rescue him, but she had no idea that it had been Akodya. Rasu knew what the young human was going through, she had been around the same age as Akodya when her family was murdered. She could understand why the Padawan felt such hate towards the Senator's kidnappers, they had taken her friend, and she had no idea if he was dead or still alive. "I know it hurts to think back on this Akodya, but you're doing a really good job." Rasu said, still holding onto the weeping woman. It was a good thing that they were seated in the holocron vault, the soundproof walls stopped the wails of the pained Padawan from escaping into the library where others would take notice, at least here they could have privacy. "Now Akodya, tell me what sort of feelings you have towards the kidnappers of the young Senator." Rasu was extremely pleased with the humans progress, once she understood that she couldn't have done anything else to save him, she would be able to finally farewell the emotions that were dragging her off the path of the Light.

@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Akodya Mune

A
"Hate. so much hate." She said through clenched teeth, her body shaking violently. Oh, how she hated them. She new it was wrong, so very, very wrong. She had gotten to the point were meditation won't help, and she had lived with the loathing so long that it had eaten her alive...leaving her numb. She understand the reasons for her rage, Akodya was not thick. The only way she felt she'd ever find peace for her failure to to drag the bounty hunters sorry asses back to the republic and have them rot in prison.

"I have tried everything to get rid of it, but it...haunts me...and then there was Iridonia t-to..." She whimpered, suddenly remembering the cruel chemical weapon that was used on the zabrak civilians. She was helpless then to.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Akodya began shaking violently while within Rasu's arms. Yes let all the hate build Akodya, let it burn so violently that it dies out, she thought. The woman had stopped crying now, leaving Rasu's shoulder damp, however she still kept shaking, sending vibrations through the Shi'ido's body. Rasu hoped she was doing this right, she had read before in a historical text of Jedi who had come close to turning to the dark side and had only been redeemed once they had made their dark emotions known to their fellow Jedi, who were able to put a stop to it. Knowing that Akodya was most likely not going to share these feelings with anyone else, it was up to the Padawan to help this conflicted woman. At the mention of Iridonia, tears began to seep once again in the girls eyes, leaking down her face and onto Rasu's robe. "You can't stop now Akodya, you're doing so well! What happened on Iridonia, tell me what went on." The tearful Padawan need ed to understand that all her failures were purely inevitable. The Force had planned this to happen, and if Rasu knew anything about the workings of the Force, she knew that individual beings were nothing but dust compared to the colossus scale of power that the Force held.

@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Akodya Mune

A
Akodya shook her head slowly, not wanting to go on. Bringing things to the surface were just making things worse. Frowning the young girl fumbled to fold her own hands on her lap. Her whole life she had been taught to deal with inner conflict, but why is it when she is actually experiencing it nothing was working. Turning to the padawan that still held her firmly in her arms, a strange and unexpected wave of hate run through her. Flinching roughly away she glared at Rasu with dark eyes. What would she know anyway? Why does she even care? there is nothing for her to gain by trying to assist Akodya!

"Civilian death." She said in such a cold tone that it froze her own heart. Did that voice just come from me...? She thought to herself, eyes widening.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Akodya seemed to think things through in her head before she finally answered. The voice that emanated from the woman's throat did not resemble Akodya's voice in the slightest. Rasu froze in shock, as pure hatred seemed to leak through the human's vocal chords. I was right, the dark side has nearly taken her, she thought. Releasing the girl from her arms, she slowly rose from the chair, not taking her eyes off the Padawan, as if she was some ferocious predator that had escaped from it's cage. Akodya seemed equally startled by the sudden change in her voice, but she didn't seem to understand the true meaning behind it.

"Akodya what did you just say?" Rasu asked. She had to be sure that this was just a one time thing, for if it was permanent then there was nothing else Rasu could do except maybe bring her forward to the Master's where they would have a better chance of redeeming her. However Rasu didn't want to do that, by bringing her to the Master's, everyone would from that moment on be extremely cautious around the girl. Not many Knights or Masters would take her on as their student and she would lose majority of her trust in the Order itself. She had to be sure that there was a speck of a chance that Akodya could be brought back fully into the light, and for that to happen she had to get it through her head that she couldn't have done anything else in her time on Iridonia and with the Senator's kidnapping. The Force had already set the events in motion and as manifestations of the Force itself, Jedi were tasked with only maintaining these events not disrupting them and changing it completely. If Akodya could not grasp this idea then she would never fully be able to join the Light side.

@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom